test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.5.20130911a.5

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Audio
  • Cerandis Greenward, Merrisara Winterwhite, Pelendethas Everstride and Thradisar Starwise have all had minor Voice Over audio fixes applied.
  • Ilyiyasha Guidingstar now has German Voice Over callouts.
  • Valindra's audio tells on her attacks should now properly play as expected.

Content and Environments
  • Cloak Tower: Resolved an issue that caused the final campfire to not spawn before the fight with Vansi.
  • Pirates' Skyhold: Portions of the ceiling will no longer vanish from view from certain camera angles.
  • Pirates' Skyhold: Reclamation: The Scalefather no longer calls elite reinforcements to battle and instead only calls minions to his side to bring the level of difficulty of this quest to a more appropriate state.
  • Pirates' Skyhold: Scoundrel's Retreat: Many encounters have been reduced to more appropriate numbers and the overall pacing has been improved.
  • Sharandar: Bearing Arms: Interactive objects on this quest should now properly reset if the player disconnects.
  • Sharandar: Patching Things Up: Resolved an issue where the wounds were sometimes not respawning when a player disconnected.
  • Sharandar Campaign: Unlock Malabog's Castle: This task now lists the required Gear Score of Malabog's Castle in the task description.

Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Companion no longer gets credit from this attack
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Resolved an issue that could cause Unstoppable from properly activating under certain circumstances.

Foundry
  • 3D Editor: Clicking on any field should no longer increment the Y field unintentionally.
  • Map waypoint markers now show for Foundry Quests will now show up on the map and mini map as other quests do.
  • Tags for a previously played quest are not saved for the next quest you have a review window for.

Gateway
  • Auction House: Several formatting and minor layout adjustments.
  • Increased performance and resolved several stalls that could occur in certain conditions.
  • Resolved and issue with Zen Market not displaying correctly in certain circumstances.

Items and Economy
  • Sharandar Treasure Cache no longer opens automatically when purchased.
  • The Wererat and Jagged Dancing Blade companions are now Bind on Pickup as intended. Existing versions on the Auction Hall or in a player's mailbox will bind to the next player to take possession of the item.
  • Bundles of Astral Resonators no longer automatically open themselves when purchased from Rhix.
  • Small Forest Stag: Fixed typo in flavor text.

Stability and Performance
  • Resolved several client crashes that could occur.

User Interface
  • After interacting with the Professions window the Escape key will now properly also close all windows again.
  • Character Creation/Alterationist: Characters should no longer disappear in certain circumstances and graphics settings and or cards.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2013
    Great Weapon Fighter: Resolved an issue that could cause Unstoppable from properly activating under certain circumstances.

Thank you! <3
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Great Weapon Fighter: Resolved an issue that could cause Unstoppable from properly activating under certain circumstances.

I imagine that if this is a complete fix then many many people will raise their arms in praise to the gods today , if however it turns out not to be a full fix then the forum mods better prepare for an avalanche of rage xD
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for not fixing all the Feywild enchantments that are not working. This is much less important than fixing graphics bug noone ever noticed... ^^
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    I don't check preview. Now I have to put it on my priority list.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    Thanks for not fixing all the Feywild enchantments that are not working. This is much less important than fixing graphics bug noone ever noticed... ^^

Which ones aren't working? the ones I have equipped so far seem to be working as intended but then I have only used 2 different ones so far.
  • Options
    rukalius1991rukalius1991 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what about rogue tab fix? noone care about rogue now lol
  • Options
    hayrinenhayrinen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What am I going to do now with the wererats and blades I bought form AH that I intended to give to my alts? I think warning beforehand would have been a polite thing to do.

I am extremely dissappointed with this game now.
  • Options
    keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2013
    If the unstoppable bug is really fixed this is a step in the right direction :)
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    vee7272vee7272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hey rogues stealth is bugged too like unstoppable, fix that too

@hayrinen - that's why they don't release patch notes until patching starts
    Gregg Silverkin, TR on Mindflayer

Guild: Rising Star
  • Options
    kheyn0mkheyn0m Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hayrinen wrote: »
    What am I going to do now with the wererats and blades I bought form AH that I intended to give to my alts? I think warning beforehand would have been a polite thing to do.

