test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    kitaitriskitaitris Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this thread makes me want to try out the tr but i cant choose between wood elf or human!!!! :P

wood elf allows to get the 20 dex 20 str 20 int stats with +1% crit racial
    human would get something like....19str 20 dex 19 int but with 3 more heroic feat points for scoundrel training.......( ignore the other racial passive, i think wood elf wins on that one....)

so simple question..... is that 1 int, 1 str and 1% crit worth the scoundrel training?
  • Options
    jaradofwindcrestjaradofwindcrest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd say it is close enough to be left to personal preference. I went Human and ended with 20 Dex, 20 Int, 18 Str. At-wills being a large part of the build, I don't regret having Scoundrel Training instead of 2 Str and 1% Crit. Neither decision makes or breaks the build imo.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a wood elf just because I went with that at creation for aesthetic reasons. He's fine. Go with whatever you want.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    @todesfaelle

LOL!

imba rsi there, with that rsi u can drop either the 20% stealth feat or skulker. 6 sec inv x2 = 12 sec so thats the shadow strike cd, just need to gloaming cut a few times to prolong stealth for bns or have itc up again. id say get urself a swash for pve for the dps and even more recovery, and keep skulker for pvp for the added stealth duration so u have to rely less on getting close with gloaming.

I have to try that kind of rsi with the master duelist set, sounds so ridiculous. U could even drop all stealth bonuses and focus on dps feats as u can can get 8 slyflourish hits every 4 secs ( so thats 2 secs off all cds). so in 5 secs of steath and 5 secs of itc u can shave off 4 secs of cds... so 5+5+4 = 14 cds which is just ur itc cd... meaning u can rotate between stealth and invulnerabilty very safely without any fliquering in between.

Ximae, a guildie of mine is currently testing the same thing and. He has 20 INT, full Master Duelist, but the enchants aren't completed yet but dang I'm liking what I heard from him. It's similar to your tests, it sounds real great. I can't wait to farm my own set one of these days and head on to the preview server to see how it performs for a TR with 30% RSI. Should be pretty fun since this path hasn't been explored yet. I mean an INT-type Scoundrel, who would have know it's possible to build it like that.

Anyway, if you're testing in the Preview Server sometime maybe me and some guildies should join you. We are mainly a group of TR's now who like testing stuff.

Keep us posted, man!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kitaitris wrote: »
    this thread makes me want to try out the tr but i cant choose between wood elf or human!!!! :P

wood elf allows to get the 20 dex 20 str 20 int stats with +1% crit racial
    human would get something like....19str 20 dex 19 int but with 3 more heroic feat points for scoundrel training.......( ignore the other racial passive, i think wood elf wins on that one....)

so simple question..... is that 1 int, 1 str and 1% crit worth the scoundrel training?

Hi, Kitaitris! Welcome to the thread. :) If I were to min/max I'd definitely roll a Human. 9% extra damage for At-Wills is too good to pass on. But, I rolled a Wood Elf solely for one reason. Same with Beckylunatic, I mainly used Wood Elf simply because they look so dang gorgeous. It doesn't make much of a difference about which race you choose. You can even use a Dwarf, if you so please. But the important thing is getting 5/5 in Improved Cunning Sneak, Sneaky Stabber, a full Skulker/Scavenger Set, and 3/3 to Gloaming Cut. Those are the main requirements for this build to work. INT isn't much of a requirement as well since the original build can attain the needed RSI to maintain stealth like the new build can with the use of Ioun Stones.

The original build is a whole lot flexible, while the new build has more room for error. So if you want to try something different, you are welcome to do so as long as you get those prerequisites that pretty much defines this build in its entirety. The build is mainly to have fun as a solo TR while still being able to hold your ground as an Executioner if the party needs you to be one.

Also...
    I'd say it is close enough to be left to personal preference. I went Human and ended with 20 Dex, 20 Int, 18 Str. At-wills being a large part of the build, I don't regret having Scoundrel Training instead of 2 Str and 1% Crit. Neither decision makes or breaks the build imo.
    I have a wood elf just because I went with that at creation for aesthetic reasons. He's fine. Go with whatever you want.

