test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please, merge the Shards.

iteideiteide Member, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello, did a vortex come? maybe its chocobo'callin but atm I find myself kinda lonely in my guild last weekend. Almost all players from my guild quit never for F...14 dang. Short story, I find myself the next day officer.... i was recruit/member and now I'm trying hard to find more poeple to join :confused: . I'm not sure about futur for now. Poeple asking me before joinning the guild hey what's the goal of this guild etc.. ?!? GOAL?!? er play Neverwinter not alone? I got no clue really I don't really have the strenght of a Guild leader really. I usually just follow the FUN BUS. But now , I got no choice swim or die :/. I'm french native, I noticed that in neverwinterfr channel there are mush more FR player in other server. I'm not sure If i can handle this.... I seem to be Failboat'S Captain. That's why my topic does server will merge? My 5 caracter are in same server atm.
Post edited by iteide on

Comments

• Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Things seem good in my guild and on Dragon server. Dunno, but if your friends are putting their eggs in the FF14 basket they will be back here within a month. First release was so abysmal they had to shut it down for 2 years and remake it. Second release I can only think is primarily aimed at lifelong console gamers who have never experienced a good MMO. The features and mechanics, with a few exceptions, feel 5+ years old, and it is boring and bland. Good shader effects though ...

I guess if you're really really into FF in general then it should have more appeal.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This really needs to happen.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree. The server merge needs to happen. Queues are only going to get longer for everything from this point onward.
  • Options
    xictusxictus Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I also agree. If they aren't going to merge shards then at least consider a character transfer service. I would even pay if that is the only way forward.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Shard will be merged in a matter of time.

I understand thins is frustrating in the mean time but please remain patient. It will be a short term problem whether it feels short term or not.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    since we just had a major patch, we'll see a string of small patches until the next big one. but you know it's coming. :)
  • Options
    firetallyfiretally Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about instead of merging, cross queue among different servers.
  • Options
    carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Shard will be merged in a matter of time.

I understand thins is frustrating in the mean time but please remain patient. It will be a short term problem whether it feels short term or not.

merge means less population?
  • Options
    carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    firetally wrote: »
    What about instead of merging, cross queue among different servers.

+1

/10chars
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    Mindflayer is a ghost town much of the day now, and queue's stretch on until they timeout. Gold spammers have more posts than the LFG channel does.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So, how about that server merge?! That sounds pretty good to be about now.
  • Options
    abzerothabzeroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    So, how about that server merge?! That sounds pretty good to be about now.

It WILL happen, just, sometime in the future :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    abzeroth wrote: »
    It WILL happen, just, sometime in the future :D:D:D

Hopefully the near future. These queue times suck!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hopefully the near future. These queue times suck!
    server merge will not help u with it ppl do not use queue because u cant finish anything with randoms and they will not merge shards any time soon since it is bad publicity for game and PWE
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Merging the servers will be perceived as "the population has dropped to the point where it is not viable to have three servers any more, so we need to merge them".

Personally I hope there will not be a server merge - the servers are slightly different - Mindflayer being the semi-official RP server, and one of the others has a higher PvP focus than the rest, and certain (nonEnglish) language groups tend to be focused on specific servers.

Also, I think Cryptic/PWE should offer a server transfer service for a fee - people that started on the "wrong" server might be willing to pay a reasonable amount for a transfer.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The servers are half dead now (at least Mindflayer is empty). 1/3 of players or less it used to be.
  • Options
    b4gshrugsb4gshrugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 69
    edited September 2013
    As the title says, please consider merging all 3 shards before the game population withers even further. The queue times have become ridiculous. Who wants to sit 5-10 minutes waiting for the queue to pop (PvP) or an hour or more for dungeons?

From a strictly PvP player, it gets old fighting the same people over and over in 1 of 2 maps. There needs to be new blood to make things seem fresh. How about adding in new PvP maps? Be lazy and hold a contest for user-submitted maps. How about adding in a different game-type like Capture the Flag.

I'm not even going to touch what BoP drops have done to PvE'ers and the queue times for Dungeons or the broken add mechanic or the game-breaking bugs for TR/DC/GWF

Something needs to be done to rejuvenate this game before people start asking themselves, "Why sink more money into a game that seems to be dying," or "Why sink more money into a game where game-breaking bugs for DC (Healing Word not healing the player targeted)/TR(Stealth bug and ITC not registering after activation)/GWF (Unstoppable Bug... still...) classes haven't been addressed?"

