Install Arc
Options

Please, merge the Shards.

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    Yea the shards needs to merge but more than that, they need to stop bleeding players

I don't understand why they don't focus on the Foundry

They have this massive pool of content. Why not making Foundry quests relevant as end game?
    If they're scared of giving us more AD from them then let us farm some kind of seals to use on gear. Of course it should only apply to quests over a certain length but they could even scale the rewards based on the group size to encourage grouping while still making soloing viable

Seems silly not to use it

The issue with the foundry is 98% of the adventures are just waves of mobs for XP, there are just not enough quality campaigns.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The issue with the foundry is 98% of the adventures are just waves of mobs for XP, there are just not enough quality campaigns.
    Even if that number is right, which it's not in my experience, there are more quality Foundry quests than dungeons in the game and making Foundry relevant in end game would surely motivate more people to make campaigns
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Merging the shards is a very bad idea. There are several different shards with the same size map. The maps would have to be expanded considerably. Imagine the Summer Festival with four times as many players on the same size map. People are already competing for resources. It would be a mess. The same goes for Sharandar, there already is competition on certain maps. Until they expand the maps considerably and figure out how to infuse guild competition into the game, it would not make sense.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    mytgroo wrote: »
    Merging the shards is a very bad idea. There are several different shards with the same size map. The maps would have to be expanded considerably. Imagine the Summer Festival with four times as many players on the same size map. People are already competing for resources. It would be a mess. The same goes for Sharandar, there already is competition on certain maps. Until they expand the maps considerably and figure out how to infuse guild competition into the game, it would not make sense.

Not quite true but i see your reasoning, All zones, questing. special event , and dungeons are split into 'sub' instances, this was originaly the idea to 'spread' out players and make so no zone was 'over populated' which includes questing area's which many contain 'gathering' quests.
    From my own observations there is no were near as many 'sub' instances open in any zones now, so a shard merge would not or should not really have any great effect on any zones population wise.

One of the problems i see from merging shards is the different economys all shards have at presant, this would no doubt cause another in game economy problem.

I dont know if it has been changed recently but originaly on open beta each of the 3 shards was managed by totaly different teams of devs and from different countrys altogether, obviously they try there best to work together as mush as possible, but that did not quite work, to the point even some tier gear early on had slightly different stats point wise depending on which shard they was on.

This said i do believe and from my own in game observations there as no doubt been a drastic decline in population so a shard merge would obviously be a good step forward, but practicaly wise it is not quite as simple as it sounds, plus this game does not seem to go into steps forward for the game and players.

Merging shards is deffinatly a good idea but in all honesty and with the huge amount of issues and problems within the game at present i would think fixing what content there already is in game would be a better priority, alot of content at present is near enough un-playable. i am pretty sure the whole player base would be 100% happier and want to contnue playing the game if the content we already had was working as it should

Merging the shards would boost population in each zone/instance. but it will never cure the actual problem behind this whole thread, the fact that player base is declining. Untill major in game issues and problems in nearly every part of the current content are addressed and fixed the player base will continue to shrink. broken is broken finding ways around it does NOT fix anything, just hides it for a while. the problems are still there..
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chat spam is bearable right now, a merge would mean chaos!
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Even if that number is right, which it's not in my experience, there are more quality Foundry quests than dungeons in the game and making Foundry relevant in end game would surely motivate more people to make campaigns

There are "endgame" relevant foundries, but probably not in the way you mean. I've found a few foundries that have helped me with my CW to train the sing + bubble burst technique for CN mobs.... I still need a lot more practice so that in the more stressful situations I can just keep the timing down instead of rushing it >_>.

But yeah, as of this moment the only time I'll do foundries are when LP and Rhix dailies are stacked on each other.

And just to keep my post on topic, reiterating that I would really like to see at least two of the servers merged sometime soon.