Quoted for truth. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Gear_zps1df937ae.png
    ^Gear

powers_zps0799c99e.png
    ^Powers

KC5_zps15d934fe.png
    ^Feat

Stats_zpsb431b5cd.png
    ^Augmented PVE Stats & PVP NonAugmented Stats

PVE: I use the Stone of Might upgraded to lvl 25 with regen, recovery, power, and crit gear on it. I mainly use Shadow Strike, Bait&Switch, and Path of Blades as encounters to stay invisible when fighting. Dailies are Shocking Execution and Bloodbath. The at-wills I generally stay with are Gloaming Cut or Duelist fury and COS. It takes more timing and skill to be constantly stealthed without the gear that gives extra stealth.

PVP: I change my powers depending on what class or gear level I am facing. I usually start off with the encounters smoke bomb, path of blades, and impact shot. Path of blades is low continuous damage when it is active and leaves me open to attack or defend. I switch to dazing strike, lashing blade, and impact shot if I plan on taking out single targets or heavy geared opponents. It all depends on what I am facing in PVP. I am actually surprised how effective the powers smoke bomb and path of blades seem to be when I play as a team member instead solo killing. Smoke bomb stuns the opponents for my team members and path of blades weakens the opponents for my team members. Dailies used are Shocking Execution and Lurker's Assault. The at-wills I generally stay with are Gloaming Cut or Duelist fury and COS. Impact shot compensates for the nerf done to COS. I only use the permastealth powers if I want to annoy the other team. More players should change their powers depending on what they are facing PVP.

GEAR: I use a mix of the master assassin set and the sinister shade set. That is 450 bonus to power and 450 bonus to crit. I also use the ancient daggers set to add another 450 bonus to crit. My enchantments are also setup to add to power/crit as well. I may switch some out to decrease power a bit and raise armor penetration. In PVE I use an augment companion to boost my stats. Took awhile running the dungeons to get the gear.

Enchantments: Plague Fire (not lesser) Weapon enchantment and Lesser Briartwine Armor Enchantment with Rank 7 enchantments mixed in as well. The Savage Rank 7 or Rank 8 enchants are good because they boost two stats by at least 100 points each.

Result: Beast in PVE and Beast in PVP. I mainly have difficulty with sentinel GWFs and heavily skilled/geared GFs. Keeping the GFs stunned with smoke bomb and having path of blades helps kill them. I have received Crits up to 10k and 15k+ with non Crit attacks up to 9k by using just Gloaming Cut.

Goal: To make a TR that is heavily survivable in PVE and PVP. I think I achieved the goal. Thank you for making this thread because it helped me achieve my goal.

Enjoy!

Oh wow, nice. I love your writeup, man. This deserves a spot in the contributor's corner for sure. Thanks for taking the time to write this up, Kingculex! I'll link this post of yours on the guide.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for all the replies so far :D decided to go human for the 3 feats, started with 16 dex 15 str and 13 int to end with 20 19 19 and now i'm lvl 20 and working at it :P Now my question is about the companion. right now i'm using the cleric and shes...... good but irritating :P having her heals and equiped with extra defense and regen gives a nice alternate decoy but i dun like it when she triggers 360 aoes of bosses/elites which i need to get out of too. so i have quite a bit of ad saved up from my previous DC and i'm wondering which augment pet to get? i got a stone of allure for the DC and i'm wondering if its a good choice for TR or should i get the cat or the stone of might? and should i get it now or later?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Sometimes you're better off without a non-augment companion. Augments are the way for us at the level cap. I used Cleric up until I got Shadow Strike, but hen I got Shadow Strike I just stopped using the Cleric and waited until I got an Ioun Stone. I'm currently using an Ioun Stone of Allure and I'll be posting some screenies later so people can see how I set mine up. If possible I would probably use an Ioun Stone of Might, but it's too costly to level it to blue ranking. For gear, here's what I currently have equipped and I'm currently sitting at 10,998 GS.

