What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nice guides
    Thank you.
    My website is just a tool to rate guides helping players to choose the best ones.
    x3lade wrote: »
    Yeah you can add the build guide onto your website

Here is your post: http://mmominds.com/2013/08/18/build-guide-int-rogue-perma-stealth-build-with-videos-by-x3lade/

Latter I will try to split each topic in a different tab because the guide is a bit long and will look better and more organized.
    I will also put the videos embedded in place of the links.

Everyone is welcome to rate it.
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    perma stealth build return back ?

at-wills no longer delete stealth meter ? its true ?
    pukmp.jpg
  • emattyematty Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this build viable ?
  • wankwwankw Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This great build is a focusing INT/DEX.

Will a INT/CHA build (with same powers/feats)
    work as good too since u have 100% combat advantage?
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    o_O So uhh... this build still work as intended or did Feywild funk this one up too?
  • lordkelthornlordkelthorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    still make permalock GF whine about permastealth ... so i think its nice....

but word of advice its not easy to play especially without tenebrous and reduce COS charges ....

Now tenebrous price will be skyrocketing because of removal of nighmare lockbox :( be warned.
  • novoic94novoic94 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    man, your stats are impossible to roll. Max is 77 when your stats from roll is sth over 80... How did u get 21 Int, when i'm able to get 12+2 and max 20
  • anakins79anakins79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    novoic94 wrote: »
    man, your stats are impossible to roll. Max is 77 when your stats from roll is sth over 80... How did u get 21 Int, when i'm able to get 12+2 and max 20

campfire pray=+1 stats=epic fail novoic
  • maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    First I must say, Rogue's are my love...In every game I have played, that this class is available, I have played them. I read thru this entire thread and must say, the people that are defending a build like this, quit your whining....you knew this was an exploit even though you won't admit it. Your abuse of a broken mechanic like this just brought it to the devs attention that much quicker.

YES!!!! Stealth is a rogue mechanic!!!! Perma-stealth is not and never has been a staple of this class.

At least you'll exposed a broken game mechanic and it has been fixed, get over it and either leave the game, or deal with it. Personally, I am glad this was fixed, because it is such a blatantly broken game mechanic. I believe the fix the devs came up with is actually a good one. Sure you can stay in stealth all you want, but once you attack, your position should be compromised and you should be popped from stealth. The main mechanic of stealth has always been to either open combat with a high damage sneak attack, or to escape combat and flee to fight another day. It was never to run around in God-Mode and kill everyone you see without impunity. In fact, the players that abused this should in my opinion, be perma-banned for exploiting a broken game mechanic. That is what usually happens with almost every other broken game mechanic that has been exploited to the extent this one has.

Thank You Cryptic for fixing this!!!!
  • desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    maevar1 wrote: »
    Thank You Cryptic for fixing this!!!!

nothing in regards to permastealth got changed, it actually got a buff...what exactly did they fix there? and more interestingly, since they buffed it, why do you think its an exploit? not to mention that you dont know what an exploit is

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    They fixed it how it was originally intended in that you can stay in stealth as long as you don't attack. Once you attack your position is compromised as it should be. The perma stealth build previously allowed you to attack and stay stealthed, THAT HAS BEEN FIXED!!!! Everyone that thought it was right that you could stay stealthed forever AND attack were wrong, as cryptic fixed it
    edited September 2013
    umm, again, what are you talking about?
    NOTHING changed for permastealth besides getting a small buff that lurkers cant be removed anymore

they can still attack from stealth just fine

maybe you are just still hung up on the very old preview changes that never made it into the actual game?

Ah well
    -Desstzo
    edited September 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    Perma-Stealthing does take perfect timing however with your setup you should be able to perform a perma-stealth even if you mess up on timing since you've got a lot of Recovery.

With the up coming nerf, it actually doesn't effect the "Perma-Stealth" unless you attack which will deplete your stealth meter.
    (If Cryptic wanted to nerf Perma-Stealth, they would increase the cool down of Bait and Switch, Shadow Strike doesn't necessary needs to be increase. Alternatively they can make Shadow Strike or Bait and Switch NOT refill 100% Stealth Meter. These changes wont hurt the PvE TRs considering that they don't usually use these encounters)

You should most definitly be able to perform Perma-Stealth with those stats. But it's hard to see what your doing wrong unless I see or watch a video of you trying to do it.

