test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev's, It's time to fix the game-breaking High Vizier 4-set bug!

Comments

• Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Being able to send enemy defense so far negative that you do multiples of your base damage on every hit cannot be intended. Sure, I'm using and loving my HV set, but I know it shouldn't be quite this good. It should cap at 3 stacks per wiz in the party.
  • Options
    aargosaargos Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thread i have ever seen on this forums
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aargos wrote: »
    This is the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thread i have ever seen on this forums

You must be new here.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    For heaven's sake don't nerf Arcane Singularity. Why? Because you want control wizards to have LESS control?

Agree ^^ Hows about Fixing the game first, all the bugged dungeons and all the broken gear, THEN see how each class works within the content. you would probably find if all the very well known bugged gear and bugged feats, powers and dungeons were actually fixed properly most classe would be fairly well balanced.

Nerfing classes to make them equal in totally broken content and using broken gear is just stupid, FIX THE GAME FIRST !
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    who said it's only supposed to stack 3 times? the tooltip doesn't say that.

there are already so many ways to lower defense already even without hv, I'd be surprised if bosses don't hit 0 defense easily anyway.

not a bug - working as intended.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Where's source of that it should stack only 3 times? Givve us source of that information because otherwise this is just another whine thread.
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    i cant wait till all the shortcuts in CN are done with, and when people stop gloating about exploiting it...
    I very much agree on that, the ancient weapons are way to cheap atm, due to people speedrunning it, and I've filed bug reports on the window still not being fixed, and how one can make Xivros suicide proposing that they put him on a leash, making him unable to be pulled past the arch, was a few weeks ago, still nothing has changed.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    High Vizier Set:

Total stats (Including bonus)
    Power: 1271
    Critical: 0
    Recovery: 1721
    Defense: 521
    Deflection: 574
    Regeneration: 574
    Set Bonus 1: +450 Recovery
    Set Bonus 2: Steals 450 Defense from target and applies to yourself, when using a control spell, Stacks 3 times lasts 6 seconds and is refreshed at 3 stacks when another is applied.
  • Options
    orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2013
    High Vizier Set:

Total stats (Including bonus)
    Power: 1271
    Critical: 0
    Recovery: 1721
    Defense: 521
    Deflection: 574
    Regeneration: 574
    Set Bonus 1: +450 Recovery
    Set Bonus 2: Steals 450 Defense from target and applies to yourself, when using a control spell, Stacks 3 times lasts 6 seconds and is refreshed at 3 stacks when another is applied.

This is how it was originaly intended to work, but there are changes nearly every week to things in the game which are not noted in any patch notes, so as to how it is 'suposed' to work currently there is no info at all available, so who knows ?

Plus a point here is it only should proc from using 'control' spells and all dungeon bosses are imune to 'control' spells which kind of makes sence and leads to the fact it actually is broken
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    There is no question this is the most broken thing in the game currently.

Firstly it leads to a monopoly of one class to completely dominate all pve..
    Secondly people are farming dungeons around 300% faster that designed because of it..

There is absolutely no way it's working as intended.. No way
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Panda, the problem is obvious for anyone who likes the game and wants it healthy, but all the exploiters will defend it because well, that's their nature.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    who said it's only supposed to stack 3 times? the tooltip doesn't say that.

there are already so many ways to lower defense already even without hv, I'd be surprised if bosses don't hit 0 defense easily anyway.

not a bug - working as intended.

this is not how debuffs work. For all intents and purposes mobs defense score is irrelevant and/or effectively 0 to begin with as long as your ArP defense ignored > their Damage Resist, which in PVE is 24% max anyway (most mobs are 0%, followed by 7%, 15%, or 22%, btw).

debuffs do not reduce defense. not to 0, not to negative, not to anything. they do not reduce anything. they are damage buffs to anyone attacking the mob with the debuff.

On average each defense debuff is ~4% damage buff (some are more, some are less, depending on the coding of the debuff) but lets just go with 4% dmg buff per cus it's easier:

Perfect Terror
    Greater Plague Fire X3 (when it gets fixed)
    High Prophet X3
    Wicked Reminder x5
    Divine Glow
    Prophecy of Doom
    CoI (thaum CW)
    Elemental Empowerment (Thaum CW)
    Ray of Enfeeblement x2 (tab)
    student of the sword X3(Sent GWF)
    Staying Power (destroyer GWF)
    Tide of Iron
    Overwhelming Impact (Protector GF)

That's all I can think of, probably missed a few.

