test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All servers being merged to One Shard

Comments

• Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    What was wrong with Ironforge?Franky that is one thing I think got ruined when they released expansions is people stopped hanging out in one focused place which creates a community.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    3k player on 1 server BIG laag imagine after server merge you run protectorate bank and it willl trow you back to black lake d.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    GWF only dungeons, for the win.

Who needs healers?
    I am LEEROY JENKINS(!!!), and I approve this message.

RvyZgft.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I am LEEROY JENKINS(!!!), and I approve this message.

RvyZgfts.jpg

No worries Leeroy, you will still be the best GWF around even after server merge ;)
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    3k player on 1 server BIG laag imagine after server merge you run protectorate bank and it willl trow you back to black lake d.
    Um you mean 150 players max in pe which has been and always will be max for pe instance? The only difference between seperate shards and single shard is instead of 3-8 instances of pe we will have 9-24 instances which is still less than we had pre-feywild. Sharandar will have 20-25 instances of 40 players each instead of the 5-11 we have now. The only way server merge causes any lag issue is if they continue to downgrade the hardware running the game.
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does this mean there going to make one of the servers a beginner server?
    force new players start on a one server before being allowed to have access
    to the other servers? lol
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    artanisen wrote: »
    Does this mean there going to make one of the servers a beginner server?
    force new players start on a one server before being allowed to have access
    to the other servers? lol

No, it means there will be one shard, period. All existing characters will be moved to the new shard and any new characters will be created on the new shard. Beholder, dragon, and mindflayer will no longer exist after the merge.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    just hope they add auction house and all the stores that are in enclave to sharadar or gaunltgrym
    so lvl 60 players dont have to go back to enclave...
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thats a qol issue unrelated to server merge.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thats a qol issue unrelated to server merge.

its related, once after server merges, its going to be packed
    and it will be a tad bit over whelming with hundreds of people
    in one location. compared to a few dozen people atm.

but i wont say any more.
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Um you mean 150 players max in pe which has been and always will be max for pe instance? The only difference between seperate shards and single shard is instead of 3-8 instances of pe we will have 9-24 instances which is still less than we had pre-feywild. Sharandar will have 20-25 instances of 40 players each instead of the 5-11 we have now. The only way server merge causes any lag issue is if they continue to downgrade the hardware running the game.

Well, color me corrected. I totally spaced on the fact that the game already threw us onto several instances of a zone on each shard. I'm not quite so worried about Ironforge-like lag anymore. Thank you for pointing that out.
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013

but i wont say any more.

Again, if there are more people, there will simply be more instances.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looks like the date has been set for next week. Server merge will hit evening of the 8th. Be sure to plan your auctions accordingly.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?498291-Neverwinter-Server-Technology-Upgrade-October-8-2013-starting-at-8pm-PDT-%28Pacific%29&p=6182431#post6182431
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Looks like the date has been set for next week. Server merge will hit morning of the 8th. Be sure to plan your auctions accordingly.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?498291-Neverwinter-Server-Technology-Upgrade-October-8-2013-starting-at-8pm-PDT-%28Pacific%29&p=6182431#post6182431

Night of the 8th. It starts 8pm Pacific.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Night of the 8th. It starts 8pm Pacific.

Ohhh you are right, my bad. So used to morning patches didnt notice the PM. corrected my post.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

but i wont say any more.
    No, it isn't. you are bad and should feel bad. feel free to read the thread or actually pay attention to how the game works before commenting in the future. hint: the reason it's irrelevant is quoted in the post directly below yours.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looks like the date has been set for next week. Server merge will hit evening of the 8th. Be sure to plan your auctions accordingly.

Nice. Looking forward to this. Also, pleasantly surprised they are getting it done so soon after they announced it.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have they announced the name of the new shard yet?
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    raath13 wrote: »

Beholder, of course.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    raath13 wrote: »

The Beholding Dragon's that flays minds. A.K.A BDFM.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well from the sound of things, the whole game will be moving to new hardware. So we might get a new name. However, Cryptic rarely makes a big deal about the names beyond their own internal name for things. I honestly cant remember the names of COs live and preview shards and ive played there for years.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    New server..and stronger is my hope. Those PvP guys can have it out..faster grps.. New friends..Its not news as it has always been planned. Maybe cute guys..;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

Oh i cant wait. This is going to be so freaking funny.
  • Options
    drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    New server..and stronger is my hope. Those PvP guys can have it out..faster grps.. New friends..Its not news as it has always been planned. Maybe cute guys..;)

I know its going to be so sweet. I cant wait to see more botz in pvp then just one server now all 3 servers botz will be on one. Ahhh i cant wait. Its going to be so fun.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . All the Shards are already on the same Server. It's their multi-layer server technology. In essense, the Shards are sub-servers within a single server. Along with the technology upgrade, all the merging is doing is removing the extra shards, which means more instances of each zone will now be available and players will no longer be separated by shard.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    just hope they add auction house and all the stores that are in enclave to sharadar or gaunltgrym
    so lvl 60 players dont have to go back to enclave...

Amen! you have my axe!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well from the sound of things, the whole game will be moving to new hardware. So we might get a new name. However, Cryptic rarely makes a big deal about the names beyond their own internal name for things. I honestly cant remember the names of COs live and preview shards and ive played there for years.

The name of the shards as we saw them were live and playtest. STO however got names for their shards that players could see. Holodeck for live and Tribble for preview.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I think we will have a Lesser Enchantment of Neverwinter.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    drdendodrdendo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    endocin wrote: »

Hey what's up! I'm the cutest guy in Beholder okey? ;) okey probobly not... but atleast I'm a guy!
    Heseth Shadowblade @ Beholder
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So is he!

/10char