This game has great potential and it would be a shame for it to fall to the wayside because everything being added seems to be superfluous Zen Market items.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The game has a lot of problems, but quite frankly, I don't think a shard merge will do anything to fix them. It may be necessary at some point in the future, if the player population drops below the point where three shards are viable, but for now I would much rather see them spend their (limited) resources on the things that are causing the players to leave. Multiple shards is not one of those things.
  • Options
    b4gshrugsb4gshrugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 69
    edited September 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Multiple shards is not one of those things.

Yeah, everyone enjoys spending 5-10 minute queue times for PvP and >1 hour queue times for Dungeons.

What's the point of playing a game when you spend the majority of your time sitting around to access its content.

Regarding game-breaking class bugs, they've been around for months. Don't get your hopes up that they'll actually be fixed.

Edit: Btw, this is a "free-to-play" game so there's nothing to tie a person down. A person will simply drop this game once said individual gets tired of constantly sitting in queue without anything happening.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I want shards merged for more competitive PvP.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    b4gshrugs wrote: »
    Yeah, everyone enjoys spending 5-10 minute queue times for PvP and >1 hour queue times for Dungeons.

Why do you think that a shard merge would have any effect on dungeon queue times? There is next to no wait for premade 5-man groups. Some dungeons are not very popular and few people run them - a shard meger is not going to make more people want to run them. Some classes (DC and GF) have a short wait time in randim PUG queues while others (TR and CW) have a much longer wait time - a shard merge is not going to change this in any way.

Just why would you expect to see a change?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Merging the servers will be perceived as "the population has dropped to the point where it is not viable to have three servers any more, so we need to merge them".

Personally I hope there will not be a server merge - the servers are slightly different - Mindflayer being the semi-official RP server, and one of the others has a higher PvP focus than the rest, and certain (nonEnglish) language groups tend to be focused on specific servers.

Also, I think Cryptic/PWE should offer a server transfer service for a fee - people that started on the "wrong" server might be willing to pay a reasonable amount for a transfer.

Well, the population IS dropping so the perception is already there. They may as well merge servers to shorten the queue times to a more reasonable level. And the rest of who you said about unofficial RP or whatever ... I couldn't care less about that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. This game isn't for Roleplayers; it's for casual gamers. I just want to be able to play through the game with a newly created character and complete all the skirmishes and dungeon delves on the way up.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not going to happen. That means more supply in AH, prices dropping, and less people buying Zen to exchange for AD.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yup, the merge is a bad idea. If they will fix the prob we have atm, a lot ot people will come back to play. The merge will only affect the AH and price down of item. There will be no new blood, but still old blood from different server. If you have now 1 hour of queque for dungeon, you will have the same whit merge too. Join a guild or make a party of 5 and go on dungeon, there no time to waste on queque. The merge will only lead on to now self proclamed best guild, we don't need this x.x we need new paragon or class and the bug fix x....x
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A server merge desperately needs to happen and soon. The queue times are way too long and anyone who played the game a couple of months ago realizes how bad they are compared to the old wait times.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Not going to happen. That means more supply in AH, prices dropping, and less people buying Zen to exchange for AD.

Heeeeeeeeerp

It means the AH supply as well as the demand for items from players both come together ... It all stays the same.

For what you described to happen they would have to merge the AH all onto one server, and leave the players behind.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The merge is an epic fail for give to a game only somemore times. do you think's people will rest after the merge whit all the bug we have atm? C'mon -.- the merge is only for pvp, so self clamed best palyer and guild can add some more tags to the belt -.- the day they will merge the server will be the same day i will delete the game from my HD
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    The merge is an epic fail for give to a game only somemore times. do you think's people will rest after the merge whit all the bug we have atm? C'mon -.- the merge is only for pvp, so self clamed best palyer and guild can add some more tags to the belt -.- the day they will merge the server will be the same day i will delete the game from my HD

I don't understand why anyone would be against this. Do you really want the population to drop even lower than it recently has because people get so tired of waiting in queues they move on? It's not just PvP that has longer wait times.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When servers merge, bad sign usually. Means typically a significant drop-off on players on all of them.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Because a merge simply hide the real prob. The lack of the fix on bug, the lack of contect ( nothing to do if you don't like the crappy pvp ), allways same paragon. It's look like they don't realy care of fix all, but they simply add new item on mall all weak -.- We was all excited about the module 1 and in the end come out as an epic fail. We got another nerf, new bugged item, a dungeon whit blue drop on chest, so you ahve to do it a lot of time for get something usefull ( and the fomorian weapon set suck for my class -...- ). So, whit the merge we won't get nothing, and i never waited hour for a dungeon, because in 10 min you can make a 5 man party and go on dungeon. The real prob, is that the fix of the bug isn't the real priority atm, but add new item at shop is the main priority they have.