That's 24 stacks x 4% = 96% damage buff using every single class combination/weapon enchant assuming you can manage to get them all on at once.

High Vizier stacks to 72 but lets just say 70, x4% = 280% damage buff just from HV.

HV is actually much more than 4% per stack but again, it's easier to just call it 4% as it's the average buff amount taking all of them into account. also keep in mind that 4 of those stacks come from wizards, and another 4 (the weapon enchants) are available to wizards. so the other 4 classes combined bring 16 stacks of dmg buffing while CW brings the other 74...
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Um yeah hv has worked like this for months, when they changed it to stack with multiple cws. Still surprises me when people are discovering this for the first time. Even more surprising is cws who have hv and dont realize it stacks above 3. How are you not using shard and oppressive force in this current aoe meta?

When it gets nerfed people will understand just how over the top the consecutive tr nerfs have been. Enjoy the half hour boss fights :)

hmm. if part of this stacking involves shard of the endless avalanche, i don't have that skill. i think it's mechanic is a bit awkward, but that's just my opinion.

i'm sure that if there is a combination that is unbalanced, the devs will figure it out and change it. that is just the nature of this beast. and until someone else finds another loophole.

as far as the claims that this is "game breaking"... well... i know i'm not doing CN runs in 20-40 minutes. but i can tell you that i'm not rushing in-game right now to respec my mage for shard.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    this is not how debuffs work. For all intents and purposes mobs defense score is irrelevant and/or effectively 0 to begin with as long as your ArP defense ignored > their Damage Resist, which in PVE is 24% max anyway (most mobs are 0%, followed by 7%, 15%, or 22%, btw).

debuffs do not reduce defense. not to 0, not to negative, not to anything. they do not reduce anything. they are damage buffs to anyone attacking the mob with the debuff.

On average each defense debuff is ~4% damage buff (some are more, some are less, depending on the coding of the debuff) but lets just go with 4% dmg buff per cus it's easier:

Perfect Terror
    Greater Plague Fire X3 (when it gets fixed)
    High Prophet X3
    Wicked Reminder x5
    Divine Glow
    Prophecy of Doom
    CoI (thaum CW)
    Elemental Empowerment (Thaum CW)
    Ray of Enfeeblement x2 (tab)
    student of the sword X3(Sent GWF)
    Staying Power (destroyer GWF)
    Tide of Iron
    Overwhelming Impact (Protector GF)

That's all I can think of, probably missed a few.

That's 24 stacks x 4% = 96% damage buff using every single class combination/weapon enchant assuming you can manage to get them all on at once.

High Vizier stacks to 72 but lets just say 70, x4% = 280% damage buff just from HV.

HV is actually much more than 4% per stack but again, it's easier to just call it 4% as it's the average buff amount taking all of them into account. also keep in mind that 4 of those stacks come from wizards, and another 4 (the weapon enchants) are available to wizards. so the other 4 classes combined bring 16 stacks of dmg buffing while CW brings the other 74...

is there anyone that can get a screenshot of this in action? seeing combat logs of the DPS TR, especially one that i know is pretty decked out gear-wise, doesn't really prove anything. i've seen TRs do 30k lashing blades, effectively one-shotting in PVP.

also the OP originally suggested that the HV set stacks defense buffs for the wearer but i know that this isn't happening. the HV mechanic is supposed to be triggered by "controlling powers" and i'm wondering if it's actually something other than HV that could be causing the alleged debuff. someone mentioned "arcane transference" but the only feat that has any 'transfer' word in it is "frozen power transfer" and it involves chilling cloud, granting a damage buff on the third hit of chilling cloud. it lasts for eight seconds and is reset if you hit that monster again with the third hit.

i'll say again that i'm sure this will get checked out and in due time. i'm pretty confident that another class balance will likely happen with or right before module 2. but until that happens, everything is theory and conjecture.
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yes - its broken - for people saying its working as intended.... lolz .. pls fix
  • Options
    bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    How do you know it's a bug? Please post dev reference it is supposed to stack 3 times only.

"Fighters" (i.e. GFs) still won' have a place in CN. GFs can't jump...