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Lorne Fellbane@todesfaelle)/charactersheet

I'm now shooting for the Fabled Iliyanbruen daggers and equip them with Rank 8 Silvery Enchantments to make the build a little more viable for PVP, and slot it with a Normal Bilethorn Enchantment. But of course I never really was much of a PVP-er. I probably don't have the sense for it lol. I'm planning to slot my Skulker Dagger with a Normal Plague Fire for group utility against bosses since TR's are mainly focused on the boss. GPF is too costly for me but the regular should prove to be good enough when paired with another guy with Terror.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    hmmm i see, guess i'll get an allure after i get this cleric to lvl 15 (dun wanna spend that extra 500k ad):P thanks for the quick reply :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    No problem, Kitaitris. If you are in need of further assistance, me and the other people who use the build should be able to assist you promptly so feel free to post here whenever you feel like it. If you discover anything on the way, don't hesitate to tell us. :) New information are always welcome.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sometimes you're better off without a non-augment companion. Augments are the way for us at the level cap. I used Cleric up until I got Shadow Strike, but hen I got Shadow Strike I just stopped using the Cleric and waited until I got an Ioun Stone. I'm currently using an Ioun Stone of Allure and I'll be posting some screenies later so people can see how I set mine up. If possible I would probably use an Ioun Stone of Might, but it's too costly to level it to blue ranking.

Don't forget the nasty glitch with gloaming cut and stealth if a TR has a regular companion. The stealth replenish gloaming cut gives apparently does not happen sometimes if the Tr has a regular companion. The only reason I upgrade to stone of might to 25 was to use epic rings on my main character and two old blue "Seals of the Executioner" rings on my augment companion. The old blue "Seals of the Executioner" rings had offensive slots and gave +478 regen. Using the two rings on my augment gave me +956 regen to increase survivability in PVE without sacrificing other stuff. It is unfortunate the devs reworked the blue "Seals of the Executioner" rings to give +478 Critical Strike.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just as a counterpoint, I chose the cat because I like cats. I haven't even bothered to slot something over the training runestones in him, or put any enchantments in the cat's gear, because I'm not entirely sure right now which stats I most want to boost, and it's not negatively impacting PvE viability doing Feywild content or soloing non-epic dungeons.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just as a counterpoint, I chose the cat because I like cats. I haven't even bothered to slot something over the training runestones in him, or put any enchantments in the cat's gear, because I'm not entirely sure right now which stats I most want to boost, and it's not negatively impacting PvE viability doing Feywild content or soloing non-epic dungeons.

You are correct that is will not negatively impact PVE viability and it will even help a bit because the cat provides your TR with its base stats. I understand you picked the cat because you like cats and it is ok. I just suggest people should plan out fully what they plan to do with an augment companion, research the companion, and then purchase the companion so they will be happy with the results. Adding different runestones and better gear to an augment companion will only increase the benefit your TR will receive from the augment companion. An augment companion will never negatively effect the PVE viability of your TR.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    skeleton202skeleton202 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2013
    1. is this build totally on defend first than attack? coz i find it weird coz there's no point spend on cunning ambusher, end assault, scoundle train or str disciple

2. how ur main source of damage coming from? isit from critical , raw damage + stealth ?

3. isit worth 2 or 3 point are taken from twilight adept and spend on cunning ambusher or str disciple ?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    1. is this build totally on defend first than attack? coz i find it weird coz there's no point spend on cunning ambusher, end assault, scoundle train or str disciple

2. how ur main source of damage coming from? isit from critical , raw damage + stealth ?

3. isit worth 2 or 3 point are taken from twilight adept and spend on cunning ambusher or str disciple ?

Not sure what you meant exactly by these questions but I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my capabilities.

1. Nope. This build is specced for PVE. PVP tends to be a struggle for us. If you wish to check out a stealthy PVP build try x3lade's build. It's a proven and tested permastealth build. We don't really need to spend points on Cunning Ambusher, Endless Assault, but for humans who use this build, Scoundrel Training + Disciple of Strength can be good for the extra 3 points they get for heroic feats.

2. Main source of damage comes from at-wills. Our encounters support and prolong our stealth. We can get high crits and I myself have reached 50% crit chance recently. More details soon! Sorry if it's taking too long.

3. Twilight Adept is necessary for prolonging stealth and refilling it but you can forgo it if you wish to get a more DPS centric build. But it will have significant impacts towards your survival IMO.

If by any chance I missed any of your questions just tell me. We'd be more than happy to assist you.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

1. Nope. This build is specced for PVE. PVP tends to be a struggle for us. If you wish to check out a stealthy PVP build try x3lade's build. It's a proven and tested permastealth build.

