test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev's, It's time to fix the game-breaking High Vizier 4-set bug!

Comments

• Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Extremely lame. HV stacking is the only thing that makes the game events have the desired length for me, and gives my char a sense of power, also making it desirable for pugs. If it's going to be repetition and farming, at least it should be fast.

I'm sure smart people will find something else though. This game is not good enough to be enjoyed at intended length, it needs to be shortened up a bit.

I've already collected the SW set for when the bad times come - that's it if I decide the game is still worth my time.

With new and better content though, I'd have nothing against long dungeons - but only if they are rewarding enough.

PS: Sudden Storm and Storm Pillar have nothing to do with HV stacking.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey all, we're aware of this issue and working on a solution! Thank you!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think stacks should be limited to 3 per CW.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They are limited to 3 per cw. They just coded it bad and limited it to 3 per entity. Summoning a shard is a new entity which adds his 3 stacks then ceases to exist. Oppressive force summons 2 entities, the first adds his 3 stacks then ceases to exist, the 2nd entity is the explosion which adds 1 more stack. The cw himself does nothing other than refreshing the debuffs duration with his own control powers while waiting for cooldown on shard/ap gain for oppressive force so he can summon new, unique entities that can add their stacks to the boss.
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What is the spec that causes this to stack like this, because I have yet to see it stack more than 3-4.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    jeepin wrote: »
    What is the spec that causes this to stack like this, because I have yet to see it stack more than 3-4.

its not the spec but the abilitys used and rotating them to keep the stacks up and adding more
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I think stacks should be limited to 3 per CW.

That is how it is supossed to work, and originaly it was intended to only proc from 'control' abilitys of which most bosses are immune, thats why at present it is making such a big difference to dungeon runs.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    That is how it is supossed to work, and originaly it was intended to only proc from 'control' abilitys of which most bosses are immune, thats why at present it is making such a big difference to dungeon runs.

Bosses are also immune to chill, but the the devs clearly want the "stacking despite immunity". Yes HV will be "nerfed", I am just saying that at least make it like other stack-able debuffs, in that multiple players can build stacks to a fixed maximum. I propose that the max be some multiple of 3, greater than 3. Maybe 9, representing three CW's worth.

Just my opinion though, many others feel that it IS processing correctly, and they are technically right, just like GWF sentinels can technically "abuse" unstoppable in pvp :p, and I can "abuse" my teleport with severe reaction. I don't think the high HV stacking is an exploit. There is no armor set description that mentions a limit.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't think the high HV stacking is an exploit. There is no armor set description that mentions a limit.

Exactly, it's not an exploit. No where does it say a limit or 3 control powers = stacks of 3 each. As long as cw's use control powers it should reduce the mob or boss def as intended. If it wasn't it would say a limit in the description.
    I personally haven't seen it stack up to 60. In a group of 3 cw's I barely see it reach 10, so this whole thread is useless.
    They'll probably limit it to 3 stacks and put it in description because of stupid crybaby kids that don't wanna kill a boss too fast. lol;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Exactly, it's not an exploit. No where does it say a limit or 3 control powers = stacks of 3 each. As long as cw's use control powers it should reduce the mob or boss def as intended. If it wasn't it would say a limit in the description.
    I personally haven't seen it stack up to 60. In a group of 3 cw's I barely see it reach 10, so this whole thread is useless.
    They'll probably limit it to 3 stacks and put it in description because of stupid crybaby kids that don't wanna kill a boss too fast. lol;)

The CWs you group with have no idea what they're doing if you saw just 10 stacks. Even with 2 CWs 20-30 stacks on bosses are common.

This being said, I as a CW don't want this mechanic "fixed". Don't touch it. I enjoy fast runs and melting stuff, and I enjoy being top DPS in charts, even if doesn't mean a thing in the end. It compensates for how squishy and vulnerable my char is in PvP. Not to mention I worked my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for this set. It's a T2 set, best in game, it should be good and efficient and create a sense of power for the owner.

So leave it alone :)
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Those CWs are not in sync at all. We run CN and GG T2 all the time with 3 HV CWs. 60+ stacks is normal for Draco. 30+ stacks is easy on Dwarf King, but he keeps swapping in and out of his armor, so you can't build much past that.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    a solo CW should be hitting at least 10 stacks on his own within the first 5 seconds of combat. 3x CW = 30 stacks basically instantly. any more than that and it requires you to actually maintain/refresh the debuff intentionally, but if you aren't getting 10 stacks solo right off the bat you are using the wrong powers. I don't mean the wrong powers for a HV wizard, I mean you are playing the class wrong no matter what gear set you are using.

idk, maybe your cw's are still stuck in the "I use singularity and shield and that's what i'm supposed to be using" mindset from pre-feywild, before the multiple repeated ledge nerfs and shield nerf and AOE as the norm dungeon design/redesign, etc. Basically if shield and sing are your go to powers, you are wrong. Singularity should be on your bar for Dracolich fight and uh...a few places in spider during trash clearing. I honestly can't think of another dungeon where you'd even use it.
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I cannot wait for this fix
  • Options
    rash43rash43 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    The CWs you group with have no idea what they're doing if you saw just 10 stacks. Even with 2 CWs 20-30 stacks on bosses are common.

