test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Alternative Gloaming Cut Stealth Build

Ability Scores: You'll want the exact following stats at creation, and the following stat allocations up until level 60.
    • STR: 15 +5 (10% Stamina Regeneration, 10% Damage Increase, 10% DoT Resist)
    • DEX: 17 +3 (10% Critical, 10% AoE Resist, 5% Deflect)
    • CON: 11 +2 (6% Max HP)
    • INT: 14 + 6 (10% Recharge Speed Increase)
    • WIS: 10 +2 (N/A)
    • CHA: 13 +2 (+5% Deflect, +5% Combat Advantage, +5% Companion Stat Bonus)

So at level 60, we'll have 20 STR, 20 DEX, 13 CON, 20 INT, 12 WIS, 15 CHA. If you have an Ioun Stone, you can also forgo a bit of points on INT and allocate them in other ability scores. But every bit of INT helps.

Race: Wood/Sun/Moon Elf, Humans, or Tieflings. I chose the Wood Elf for the added +2 to INT and DEX. I could have also chosen Sun/Moon Elves but they weren't there back then when I made this TR. Rolling a Human with +2 to INT would give you the ability to put points in Disciple of Strength or Scoundrel Training. Both are really good 3/3 Point Feats. Similarly, Sun and Moon Elves get +2 to INT and DEX, and they also have a nice 10% CC resistance. Tieflings with +2 to INT is also a viable choice. And they look really cool too.

Here is ur answer what u should have on the start and which race is recommended by todesfaelle in his latest build...hope it helps ya
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi muhac thanks for reply,
    so I've read the exact ability scores required, but I've a TR half-orc already at 60, and I would like to know if there is a possibility to fit his actual ability scores to the alternative build... I've start this TR in june 2013, and ofc he can't match exactly what required...
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Well, I don't think that anything is required. The build just plays in a specific way, so you'd better adapt in the gamestyle rather than seeking for the optimal feat distribution.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    carletto75 wrote: »
    Hi muhac thanks for reply,
    so I've read the exact ability scores required, but I've a TR half-orc already at 60, and I would like to know if there is a possibility to fit his actual ability scores to the alternative build... I've start this TR in june 2013, and ofc he can't match exactly what required...

Yea like hidahayabusa said its just mini/max and if you put the stats as stated above then you don't have add that much Recovery into your items to be able to reduce the cooldown of the encounters to a minimum which is mostly needed to sustain permastealth, so it leaves you space to slot some other enchants into the free slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Indeed. And also, if you don't achieve perma stealth you can time your defenses and attacks as such, as to achieve almost perma stealth and control the battle (go aggressive, go defensive, buy time, run away etc). Of course I am speaking from a PvP point of view, so I guess that if the question comes from a PvE context, I wouldn't have the slightest idea.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yes exactly; I'm talking about PvE context and perma-stealth rotation
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Perma-stealthing in PvE means that you will be needing to maximise your Combat advantage bonus and use abilities that won't get you out of stealth. I would suggest Duelist Flurry/Gloaming Cut for your main spam at will, Shadow Strike before stealth is over and Gloaming cut to get it back (spec for it in the first tree).

When you feel like doing more damage, go Lashing blade and start mini-kite until the bar is filled up. PvE=static targets which is much easier.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why choosing bloodbath instead of whirlwind of blades? Both work for several enemies, but I've heard whirlwind does much more damage than bloodbath. Is there a reason?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    lucidrigo321lucidrigo321 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bloodbath works as a defensive daily at same time that do some damage once you can not be targeted during the execution.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Aaah, thanks a lot.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ANother question, I heard that the next patch will screw perma stealth for TR's but I don't see how,
    do you guys have any ideas on how will this build be affected by it?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh, that. They probably mean this Artifact right here.

HBfQhdV.png

The question still remains. Will artifacts be available for PVP? That we're currently not sure of. But if yes, it shouldn't be something to worry about. For most TR's who rely on Stealth for the hit and run aspect, it'll hurt them much more than us. Our stealth lasts more than 6 seconds. We can outlast this and the debuff should be easy to keep track of.

I also apologize since I'm currently not able to post as much and provide answers. So thanks to all the guys who have been answering questions! I appreciate them.

I've been working on a new build as of late in preparation for the coming module. It's an immortal GF build for PVE that can solo instances probably better than this one. Fun stuff. I'll keep you guys posted once I got it polished.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ah so it just against other players, I thought it would affect PVE aswell.
    I don't care much about pvp, it's fun to play a match here and there but not my main interest. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    sigregsigreg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited November 2013
    Hello :)

