Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.5.20130911a.5

Comments

• Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    As has been stated on this thread: These notes have been available for the past 6 days. If you ever want to see pending/upcoming patch notes instead of waiting the day of, check the Preview shard notes. Almost invariably those make their way over to our side.

Sorry for your loss, though I hope the wording was just poorly worded and also includes those sitting in inventory.

I think the problem with changes like this is not everyone reads the forums. Changing BoE items to BoP shouldn't be retroactive. Just change future items.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Rogue stealth has been been bugged since open beta began, no idea if unstoppable was bugged longer as I only started when Open beta began, but it too was bugged out then.

However unstoppable bugs out far more often than stealth, and stealth bug only started happening often enough to be super annoying within the last few weeks.

thus I agree that the priority should be unstoppable and then stealth, but don't act like the stealth bug is some new thing and we should "wait our turn" to get it fixed.

Ideally cryptic would have more than 1 bug fixer on their dev team and everything that is bugged would be fixed in a timely manner, but that's not likely to happen so.

no mention of fixing the tame the hounds daily in realm of Malabog? that's the last quest that bugs out though it doesn't bug out as often as dryads or guardians.

Also no fix to graphics bugs with AOE displays? specifically dragons which have been bugged since fotf was released? I don't mind I like CN stuff selling for a lot its the only way to make AD nowadays, but it has to be the most complained about bug besides the daily quest ones. certainly more reports on it than you gimping scalefather cus he's "too hard" boohoo. solo'd that encounter with every character class when level appropriate cus i'm not terrible at video games crew, checking in.
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As has been stated on this thread: These notes have been available for the past 6 days. If you ever want to see pending/upcoming patch notes instead of waiting the day of, check the Preview shard notes. Almost invariably those make their way over to our side.

Sorry for your loss, though I hope the wording was just poorly worded and also includes those sitting in inventory.

Well you see, what he really meant to say was that he purchased all these items so that when they were made bind on purchase he would have a stockpile of BoE that would go up in price so he could sell on the AH, not for the fictional alts.
  • Options
    najliahnajliah Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not really sure why they have to decrease the difficulty of the Godfather.
    Get out of red circles, pop a lot of potions or take the quest when you are a few levels higher.
    It's frustrating but challenging since it's one of those solo quest you have to use your brain rather than just hack and slash.
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hayrinen wrote: »
    What am I going to do now with the wererats and blades I bought form AH that I intended to give to my alts? I think warning beforehand would have been a polite thing to do.

I am extremely dissappointed with this game now.

They stay unbound if you bought them before patch, at least mine have stayed before similar patches.
  • Options
    unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To all the people that are raging about bugs, be thankful they're at least attempting too fix them... Try playing another well known PWE game for a few years, and learning that any time a bug was discovered, it would linger for months while the GM's told us week after week that they're "Still waiting on a patch from China for the fix." Because the game was just a port... Even then it might not have be fixed, or better yet, when they finished localizing the files for use in their version of the game it would make the bugs even worse.
  • Options
    levonklevonk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gateway is now Borked. Anyone notice? Cannot use the Switch Character function, it hangs. After you hit Change Character, you have to refresh the screen (F5) in order for it to load, otherwise it hangs.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for fixing some of the things.

Please put the following next on your priority list.

1.) The dragons aoe and skills shooting other areas not where the red circles are.

2.) The tranquility enchantments

3.) The TR stealth bug.

Once again, thanks for at least some progress. Especially on that infuriating dryad quest.
    Keep up the good work. You have retained me and my money for another month.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    levonk wrote: »
    Gateway is now Borked. Anyone notice? Cannot use the Switch Character function, it hangs. After you hit Change Character, you have to refresh the screen (F5) in order for it to load, otherwise it hangs.

Ditto. Not sure if its due to a rush of people (since NW just reopened) or what. But I'll be keeping an eye on this.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gateway is actually disconnecting me every time I try to switch characters.

Edit: Immediately refreshing does seem to be preventing the logging out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I think the problem with changes like this is not everyone reads the forums. Changing BoE items to BoP shouldn't be retroactive. Just change future items.

Yeah, they could have done the same thing as what they did to our Purple DD items. Again, maybe its just a wording thing that it got misphrased. Won't know until I log in tonight or if someone updates people on it.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nothing about Rouge Stealth Bug and Fulminarox Bug >.<
  • Options
    levonklevonk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guys stop complaining about which bugs they didn't fix yet and focus on what they broke with this patch.

