What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• Options
    mafyalmanmafyalman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm confused which one is good 17str21dex or 21str17dex the last page u put 2ss whether we choose
  • Options
    fresh0utlawfresh0utlaw Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alright nice
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mafyalman wrote: »
    I'm confused which one is good 17str21dex or 21str17dex the last page u put 2ss whether we choose
    I focus on DEX and INT

alright nice
    no problem, good to see that the build can still be viable
  • Options
    blaide01blaide01 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    why u dont put a pic of u ability point;);)
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sadly this, and some other changes was the game changer for me. Sadly I think I'm done.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    Using the same build and gear

Yeah I still think its still viable. For starters, you can still hold a capture point, keeping it contested against multiple enemies and remain in stealth 100% of the time (just don't attack).

Because At-Wills now deplete Stealth you'll have to use it at the right time.

1. Use it at the very start when your in stealth (When B&S and SS is not on CD), you can use all 8 CoS and remain in stealth, then quickly refill stealth.

2. Use At-Wills when you have SS ready, that way when you do get your Stealth completely depleted you can refill it back right away then continue the perma-stealth.

3. However, I think its best to use SS at the very last milisecond of Stealth, that way you Daze the target and because of its slow animation speed, you will be taken out of Stealth. So in this scenario, you have a target that cant attack because of the Daze effect and you will then spam all 8 CoS, then quickly go back into stealth. Rinse and Repeat, it will work in 1v1 situations however when fighting multiple players, it will be a bit more tricky. You may have to rely on the Decoy from Bait and Switch to shield you from incoming damage when your not in stealth.

Or we can have a great game and not have perma stealth. I don't get the appeal of making a gimmick class that isn't intended and I hope stealth is fixed some day so a 60% uptime is difficult.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Or we can have a great game and not have perma stealth. I don't get the appeal of making a gimmick class that isn't intended and I hope stealth is fixed some day so a 60% uptime is difficult.

100% uptime is already difficult to achieve, for starters you would need to re-roll a new TR that has high INT base ability score, second you would need a lot of Recovery.

After that, you would need an immense amount of practice with the Perma-Stealth Rotation, making sure you don't use the Encounters too quickly or too soon or you wont be able to Perma-Stealth, we're talking about reading the Stealth Meter in Milliseconds only through observation. Don't forget that this is in real time when you also must have Field Awareness and paying close observation on your enemies actions and movements, getting hit once from any damage source will reduce your stealth meter making it harder to calculate the exact timing to continue the Perma-Stealth rotation and most of the time, the calculation is awfully bad that you WONT make it through for another Stealth Refill, ending up stopping the Perma-Stealth Rotation.
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    100% uptime is already difficult to achieve, for starters you would need to re-roll a new TR that has high INT base ability score, second you would need a lot of Recovery.

After that, you would need an immense amount of practice with the Perma-Stealth Rotation, making sure you don't use the Encounters too quickly or too soon or you wont be able to Perma-Stealth, we're talking about reading the Stealth Meter in Milliseconds only through observation. Don't forget that this is in real time when you also must have Field Awareness and paying close observation on your enemies actions and movements, getting hit once from any damage source will reduce your stealth meter making it harder to calculate the exact timing to continue the Perma-Stealth rotation and most of the time, the calculation is awfully bad that you WONT make it through for another Stealth Refill, ending up stopping the Perma-Stealth Rotation.

You must be joking. Permastealth is so easy to maintain as long as you have the right gear and spec. Good job trying to make it out to be a spec that requires tons of skill and perfect timing when the opposite is true.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It is astonishing to me that you're hinging your enjoyment on the game on ruining it for others.
    Stealth isn't a problem in this game, and these changes break the rogue class.

It's a great game without any of these changes to rogues.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    latvianpr0latvianpr0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im a new player and I wanted to ask is this build still the best rogue build after the enw patch?

Or shall I go for a more dps based rogue now?

Thank You
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    latvianpr0 wrote: »
    Im a new player and I wanted to ask is this build still the best rogue build after the enw patch?

Or shall I go for a more dps based rogue now?

Thank You

"Best" depends on how you enjoy playing. Do you like sneaking around or do you like killing everything? If the latter, then this build is not working well on the test server. You can certainly make it work, but it requires very skilled timing.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    getoneshot wrote: »

You must be joking. Permastealth is so easy to maintain as long as you have the right gear and spec. Good job trying to make it out to be a spec that requires tons of skill and perfect timing when the opposite is true.

All I did was state the facts.
    1. If you get hit while in stealth, your Stealth Meter partially gets depleted.
      True, what this means is that when your Stealth Meter is lowered, your CD's on Bait and Switch must be ready on time, if not and you get taken out of stealth, B&S wont refill Stealth which ends up stopping your Perma-Stealth Rotation.

