test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev's, It's time to fix the game-breaking High Vizier 4-set bug!

baddumtssbaddumtss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
High Vizier 4 Pieces: Your control powers steal 450 Defense from the target and increasing yours by the same amount. Normally this should stack up to 3 times resulting in -1350 defense on the enemy and +1350 damage to the group.

But it doesn't stack up to 3 times, I have seen it stack up to 60 times! I've seen groups literally melt bosses, CN can be completed under 15 minutes and Draco dies in 3 minutes... That's because of the 20k magic missles and 500k lashing blades. :rolleyes:

So 60 stacks is 450*60= -27000 defense and +27000 damage.

It should be max 3 stacks, no matter how many CW's are in the group,so TR's and fighters will be needed more in groups.
Because right now normal meta is 3 CW's, DC, TR or 4 CW's, 1 DC. I even saw a group of 5 CW's once.. because you don't need a healer if everything gets one-shotted anyway. :)
Post edited by baddumtss on

Comments

• Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited October 2013
    you should post this on bug section, they will fix this. lol.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    CW aren't needed because of the hv (although it does help a lot for bosses). With the sheer mount of adds in CN and with bosses in general, CW are the only ones to efficiently do a CN run with a TR/GF and DC. So even with a HV nerf, which I guess it will, a 2/3 CW team is still probably going to be preferable.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A hv fix and arcane singularity nerf (maybe cap at 5 mobs, like the GWF aoe) would make the metagame more healthy and fix a lot of things, and i agree is much needed, but will awake a lot of rage again, even when everybody agrees on it.
  • Options
    jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    A hv fix and arcane singularity nerf (maybe cap at 5 mobs, like the GWF aoe) would make the metagame more healthy and fix a lot of things, and i agree is much needed, but will awake a lot of rage again, even when everybody agrees on it.

Yea. ok. lets take out the only way to beat draco. limit on sing? wow. first ive heard of that. I remember when I stopped using sing even in MC. Melee DPS were all pissed saying I wasn't playing CW right cus I wasn't using sing. no control. really though. there is control without sing but that's another topic. I can understand not needing sing to run the dungeon itself. With DPS CW's no need to toss anymore. takes longer but possible without toss and would give GF and GWF more of a role. but draco. with the amount of adds. explain how its possible to kill without sing suckin them all up. would still be able to sing 5 at a time. would take longer. but CWs would die from other adds that sing aggros and doesn't suck. = fail imo. I agree HV is OP at moment. All you see is people wanting only CWs in HV. very annoying. I don't ask other classes to wear specific armor that buffs the team, why should they ask. once again another topic. I can see them 'fixing' the summoned entities that cause the stacking but HV itself is working as it should. no where on the tooltip btw does it say max 3 stacks on the def debuff. this is something it appears people that don't have the set made up.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    arcane singularity nerf (maybe cap at 5 mobs, like the GWF aoe)

Are you crazy? If the cap is nerfed to 1/3 of what it is now, people will be MORE inclined to bring as many CW as possible into a dungeon with a large amount of mobs.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How do you know it's a bug? Please post dev reference it is supposed to stack 3 times only.

"Fighters" (i.e. GFs) still won' have a place in CN. GFs can't jump...
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The OP is absolutely right about High Vizier, this need to be fixed ASAP. Its breaking the game coz people are doing CN/T2/MC VERY fast which will eventually break the economy.... In beholder we are already see the items value at AH drop a lot eswpecially CN weapons.

This is the kind of bugs cryptic should focus as soon they show up coz it will mess with economy which will mess with a lot of people goals.