Pssst: You can do the jumping by using the "Into The Fray" power, Rank 3.

The 3 times stacking limit theory is based on how often a CW can apply the debuff without using "summoned object" spells like Shard of the Endless Avalanche or Opressive Force. So it is - most probably - designed to be 3 at max.

Honestly 3 is already pretty nice, GFs have the same -450 Armor debuff on one set and it stacks... not at all.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    @melodywhr No one in this thread said anything about stacking the buff on the wearer but YOU. you are the only one who does not get it or is in denial of it. You're telling us you don't have either shard of the endless avalanche or Oppressive force powers? you can verify it yourself in 3 seconds on a training dummy.

just go to the PTR respecs are free.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    baddumtss wrote: »
    High Vizier 4 Pieces: Your control powers steal 450 Defense from the target and increasing yours by the same amount. Normally this should stack up to 3 times resulting in -1350 defense on the enemy and +1350 damage to the group.

But it doesn't stack up to 3 times, I have seen it stack up to 60 times! I've seen groups literally melt bosses, CN can be completed under 15 minutes and Draco dies in 3 minutes... That's because of the 20k magic missles and 500k lashing blades. :rolleyes:

So 60 stacks is 450*60= -27000 defense and +27000 damage.

It should be max 3 stacks, no matter how many CW's are in the group,so TR's and fighters will be needed more in groups.
    Because right now normal meta is 3 CW's, DC, TR or 4 CW's, 1 DC. I even saw a group of 5 CW's once.. because you don't need a healer if everything gets one-shotted anyway. :)

see the OP quoted above with the highlighted text.

i've tested it myself in sharandar. and i'm sorry but neither me or my character creation skills are part of this discussion. nowhere do i see 60 or 72 of anything. i'm just asking for some real tangible proof that the high vizier set is bugged. would it be better if i just blindly accepted this as fact without seeing the proof? because from where i stand, this entire thread is nothing but theory and assumptions.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Wow you are dense. Read again what you highlighted. Let us know when it sinks in. Then delete your character

lol. yes, i most certainly did misread that.

it still doesn't change the fact that all of this is conjecture and theory. if it is determined by cryptic to be a real issue, then it will get fixed. if not, it won't.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why is this in the pvp section?

Nerf it then but not because you are unable to kill a cw in duel...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Why is this in the pvp section?

Nerf it then but not because you are unable to kill a cw in duel...

i'm not entirely sure of the real reason why this is being reported as game breaking. i have my theories considering the fueled responses to simple questions, but i accept them as just that: theories.

as to this being in the pvp section, this section entails gameplay, combat AND pvp... not just pvp. :)
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I mean it's obviously going to be fixed, it almost havles clear time for some dungeons. They are just focused on the shard merge for now, chill, enjoy your super strong meatballs (shard =P) and they will get to it after shard merge I imagine.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    hmm. if part of this stacking involves shard of the endless avalanche, i don't have that skill. i think it's mechanic is a bit awkward, but that's just my opinion.

i'm sure that if there is a combination that is unbalanced, the devs will figure it out and change it. that is just the nature of this beast. and until someone else finds another loophole.

as far as the claims that this is "game breaking"... well... i know i'm not doing CN runs in 20-40 minutes. but i can tell you that i'm not rushing in-game right now to respec my mage for shard.

We all got a FREE respec token at the start of the module, did you not check up and see what other CW's were using and why ? even without High Vizir shard is one of the best abilitys we have next to Singularity, it hits multiple targets, does huge damage, knocks them prone and then regens a ton of AP, what more could you want ?

It as nothing to do with a 'unbalanced combination' it is as all already say a fact that the High Vizir 4 set is broken. it is NOT a 'loophole' it is a fault of the Devs not checking how things work in the first place.

As it is at present it is 'game breaking' nearly all LFM in trade looking for CW's all specifically ask for Hv 4set, for a reason.

You come on here asking for proof of the broken set, when there are 100's of posts and other threads all saying it is broken some posting combat logs to 'prove' the fact too

This whole thread is NOT about CW's being 'OP' it is the broken High Vizir 4 set that is broken, NOT the class
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i'm not entirely sure of the real reason why this is being reported as game breaking. i have my theories considering the fueled responses to simple questions, but i accept them as just that: theories.

as to this being in the pvp section, this section entails gameplay, combat AND pvp... not just pvp. :)

You can not have any theories or come to any conclusuions until you set you character up correctly and you will see your self at just how broken and game breaking the Vizir 4 set it currently. to come on here and say 100's of posts are wrong just because you your self dont see it because you are not set up as most CW's are currently is a waste of your time.