Please roll back the Gateway changes.
  • Options
    invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2013
    Ditto. Not sure if its due to a rush of people (since NW just reopened) or what. But I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Ditto. Definitely cannot switch characters. You can see a Javascript error in the console.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ditto. Definitely cannot switch characters. You can see a Javascript error in the console.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?488931-Gateway-Disconnects

Guess we can take our requests to get it fixed here, since someone already opened a bug report.

Edit: Possible solution found. Try it out, give the thread a response with the results.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Thank you for fixing some of the things.

Please put the following next on your priority list.

1.) The tranquility enchantments

Once again, thanks for at least some progress. Especially on that infuriating dryad quest.
    Keep up the good work. You have retained me and my money for another month.

Yes, please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Content and Environments
    • Pirates' Skyhold: Reclamation: The Scalefather no longer calls elite reinforcements to battle and instead only calls minions to his side to bring the level of difficulty of this quest to a more appropriate state.
    • Pirates' Skyhold: Scoundrel's Retreat: Many encounters have been reduced to more appropriate numbers and the overall pacing has been improved.

Classes and Balance
      • Control Wizard: Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Companion no longer gets credit from this attack
      • Great Weapon Fighter: Resolved an issue that could cause Unstoppable from properly activating under certain circumstances.

Solo PvE Balance: always good.
    MOAR PLZ.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The TR bug isn't related to the GWF bug at all. GWFs had to put up with their unstoppable being broken since BETA. Now, I sincerely hope it doesn't take them 3 months to fix your bug, but TRs chill the hell out. It's being actively worked on which is much more of a cohesive, quick response than the GWFs ever got.
    You do know that stealth has been bugged since start of open beta, right? so yeah 5 months still broken.

something they changed in the last few weeks makes it bug out way more often than before, but it's always been broken.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You do know that stealth has been bugged since start of open beta, right? so yeah 5 months still broken.

something they changed in the last few weeks makes it bug out way more often than before, but it's always been broken.
    I have a TR and never experienced the stealth bug until after feywild was released.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    TRANQUIL ENCHANTMENT! Currently a complete and utter waste of a slot and PW should be ashamed it is being put in a lockbox like it works. This enchant is nothing other then a pos.

We will see if it ever gets fixed. Maybe when it does people will start to open more FEYWILD Boxes. Tenebrous enchant help sell KEYS for the Nightmare box. But this garbage called TRANQUIL ENCHANTMENT should be avoided like the plague.
    http:// http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?459281-Tranquil-enchant-Trash-enchant/page2

OMG , you're kidding right? I got 2 of these last night just before I logged off and equipping them lost me 300 Gs but I guessed that the effect would make it worthwhile , looks like that was money down the drain , lucky I can replace them with a couple of other rank 6 enchantments -_-* ....

Why the hell are they fixing non issues like scenery that barely anybody sees nowadays when they have issues like this pervading the game???
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Let's see today if this Unstop bug is actually fixed...
  • Options
    edited September 2013

That I didn't. Thanks for the correction.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    acidalbatrossacidalbatross Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Look at that, it seems they've actually addressed some things that people have been moaning about constantly. How 'bout dat? Guess all you need is patience.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can anybody even log in? Every patch seems to break my heart even more. But we do get another useless mount reskin so all is not lost.:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    jediknight16jediknight16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When will we get a fix for gauntlgrym pvp ? I think someone in cryptic doesn't have any sense of priorities ... There are huge bugs compromising gameplay and player's fun since weeks or more, and none of them is fixed. Are we gonna need to wait one year ? Would like to know who's in charge of debug and decide what bug to solve
  • Options
    nalikknalikk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It seems gateway is less stable now. Every time I switch chars I get disconnected. The interface and transitions between views are now sluggish as well. It would be very nice if responsive was forgotten about and a native iOS / Android client were created in place.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I guess it would've been too much to ask for a little break of ten minutes before we moved on to moaning about the next issue.
  • Options
    invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2013
    I guess it would've been too much to ask for a little break of ten minutes before we moved on to moaning about the next issue.

Well, they broke the gateway. Is that a valid complaint at this juncture?
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited September 2013

I really think they should put up the patch notes at least 24 hours before they go live, here in this forum that most ppl read. (I check patch notes every day) I never thought I would have to dig updates out somewhere else.
    This will make me more precocious how I spend the guilds money in the future (Not that there is a large variety of stuff you can buy for gold)

I have no problem with the gateway.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The Gateway isn't a feature I use, I'm more concerned with the game itself being functional, or being made more so. With a major bug supposedly addressed, not to mention that Realm of Malabog quests which were broken as well, are now in fact, working.
This discussion has been closed.