My Tr based on this (original) build just hit his lvl 60. I must say Leveling was quite fun, but also sometimes challenging, for sure it does need some "tactical" instinct to plan in advance when and where exactly you can have your "out of stealth" break during combat, and what to do to realise such plan till your CD of your powers to stealth up again. Anyway i must say it was most fun leveling up from all my current toons, and probably this one will stay as my favorite :) Its not master of dmg or "blinkeye" executioner, but in PVE its survivality is just epic. Im highly focused on PVE and didnt had even single PVP match, so in my case im calm im not ruin anybody's pvp match.
    But here i do have one problem, i would try to "solo" epic dungeon, at start easiest one - CT, like creator of this topic did. But.. i have no idea how to join epic dungen solo. Google and search on this forum actually gave me nothing, could anyone tell me how i can do that ?
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    From my understanding for the Epic Dungeons you cannot Que for them solo. What you have to do is get a group to Que with you. Then have them drop out once you are inside. If there is a loophole around that I do not know of it, and would be all ears.
  • Options
    mpower777mpower777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I too would like to know how others are soloing an epic level dungeon without the server adding another 4 people to your party. I had my party drop me off in an epic dungeon last night, I went into options, then preferences and made sure it was set for closed group and turned off auto-teaming but the server started adding players to my group. I've also tried it right clicking my portrait, clicking request mode and and then trying to set it to deny attempts to join my party (after i was alone) but received an error message. I've heard that the computer won't add any more people once I either get to or kill the 1st boss, but I'm not going to constantly kick others from the party until I get there as it isn't fair to others who just want to queue for a dungeon. Thanks for any ideas you may have.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I also apologize since I'm currently not able to post as much and provide answers. So thanks to all the guys who have been answering questions! I appreciate them.

Have been gathering so many videos of the build I am testing with Plague fire that I want to share, but the upload time is just crazy. Also I wasn't able to contact you in game, but I will do today, if you are on.

I have an issue with Lashing Blade though. It seems that my 460ms ping time isn't helping so much in this position based encounter. Many times, I hear the noise and see the big dagger graphic on my target...half a second or so goes by and then I see no damage at all. No 'Dodged' message, no 'Immune' message and the opponent just sits there in full health. It's so common that I am thinking of completely replacing the skill for something else. I've noticed this in targets that are just moving around...I am convinced that this is happening 100% because of server lag from my side (my side sees the opponent in range for lashing blade, but when I use it the target has moved and although the sound+graphic goes on, the opponent has moved and the server gets confused)

Any one else has this type of behavior on such skills?
  • Options
    lauravpflauravpf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Best boons feats for this build?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It really depends on your gear. If you are in an OK level Power-wise, and you'll reach 20% in Def with a 250 bonus go for Def. Then if you are happy with your crit and you are under 30% deflect, go Deflect.

Personally I find 700 hp better than 2% AP for PvP, but the opposite is true for PvE. Then 400 damage per 60sec, and obviously the stamina regeneration.
  • Options
    zoraiiyazoraiiya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As a new player working on this build (alternate), what is the best thing I could buy with 1mil AD? Convert to Zen and get the stone, or is there something else that would benefit me more on my journey to 60 (or beyond)?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I personally would buy an Ioun Stone. It's an investment that would go a long way! Specially since it's easy to gear it out while leveling with good items. The extra stats you get from it will make the leveling process of 1 - 44 a whole lot more easier. 45 is when the build start to open up. I hope you enjoy the build as much as we do. :)

And Hida, I just saw your post. Feel free to send me a PM or FR in the game whenever you're free!
  • Options
    naonilionaonilio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello.

I use the original Stealth build of the begenning of the post.

Many thanks for all the informations !!

2 questions :

Is there modifications I have to do on the build (haven't read all the 66 pages) ?
    I never go solo in dungeons. What are the most simple dungeons to begin, and can I found some videos on youtube to help me (run, tricks in dungeons etc..) ? (T1 and T2)

Thx
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I want to ask about Lurker Assault.

I might be wrong but I noticed after Lurker is over and the stealth diminished it refills instantly. Idk its a bug or wai I dont care.
    If I am correct what is the point using Invisible Infiltrator? (during boss fights)
  • Options
    gillypudgillypud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Greetings and well met to todesfaelle and all the contributors here. Just wanted to say thank you for publishing your stealth build, it's given my TR a new lease on life. Previously I had not been following any specific build and was having some difficulty holding my own. Lurking here for a while (60+ pages is a lot to read) and a respec and now I'm really enjoying playing my TR. Tried to follow the original build on the first page as close as I could. I initially rolled a Wood Elf Str 13 Con 10 Dex 20 Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 13 (old array?), final stats at level 60 are Str 19 Con 12 Dex 24 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 17 (These are from Gateway, numbers in game seem to be one higher). Numbers there are a bit off from the build but I didn't feel like rolling a new toon. Just acquired my Battlefield Skulker armor set, now working on getting Fomorian Blade Daggers from Malabog.
    This is truly an epic build (if you like the play style) and so useful in PvE as an "insurance". Countless times I've solo'd Cleric of Asmodeus in Fardelver's Crypt when the rest of the party wiped, anywhere between 1/3 to 2/3 HP remaining, and once when 2 party members left, solo'd the boss from start to finish while the other party members waited by the door.
    Thanks again to todesfaelle and all the contributors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Apologies for the really late reply, guys. I hope you all can read this.
    naonilio wrote: »
    Hello.