We all know it is broken, even most other classes Know it is broken, that is why they ALL ask for high vizir equiped CW's to join their groups. it is not because the Vizir set looks pretty........
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Actually the class is pretty op at the moment. Once hv is fixed youll still have 3cw groups as the norm, instead of 5cw
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Actually the class is pretty op at the moment. Once hv is fixed youll still have 3cw groups as the norm, instead of 5cw

I kind of agree, but not that it is realy OP, the class is necessary in every group mainly for its main roll, CONTROL, with the ever increasing spawning of mass numbers of adds in all instances, some kind of control will always be necessary, But the high vizir is just boosting all the partys damage to severly high amounts, making them even more necessary in a group for this broken set rarther than there 'controling' abilitys. With this set at the moment you dont realy need any control as the mobs just 'melt' in front of you

I watch some of the live streams on Twitch.tv and some of the top end CW's on dragon, and you see Magic missiles hitting for 20k+, and shard hitting mutiple mobs each for 50 to 60k at a time and double with crits all due to the Vizir 4set buff, its crazy to see it in action. and people come on here and post there is nothing wrong ?and asking for proof.. seriously.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No, the class is not being used for control, they are used for dps. It just so happens that all of their dps powers are also control powers. It has nothing to do with hv. Mobs melt before youve even built hv stacks. Only bosses live long enough for game breaking hv stacks to build up. Trash is dead by the time you are at 9 stacks ie about 5 seconds which is what hv is supposed to cap at with 3 cw. Most trash is dead before they even get 3 stacks on them.

Lets use mc as an example. A single cw rotation shard/st/opp force (ie about 5 seconds) kills everything except fell trolls, cyclops, fomorians, and witches, which are at between 60-85% health after said rotation. Now multiple by 3 bc you have atleast 3 cw, and those mobs health is now at 0-55%. Now add in the other 2 encounter powers each cw has, again x3 because there are 3 of you, and every single trash pack is dead within the first 10 seconds of beginning combat, and hv had nothing to do with it.

Its only once you reach a boss that you find a mob with enough hp that you can stack hv to ungodly amounts before the mob runs out of hp.
  • Options
    baddumtssbaddumtss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    see the OP quoted above with the highlighted text.

i've tested it myself in sharandar. and i'm sorry but neither me or my character creation skills are part of this discussion. nowhere do i see 60 or 72 of anything. i'm just asking for some real tangible proof that the high vizier set is bugged. would it be better if i just blindly accepted this as fact without seeing the proof? because from where i stand, this entire thread is nothing but theory and assumptions.
    I'm not sure if this is "naming and shaming" but it's a public video so here is some proof: http://www.twitch.tv/duquedeluxe/b/466496469
    Skip to 52:00 for example to see what 68 stacks can do. Don't tell me this is WAI. :)
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    baddumtss wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is "naming and shaming" but it's a public video so here is some proof: http://www.twitch.tv/duquedeluxe/b/466496469
    Skip to 52:00 for example to see what 68 stacks can do. Don't tell me this is WAI. :)

70 is the cap, I believe. At least on Draco, once you hit 70 stacks, he freezes up. Strange.

HV is WAI. Even if it were nerfed to the ground, groups would still take 3 CWs to CN for the adds on the final boss. MC can be done without CWs at all, but they help group mobs together and debuff.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    70 is the cap, I believe. At least on Draco, once you hit 70 stacks, he freezes up. Strange.

HV is WAI. Even if it were nerfed to the ground, groups would still take 3 CWs to CN for the adds on the final boss. MC can be done without CWs at all, but they help group mobs together and debuff.

The armor itself states that it stacks a max of 3 times. So even if that's per wizard a max of 9 stacks would be WAI, how can you say 70 stacks is WAI when armor clearly states differently lol?

Again I don't really care about this as I don't see it as game breaking, you shave off ~10 minutes from a dungeon run from this, maybe 20 max, but they will get around to fixing it after the big server merge.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.