Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.5.20130911a.5

13»

Comments

• Options
    sfleming112671sfleming112671 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi I just downloaded this game for the first time this morning, and I keep getting "Connecting to the account server timed out" message. Is this normal after a patch on a patch day? It appears looking at the client I have the very latest patch NW.5.20130911a.5.
  • Options
    fineousreesefineousreese Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    were the patch notes at the start of this thread the full patch notes? I ask because there was no mention that professions are changing so you can only do a single "emergency hire" rather than rehiring with as many open slots as are available.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    [*]Sharandar: Bearing Arms: Interactive objects on this quest should now properly reset if the player disconnects.

[*]Sharandar: Patching Things Up: Resolved an issue where the wounds were sometimes not respawning when a player disconnected.

Thank you for this. I ran through everything 5 times today and had no issues at all.
  • Options
    enfuriaenfuria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about fixing the last boss of Malabog's Castle so he doesnt automatically perma target someone after he comes down from the first airphase. The only 2 things people really wanted fixed from this patch was the new dungeon working properly, and the new dailies not bugged to the point where you cant even do them in the realm of malabog. Unstoppable being bugged was of less concern than not being able to do the last boss of malabog's castle just because he auto targets someone permanently and you have to let that person die to fix the bug. you guys need to do more Hot Fixes, its where something is so unbelievably bugged that it needs to be addressed/fixed immediately. So far the only things you guys have hotfixed is relating to your income or a bug that has an affect on that income. The people want content that works, please do not release it if it doesn't work because it makes people upset. If you want to be one of the next big MMOs and make a LOT of money, these are simple things along the way that you can do to make your customers feel more appreciated. Don't say you fixed something if you really didnt fix it, and if the people are blowing up your forums about something being broken, hot fix it. That's one of the main reasons blizzard has made a fortune from WoW. It's because they dont release content that doesnt work, and they address all of the issues on their tuesday patches. If something like not being able to do a boss because of a bug happens, they fix it immediately with a hot fix. I understand this is a new game, but it sounds like you got some people over there who are being lazy. I really wish you guys over at perfect world would get it together because this game has a lot of potential. I quit playing WoW for this game and i really would like to see it take off and be the next big mmo.

Thank you guys for all your hard work thus far. I just felt that there was a few things that needed to be addressed, i hope someone over there hears my concerns :)

Xiphos
  • Options
    anolaniaheanolaniahe Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi I just downloaded this game for the first time this morning, and I keep getting "Connecting to the account server timed out" message. Is this normal after a patch on a patch day? It appears looking at the client I have the very latest patch NW.5.20130911a.5.
    I have also noticed this issue and try repatching and nothing
  • Options
    junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    User Interface
    • Character Creation/Alterationist: Characters should no longer disappear in certain circumstances and graphics settings and or cards.

What about the second mini-dungeon after you get in Protector Enclave (when you go kill Nashers to get back the crown?). The monsters are still invisible there.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    junichirou wrote: »
    What about the second mini-dungeon after you get in Protector Enclave (when you go kill Nashers to get back the crown?). The monsters are still invisible there.

its been like that for over a month now, some of the other instances in the first few questing zones are just as bad, all have been well posted about and reported many times, But dont worry i am sure they are 'looking into it' like everything else that gets reported ^^
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Look at that, it seems they've actually addressed some things that people have been moaning about constantly. How 'bout dat? Guess all you need is patience.

Though the fix is nice (logging on to try out Unstop via several means now), it should NOT have taken this long to fix it. It's been there since open beta!!!!
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Was also wondering about the stealth nerf to Emergency Hire. Why not list that in the patch notes.
  • Options
    trice11trice11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Switching characters crashes the gateway
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    trice11 wrote: »
    Switching characters crashes the gateway

yep 99% of the time for me.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    philmanpw wrote: »
    Was also wondering about the stealth nerf to Emergency Hire. Why not list that in the patch notes.

While I can understand the reasoning behind this change, I agree it should have been documented.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    denarindenarin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gotta love the fact they add more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> before fixing the original <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, with the exception of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that has nothing to do with game play. So who will take the hit in the company when a new mmo comes out (elder scrolls) and they are no longer making money on zen because everybody left the game?
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gateway crash has been reported and looked into. It will not be fixed until next week at the earliest.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?489061-Gateway-broken-cant-quot-change-character-quot-anymore-get-timeout&p=6084111&viewfull=1#post6084111
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the GWF update!, I hated it when unstoppable mode froze just when i get piled in a PVP/PVE situation..
    PS, I was hoping that we would get an update in the 6th class, at least any insight on it, so are we going to see any news about it soon?. I was planning to create another account, and want it to have this new class :) (Hopefully it would be a real ranger this time).