And with the merging of shards, those zone instances could be increased dramatically. I was actually somewhat peeved when Cryptic started rolling back the number of zones available to players in the Midsummer festival. It was quite nice to have only 10 people in a zone, where portions of the map could be equally shared for maximum gain. Oh-the-well.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The quality of foundry content is very uneven, and it's really better on STO. Here it's just boring insanely hard waves of adds or a lot of tedious 'search for a key/clues/NPC x' with tedious little npcs everywhere. This game has little potential for good storytelling, period. This is an action game. Focusing on the foundry would be a huge mistake.
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The quality of foundry content is very uneven, and it's really better on STO. Here it's just boring insanely hard waves of adds or a lot of tedious 'search for a key/clues/NPC x' with tedious little npcs everywhere. This game has little potential for good storytelling, period. This is an action game. Focusing on the foundry would be a huge mistake.
    I've played lots of great foundry quests with great stories. Please don't confuse your own experience with the actual truth and maybe start using a better method of selecting what quests you try...
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've played lots of great foundry quests with great stories. Please don't confuse your own experience with the actual truth and maybe start using a better method of selecting what quests you try...

You mean please don't confuse your truth with my truth don't you? Honestly ask anyone here I have been a ardent supporter of this game since Alpha, but look at the top five foundry missions they are all XP mob fest with little to no story.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited September 2013
    I want the shards to merge, or even a transfer, since my three characters are unable exchange items since there is no cross server functionality.
  • Options
    droozeldroozel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just merge it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You mean please don't confuse your truth with my truth don't you? Honestly ask anyone here I have been a ardent supporter of this game since Alpha, but look at the top five foundry missions they are all XP mob fest with little to no story.
    How does that prove anything except maybe many people have poor taste in campaigns?

If you're not looking past the top 5 missions i honestly can't see how you feel able to judge the quality
  • Options
    fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Server merge is sometimes a stopgap measure to gather a flagging population, yes.

BUT in this case it had been overtly stated from WELL before day 1 that there would be only one server. This is not something that will be done from desperation, but a carrying out of the original blueprint. A designed choice for which none of the original reasons have changed.

People will make what they wish of it, as they always do. There are always those who mistake generosity for bribes and mistakes for conspiracy. So it goes.
  • Options
    moogle71moogle71 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agrees with previous post "fix the real issue" a.k.a
    Bugs And more endgame content.

right now all i do is pray and cn when i can
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fermi wrote: »
    Server merge is sometimes a stopgap measure to gather a flagging population, yes.

BUT in this case it had been overtly stated from WELL before day 1 that there would be only one server. This is not something that will be done from desperation, but a carrying out of the original blueprint. A designed choice for which none of the original reasons have changed.

People will make what they wish of it, as they always do. There are always those who mistake generosity for bribes and mistakes for conspiracy. So it goes.
    lol

ya preemptive "we're going to merge servers once beta ends" except they didn't. They expected that their complete lack of any effort/resources into game wouldn't have negatively impacted the population as much as it has, as quickly as it has. So they absolutely need to merge the servers and it absolutely will be a stopgap measure.
  • Options
    fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So they absolutely need to merge the servers and it absolutely will be a stopgap measure.

Thank you for proving my final point. :p
  • Options
    iteideiteide Member, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hum?!? Been a while I created that post. Well after few days. Failboat's Captain no longer have time to deal with guild atm working alot. 70-85hrs a Weeks at works. Bearly playing neverwinter by Gateway website :p that's the best I can affort atm. Well I noticed you added kind of poll on that. That's fine I voted YES. I wish to join another french guild, cause atm I don't need any other stress. I play NWN to relax myself after a hard week. I unplug my brain et just doing that way, Sunday it's play day ! Hurry guys merges those server ( Shards if you like ) , so I can find party to kick some dragon's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$!
  • Options
    perfectionagainperfectionagain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    An obvious choice to this is "YES" !
  • Options
    devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If Cryptic listened to every poll on this forum the game would be long dead. These are the same people who wanted a server wipe, which would have accomplished nothing but destroy the game.

Im reading here that the game population has dropped to the point that one server is needed, yet no one has any factual data. Only Cryptic knows.

It seems to me that those who want the bugs and issues to get fixed before a merger are the ones truly concerned about the health of the game. Refill the servers we have instead of destroying.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    devocut wrote: »
    If Cryptic listened to every poll on this forum the game would be long dead. These are the same people who wanted a server wipe, which would have accomplished nothing but destroy the game.