I use the original Stealth build of the begenning of the post.

Many thanks for all the informations !!

2 questions :

Is there modifications I have to do on the build (haven't read all the 66 pages) ?
    I never go solo in dungeons. What are the most simple dungeons to begin, and can I found some videos on youtube to help me (run, tricks in dungeons etc..) ? (T1 and T2)

Thx

Hi. I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly but I'll try to answer anyway.

For the build, there are no real modifications needed aside from having the Skulker Set, Improved Cunning Sneak 5/5, Sneaky Stabber 5/5 and Gloaming Cut on 3/3. That's basically the core of this build. Players using this build are free to explore other possibilities with this build. This build is pretty flexible.

If you don't go solo in dungeons that's fine too. The best perk we can give our parties is that we can act as an insurance as we can solo bosses. Most parties will choose to wipe when only 1 guy is left standing in the boss room. But as long as you're that guy, you don't have to wipe since you can just solo the boss even though it'll take a bit of time.
    kozi001 wrote: »
    I want to ask about Lurker Assault.

I might be wrong but I noticed after Lurker is over and the stealth diminished it refills instantly. Idk its a bug or wai I dont care.
    If I am correct what is the point using Invisible Infiltrator? (during boss fights)

Hi, Kozi! Not sure if I understood your question correctly but here it goes. There's a bug with Lurker's Assault right now. Not sure about the specifics but what happens is LA prematurely ends even without 10 seconds passing for some unknown reason. The best use for Invisible Infiltrator in boss fights is that it stacks with LA's +25% damage boost. Invis Infil gives +15%. With this and LA, you get a total of 40% damage boost which is pretty significant. It'll give your DF a nice damage boost.
    gillypud wrote: »
    Greetings and well met to todesfaelle and all the contributors here. Just wanted to say thank you for publishing your stealth build, it's given my TR a new lease on life. Previously I had not been following any specific build and was having some difficulty holding my own. Lurking here for a while (60+ pages is a lot to read) and a respec and now I'm really enjoying playing my TR. Tried to follow the original build on the first page as close as I could. I initially rolled a Wood Elf Str 13 Con 10 Dex 20 Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 13 (old array?), final stats at level 60 are Str 19 Con 12 Dex 24 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 17 (These are from Gateway, numbers in game seem to be one higher). Numbers there are a bit off from the build but I didn't feel like rolling a new toon. Just acquired my Battlefield Skulker armor set, now working on getting Fomorian Blade Daggers from Malabog.
    This is truly an epic build (if you like the play style) and so useful in PvE as an "insurance". Countless times I've solo'd Cleric of Asmodeus in Fardelver's Crypt when the rest of the party wiped, anywhere between 1/3 to 2/3 HP remaining, and once when 2 party members left, solo'd the boss from start to finish while the other party members waited by the door.
    Thanks again to todesfaelle and all the contributors.

Hi, Gillypud! I'm glad to hear you're having fun using this build. Keep up the good work and feel free to post some more of your experiences in our thread, as you're part of the family now. Good luck with your Fomorian Blades! Been trying to work on my set as well for quite some time now.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thx for the answer.

Can I ask how the build works in certain boss fights where you just cant use stealth because you have to do some pulling and no gf around?

I am thinking about FH last boss Hrimnir.
    TR is pulling away Hrimnir and his red zones so the 2cw/dc can operate safely. GF cant help the tr.

If I go stealth Hrimnir can turn away and the red zones can hurt team mates. I have no problem with this fight but sometimes I must go with inexperienced mates or Pugs so it can be a problem.

I just changed b&w/itc for for lashing blade/dazing strike use stealth rarely and get it done.
  • Options
    omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi everyone i just wanted to ask you todesfaelle if you could post your Charactersheet on Gateway since i wanted to see what items you are currently using since i respeced into Stealth atm so would like some insight if it is ok. Anyway tnx for the great guide :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    omuhao wrote: »
    Hi everyone i just wanted to ask you todesfaelle if you could post your Charactersheet on Gateway since i wanted to see what items you are currently using since i respeced into Stealth atm so would like some insight if it is ok. Anyway tnx for the great guide :D

+1 for this request
  • Options
    gillypudgillypud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    carletto75 wrote: »
    +1 for this request

Are the recommended gear on page 1 not updated? I've essentially been following that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I haven't updated Banelorne Fellbanner in the longest time now. So what you see on the first page is what he's still wearing, unfortunately. However you may also refer to this character sheet of mine for the alternative build if it's just the gear.

I'm planning to update the gear for the first build as soon as I finish collecting the gear I need for another solo build I'm testing for the GF, which incorporates its new Paragon Path for the upcoming Module 2. This new GF build I'm creating is, in theory, another build that should also be able to solo dungeons, very high survivability even in solo, and will still be able to provide valuable support in party play without any need for a cleric to back him up. I stalled the completion of my supposed Immortal GWF build for this build because it may be more of a PVE game changer if I theorized this build right.