Ps, This is still my most favorite game, specially love the fact that you guys don't force players to spend money on this, you guys just release stuff to purchase and buying or not is totally a player's choice (just 'cause i'm not forced i feel like buying something just to feel like i'm helping you guys, but i need time..).
    Thanks a lot for making such a freakishly addictive game ;]
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [QUOTE=dezstravus;6078311
    Items and Economy
    • The Wererat and Jagged Dancing Blade companions are now Bind on Pickup as intended. Existing versions on the Auction Hall or in a player's mailbox will bind to the next player to take possession of the item.
    [/QUOTE]

Let me get this right, if I have one of these items in
    1) Auction House
    2) A Mail box

then,

1) If the item doesn't sell, it will ultimately be bound to the character that reclaims it from the mail? Therefore I will never be a ble to sell this item again, after it expires in AH?
    2) I try to remove this item from mail box, it will become bound to that character?

If both of these are correct, I'm absolutely disgusted. There are alot of things which annoy the hell out of me in this game, a game which I still love but this is taking the cake. I need confirmation on this please, and if it is the case I'd like a mod to advise as the best way to officially complain about this, I'm guessing ticket, or perhaps here?
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The patch killed my launcher. I had to use the 'task manager' trick. Now I am currently patching the patch of the patch for the patch. See, I patched on 9/18/13. It was 731MB. No biggie. Played all night (days off!) Even played last night before work and all was well. A few hours ago that wasn't the case. The launcher was buried and now I'm backward patching to NW.5.20130911a.4 which was where I was on the the 18th when I went to a.5. Goofiest game launcher I ever saw. I'll be in patch city if ya need me....
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see you managed to break the quest Tomorrow and Tomorrow for those of us that were in the quest when the patch was issued.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Let me get this right, if I have one of these items in
    1) Auction House
    2) A Mail box

then,

1) If the item doesn't sell, it will ultimately be bound to the character that reclaims it from the mail? Therefore I will never be able to sell this item again, after it expires in AH?
    2) I try to remove this item from mail box, it will become bound to that character?

This is pretty much how it worked when they made the reinforced bracers BoP...I was pretty annoyed about that, as I had several bracers in stock, but fortunately I was aware of this in advance, and was able to sell my stock on the AH in time, so I managed to break even on those items.

...but this was one of the reasons why I decided not to spend a dime more on the game.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    This is pretty much how it worked when they made the reinforced bracers BoP...I was pretty annoyed about that, as I had several bracers in stock, but fortunately I was aware of this in advance, and was able to sell my stock on the AH in time, so I managed to break even on those items.

...but this was one of the reasons why I decided not to spend a dime more on the game.

Funny thing is, I only have one each of these items, but I was saving them specifically for new characters, whom can not receive them now. If I was pre-warned, like with what you mentioned then I'd accept that, but not this way, unacceptable.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I am actually surprised that the blade and wererat weren't already BoP from the Feywild launch mega-patch, since they're both bought with currencies that had been announced then as having everything bought with them made BoP.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2013
    LOL..
    @NW Devs (If they are actually even reading these..):
    From the beginning, when you guys stated "cannot be sold" on items or had special shops for certain items, you probably meant that it could not be sold on AH either.
    But, the thing is, if you give a baby a lollipop and just take it back, the baby is going to cry. Just like that, you can't just take away a feature in this game that the players liked, whether it was a mistake or not. Specially 'cause this is a MMORPG, you guys already got a massive player base, which is now a pissed off player base.
    Just try to plan out these updates beforehand.
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    hellrated wrote: »
    From the beginning, when you guys stated "cannot be sold" on items or had special shops for certain items, you probably meant that it could not be sold on AH either.

"Cannot be sold" expressly means you cannot sell the item to a vendor. Items that are not bound but state "cannot be sold" can still be traded between players. The complaints are in regard to changing various items from BoE to BoP, but this is not relevant to whether or not any item is flagged as un-vendorable.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2013
    "Cannot be sold" expressly means you cannot sell the item to a vendor. Items that are not bound but state "cannot be sold" can still be traded between players. The complaints are in regard to changing various items from BoE to BoP, but this is not relevant to whether or not any item is flagged as un-vendorable.

Right, I just meant it this way referring to the "Cannot be sold" items which are BoE/BoP (thought it was implied :/ ), Eg. PVP gear sold for glory .
    Either way, they made sure that such items which are available on "special shops" are only bought from those special shops..
    In-game Characters:
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeh, just like when they had a feature that basically told the player base that companions could be unbound, or could be at some point, then they removed it. They sure meant that.
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Which ones aren't working? the ones I have equipped so far seem to be working as intended but then I have only used 2 different ones so far.

Perfect Elven Battle Enchantment... does nothing. Broken. The lower ones work.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

it is just another one to add to the long long list of bad (if not deliberately) missleadingly worded tooltips within the game, It should of course read "can not be vendored".

Many items i have come across in game, including Special event items are tooltipped " can not be sold" or "can not be Discarded" but you can put them all up on the AH which is totaly stupid, and for most new players this is very missleading
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Funny thing is, I only have one each of these items, but I was saving them specifically for new characters, whom can not receive them now. If I was pre-warned, like with what you mentioned then I'd accept that, but not this way, unacceptable.

Actually you did. The patch notes from Preview shard were up something like 6-7 days before it, inevitably, went to the live server. However, I agree that there needs to be better clarity in these announcements, since not everything from the preview shard immediately makes its way over to the Live.
    contents to be decided
This discussion has been closed.