What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So your solution is over nerf a nerfed ability which has been nerf again and again leaving the rogue without any possibilty of dps or a chance in a pvp match cause kids like you cry rivers, I just dont trust you, you pulled the mobs? yea? I dont think so, in the exact moment you pull the mobs near to him and one simple area hit the rogue stunning him, blocking him, etc he practically has no time to refill the stealth. A warrior fighter has an inmunity of 6 seconds which make him inmortal, a guardian fighter has his shield and 4 stunts, a wyzard has an insane crew control, DC can be inmortal with a good build and divinity power, and you propose to over nerf the rogue for one case you "saw". Be honest and admit it, this is about pvp not a fictitious dungeon.
    My main character is a Rogues so I am not at all for nerfing Rogues (or any other class, I hate PvP crybabies), but this is not the first time I read about Rogues in permanent stealth soloing dungeon bosses. Before this I read about a Rogue soloing the first boss in Castle Never.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    REMEMBER PEOPLE...

This build is

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY

VERY VERY VERY VERY

WEAK

Unless you use Greater Tenebrous which ARE NOT CHEAP...
  • Options
    bobylokkobobylokko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello guys.

I am new to Neverwinter, have a week with my character. When I started playing, I Googled a build for my TR, I found this forum. Well I got the level 60 and I just know that TR took a nerf, are you telling me that this build is not so useful today.

Makes me very sad to hear that because I did everything I was sending up only missing items to complete.

I like PVP but also PVE love, I do not think I can make money and AD in PVP right?

Here is my question, this build (which is mine too) is still a good option? Yes I'm a perfectionist, I just climbed DEX / INT on my character. But searching saw that there is a good choice up INT and STR climb would be more feasible.

Please help me, I'm lost!

Sorry for any errors in English, I am using a translator.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Its not your only option,but if you follow another build exept that you will have a slight decrease in power cuz you wasted a lot of points in int stat
  • Options
    jaradofwindcrestjaradofwindcrest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What Sorrow said is somewhat true, but you could also make the Int you invested in work for you. Look into this guide http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?295232-Banelorne-s-Stealth-Based-Executioner-Build where the author has posted a new variant on page 51, post 509 iirc. If that build doesn't interest you, perhaps the scoundrel tree can be of help. With your Int investment lowering your cooldowns, Action Rush may serve you well when coupled with something like Wicked Reminder that can have a cooldown under 3s.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Im thinking of creating another rogue more int based coz u can do some very neat things with the right encounter rotations and very high rsi, yes ur going to take a hit on dps but u will gain a ton of survivabilty... like having 10 sec cd in itc out of which half of the time ur stealthed and half invulnerable.

so no int is not a wasted stat its pretty **** neat.
  • Options
    delita6delita6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited September 2013
    I do not understand why not make a rogue saboteur (perma stealth) without investing in is int focusing on for, dex and silver stone offense I use this combination and works very well
    Too bad my gs and low most believe that when I leave silver rank 7 I can be 100% stealth
    Who plays in dragon server knows the headache that has to fight me
    Harmony
    Server: Rapier
  • Options
    mordethforsakenmordethforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't know how people are able to get to 60 in a week, but I don't have that kind of time to play so I put my faith in this build and spent a LOT of time (and a good deal of frustration) working toward permastealth.

I did it because this matches my play style. I'm a rogue, for sure, but I'm not a "crit you 60K in the face, *****!" rogue. I don't regret it at all. I gotta laugh when people claim permastealth rogues have to rely on a "cheat" of the game because they lack skill. Playing this build correctly is a LOT of work. Timing, positioning, awareness, etc. it all has to be SPOT on. Sure, there are times when you're dealing with someone that reached 60 without PvPing and you can make a couple mistakes here and there, but you get a good player (let alone a team) and ANY little mistake and it's over. I've seen other classes make mistake after mistake and keep going (and they have the nerve to call us skill-less).

Is the build broken? I got to 60 right AFTER the Lurkers/CoS nerf so I don't know what those days were like, but I just logged off a match where: our team won, I was #1, 16 kills, 0 deaths, and 45 assists (was using PotB instead of LB because the other team was GWF/GF heavy). You tell me if it's still viable. I know I had fun.