This is an observation on x3lade's build. It uses Greater Tenebrous enchantment that are 4M diamonds in the AH. The Greater Tenebrous has a chance of converting 3% of a player's health to Necrotic damage when a player strikes an opponent. This means if a player looses health the Tenebrous does less damage and more players are learning how to detect a stealthed rogue.

X3lade's build is a very good build but in my opinion it is much more expensive than your build and the returns of it are diminished if the rogue gets injured. It is even more expensive than the hybrid I made of your build in my opinion.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah. Tenebrous enchants really aren't for everyone, most especially now that Nightmare Lockboxes are out of stock. And I agree that a lot of people have now adapted to playing against TR's in stealth, which is a good thing in my opinion. It can be hard when you're up against 3 people at once in one node, and you're alone trying to stave them off for your team only to realize that they're having trouble killing one Sentinel GWF in node 2 while a TR is back-capping your own base.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah. Tenebrous enchants really aren't for everyone, most especially now that Nightmare Lockboxes are out of stock. And I agree that a lot of people have now adapted to playing against TR's in stealth, which is a good thing in my opinion. It can be hard when you're up against 3 people at once in one node, and you're alone trying to stave them off for your team only to realize that they're having trouble killing one Sentinel GWF in node 2 while a TR is back-capping your own base.

That actually sounds fun because it is a challenge. I usually die, change powers, and come back stealthed to reek havoc. I have been using smoke bomb, path of blades, and impact shot more than ever because I am shocked how good they are working. Nightmare Lockboxes out of stock............hides his guild's stash of 300.

• Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Ximae, a guildie of mine is currently testing the same thing and. He has 20 INT, full Master Duelist, but the enchants aren't completed yet but dang I'm liking what I heard from him. It's similar to your tests, it sounds real great. I can't wait to farm my own set one of these days and head on to the preview server to see how it performs for a TR with 30% RSI. Should be pretty fun since this path hasn't been explored yet. I mean an INT-type Scoundrel, who would have know it's possible to build it like that.

Anyway, if you're testing in the Preview Server sometime maybe me and some guildies should join you. We are mainly a group of TR's now who like testing stuff.

Keep us posted, man!

duelist set is awsome man u should really try to get a hold of it and do some tests. As i should roll another tr and make him int based to try out with that rsi.

Its pretty **** neat for pvp too as my atwills are sly and cos, both fast shooters, so i basically rotate stealth and itc and play a bit like a tank. stealth -> empty cos stacks -> itc go melee with sly -> roll back and shadow strike and start over. also getting better lashing or impact cooldowns and im just at around 14-15 rsi..... pretty funny to tank and kill the fighters in melee too.

I should record some videos and upload them so u can see.

btw no i dont hit the preview shard, dont even know how to, if u show me the way i might give it a go.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    That actually sounds fun because it is a challenge. I usually die, change powers, and come back stealthed to reek havoc. I have been using smoke bomb, path of blades, and impact shot more than ever because I am shocked how good they are working. Nightmare Lockboxes out of stock............hides his guild's stash of 300.

Oh I just saw this. I usually change powers in the middle of a fight while in stealth. One of the best luxuries stealth can give. The fun thing about Path of the Blades is that slotting Tenacious Concealment almost completely disregards the stealth loss we get from getting hit by PoB. But PoB still hurts, though, specially when the one using it has Bilethorn.
    ximae wrote: »
    duelist set is awsome man u should really try to get a hold of it and do some tests. As i should roll another tr and make him int based to try out with that rsi.

Its pretty **** neat for pvp too as my atwills are sly and cos, both fast shooters, so i basically rotate stealth and itc and play a bit like a tank. stealth -> empty cos stacks -> itc go melee with sly -> roll back and shadow strike and start over. also getting better lashing or impact cooldowns and im just at around 14-15 rsi..... pretty funny to tank and kill the fighters in melee too.

I should record some videos and upload them so u can see.

btw no i dont hit the preview shard, dont even know how to, if u show me the way i might give it a go.

Start here, bro. The directions are also there and it's fairly easy to use the preview shard. Best part is the free respec so we can test all the stuff we want sans race/class changes. It's awesome.

And yeah, biggest perk I can think of for a build like this would be near-perma ITC. Paired with Fey Thistle, we can reflect some damage in the process as well. Sadly the 400 damage reflected by Fey Thistle seems to be reduced by defense. A guildie of mine who dropped almost 500k AD's for Ilefarn Relics has tested it. Hopefully this isn't intended and can be changed in the future. It would be disappointing if the capstone boon we worked hard for was something as silly as 200 - 300 damage per deflect.