FIX IT
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No, you're wrong midnight, people will opt on killing mobs, GWFs will then be an asset and not a 5th weel, and i believe draco is doable with good CWs if the sing is capped at 5, but will be harder (as it TOTALLY should be, only the top end players should be able to farm CN) 2 CWs would be still the most popular choice for CN, but GFs will be needed too to handle the agro from the mobs till they're pushed, i like the combo of DPS CW and CC CW in my groups, mobs melt and is ok, but the metagame right now is sickening, all groups on T2 and CN/MC are multi HV CW... and yeah, 3 minutes draco kills are common, 5 minutes if the group takes GF, ive done 150k+ crit on my GF!!! and people on 3 CW do 500k lashing blades!!! is stupidly broken, but even without stacks, with shadow weaver sets, 2 and 3 CWs will be the norm as long as singularity is reigning, if double Astral Shield defined the game during open beta till it was nerfed, Singularity has dominated the field since, and even now, when some high end wizs are using oppresive, the singus are predominant and make all the dungeons the ssame.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And persephone... i can get to anywhere in CN FASTER than any other toon, in fact, i get to xivros way before any rogue, cw or anything, anyway, im hoping for that shortcut to be fixed too, and the return to instance/request gm help abort ones too, CN is the REAL ENDGAME for now, should be hard, should be long, should be for the people who really is prepared to take 90 minutes minim, i ve made total LEGIT cn runs in 80m, so there is no reason to leave it the way it is now!
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    uhm... i have the high vizier set and it doesn't stack 60 times. if that was true, i'd be invincible and i most certainly am not. if you can show some kind of screenshot that proves this, it would definitely be helpful.

also, if a control wizard cannot "control" mobs, then you might as well rename the class. nerfing arcane singularity is ridiculous. it is a slow pulling crowd-control DAILY.

*edit: also, provide some examples of what dailys, at-wills, encounter combinations cause the high vizer's set proc 60 times.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    From my understanding HV is not broken. It's WAI.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    uhm... i have the high vizier set and it doesn't stack 60 times. if that was true, i'd be invincible and i most certainly am not. if you can show some kind of screenshot that proves this, it would definitely be helpful.

also, if a control wizard cannot "control" mobs, then you might as well rename the class. nerfing arcane singularity is ridiculous. it is a slow pulling crowd-control DAILY.

*edit: also, provide some examples of what dailys, at-wills, encounter combinations cause the high vizer's set proc 60 times.

It doesn't stack the def onto yourself. just removes def from enemy. Shard adds stack. Opp force adds 4 stacks. other encounters only add stacks initially.. ie - chill strike on mastery adds 3 stacks but then no more stacks past initial 3. repel refreshes stacks and adds 1 if used initially. there is another thread about stacking HV. the enemy debuff. not the buff. you have to keep refreshing stacks to keep them going. this is also outlined in another thread. search for - hv stacking .. read up... it can stack up to an infinite amount. but after 72 stacks, the enemy no longer takes damage. so you must let it fall off at that time and start stackin again.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    apparently you guys don't know how to do it then cause I just had my first CN run since last patch yesterday and it was quite hilarious =P

Didn't even bother bumping trash cause they died so fast, granted we still had to bump the draco adds until they stopped respawning but then the boss went down less than 2 mins later. If dropping bosses in 1/4 the time (or less) as before is WAI that's fine with me, as my CW is my main heh.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    here's my experience along with my screenshots.

my defense is 1647 and when i apply any control encounter, it bumps up to 2097... which is +450. when i apply a daily, it doesn't proc. it doesn't do what the OP says it does for my defense even if i do a combination of those encounters... all of which have a timer. so i'm not sure how this would accumulate to 60 stacks.

as for the claim that this stacks on removing defense from the enemy, perhaps you're referring to the high vizier set combined with a plague fire enchantment which lowers your defense by a % and stacks three times.

as to how you can see the defense of an NPC, i do not know.

Attachment not found.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do not fix it, keep it the way it is please.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im a wizard and i Agreed! They need to FiX HV-set,

Simple reasons: it makes all other T2 sets "Useless!
    easy Boss kill by higher stacks on CN MC for example!