Rotation is.. Bait and Switch then Shadow Strike. Only dodge Roll when Bait and Switch is on CD

I was going by the information in this post by the OP. If this is correct, then attacking from stealth will get rid of the PERMA STEALTH/ATTACK ability. Sure you can run around stealthed all day long, but once you start attacking your stealth meter should be gone almost immediately. If players have already found a way around that, then wait for the incoming fix to be implemented soon, lol.
    edited September 2013
    well, that information is wrong

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • ronnypaulie82ronnypaulie82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rogues are fine, if ur having trouble with one just roll a GWF and lol inmune spam all day
  • xaezlxaezl Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    I was going by the information in this post by the OP. If this is correct, then attacking from stealth will get rid of the PERMA STEALTH/ATTACK ability. Sure you can run around stealthed all day long, but once you start attacking your stealth meter should be gone almost immediately. If players have already found a way around that, then wait for the incoming fix to be implemented soon, lol.

You have to attack to stay in stealth. And FYI, this is working as intended.
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

There's a lot of misconception going on, the quote made about "With the up coming nerf, it actually doesn't effect the Perma-Stealth unless you attack which will deplete your stealth meter. " was when Cryptic was about to implement "At-Will will deplete stealth" nerf. It is also reference on using SF/CoS and not Gloaming Cut. However, Cryptic decided to NOT implement the stealth depleting idea so the quote made is irrelevant.

With the latest patch towards TR, it doesn't effect Perma-Stealthing as nothing changed towards Bait and Switch, Shadow Strike, and the Stealth mechanic. However, slightly reduced it's damage out put since they have reduced CoS from 12 stacks to 8.

But, for those who are using this Build I recommend switching Impact Shot for Lashing Blade as now it is hitting ridiculously high, easily 15-17K crit. (Believe they said something about Encounters properly scaling with power or something)

Rotation:

1. Stealth + CoS
    2. (Overrun Critical) Lashing Blade Critical
    3. Shadow Strike -> Re-Enter Stealth
    4. Wait for Cool Downs and CoS
    5. Bait and Switch (Refill Stealth)
    7. Repeat Step 1
  • pipetstebepipetstebe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've played against you in PvP plenty of times and I just wanted to say GG it was fun trying to chase you around and see how you really play this build without watching it on youtube. Very nice build and playstyle!
  • lordofloosinglordofloosing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've reading about nerfs in the rogue and I got a question, Is this build still viable? I leveled recently a rogue to level 60 with this build and bought the glory pvp set, I know it's not the skulker
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi everyone,
    today I joined into some broken group for CN (I was actually not in any group upon entering this instance; 2 of 5 people did not checked 'ready'). After I ported out I waited and even reloged to get rid of this 'return instance' button which does not let me queue for other dungeons. However this didnt helped, so I returned into the instance.

As I returned I saw the rogue with whom I started going to the spider queen, passing all mobs and soloing it while being in permastealth.

Please dear devs... can you look into the rogue class and fix this problem? It was a very annoying experience, because of this I was also unable to leave my 'instance' until I disturbed the rogue three times by pulling mobs towards him so that he finally gave up.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ^ trolling at its finest/lowest

Why didn't you wait 3 hours to see the if your rogue friend could actually solo everything, btw? ;)
    Also, how did you manage to pull mobs towards a permastealth rogue?
    Finally, you should learn that permastealthing in PVE has nothing in common with this build. You should go make another thread about the annoying experience you had.

PS: /team_leave
    edited September 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    today I joined into some broken group for CN (I was actually not in any group upon entering this instance; 2 of 5 people did not checked 'ready'). After I ported out I waited and even reloged to get rid of this 'return instance' button which does not let me queue for other dungeons. However this didnt helped, so I returned into the instance.

As I returned I saw the rogue with whom I started going to the spider queen, passing all mobs and soloing it while being in permastealth.

Please dear devs... can you look into the rogue class and fix this problem? It was a very annoying experience, because of this I was also unable to leave my 'instance' until I disturbed the rogue three times by pulling mobs towards him so that he finally gave up.

Tell us the truth, you are soooooooo inrage because you cannot do a sh*t with your overpowered GW in pvp when a rogue appears ;).
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yogokou wrote: »
    ^ trolling at its finest/lowest

Why didn't you wait 3 hours to see the if your rogue friend could actually solo everything, btw? ;)
    Also, how did you manage to pull mobs towards a permastealth rogue?
    Finally, you should learn that permastealthing in PVE has nothing in common with this build. You should go make another thread about the annoying experience you had.

