test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev's, It's time to fix the game-breaking High Vizier 4-set bug!

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    The armor itself states that it stacks a max of 3 times. So even if that's per wizard a max of 9 stacks would be WAI, how can you say 70 stacks is WAI when armor clearly states differently lol?

Again I don't really care about this as I don't see it as game breaking, you shave off ~10 minutes from a dungeon run from this, maybe 20 max, but they will get around to fixing it after the big server merge.

"Stacks up to three times" can be speaking of defense stacks for the CW. I've never been able to capture more than 1350 Def from my HV set regardless of how many stacks I put on an enemy. Since Cryptic is notorious for very poorly communicating the abilities of power and items, it can be seen as broken or not.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    "Stacks up to three times" can be speaking of defense stacks for the CW. I've never been able to capture more than 1350 Def from my HV set regardless of how many stacks I put on an enemy. Since Cryptic is notorious for very poorly communicating the abilities of power and items, it can be seen as broken or not.

Ok what other armor set gives you the ability to make the entire party hit for 20k at wills lol. They nerfed stalwart for being 1/1000th as strong as this. You are kidding yourself to say WAI and you know it lol =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You are kidding yourself to say WAI and you know it lol =P

I guess we'll never know what the Devs originally intended. It's just a mystery. :cool:
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Ok what other armor set gives you the ability to make the entire party hit for 20k at wills lol. They nerfed stalwart for being 1/1000th as strong as this. You are kidding yourself to say WAI and you know it lol =P

^^ exactly, its broken , no argument
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    It can't be working as intended, if over 70 stacks you reach the damagecap(CHEATALERT AS CODING). It's reported as broken and i hope it get fixed really soon. Especially to break the CW-Class dominance in PvE. It's stupid that 2+ Player in a group are CWs. That NEED to be nerfed.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Again, hv nerf will not change the aoe meta, you will still use 3 cw in groups to speed up trash clearing, which is 90% of the time spent in dungeons. The hv nerf will only make boss fights take longer. The only impact hv nerf will have is on fh last boss speed runs(assuming it is not fixed), as extra cws are used there solely for hv. The other dungeon where the majority of trash can be skipped, cn, has a last boss mechanic (draco) which ideally requires 2 cw minimum.

So yeah, hv nerf will have minimal impact on 3cw groups
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    baddumtss wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is "naming and shaming" but it's a public video so here is some proof: http://www.twitch.tv/duquedeluxe/b/466496469
    Skip to 52:00 for example to see what 68 stacks can do. Don't tell me this is WAI. :)

thank you! finally. something to look at.

so this begs the question: can one CW do this? two? perhaps the problem lies in the stacking of multiple CWs with the same gear doing the same debuffs? i can see this construed as being OP pve-wise but what if you were to run CN with all clerics or all TRs? GWFs? with appropriate debuffing gear and feats?

i dare not make the assumption that the HV set is OP for a single CW. i have not run CN with this set up or with four CWs and a DC. but i trust that if this is not WAI, cryptic will adjust accordingly.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013

stalwart was also a T1 set. :eek:
  • Options
    rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just for a good laugh and to watch everyone cry blood, i would like to see them restrict a single class to every party slot.
    As in 1 full party of 5 must comprimise of every class. Tr,GF,CW,GWF and DC.
    We would drown in the tears!
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited October 2013
    Who would of thought the forum would be the best place to find out which players you don't bring to a dungeon with you especially if you know something :)

As for people looking for players with this set, they do so because you kill enemies faster with this set. Think about it. Non-brute types enemies die quickly from only 3 stacks, and brute type enemies die faster from anything above 3 which lessen the chance for wipes etc while progressing through the dungeon. Would you rather play with a 11k+ CW that is using a two piece or a 11k+ using a full set w/bonuses? I would rather play with someone that has a bonus that would lessen the chance of them being a liability. Now this also helps on the boss and 3 stacks is sufficient enough to kill the boss quickly when you are doing 20k+ damage on certain skills. For example Val's pet spider is getting hit for 40k+ damage on just 10 stacks w/ other debuffs. Now with draco you need higher stacks to finish him off quicker.

Quicker! This does not have the impact on the economy that you think it does. Rather, what is having an impact on the economy is that more of a certain product is being produce because it is so easy to produce said product. In this case the product is finishing Castle Never. Don't forget CW's had a 1 shot bug back then and this did not affect the price of CN drops because some people simply did not know about the bug. However, when the knowledge of the bug became public, the prices of CN drops soared. So what is really affecting the economy is a greater production in successful CN runs, the knowledge and know how to complete these runs more efficiently. These two things are then networked to a greater audience which furthers a price drop on the commodity that your production is trying sell.

The opposite of what is happening now, happens when Guild members only run with one another and keep a high value knowledge to themselves.

As for fixing the HV set, it's simple, limit the buff and debuff to 3 stacks, however, knowing Cryptic they might do their own thing.

One last thing, unless Cryptic decides to defecate on the Control Wizard class/provide a better replacement for the 3 CW, Tr/GWF, DC CN runs then it will remain as such because it works.