This being said, I as a CW don't want this mechanic "fixed". Don't touch it. I enjoy fast runs and melting stuff, and I enjoy being top DPS in charts, even if doesn't mean a thing in the end. It compensates for how squishy and vulnerable my char is in PvP. Not to mention I worked my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for this set. It's a T2 set, best in game, it should be good and efficient and create a sense of power for the owner.

So leave it alone :)

definitely not easymoding.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »
    I cannot wait for this fix
    this fix will kill 5cw and 4cw 1dc groups

long live 1tr 3cw 1dc groups
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all, we're aware of this issue and working on a solution! Thank you!

how long have the devs know about this issue for I know a lot people reported this long ago in game
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    To be quite honest, I don't understand why some of you guys push so hard for this. I mean, the TRs I run dungeons with love HV, they do some mouthwatering crits. Our GF loves us HV CWs as well, he's quite tired of kiting adds for 20 mins, when it can be done in 3. The DCs love the set too. GWFs, love it again.

Basically everybody wins, shorter runs, higher damage, everything faster and more efficient.

Also in our group we rarely run 3 CWs, we like diversity. If this is an attempt to create more diversity in groups because of newly decreased CW efficiency, I suspect it will have quite the opposite effect, and I'm not alone in this. There are lots of adds to be CCed, if our class loses efficiency, people will simply be forced to bring more. It's not out fault, it's how dungeons are designed in this game.
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    To be quite honest, I don't understand why some of you guys push so hard for this. I mean, the TRs I run dungeons with love HV, they do some mouthwatering crits. Our GF loves us HV CWs as well, he's quite tired of kiting adds for 20 mins, when it can be done in 3. The DCs love the set too. GWFs, love it again.

Basically everybody wins, shorter runs, higher damage, everything faster and more efficient.

Also in our group we rarely run 3 CWs, we like diversity. If this is an attempt to create more diversity in groups because of newly decreased CW efficiency, I suspect it will have quite the opposite effect, and I'm not alone in this. There are lots of adds to be CCed, if our class loses efficiency, people will simply be forced to bring more. It's not out fault, it's how dungeons are designed in this game.

all most every pug has 3+ cw becase this bug so hard for others to get groups when there doing dubble others dps becase of buff from each other

when I want to play my cw who's 60 and has hv I can not as people expect you to use bug and not all us want to use bugs

this is why I can not wait for the change
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    all most every pug has 3+ cw becase this bug so hard for others to get groups when there doing dubble others dps becase of buff from each other

when I want to play my cw who's 60 and has hv I can not as people expect you to use bug and not all us want to use bugs

this is why I can not wait for the change

Hey Chance :)

You mean you won't use Shard and Oppressive Force on your CW? HV or not, these are among our best spells. A CW with HV doesn't do anything special to "bug" things, he just tries to add stacks and maintain them - this just happens as we do our best rotation, we can't avoid it. I did this every MC run we had, without even thinking I exploit something. I did for the whole party to have increased damage output and faster kills.

Not using these spells would he hugely detrimental to any CW, HV or not. I know it very good, I ran 2-3 weeks after the module hit with dated shield setup because I wanted more data before respec, and I saw other CWs having much better damage with shard and OF.

Also, if you read the CW forums, you will see every guide recommends HV. Not to put 70 stacks on Draco, but because it's the one and only good CW set, PvE or PvP, others being underpowered and situational. I cannot imagine why you did get the set for your CW if you don't want to use the 4 piece bonus, because we have no idea which is the original developer intent. What we know is that they intend to change the way it works now, that's all.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont see the point of this thread.

Even if you nerf HV I would rather go to do CN with 3 cws or at least 2 because the vast cc+singu+shards plus the way easier end fight against red wizards. Oh and the 2nd boss as well.

I guess poping this one in pvp section rather implies that someone cant kill cws efficiently in pvp matches...
    I really doubt that he's skills will improve after any kind of nerf.
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I want a bug to one of my powers that lets me stack my High Prophet debuff more than three times.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    I dont see the point of this thread.

Even if you nerf HV I would rather go to do CN with 3 cws or at least 2 because the vast cc+singu+shards plus the way easier end fight against red wizards. Oh and the 2nd boss as well.

I guess poping this one in pvp section rather implies that someone cant kill cws efficiently in pvp matches...
    I really doubt that he's skills will improve after any kind of nerf.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Such a fix won't help more diverse party composition.

However, this is also a Combat and Gameplay subforum, besides PvP ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh I got another obvious solution!

If you are unable to develop your skills to kill cws in pvp then start a gwf or tr character and play with it. They are always a nemesis to cws.

Or start a cw itself. They are really fun to play and you won't have problem with HV.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh I got another obvious solution!

If you are unable to develop your skills to kill cws in pvp then start a gwf or tr character and play with it. They are always a nemesis to cws.