Also, when looking at your Stealth Meter, it doesn't show how long your stealth is in seconds or milliseconds, your pretty much predicting and estimating the duration. Can you look at a Stealth Meter and tell yourself how much seconds and milliseconds it has? However, with constant practice you can get a general idea on when to refill Stealth so you don't do it too soon or too late.

Is it easy to never get hit once? Most likely no. Check this video out at 4:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxiaQnEN53I&t=4m0s, x3lade dodges a Stealthed Lashing Blade, not even fricken sure how he predicted that coming but I guarantee most players would have taken that hit.

2. You must have Field Awareness, additionally keep close observation on your targets Actions and Movement.
      True, the reason why you need Field Awareness is to avoid any harmful AoE, once again getting hit once will screw up your Stealth Meter timing. Close observation on your targets Movement is required because you kind of got to predict their movement path so they don't end up running into you, you must keep a minimum distance or they will see you even if your Stealthed.

However, you claim it is easy to maintain Perma-Stealth as long as you have the right Gear and Spec. I don't think so, having the right Gear and Spec can only take you so far with this playstyle, it's not like that once you've gotten the same Gear and Spec, you'd automatically be up at x3lade's level and skills because "it's easy to maintain Perma-Stealth".
  • Options
    neuroman23neuroman23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looks like this spec is back in business?

New update:

"At-Wills no longer deplete stealth meter."
  • Options
    yalmaneryalmaner Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Which dungeon drop Blue items(ring amu) it's very expensive for new player
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    All I did was state the facts.
    1. If you get hit while in stealth, your Stealth Meter partially gets depleted.
      True, what this means is that when your Stealth Meter is lowered, your CD's on Bait and Switch must be ready on time, if not and you get taken out of stealth, B&S wont refill Stealth which ends up stopping your Perma-Stealth Rotation.

Also, when looking at your Stealth Meter, it doesn't show how long your stealth is in seconds or milliseconds, your pretty much predicting and estimating the duration. Can you look at a Stealth Meter and tell yourself how much seconds and milliseconds it has? However, with constant practice you can get a general idea on when to refill Stealth so you don't do it too soon or too late.

Is it easy to never get hit once? Most likely no. Check this video out at 4:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxiaQnEN53I&t=4m0s, x3lade dodges a Stealthed Lashing Blade, not even fricken sure how he predicted that coming but I guarantee most players would have taken that hit.

2. You must have Field Awareness, additionally keep close observation on your targets Actions and Movement.
      True, the reason why you need Field Awareness is to avoid any harmful AoE, once again getting hit once will screw up your Stealth Meter timing. Close observation on your targets Movement is required because you kind of got to predict their movement path so they don't end up running into you, you must keep a minimum distance or they will see you even if your Stealthed.

However, you claim it is easy to maintain Perma-Stealth as long as you have the right Gear and Spec. I don't think so, having the right Gear and Spec can only take you so far with this playstyle, it's not like that once you've gotten the same Gear and Spec, you'd automatically be up at x3lade's level and skills because "it's easy to maintain Perma-Stealth".

The truth

Some people love to come to the forums and say "meh, no skill build, blablabla, cheese build, blablabla", but 90% of those guys NEVER played the build, and im inclined to think they never played rogue class either.

Indeed the rotation is easy, it consists of 2 skills on the proper timing, but thats the ONLY easy thing on it. The build spins around much more than just casting encounters on the proper timing.

-positioning
    -map awareness
    -attention to stealth bar
    -timing
    -knowing how to pick your opponents
    -knowing how to move around the capping areas
    -having emergency scape plans set when rotation is messed up

All of the above are core for the build, 1 mistake on any of them and you will be beaten to a pulp by any class. Some people just cant see beyond the easy part of the build, they forget (or dont know for starters) the slightest damage can make your stealth go down the drain and you will need to make backup scape plan fast or lay down their opponents before stealth goes away.

Many times while backcapping i would stumble on 2 or 3 players going to stop me, and when running away was required, i would jump off the flag, make a B&S clone facing towards the next flag (the clone is always facing towards where you are running when you cast it) but would circle around and return to flag to cap it and my enemies would zerg to where they thought i was going untill they realise i never went there.