Btw, someone was complaining about the GWF's being un-killable in pvp, hopefully if they do nerf, it doesn't kill out the few GWF runners.

I've also seen 3cw, GF (runner), DC but more rare and GF,GWF (GF and GWF run),2CW,DC.
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    thank you! finally. something to look at.

so this begs the question: can one CW do this? two? perhaps the problem lies in the stacking of multiple CWs with the same gear doing the same debuffs? i can see this construed as being OP pve-wise but what if you were to run CN with all clerics or all TRs? GWFs? with appropriate debuffing gear and feats?

i dare not make the assumption that the HV set is OP for a single CW. i have not run CN with this set up or with four CWs and a DC. but i trust that if this is not WAI, cryptic will adjust accordingly.

It does not stack with more CW's in group, if you notice and listen to the twitch video, 2 CW's are doing the 'normal' sings and bumps while 1 is solely keeping the the stacks running on the boss,while also knocking red wizards over to the sings. if you listen too, he stops at around 60 to 66 stacks and keeps them around that lvl. Class buffs do not stack by having more of the same class in the group, thats is how they are intended to work, if some are stacking it is cos they are broken too.

so yes to your question 1 CW is clearly doing this on Draco , on his own, and the problem lies in the Broken High Vizir set and nothing else
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It does not stack with more CW's in group, if you notice and listen to the twitch video, 2 CW's are doing the 'normal' sings and bumps while 1 is solely keeping the the stacks running on the boss,while also knocking red wizards over to the sings. if you listen too, he stops at around 60 to 66 stacks and keeps them around that lvl. Class buffs do not stack by having more of the same class in the group, thats is how they are intended to work, if some are stacking it is cos they are broken too.

so yes to your question 1 CW is clearly doing this on Draco , on his own, and the problem lies in the Broken High Vizir set and nothing else

you clearly don't know what you are talking about and only referencing a twitch video and what you have worked out from watching it and then trying to speak as an authority on the subject matter at hand. Basically everything you said is quite wrong.
  • Options
    revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited October 2013

/fail .
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We just ran cn and I had hv set but didn't see any stacks on him so you must have a bug or something. Draco is one of the easiest bosses in the game so using a def bug is kinda useless.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I agree, HV stack limit should be 3, also i noticed it dotn stack properly when 1 wizard use it with control powers,seems bugged, but on bosses there are needed 3 cw with hv to increase and dont let hv stack drop, with 3 cw with hv yeah bosses die in seconds.

Previous set with unlimited stacks - shadowweaver could stack very high resulting in giving whole team 300%+ crt severity, they nerfed it to max of 3 stacks.
  • Options
    daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    HV is still the best set only stacking to 3.
    CW will still monopolize dungeon slots.

The only thing will change is runs will slow down. But they'll still be faster than bringing gwf/gf and extra TRs along.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    this is not how debuffs work. For all intents and purposes mobs defense score is irrelevant and/or effectively 0 to begin with as long as your ArP defense ignored > their Damage Resist, which in PVE is 24% max anyway (most mobs are 0%, followed by 7%, 15%, or 22%, btw).

debuffs do not reduce defense. not to 0, not to negative, not to anything. they do not reduce anything. they are damage buffs to anyone attacking the mob with the debuff.

On average each defense debuff is ~4% damage buff (some are more, some are less, depending on the coding of the debuff) but lets just go with 4% dmg buff per cus it's easier:

Perfect Terror
    Greater Plague Fire X3 (when it gets fixed)
    High Prophet X3
    Wicked Reminder x5
    Divine Glow
    Prophecy of Doom
    CoI (thaum CW)
    Elemental Empowerment (Thaum CW)
    Ray of Enfeeblement x2 (tab)
    student of the sword X3(Sent GWF)
    Staying Power (destroyer GWF)
    Tide of Iron (20% damage buff)
    Overwhelming Impact (Protector GF)
    Mark (Tab GF 8% damage buff) stack 2 or more times if you have 2 or more GF

I added some information on this list.
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Why is this in the pvp section?

Nerf it then but not because you are unable to kill a cw in duel...

whats the name of this forum? oh yeah its not the pvp forum its the Gameplay, Combat And PVP Discussion im pretty sure this falls under gameplay and combat
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    daswooly wrote: »
    HV is still the best set only stacking to 3.
    CW will still monopolize dungeon slots.

The only thing will change is runs will slow down. But they'll still be faster than bringing gwf/gf and extra TRs along.