Or start a cw itself. They are really fun to play and you won't have problem with HV.

People are complaining about PvE, not PvP. I don't know any PvP team that stacks 3 HV CWs that all go OF in succession on the other guys, but it would be lulzy to see :)

So the complaints are basically because HV supposedly kills diversity and adds more PvE usefulness to an already insanely useful class, that CCS, dishes out best damage and debuffs as well. Complainers are mostly CWs without the set (yet), GFs and GWFs that cannot find CN parties because 4 spots are already gone in the normal comps and usually a TR is the 5th, although I had some amazing runs with GWFs instead.

Problem is most people will still not bring GFs in CN and still run 3 CWs, because you need to make short work of the nasty adds, and no class does it better than the CW.

My suggestion for complainers is that they actually go ask for BUFFS for their class so they can be more useful in PvE, instead of asking for a HV nerf.

I said it before, and saying it again: the TRs, GWFs and DCs I run CN with all would hate an incoming nerf. Nobody will profit from it. Even you GFs profit from our stacks in other dungeons such as MC and T2s all the time. You want to be kiting adds for 20 mins instead of 5?

Be my guests.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    People are complaining about PvE, not PvP. I don't know any PvP team that stacks 3 HV CWs that all go OF in succession on the other guys, but it would be lulzy to see :)

So the complaints are basically because HV supposedly kills diversity and adds more PvE usefulness to an already insanely useful class, that CCS, dishes out best damage and debuffs as well. Complainers are mostly CWs without the set (yet), GFs and GWFs that cannot find CN parties because 4 spots are already gone in the normal comps and usually a TR is the 5th, although I had some amazing runs with GWFs instead.

Problem is most people will still not bring GFs in CN and still run 3 CWs, because you need to make short work of the nasty adds, and no class does it better than the CW.

My suggestion for complainers is that they actually go ask for BUFFS for their class so they can be more useful in PvE, instead of asking for a HV nerf.

I said it before, and saying it again: the TRs, GWFs and DCs I run CN with all would hate an incoming nerf. Nobody will profit from it. Even you GFs profit from our stacks in other dungeons such as MC and T2s all the time. You want to be kiting adds for 20 mins instead of 5?

Be my guests.

It doesn't matter that all burn enemies faster to dead. Or that any class don't get party. It's a gamebreaking debuffbug and that needs to fix. 3+ of the base damage done is stupid high. It's like the exploits of push/lure Bossmobs to dead or you terrain impossible attackplaces for them. Yeah all the player benefit from this, but this isn't intended by gamedesign. Why you think that debuffs normally don't stack as high as HV does? Because it would show to big damage with that. And nope. I don't think any buffs of any classes can break the CW-dominance itself. Not without breaking PvP. So they need to get down one of the three parts: Debuffs(not the HV, that's only a fix not nerf), CC or damage. I would say damage, then they still dominate the mobs, but the GWF do their damage and the GF help to crowd them and get primary/secondary hitcover.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I couldn't agree more. Probably only the GFs has some false joy about it. All other classes with appreciate the minus 20 minutes (or more) of this dungeon to finish.
    I see GWFs (with probably tenebrous) to use there instead of TRs.

The CW complainers are all silly because they have no problem at all. Just farm HV for a few days and put down your another set and wait for his time again. They shouldn't put away the nice HV because of some ancient SW set nostalgia or something like that...

Btw I always play an rpg with wizard.(nwn1-2,bg1-2,iwd1-2,da1-2) Really fun to play from the background and see the battle as a whole.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    put that GF some better knock instead...
  • Options
    r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    put that GF some better knock instead...

So when u get knocked u Can't do anything but die right, Guys u need to learn DD, and if u havent played a CW then U really don't know what it takes to control ADDs.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    r3ds0now wrote: »
    So when u get knocked u Can't do anything but die right, Guys u need to learn DD, and if u havent played a CW then U really don't know what it takes to control ADDs.

Some dungeon has CW preference, some dungeon has TR some others.

Do you hear me crying over the total TR dominance in FH when making a group? No.
    But that was annoying as well.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Only exploiters will complain about A BUG FIX... i never had problems entering any group, i have circa 200 draco kills, and that, stopping doing CN like 2 months ago due to being tired of it, the metagame right now is unhealthy, as i said, is not only the HV set, right now, in PvE, CWs are stupidly dominating, so, a nerf is coming, you like it or not, and will be good for the game, Arcane singularity needs to be either cut in half in effectiveness or you AP generation should be cut in half, so i'd rather get the skill, not the AP generation, HV stacking goes without saying, is a bug and will be fixed, but is not the main problem, right now CWs are best CC and BEST DPS, doubles on AoE any other toon and goes toe on toe on single target DPS to rogues.

Yeah, CN farmers/exploiters will be sad, big deal, but the rest of the comunty will have it better and more balanced, also GWFs need a boost, i agree, for example removing the 5 targets limit on their AoE, GFs & TRs are almost perfect right now, and DCs must get removed their righterousness, that way, the game will be a lot healthier.