This HV-Set are (going) extremely expensive! cuz the Max stacks Bug just look on AH-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013
    This set is in fact broken but only stacks into ridiculous amounts when used with Oppressive Force.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I didn't know it was so badly broken. It means i've been using a bug exploit for several weeks. :p Well, i hope they will fix it asap, if it's true it's completely game-breaking.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    yesterday i saw ppl in lfg already looking for cws with this set - so the op might be right...
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well he is right about it being bugged to stack way too high, but it should still be useful. I think other sets need to be buffed because atm there's only 2 sets I really like, miracle and high vizier. most of the sets are disappointing to me, especially the fey ones which are let down cooldowns and such. For instance I'd rather have a smaller instant heal for miracle than a long 15 sec heal that does little to help save someone that's further limited to 3 times a minute... I've been trying to get a hv set myself but it's kind of hard to get a group sometimes. Sometimes I can get a guild run which is awesome, but sometimes they're not all on or busy with mc/cn (I don't blame them), the queue will take ages and may not match me to anyone or when it does it will give me a bugged instance. Even with trying the lfg channel I couldn't find someone to take me, apparently 10k gs is too low for spell plague even if I mange to do CN runs with her. I thought the point in those runs was to gear up >.>. Anyway some people here seem to want to overnerf CW. We don't want to make them useless... They do help to stop you getting an incredible amount of aggro and nerfing them will just hurt pugs more. Before considering that they need to consider rebalancing the dungeons so that more balances teams are preferable.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    here's my experience along with my screenshots.

my defense is 1647 and when i apply any control encounter, it bumps up to 2097... which is +450. when i apply a daily, it doesn't proc. it doesn't do what the OP says it does for my defense even if i do a combination of those encounters... all of which have a timer. so i'm not sure how this would accumulate to 60 stacks.

as for the claim that this stacks on removing defense from the enemy, perhaps you're referring to the high vizier set combined with a plague fire enchantment which lowers your defense by a % and stacks three times.

as to how you can see the defense of an NPC, i do not know.

Attachment not found.

When you use HV. yes you get a def buff. As I stated earlier. It is not your DEF buff that is stacking. If your new to the game, there are icons that appear under the boss's hit points. these icons represent debuffs currently on the boss. This is where another aspect of HV takes place. The DEBUFF. Look there to see the stacks.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For heaven's sake don't nerf Arcane Singularity. Why? Because you want control wizards to have LESS control?
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    just buff CN, dont nerf cws
  • Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    They are going to fix all this stuff just wait it out
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    wow the assumptions in this thread...

i'm asking a valid question. there are some very technical threads in these forums and i'm asking for some proof because i'm not seeing it with my HV set. i am familiar with the icons under my toon's image and the icons under the monster. i still didn't see any 60 stacks anywhere on my screen.

i'm not being beligerant, i swear... i'm asking for someone to show me.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok i've just made some extensive testing in MC with 3 CWs, and they had no issue to maintain 10-15 HV stacks on average mobs all the time, with shard of endless avalanche and oppressive force. On bosses, i noticed an average 20-25 stacks.

I didn't made the maths but my spells were doing 2,5x more damage than my average damage, like 40k crit from daunting light, which is completely insane.
    i'm not being beligerant, i swear... i'm asking for someone to show me.

I'm sorry i'm giving the devs an information. If you don't see it then you should better read icons under monster's health bar, because it's called 'arcane transferance' or something like that, but tbh most of us don't care if YOU need proofs, you're not one of the devs and they can run tests easily. :)
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    @melodywhr:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?490291-142k-Lashing-29k-DF-Bleeds

See the pics and explain how this will happen without any big debuffs?

142k Lashing with only 24k basedamage?
    31k Duelist Flurry with 4,3k basedamage?
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Um yeah hv has worked like this for months, when they changed it to stack with multiple cws. Still surprises me when people are discovering this for the first time. Even more surprising is cws who have hv and dont realize it stacks above 3. How are you not using shard and oppressive force in this current aoe meta?

When it gets nerfed people will understand just how over the top the consecutive tr nerfs have been. Enjoy the half hour boss fights :)
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    When it gets nerfed people will understand just how over the top the consecutive tr nerfs have been. Enjoy the half hour boss fights :)
    Considering the CN runs I'm doing, during the time we push out the adds (5-8min) 40% of Draco's HP is gone, from a single TR.. Add 3 debuffing CW's and a DC, and it's still a 10-15 min Draco kill.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i cant wait till all the shortcuts in CN are done with, and when people stop gloating about exploiting it...

I dont care if the nerf to singularity is tough, right now, is defining all the metagame, all the runs, all the dungeons, that's an unhealthy enviroment and should end, no matter how hard it would be to adapt to the new metagame.

HV stacking is just stupid, and everybody knows it will be nerfed sooner or later.