Exactly, everyone saying that fixing this bug will make people not want to take 2-3 CW's is kidding themselves. This merely makes the already fastest team comp even faster.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The best way to make other class more desired during dungeon runs is to nerf shard of endless avalanche and sudden storm damage and reduce the target limit of singularity to 5. Needing someone to hold mobs while the CW is busy doing control (and not bumps) should be enough. Of course there will still be ignorants playing with 3 Cws or more but they will be in trouble, so who cares?
  • Options
    aurorusborealusaurorusborealus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Everyone knows that Shard of the Endless Avalanche and probably Storm Pillar as well is causing HV to stack to ridiculous levels and multiplying damage to ridiculous levels, and I mean everyone. That is why every wizard is suddenly using this ability, which no one was using a month ago, and everyone is lfg for cws with HV set. Yet another reason why every group is a tr (to skip mobs) 3 cws and a dc. First it was all the broken terrain and boss glitches which required ranging bosses from broken terrain that made cws op in pve. Then it was the shield-pop action point point generation bug that made CWs hopelessly op in pve. Then it was the infinite damage stack thaumaturge build that made CWs ridiculously op in pve. Now it is the Shard HV idiocy that makes CWs OP in pve. When does it end? Seems it never will. Looking at my guild roster, and I am one of the leaders, I notice that nearly everyone quits the game except the CWs, largely because after a while, after one glitched CW mechanic or another, they all realize that their toons are useless unless they can stealth and skip ahead to campfires, use a broken CW mechanic, or heal CWs. Neverwinter is dead if the devs do not fix this. Players will probably come back, as many people really love the game and the action, except the entire content right now and for most of the last 3 months has been dominated by 1 class. Everyone knows that this is true... everyone.
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ^ Truth.......
  • Options
    joe7272joe7272 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    Im a wizard and i Agreed! They need to FiX HV-set,

Simple reasons: it makes all other T2 sets "Useless!
    easy Boss kill by higher stacks on CN MC for example!

This HV-Set are (going) extremely expensive! cuz the Max stacks Bug just look on AH-

so they going to kill the last working cw set, what are we left with then?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oppressive force not storm pillar, but yeah
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    baddumtss wrote: »
    High Vizier 4 Pieces: Your control powers steal 450 Defense from the target and increasing yours by the same amount. Normally this should stack up to 3 times resulting in -1350 defense on the enemy and +1350 damage to the group.

But it doesn't stack up to 3 times, I have seen it stack up to 60 times! I've seen groups literally melt bosses, CN can be completed under 15 minutes and Draco dies in 3 minutes... That's because of the 20k magic missles and 500k lashing blades. :rolleyes:

So 60 stacks is 450*60= -27000 defense and +27000 damage.

It should be max 3 stacks, no matter how many CW's are in the group,so TR's and fighters will be needed more in groups.
    Because right now normal meta is 3 CW's, DC, TR or 4 CW's, 1 DC. I even saw a group of 5 CW's once.. because you don't need a healer if everything gets one-shotted anyway. :)

are you the type of person that try out a feat in your skilltree and find out it does too much damage to your liking?

OMG! this weapon does too much dmg! i need to report this!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oppressive force not storm pillar, but yeah

And sudden storm.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    joe7272 wrote: »
    are you the type of person that try out a feat in your skilltree and find out it does too much damage, then respec your feats so that you stay withing a border of what your character dmg output is negotiable with yourself so that you dont clear dungeons too fast?

who are these people anyway that complain about gaining dmg, yet they are the ones drooling over perfect enchanants, spending 100k+ on 12 extra stats on ancients over grand jewelery just to increase their gs for show.

i dont fkn get these people. what game are you playing man??

People who try out all to cheat anything/other is awful. If something is buggy it need to addressed.
    If you only have fun to cheat the game, then you are a sad person. Doing more as twice your base damage isn't normal. Especially when the stacks of HV went into the damageoutput-anticheatcode.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    People who try out all to cheat anything/other is awful. If something is buggy it need to addressed.
    If you only have fun to cheat the game, then you are a sad person. Doing more as twice your base damage isn't normal. Especially when the stacks of HV went into the damageoutput-anticheatcode.

sylvia grow up my friend, this is a video game.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited October 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The best way to make other class more desired during dungeon runs is to nerf shard of endless avalanche and sudden storm damage and reduce the target limit of singularity to 5. Needing someone to hold mobs while the CW is busy doing control (and not bumps) should be enough. Of course there will still be ignorants playing with 3 Cws or more but they will be in trouble, so who cares?

The pot calling the kettle black.

Smart players realize that having a GWF on the team is useless because they are offtank/dps but can't do either efficiently vs another CW.
    Having a GF is only necessary if the dungeon requires kiting or the rare few that require tanking. A tr/GWF can replace the GF for tanking and a DC can replace the GF for kiting.
    Having a TR is only useful for dps/bosses or running.
    So how can one be ignorant for refusing to have a team composed of uselessness?

So the solution is to be ignorant and limit arcane singularity so someone else can hold the mob, when at the moment this extra step is not needed. Wait let me get this right, create a problem so an unnecessary solution can be implemented, how redundant.
    hypothetically speaking a smart person, I think would suggest these changes for Come and Get It: increasing its range and duration to 7 sec. Mark targets that are hit with punishing charge and increase the threat generated by the GWF. Fix savage advance so it works in the same manner as the description. Generate more threat from not so fast.

Basically buff the other uselessness except TR and DC.