I've been thinking of the following build for the scoundrel I'm going to test once I get my set.

At-Wills: Fastest At-Wills a TR has. Their damage is increased by 10% via Mocking Knave.
    - Sly Flourish: Deals a total damage output of +40% once feated. Fast, and very reliable for reducing CD's using Master Duelist.
    - Cloud of Steel: 8 charges, enough to reduce 2 seconds after blowing the whole stack. But this one hits harder than usual thanks to it being feated with Mocking Knave (+2.5% damage per stack).

Encounters: ITC + 2 of the lowest CD encounters of a TR to maximize Action Rush.
    - Impossible to Catch: The main feature of this build is its ability to make ITC an integral and reliable part of it. We're aiming for maximized ITC uptime, as being able to deflect all incoming damage for 5 seconds with a deflection severity of +75% is just the type of tankiness rogues have been needing for quite some time. We've got rogues that nuke, rogues who play utility, but never have we seen a rogue tank before.
    - Dazing Strike: A daze skill that assists us in disabling our foes when ITC is down. It reduces the opponent's defenses by -10% once feated.
    - Smoke Bomb (PVP): When ITC is down, this one is up and we keep attacking.
    - Wicked Reminder (PVE): A spammy skill that has a 4 second cool down. Can be taken down to 3 seconds with 25% RSI. This skill right here makes Action Rush even more accessible. It also reduces our opponents defenses so it's a good combo in conjunction with Dazing Strike's -10% to defenses.

Class Features: Most of our CF's are useless, but these 2 are awesome for this build.
    - Skillful Infiltrator: +15% Movement Speed, +3% Crit and Deflect.
    - Tactics: +15% AP Gain. Makes our dailies more accessible and should stack with Action Rush.

Dailies: Dailies to maximize survival and group utility.
    - Lurker's Assault: 10 seconds of unlimited stealth. The only time when we are able to abuse the stealth effects of our encounters.
    - Courage Breaker: -90% Movement Speed and Damage to opponents. Awesome for bosses and PVP opponents!

Paragon Feats:
    - Underhanded Tactics: +20% Combat Advantage damage.
    - Nimble Blade: 35% chance to deal 20% extra damage to non-crit strikes.
    - Press the Advantage: +10% Power whenever ITC is active. Good way to further boost our damage output.
    - Mocking Knave: +10% damage to Cloud of Steel and Sly Flourish, our main At-Wills.
    - Catspaw Style: Dazing Strike reduces the opponent's defense by -10%.
    - Action Rush: 15% chance to grant 15% of our AP bar whenever we use encounters. WM can be a 3~ sec spam encounter.
    - Whirlwind Sneak Attack: For 10 seconds after we go out of stealth, the first damage encounter we use deals 15% more damage. Good in conjunction with Shadow Strike! Maybe high crit crit scoundrels

I decided to forgo Dazzling Blades because a 5% chance to reduce the CD of our encounters by 1 isn't a factor we can effectively rely on in my opinion. It helps, sometimes. But not all the time as compared to the other feats we can choose from Scoundrel. All 6 5/5's come from Scoundrel too.

I think it's also safe to say that we won't be going for Soulforged as our BiS armor enchant for this build, but rather Perfect Negation or even Barkshield. I'm so stoked to test.
  • Options
    ch41nsm0k3rch41nsm0k3r Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey! Sorry guys. I've been particularly busy as of late due to real life and been spending my free time in the game to catch up. :( But the good news is that the draft is on the works at this moment. Not sure when I'll be able to finalize it since RL activities has been so taxing lately. What I can provide you guys is the screenie of my character sheet to give you guys a preview of what to expect.

1185871_667096496635663_893410700_n.jpg

So these are the finalized stats. All offense slots contain Rank 7 Silvery Enchants and would work better with higher-tiered silvers. The goal for Recharge Speed Increase is 25% for PVP. With at least 1.8k we get 15% RSI, with INT we get an added 10%. The Berserker Gear gives +133 to ArPen and Critical, and +110 to Recovery. I could have went for the epic rings that gave +154 to all 3 stats but unfortunately it has a defense slot.