Im reading here that the game population has dropped to the point that one server is needed, yet no one has any factual data. Only Cryptic knows.

It seems to me that those who want the bugs and issues to get fixed before a merger are the ones truly concerned about the health of the game. Refill the servers we have instead of destroying.

I could care less about the population size. Large or small, it matters little to me. I just want them to follow through on their commitment to have a single shard game like all their others. That is a feature I actually enjoy in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    iteideiteide Member, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    :o I like to see most players like the idea of server merge. Anyways It might cost less Hardware ressource to cryptic to run that game. Less cost more profit$$$$$$$$.
  • Options
    devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I could care less about the population size. Large or small, it matters little to me. I just want them to follow through on their commitment to have a single shard game like all their others. That is a feature I actually enjoy in Cryptic games.

Ahhh, I see your point....and its a good reason for merging the shards.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    devocut wrote: »
    Ahhh, I see your point....and its a good reason for merging the shards.

Yup, its pretty much as simple as that. This is not a case of player requests badgering the devs. This is a case where Cryptic made it clear from before launch day. That multiple shards was a temporary measure. And that they were committed to eventually operating on a single shard.

This is not something said on the sly, or a off handed comment made by a single dev. This is in the main FAQ. They planned for this form the start. They even took measures to prevent guilds having the same name on separate shards so none would need to change names for the merge. This is not something that will go away, or be swept under the rug. They either need to honor their commitment. Or at the very least take the time to explain why its taking so long. Or worst case, why it cant happen.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yup, its pretty much as simple as that. This is not a case of player requests badgering the devs. This is a case where Cryptic made it clear from before launch day. That multiple shards was a temporary measure. And that they were committed to eventually operating on a single shard.

This is not something said on the sly, or a off handed comment made by a single dev. This is in the main FAQ. They planned for this form the start. They even took measures to prevent guilds having the same name on separate shards so none would need to change names for the merge. This is not something that will go away, or be swept under the rug. They either need to honor their commitment. Or at the very least take the time to explain why its taking so long. Or worst case, why it cant happen.

This. Like many other things, we're hearing nothing from Cryptic on why this has been delayed.
  • Options
    interventionxeinterventionxe Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi, I'm new here but this sounds like begging too me. I looked at the Neverwinter extended FAQ and both the server merge and additional classes are worded in a manner that suggest information about them will be available when Cryptic/PWI is ready to implement these features. Therefore, a topic requesting a server merge and, or for classes is badgering. It clearly states that there is a plan for these features, just wait. Unless there is another issue at the moment which players feel a server merge would adequately repair, I don't see the relevance of this topic. Through reasoning and deduction I can only conclude that each shard is suffering from a lack of player base. Fortunately, my toon is not high enough for this to be an issue.

Just don't lie about your reasoning for requesting a server merge and know that in due time there is a plan for this feature.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just don't lie about your reasoning for requesting a server merge and know that in due time there is a plan for this feature.

We are fast heading to 4 months from release. We have already seen one module released. And yet not even one single solitary word on the status of the merge has been mentioned. Even classes got, an eventual, still on the way comment.

Its not unreasonable to want answers. That is hardly the same as lying.
  • Options
    docte92docte92 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see the number of players on Dragon drastically lower than before Feywild. Anyone remember the Valindra's Attack event? There were 85+ instances of PE running. Most instances had 80-120 players. Now there's normally about 7-8 instances with 40-50 players in each.
  • Options
    droozeldroozel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    But they said, that the merge is only a time issue, so maybe lets wait and see?
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Dungeon queue times are pretty nasty. It wouldn't be quite so bad if your position in a single player instance got saved when you entered a dungeon but because you lose all progress there is little incentive to do Foundry or other stuff that requires you to be in an instance while queing. I've queued for anything up to 2 hours sometimes before giving up and logging off. And all that time I'm never sure if its worth risking starting a single player instance. Foundries especially can be a long haul.

I just want shorter queues, I don't really care how Cryptic handle this - merge the servers or cross server queing.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    droozel wrote: »
    But they said, that the merge is only a time issue, so maybe lets wait and see?

Where have they said that? Ive honestly been looking for any statement past the original FAQ, and found nothing.