test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All servers being merged to One Shard

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank goodness I sold my Skulker's Helm today on the AH for 1.5kk! :cool:
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if they wait few weeks after expansion then should be fine but if they marge them as part of expansion or before expansion think we will have huge queues and a lot of lag
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    synozeer wrote:
    I'm guessing they wanted to wait until the population fell to a point where all the merged servers = what 1 server was like from the start of the game.

Either way, I'm glad it's happening soon.
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Why do some people automatically think something's wrong with the game once the developers change something? If you believe the threads, the game was dead back in early June. Now it's the end of September, and the game is doing great. Will people ever stop complaining about stuff they have now clue about, without ever bothering to do some actual research first?

Where did I say something is wrong with the game? All I said is that the population dropped (which is normal) and that I felt that they were waiting until the # of players on all 3 servers = about what they were for 1 server at launch.

Should I now make a post wondering why people read too much into some posts and automatically think others are making negative comments and complaining when they're not?
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited September 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    drbaals, I have seen your latest posts and I get the impresion you're not enjoying your time playing the game, I can't help but wonder why are you still playing it if you seem to be having such a bad time.
    I for one, I'm happy to know this, dungeons and such will most probably have shorter queues now.

The thing is if every server has a Queue time problem, then combining them will still have the same problem. A shortage of healers/tanks. after the merge players will log in to see how it is and times will seem better,then they will drop down to the way they were before. A ton of DPS waiting for a healer and tank to Queue up.

I base this off my experience in DCUO when they had a server merge. They essential made a group buff system that gave generic buffs of the missing class(es) and threw 4 random players together. Unless the content was trivial you were almost guaranteed a fail.

Anyways if you have 20 dps, 4 healers and 2 tanks in Queue on each server and then merge them into one big server you will still have the same shortage. Queue time remain basically the same.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Assuming that the only problem for dungeons queues is the lack of healers/tanks.
    I'm just lv 50 and I think that sometimes for pre 60 dungeons, a problem is that there isn't enough people queuing, maybe I'm wrong but it's the impression i've gotten.
    Also, I might make a healer/tank then, maybe I'll get faster queue time :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Awesome news really looking forward to this.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No Lemonade Stand will kill... everyone.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    drbaals wrote: »
    Go for it waist your money or zen whatever.

Please show everyone where they stated this would happen? They didnt say skirmishes and DD queues would get better.

Well, it's 500 Zen that I already have in my wallet which I'd set aside to purchase a couple more character slots. If I didn't spend it on that I'd have spent it on something else but I think the extra character slots are going to give me the best value for that Zen.

As far as speculation on the shorter queue times, we're talking basic math here. More people queueing = shorter queue times. They don't need to explicitly state something so obvious ...
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wildlust wrote: »
    The thing is if every server has a Queue time problem, then combining them will still have the same problem. A shortage of healers/tanks. after the merge players will log in to see how it is and times will seem better,then they will drop down to the way they were before. A ton of DPS waiting for a healer and tank to Queue up.

I base this off my experience in DCUO when they had a server merge. They essential made a group buff system that gave generic buffs of the missing class(es) and threw 4 random players together. Unless the content was trivial you were almost guaranteed a fail.

Anyways if you have 20 dps, 4 healers and 2 tanks in Queue on each server and then merge them into one big server you will still have the same shortage. Queue time remain basically the same.

Hmmm ..... yeah, I don't think so. Even with the shortage of tanks/healers, the queue times should still be shorter overall. A lack of tanks/healers may still cause delays but proportional to a larger number of people queueing, so the wait times will likely be reduced.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    GWF only dungeons, for the win.

Who needs healers?
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm excited for the chance to meet some of you people who play on the other shards.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm excited about the upcoming increased lag and rubberbanding. :)
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Think! You have just tripled the number of items listed in the AH without changing demand (because nothing else in the game changes). Of course, prices that have elasticity will go down to at least whatever is the lowest price across the existing shard AH's at the moment. That additional sudden sell pressure will in-turn lower prices a little below the lowest existing price before stabilizing.