Also, my pet peeve is people who give up (either sit at that campfire or exit). I can't stand it so I get mouthy, especially when they talk <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about everyone that's staying as they're giving up (like they're some kind of special class of player). The result is, I'm KOS with a number of "13K GS, spec'd for PvP, (self-proclaimed) badasses". I'm no god. There are true badasses out there that can (and do) hand me my lunch, but, for the most part, being on the KOS list of some powerful (note I didn't say good) players doesn't bother me in the least. I do my thing and pretty much ignore them (sure, if they get a chance, they go out of their way to use their daily/take a death/whatever to get to me, but they only get that chance when I screw something up). Is the build broken? I don't think so.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this build.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh yeah, forgot to ridicule "badasses" that tell a permastealth rogue they are "kill on sight"... dumbasses, more like it.
  • Options
    maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    I still think this is a major game breaking exploit to be able to stay in stealth and fight. For those that choose to play this kind of build shame on you, the only word that comes to mind is COWARDS. Hope the devs get their heads out of theirs asses and fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> soon. I play a TR as my main, and this build while creative by the OP, is total horse**** and should not be allowed to stand. As a TR, I am calling for a nerf of the stealth mechanic to this build. While rogues have always been a stealth class, NEVER has it been a permanent fixture for them. Stealth is meant to get the jump on your opponent and a high damage initial attack, not to HIDE from battle like a CHICKEN****!!!!

I know all that use this build will not like this, but I gotta call out the cowardly players that have/are using this exploitation of broken game mechanics. My advice to the devs is to fix this, before it's too late, and PVP becomes even more of a joke than it is right now.
  • Options
    delita6delita6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited September 2013
    maevar1 wrote: »
    I still think this is a major game breaking exploit to be able to stay in stealth and fight. For those that choose to play this kind of build shame on you, the only word that comes to mind is COWARDS. Hope the devs get their heads out of theirs asses and fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> soon. I play a TR as my main, and this build while creative by the OP, is total horse**** and should not be allowed to stand. As a TR, I am calling for a nerf of the stealth mechanic to this build. While rogues have always been a stealth class, NEVER has it been a permanent fixture for them. Stealth is meant to get the jump on your opponent and a high damage initial attack, not to HIDE from battle like a CHICKEN****!!!!

I know all that use this build will not like this, but I gotta call out the cowardly players that have/are using this exploitation of broken game mechanics. My advice to the devs is to fix this, before it's too late, and PVP becomes even more of a joke than it is right now.
    Maevar their way to see the rogues this totally wrong if it was for all rogues are glass cannon because we have 3 different paragons?
    Perma-stealth should rather be the only thing I see wrong with it and that both the execution paragon and scoundrel can become perma-stealth since they invest in INT
    The only advantage of the perma-stealth saboteur and he does not need to invest any point of INT are having a bit of recovery and the gain so much that "insane" AP with Baited Action in epic DG, Expert Sneak beyond that facilitates and very time to hit the gloming cut in pvp

Excuse my bad english and not my primary language of my country.
    Harmony
    Server: Rapier
  • Options
    maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    That's my point, PERMA-stealth is what is wrong! No one can honestly think that is OK. Except like I said, cowards that are playing it!
  • Options
    roxannejadroxannejad Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    to begin my discussion , first in my opinion the perma stealth rogue is one of the weakest strategies a rogue can use , due to several facts :
    1 - does super low damage
    2 - ineffective against adequate and smart opponents because they can break him out of stealth such as a GF knowing his position after he blocks his attack and reacts to it
    3 - in team fights he does minimum to nothing , if he does not get AOE'd or over healed
    4 - its just a ***** strategy
    5 - he's reducing the capabilities of a rogue's damage

now for all those people who QQ about him being unkillable and unbalanced , and for all those people who wants him nerfed , I tell you few things , perma stealth rogues aren't a big deal since theyr easily countered using certain skills and tactics , anyways I would also advice cryptic " if they want to nerf him " not to nerf spells or damage or whatever , don't mess the rogues up again , simply put a recovery cap In a way that no matter how much he stacks he wont get use of it to the degree where shadowstrike and bait and switch aren't on CD whenever his stealth bar is about to end . its as simple as that ! and I personally prefer if you decrease the stealth time a bit , but make him harder to catch , increase his invisibility because he is easily countered ,and stunned , making him the squishiest class !
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    maevar1 wrote: »
    That's my point, PERMA-stealth is what is wrong! No one can honestly think that is OK. Except like I said, cowards that are playing it!