I'll be explaining in detail about the reasoning behind the allocation of the current stats. Basically I was trying to create a balance between PVP and PVE. Get at least the right amount of ArPen and crit chance, and for PVE we'll have access to the Ioun Stone which further completes the stats we need to have in PVE such as added Critical Chance, 5% more recovery for 30% RSI (14 Second ITC, 12~ second Shadow Strike), Power and a tiny bit more ArPen to take it to 24%.

I'll explain the rest in the guide itself! Nothing has changed in terms of the encounters, class features, at-wills, dailies, and feats.

I was trying to get the 20 Str 20 Dex and 20 Int stats at 60. What starting stats did you use as I can't seen to hit those numbers on a wood elf.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You can also use Sun/Moon Elves, btw. As long as you get +2 to DEX/INT. I started with 15 STR, 15 DEX, 13 CHA, 12 INT. 11 CON, 10 WIS.

Add the +2's and we get...

STR: 15 (+5) = 20
    DEX: 17 (+3) = 20
    CHA: 13 (+2) = 15
    INT: 14 (+6) = 20
    CON: 11 (+2) = 13
    WIS: 10 (+2) = 12
  • Options
    ch41nsm0k3rch41nsm0k3r Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can also use Sun/Moon Elves, btw. As long as you get +2 to DEX/INT. I started with 15 STR, 15 DEX, 13 CHA, 12 INT. 11 CON, 10 WIS.

Add the +2's and we get...

STR: 15 (+5) = 20
    DEX: 17 (+3) = 20
    CHA: 13 (+2) = 15
    INT: 14 (+6) = 20
    CON: 11 (+2) = 13
    WIS: 10 (+2) = 12

Gotcha thanks! forgot that you could pump 2 stats +4 :P
    Thanks again for the quick reply
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    No problem, man. I hope you enjoy the build! If there are any further questions, we should be able to find answers for you. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I just started my new TR with the starting stats as mentioned above 5 hours ago, and it's way easier to lvl than Blade's build. I'm more of a carebear who likes to PvP so your build suits me more.

I suppose with this build I will be bale to sorta perma once i get gloom and the 5/5 in Sneaky Stabber?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well, just to set your expectations, this build may be a bit harder to use than x3lade's particularly because of our main at-will being Gloaming Cut. But yes, to answer your question you can attain a prolonged period of stealth as long as you have enemies around you. But being a build that needs to get close in order to get kills, it will require a whole lot of practice to get yourself to competitive levels. One thing I can tell you for sure is Gloaming Cut will be a challenge to control in PVP. And you will sometimes find opponents you really can't beat no matter what such as well-geared Sentinel GWF's and cookie cutter executioners that is specced for one shots. One mistake against these rogues and it's back to the graveyard, so this build requires some careful playing technique for PVP. But against GF's, DC's, and CW's, you shouldn't find much trouble against them. Permaprone GF's can be troublesome, however. You live depending on how fast you can pull out ITC or dodge against their prone encounters. But they can be burned down nonetheless with Duelist's Flurry.

Gloaming Cut hits very hard, about as hard as a non-crit Lashing Blade when it crits and even harder when your opponent's HP starts dropping. This can be made even better with enchants like Plague Fire for a rounder damage output, and Vorpal for a good increase in raw DPS.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Oh I just saw this. I usually change powers in the middle of a fight while in stealth. One of the best luxuries stealth can give. The fun thing about Path of the Blades is that slotting Tenacious Concealment almost completely disregards the stealth loss we get from getting hit by PoB. But PoB still hurts, though, specially when the one using it has Bilethorn.

Start here, bro. The directions are also there and it's fairly easy to use the preview shard. Best part is the free respec so we can test all the stuff we want sans race/class changes. It's awesome.

And yeah, biggest perk I can think of for a build like this would be near-perma ITC. Paired with Fey Thistle, we can reflect some damage in the process as well. Sadly the 400 damage reflected by Fey Thistle seems to be reduced by defense. A guildie of mine who dropped almost 500k AD's for Ilefarn Relics has tested it. Hopefully this isn't intended and can be changed in the future. It would be disappointing if the capstone boon we worked hard for was something as silly as 200 - 300 damage per deflect.

I've been thinking of the following build for the scoundrel I'm going to test once I get my set.