But you've also tripled the number of people looking at them... so increased demand.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No Lemonade Stand will kill... everyone.
    lol they already did this basically on the PTR open pvp challenge.

Also as far as pve goes, prices on dragon seem to be the cheapest of the 3 shards so MF and beholder players might wanna sell your stuff now because if prices stabilize at dragon supply rates (and we'll still be farming just as much as before) CN mainhands sell for 150-400k depending on class and offhands go for about a coal ward.
  • Options
    valeriob80valeriob80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It's ok for me, just please we need a lot more Protector's Enclave instances (and the option to be added to the LESS populated one by default)
  • Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I'm excited about the upcoming increased lag and rubberbanding. :)

lmao!

But seriously, I'll believe it when I see it, the shard merging that is.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    kortaknlkortaknl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    (basically every MMO drops in population in the first few months)

Not every MMO.Good MMO grows in the first few months intensely. Good example was WOW which grew from a few hundreds thousands to millions

mostly BAD mmos where people loose interest that drop after a few months which is indication they didnt like it...for example SWTOR
    or Age of Conan (and those were payed ones)
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Excited for this.
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    wildlust wrote: »

Yes this i agree with. This is why they the devs will not say it will make queues shorter because it wont. The only thing this will do is increase the amount of botz people see in pvp. Increase the gold spammers. Increase the botz swarms in PE. It will make the game LOOK like it has more players. It will cause more lag and rubberbanding . It will let the devs shrink and fine tune the ammount of servers they use. It will increase the times if you get into a dungeon that your going to be asked to go along with exploiting it.
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My main concern is that I'm hoping that once the merger is complete, Protector's Enclave doesn't become the new Ironforge. Old school grognards will understand what I mean by that.

At the very least, can we have mailboxes in zones other than Protector's Enclave, so that we're not forced to go from a smooth running zone to HURMEHGURDMOLASSES when zoning into Protector's Enclave?
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited October 2013
    All the Tene in one Shard, this is going to be ugly......
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just wish there were language channels to filter out the many Polish, French, Russian, Spanish...etc... filling up the chat box that I can't understand.

Of course this is the Neverwinter playerbase we are talking about, that still has a problem moving their trade chat to the trade chat channel, or the LFG / LFM chat to the LFG channel...
    itpaladin.png

• Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think this will be good but we have to admit the obvious here.

If it's done right people will complain, if it's done wrong people will complain.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    rki2 wrote: »
    all the spammers of that gold website will be concentrated to 1.........oh the joy!!

This...
    With a merge the gold spam will become unbearable at least on weekends. Not to mention the trade/LFG massive spam.
    Ill have to wait and see.
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hahahah you all so funny! 1ST you all ask for a server merge.. then when they annouce it you say its bad, and impossible and a big problem.

Why dont we all wait and see? xD
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jigles wrote: »
    Hahahah you all so funny! 1ST you all ask for a server merge.. then when they annouce it you say its bad, and impossible and a big problem.

Why dont we all wait and see? xD

I never asked for the merger. I simply accepted it as fact since it's been planned from Day 1. I'm still not looking forward to the Ironforge-like effect it'll have on Protector's Enclave.
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Us too! :)
    Awesome news really looking forward to this.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    Epic Fail in the makeing IMHO. They can't even put in the new classes what makes you think they can properly do this?

You mean apart from the fact that both their other games on the same engine run on the same single server technology?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Merge the Servers!!!!

What you're merging the servers? Faillll!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    \o/ Good news.

Its not a sign of anything other than the company doing, eventually, what they said they'd do.

Even all the whingers should cheer. Now you'll all be in the one place, crying together and feeding of each others woe while you await your inevitable doom and plunge into the Abyss.

New class to come :D I'm still pre-booked for the Disco Dancing for Intermediates.