Install Arc
Options

Please, merge the Shards.

124»

Comments

• Options
    xictusxictus Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd certainly welcome a shard merger and hope that it is soon. However, if Cryptic happens to check this thread, it would even be appreciated if we could get some kind of directional update. We are planning this before year end, or 2014, or we changed our minds and may never do this - whatever their thinking happens to be at present would still be appreciated.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xictus wrote: »
    I'd certainly welcome a shard merger and hope that it is soon. However, if Cryptic happens to check this thread, it would even be appreciated if we could get some kind of directional update. We are planning this before year end, or 2014, or we changed our minds and may never do this - whatever their thinking happens to be at present would still be appreciated.

Yes, they really need to say something about this one way or the other. I'm holding off on spending 500 Zen for 2 extra character slots until after the server merge because I don't want to deal with the ridiculously long queue times for skirmishes and dungeon delves on the way to level 60.
  • Options
    abzerothabzeroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    xictus wrote: »

Uhhh... what are you talking about? We ARE getting information. Time and again they say "the servers will be merged in the future" :D:D:D
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For those having a hard time finding the server merge info.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297631&viewfull=1#post297631

Text below if you feel lazy and don't want to click the link.

Why will Neverwinter have multiple shards when Cryptic's other games run on a single shard?

We believe that having all players in a single game world provides for the best user experience because it allows players to play, interact and trade with others without having to worry about which shard they are on. Launching a new online game is an exciting time, where new hardware and new software meet a large user population for the first time. Hence, we have decided to launch Neverwinter with three shards, to reduce the risk of players having a negative experience due to servers overloading. Our goal is to continue to optimize our software and hardware so that we can merge the three shards into a single seamless game world soon after launch, and we have built our multi-shard technology with this in mind. For example, we are requiring guild names to be unique across all shards, so that when we do merge the shards nobody will have to change their guild name due to a naming conflict.

So you plan on merging the shards into one game world soon after launch. Do you know exactly when?

We don’t have a target date set right now; we want to allow our infrastructure and operations team an open schedule to support launch. We’ll definitely announce and give the community significant warning.
  • Options
    levyosglevyosg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yep true, I read it in FAQ yesterday. Soon after the official launch of the game, shards will merge ^_^
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    levyosg wrote: »
    Yep true, I read it in FAQ yesterday. Soon after the official launch of the game, shards will merge ^_^

Game launched officially in June. How long is soon to you?
  • Options
    yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    firetally wrote: »
    What about instead of merging, cross queue among different servers.

+1

Nice idea :)
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    iteideiteide Member, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ( /tap /tap ) hurry... It's getting hard to find party for dungeons.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yukuaiita wrote: »
    +1

Nice idea :)
    cross queue is ok for pvp dailies, useless for premades and dungeon pugs.
  • Options
    droozeldroozel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    09-14-2013, 08:52 PM #6
    ambisinisterr
    Community Moderator ambisinisterr's Avatar

Shard will be merged in a matter of time.

I understand thins is frustrating in the mean time but please remain patient. It will be a short term problem whether it feels short term or not.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ambisinisterr is not an official spokesman, but a player volunteer. His opinion is not a Cryptic statement.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I don't feel like they will ever merge the shards. To merge them means to accept defeat that their population has gotten too low. For example Bioware had around 2 million people on SWTOR, then they merged shards because at first they had a ton of people trying to get in, then it dropped to where it felt like a ghost town.

If they were to merge shards it would mean a massive drop in the population.
  • Options
    yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cross queue is ok for pvp dailies, useless for premades and dungeon pugs.

Not all are premade ;)
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've checked my shard's pop the last few days by going around the zones during US prime time and counting how many people are in the various instances. Even given that there are people in instanced dungeons etc, the Neverwinter Online shard I am on has fewer people online than Neverwinter Nights 1.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A shard merge is an absolute must. There's no good reason not to do it.