At-Wills: Fastest At-Wills a TR has. Their damage is increased by 10% via Mocking Knave.
    - Sly Flourish: Deals a total damage output of +40% once feated. Fast, and very reliable for reducing CD's using Master Duelist.
    - Cloud of Steel: 8 charges, enough to reduce 2 seconds after blowing the whole stack. But this one hits harder than usual thanks to it being feated with Mocking Knave (+2.5% damage per stack).

Encounters: ITC + 2 of the lowest CD encounters of a TR to maximize Action Rush.
    - Impossible to Catch: The main feature of this build is its ability to make ITC an integral and reliable part of it. We're aiming for maximized ITC uptime, as being able to deflect all incoming damage for 5 seconds with a deflection severity of +75% is just the type of tankiness rogues have been needing for quite some time. We've got rogues that nuke, rogues who play utility, but never have we seen a rogue tank before.
    - Dazing Strike: A daze skill that assists us in disabling our foes when ITC is down. It reduces the opponent's defenses by -10% once feated.
    - Smoke Bomb (PVP): When ITC is down, this one is up and we keep attacking.
    - Wicked Reminder (PVE): A spammy skill that has a 4 second cool down. Can be taken down to 3 seconds with 25% RSI. This skill right here makes Action Rush even more accessible. It also reduces our opponents defenses so it's a good combo in conjunction with Dazing Strike's -10% to defenses.

Class Features: Most of our CF's are useless, but these 2 are awesome for this build.
    - Skillful Infiltrator: +15% Movement Speed, +3% Crit and Deflect.
    - Tactics: +15% AP Gain. Makes our dailies more accessible and should stack with Action Rush.

Dailies: Dailies to maximize survival and group utility.
    - Lurker's Assault: 10 seconds of unlimited stealth. The only time when we are able to abuse the stealth effects of our encounters.
    - Courage Breaker: -90% Movement Speed and Damage to opponents. Awesome for bosses and PVP opponents!

Paragon Feats:
    - Underhanded Tactics: +20% Combat Advantage damage.
    - Nimble Blade: 35% chance to deal 20% extra damage to non-crit strikes.
    - Press the Advantage: +10% Power whenever ITC is active. Good way to further boost our damage output.
    - Mocking Knave: +10% damage to Cloud of Steel and Sly Flourish, our main At-Wills.
    - Catspaw Style: Dazing Strike reduces the opponent's defense by -10%.
    - Action Rush: 15% chance to grant 15% of our AP bar whenever we use encounters. WM can be a 3~ sec spam encounter.
    - Whirlwind Sneak Attack: For 10 seconds after we go out of stealth, the first damage encounter we use deals 15% more damage. Good in conjunction with Shadow Strike! Maybe high crit crit scoundrels

I decided to forgo Dazzling Blades because a 5% chance to reduce the CD of our encounters by 1 isn't a factor we can effectively rely on in my opinion. It helps, sometimes. But not all the time as compared to the other feats we can choose from Scoundrel. All 6 5/5's come from Scoundrel too.

I think it's also safe to say that we won't be going for Soulforged as our BiS armor enchant for this build, but rather Perfect Negation or even Barkshield. I'm so stoked to test.

thx for the link man!

ill try to look into preview shard when ive got a little bit more time.

yeah that scoundrel path really looks interesting, very well though out and the dps output should be pretty good with all that daily uptime too.

going dazzling doesnt sound too apealing as u say but maybe saboteurs 20% ap gain could be a good addition.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    No prob and I hope we can find a properly working (and fun) scoundrel build that others will be able to use. Variety is always good.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Good news everyone.

The stealthed bug is being fixed and hopefully it will be in a week or two. Panderus a game producers has the programmers working on it.

I will say this since I added my hybrid build to this thread. Tower of Celadine is too easy or my build is very survivable. Stealth bugged bugged 1/2 way through where the two cyclops guard the teleporter going up and I finished Tower of Celadine without stealth or dying once. I used LB, path of blades, impact shot, gloaming cut, COS, and bloodbath in the last fight. Thanks todesfaelle for your build I used to make my hybrid.

• Options
    marc5ivermarc5iver Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Somewhere in this 54 page thread I thought I saw a list of dungeons that can and/or cannot be soloed using stealth since some of the bosses could still see us. I cannot seem to find it. Could someone add that list again?