Knowing the perks and flaws of the build and milking the best of it make all the difference . In another words, the player skills count more than just the build and gear.
  • Options
    fyuukzfyuukz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Had a reroll for free, and saw this different rogue build, ive tried it and man i dominated in pvp like crazy, even with 900 recovery. I had old t1/t2 gear with crit and power. Didn't work as perma stealth but i had so long stealth, and the people were spamming like crazy to me lol. Was funny, but the downside of this, now i can't que in dungeons because my dmg dropped alot and every class outdps me. Didn't notice it was ment for pvp only, so was my bad. Overall awesome build and guide, loved it.
  • Options
    hobbsba76hobbsba76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I focus on DEX and INT

i thought your ability sheet showed str and int
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    hobbsba76 wrote: »

i thought your ability sheet showed str and int

Theres two versions of it, one a old version and the other is a new updated version. The old version of perma-stealth uses STR and INT (and was a scoundrel/saboteur hybrid), the New updated version uses DEX and INT (and is an executioner)
  • Options
    yalmaneryalmaner Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PLS X3lade u tell me where i find blue items(jewerly) which dungeon ? belt is 150k ring 60k very expensive for blue items exp new player
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    yalmaner wrote: »
    PLS X3lade u tell me where i find blue items(jewerly) which dungeon ? belt is 150k ring 60k very expensive for blue items exp new player

I bought them in the auction house, I believe you can get them from being top score in a PvP match (random blue item). Other then that, I'm not sure if you can get it in a dungeon
  • Options
    d20masterd20master Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, all.

My rogue just hit 60 and I've been using this guide since I first rolled her human following the stats/powers/feats exactly. Only thing is, I don't think the tenerbrous enchant setup is a reality for me. I know is a nice bit of damage but if I was going to skip it, what gear stats should I focus on with my off-set gear pieces and enchantments? Crit, recovery, armor penetration, or any other suggestion or do those enchants really make/break the build?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    d20master wrote: »
    Hey, all.

My rogue just hit 60 and I've been using this guide since I first rolled her human following the stats/powers/feats exactly. Only thing is, I don't think the tenerbrous enchant setup is a reality for me. I know is a nice bit of damage but if I was going to skip it, what gear stats should I focus on with my off-set gear pieces and enchantments? Crit, recovery, armor penetration, or any other suggestion or do those enchants really make/break the build?

Thanks.

The tene's really help a lot. I recently had a fight where my opponent had about 5% health and dodge my attack that was meant to finish him off, it turns out even if they dodge the attack the tene's will still proc seconds later which ended up killing him. Tene's do necrotic damage so it's "pure damage" ignoring armor reduction etc... which helps killing tanky enemies such as GF's and GWF's. Tene's also contributes to dismounting enemies.

But if you really don't like tene's then I guess an alternative would be azure for more crit chance
  • Options
    yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi, thanks for taking the time to put up this well explained, very detailed thread, helped me a lot when I started playing the game about 1 month ago.

Question, have you had the chance to check upcoming items in Feywild? Are there any higher recovery items that could potentially replace current neck/ring/waist/offhand items?
  • Options
    senandrien3senandrien3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love this build. I am a loner pvper trying to win every match possible. This build gave me the chance to cap everything and don't fight mindlessly in the middle of nowhere. I although try to succeed with 17 INT but I still do it. Thanks a lot for this, really genius build.
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    The tene's really help a lot. I recently had a fight where my opponent had about 5% health and dodge my attack that was meant to finish him off, it turns out even if they dodge the attack the tene's will still proc seconds later which ended up killing him. Tene's do necrotic damage so it's "pure damage" ignoring armor reduction etc... which helps killing tanky enemies such as GF's and GWF's. Tene's also contributes to dismounting enemies.

But if you really don't like tene's then I guess an alternative would be azure for more crit chance

Dark then Azure - Armor Pen for the win. That's my struggle with this build also but they have to understand, this is a pure stealth, PvP build. To make it more versatile for PvE and PvP you'll want 2400 Armor Pen and loose the swift footwork and twilight adept in the Heroic feats in favor of more DPS. The difference will be a gain in DPS and a loss of that ability to not die in PvP... hehe. You may loose some of the tene's but they are ridiculously expensive and way OP anyway. I would expect a cap on them sooner or later.
  • Options
    topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello x3lade,
    I was reading your guide and it is really good. Can I add it to http://mmominds.com?
    Thanks for your great work.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    topguides wrote: »
    Hello x3lade,
    I was reading your guide and it is really good. Can I add it to http://mmominds.com?

nice guides
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    topguides wrote: »
    Hello x3lade,

Yeah you can add the build guide onto your website
  • Options
    mordethforsakenmordethforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How did you get such high ability scores? I'm at 45 and it looks impossible to reach. I have 17 str, 12 con, 18 dex, 18 int, 11 wis, 14 cha; and this is my first 60 so I'm not certain, but it looks like I only have 8 more points coming, which will leave me at 18 str, 13 con, 20 dex, 20 int, 12 wis, 15 cha; which is almost exactly 1 below each of yours: 18 str, 14 con, 22 dex, 21 int, 13 wis, 16 cha (I added 1 to str at lvl 10 because I was trying to reach your 18 str and hadn't realized there was no way the other abilities were going to make it to your scores. If I had added that 1 to dex instead, I would be exactly 1 below each of yours). Are those listings after a campfire bonus or pot or something?
  • Options
    ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

Thanks for the guide, it's great :)

Is this build gonna be viable after rogue nerf in next patch/expansion?

Thanks again