One of these so called " Cowards" happens to be one of the players that has done extensive testing and reaching out the the community to help you and others Neverwinter experience more enjoyable...

Glad to see all his hard work is appreciated... :mad:

Edit: so I clicked on your profile to view your posting history and every single one of your posts since June have been troll posts.... as you supposedly have quit the game as you have posted before....

On that note..good day to you sir.. the exit is stage left.
  • Options
    appl3martiniappl3martini Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hi guys,

quick qn. How do I equip my left hand(off-hand) with a better dagger?
    I cant seem to equip it.
    Everytime I try to equip it, it only equips to my main hand.

Thank you for the clarification!
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Open up your character sheet and then drag it to your off-hand slot.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @maev

DCs are invincible (and can make anyone/everyone in their group *nearly* invincible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7Ja-4IP5g); GFs are nearly invincible and can 1 shot chain-stun-kill anyone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_n8TD4dqaA); DPS TRs can insta-kill anyone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Nq7uJSe1k) and you whine about permastealth???

Move on.
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hi guys,

quick qn. How do I equip my left hand(off-hand) with a better dagger?
    I cant seem to equip it.
    Everytime I try to equip it, it only equips to my main hand.

Thank you for the clarification!

Main hand only wep? Needs to be offhand.
  • Options
    virus84sevirus84se Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stat1_zps2461cc6c.png

The name of this outfit ?? :)
  • Options
    nanners#9564 nanners Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm interesting build, could you possibly tell me how much recovery I need with 18 INT (without any campfire buff) to achieve perma stealth?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's funny to read some of the posts here. I know for a fact that perma-stealth rogues are not cheaters or hackers, but one thing remains...

They are the most annoying PVPers in existence. :cool:

Thank you, drive through.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    rombergreisrombergreis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Int Rogue, you could post a picture of your stats?
  • Options
    omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Int Rogue, you could post a picture of your stats?

I think x3lade has stopped playing you can check out this thread

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?295232-Banelorne-s-Stealth-Based-Executioner-Builds-Maximize-Your-TR-s-Solo-Capabilities

for more info on the perma stealth build as it is more updated version than this one...gl to you
  • Options
    axlinsharpfangaxlinsharpfang Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    omuhao wrote: »
    I think x3lade has stopped playing you can check out this thread

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?295232-Banelorne-s-Stealth-Based-Executioner-Builds-Maximize-Your-TR-s-Solo-Capabilities

for more info on the perma stealth build as it is more updated version than this one...gl to you
    So this isn't the go to for rogue pvp anymore? No wonder I keep getting my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> handed to me in pvp. Doesn't help that I'm a complete **** to NW brand of pvp. I can't get a single kill and just get killed.
  • Options
    locojeanclolocojeanclo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    perm stealt is nerfed?
  • Options
    reverie04reverie04 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is this build still viable or was it nerfed
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    reverie04 wrote: »
    Is this build still viable or was it nerfed

The principle ideas of the guide are still correct but Shocking Execution to a huge nerf.
  • Options
    jaxomruthajaxomrutha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Do you have a suggestion on build when your first starting out the build?
  • Options
    armagawrdarmagawrd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How do you deal with the lantern artifact? Or great weapon fighters that wont die? Or with control wizards that fk you up with their control wizardy stuff.. It looks awesome in your vids and in some games it works really well, but on a whole lot of occasions you're simply food for everyone.. all u do is run around trying to hide..
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    From my experience so far the Lantern has not changed anything. Plus the Lantern is by far a 'weaker' choice when it comes to PvP, you're better off with the pvp Artifact or the healing one, in my personal opinion.
    You deal with GWF's the same way everyone else does. Keeping them busy until help arrives.
    Wizards and Rangers are squishy just like Rogues. If they see you coming then you have an up hill battle to fight. If you get the drop on them, then odds are it is nighty night for the Wizard or Ranger.
    If you spend most of your time running around trying to hide, then you are doing it wrong, and not being an asset to your team.