PS: /team_leave

If you want to see a troll post, check the response of 'lordofloosing' above. I dont even know why I am responding to you... My post was referring to the permastealth issue this topic came up with. Mobs where all confused, so np to pull them towards the rogue. Oh and your suggestion doesnt work too, since I was in no team there was no team to quit. Anyways, I dont want to go offtopic. Just wanted to say that the problem with permastealth still exists.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
    edited September 2013
    If you want to see a troll post, check the response of 'lordofloosing' above. I dont even know why I am responding to you... My post was referring to the permastealth issue this topic came up with. Mobs where all confused, so np to pull them towards the rogue. Oh and your suggestion doesnt work too, since I was in no team there was no team to quit. Anyways, I dont want to go offtopic. Just wanted to say that the problem with permastealth still exists.

So your solution is over nerf a nerfed ability which has been nerf again and again leaving the rogue without any possibilty of dps or a chance in a pvp match cause kids like you cry rivers, I just dont trust you, you pulled the mobs? yea? I dont think so, in the exact moment you pull the mobs near to him and one simple area hit the rogue stunning him, blocking him, etc he practically has no time to refill the stealth. A warrior fighter has an inmunity of 6 seconds which make him inmortal, a guardian fighter has his shield and 4 stunts, a wyzard has an insane crew control, DC can be inmortal with a good build and divinity power, and you propose to over nerf the rogue for one case you "saw". Be honest and admit it, this is about pvp not a fictitious dungeon.
    edited September 2013
    So your solution is over nerf a nerfed ability which has been nerf again and again leaving the rogue without any possibilty of dps or a chance in a pvp match ....

Oh noes... just encountered a whiner and troll here ;( calling me kid? accusing me of whatsoever? gtfo.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    edited September 2013
    Oh noes... just encountered a whiner and troll here ;( calling me kid? accusing me of whatsoever? gtfo.

So you cut the part you want ignoring the rest of the post where it's explained how hard you cry, go ahead and keep only the parts you want, that resumes perfectly your other posts, nothing more to say.
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Adernath,

I seemed to not have explained myself clearly. I am suggesting that the rogue you saw, had nothing to do with this build. Did you get a chance to inspect him? I am saying this because there are easier ways to achieve permastealth status in pve. This build refers to pvp as it is only required to hit one skill to an enemy to maintain the stealth rotation. In pve, where you can attack constantly, you can simply use your daily Lurker's Assault between cooldowns, to maintain stealth constantly. You can also use Gloaming Cut much more efficiently to keep stealth up. You don't need to use this build.

Will this build work in pve? Sure, provided you can keep your positioning, B&S dummy positioning, and the rotation timers perfectly for 5-30 minutes, depending on boss. Should you go for this build if you are aiming to solo pve content? No need, you only need to differentiate your playstyle slightly from a generic dps build. No need to gimp your damage by spending points in intelligence, use specific blue items and wasting enchantments slots on recovery.

For these reasons I am suggesting that what you saw, was not a permastealth rogue with INT Rogue's build. Your example holds no relevance in this thread. Hope I made it more clear.

As for your move to sabotage the rogue's efforts, I consider it a d**k move (pardon the language). A lot of players enjoy the challenge of soloing bosses, TRs, CWs, GWFs, etc. The rogue was in no way responsible for your problem (it is a known bug), however you decided to waste his time and effort, because you didn't bother finding a workaround? (waiting a few minutes fixes it, changing zones and relogging fixes it usually, or ask him to invite you to a team then kick you since you wanted to leave, plus other stuff you could try). But instead you spent your time going back and sabotaging him. If you didn't agree with his way of playing, you could report him (not sure what to report him about honestly, but w/e). Not sure why you thought you should ruin his efforts and playtime.

Finally, I'm not sure there is a problem with permastealth. The tools are there from the beginning of the game and have not been tampered after so many changes to the rogue, the damage of the build was severely hurt after last patch anyway, and to my experience all the top guilds I've seen don't use builds like this, so it is not even relevant in a competitive pvp level. It is not worth it for Cryptic to tie up any resources here, when there are so many other issues with the game.

As this is slightly off topic, I won't add anything else on this.
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hi everyone,

You encountered a rogue with this kind of build. And there is nothing broken here, move along.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?295232-Banelorne-s-Stealth-Based-Executioner-TR-Build
    edited September 2013
    @yogokou

yes i get it that i probably posted in the wrong topic. Sorry for that. I didnt wanted to make a new topic for a known 'problem'. Anyways... relogging and changing instances didnt helped. Waiting didnt helped. I was stuck in this f**ing instance for over 1 hour and unable to queue anything else. I was (and still am) sure the reason was, that this rogue was in there all the time. Since he did not responded to my whispers I felt that i had to take this action. + I felt it completely wrong when some class can solo a CN(hc) boss. Now I stop being offtopic :)
    - Dualspec
    - Armory