Wording suggests the ones you already have will stay BoE unless given to different char or equipped.
  • Options
    zenzebzenzeb Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    where is the new shadow hamster pet?
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013

I felt the same way then I noticed the patch was on the preview forum, need to check those too now.
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Audio
    • Cerandis Greenward, Merrisara Winterwhite, Pelendethas Everstride and Thradisar Starwise have all had minor Voice Over audio fixes applied.
    • Ilyiyasha Guidingstar now has German Voice Over callouts.
    • Valindra's audio tells on her attacks should now properly play as expected.

Content and Environments
    • Cloak Tower: Resolved an issue that caused the final campfire to not spawn before the fight with Vansi.
    • Pirates' Skyhold: Portions of the ceiling will no longer vanish from view from certain camera angles.
    • Pirates' Skyhold: Reclamation: The Scalefather no longer calls elite reinforcements to battle and instead only calls minions to his side to bring the level of difficulty of this quest to a more appropriate state.
    • Pirates' Skyhold: Scoundrel's Retreat: Many encounters have been reduced to more appropriate numbers and the overall pacing has been improved.
    • Sharandar: Bearing Arms: Interactive objects on this quest should now properly reset if the player disconnects.
    • Sharandar: Patching Things Up: Resolved an issue where the wounds were sometimes not respawning when a player disconnected.
    • Sharandar Campaign: Unlock Malabog's Castle: This task now lists the required Gear Score of Malabog's Castle in the task description.

Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard: Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Companion no longer gets credit from this attack
    • Great Weapon Fighter: Resolved an issue that could cause Unstoppable from properly activating under certain circumstances.

Foundry
    • 3D Editor: Clicking on any field should no longer increment the Y field unintentionally.
    • Map waypoint markers now show for Foundry Quests will now show up on the map and mini map as other quests do.
    • Tags for a previously played quest are not saved for the next quest you have a review window for.

Gateway
    • Auction House: Several formatting and minor layout adjustments.
    • Increased performance and resolved several stalls that could occur in certain conditions.
    • Resolved and issue with Zen Market not displaying correctly in certain circumstances.

Items and Economy
    • Sharandar Treasure Cache no longer opens automatically when purchased.
    • The Wererat and Jagged Dancing Blade companions are now Bind on Pickup as intended. Existing versions on the Auction Hall or in a player's mailbox will bind to the next player to take possession of the item.
    • Bundles of Astral Resonators no longer automatically open themselves when purchased from Rhix.
    • Small Forest Stag: Fixed typo in flavor text.

Stability and Performance
    • Resolved several client crashes that could occur.

User Interface
    • After interacting with the Professions window the Escape key will now properly also close all windows again.
    • Character Creation/Alterationist: Characters should no longer disappear in certain circumstances and graphics settings and or cards.

its nice to see patch with bug fixes in more patch's like this plz
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

They said they found the issue and are hoping to get that fixed with next week's patch
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Actually: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1192-NeverwinterPreview-Announcements-Release-Notes

Its been out there for ~6 days.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From another thread that is about the Stealth bugg.
    panderus wrote: »
    Update time! For sure not related to the Unstoppable bug. We have solid reproduction and our combat oriented programmer can probably take a look at it this week for a fix for next week if all goes well.

as for this patch, if it fixes GWF unstop. bugg, It's deff. a step in the right direction ;)
  • Options
    bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2013

A TR here. I care a lot for my co-TR but I guess we're on stealth that's why they don't care about us anymore.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    [*]Pirates' Skyhold: Reclamation: The Scalefather no longer calls elite reinforcements to battle and instead only calls minions to his side to bring the level of difficulty of this quest to a more appropriate state.

How about fixing Spider dungeon, too, to bring the difficulty to a more appropriate state and when you are at it also fix the exploits?

Where's the AH sorting fix?
  • Options
    najliahnajliah Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    more importantly, when will the patch be completed?
  • Options
    pappy43pappy43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    keltz0r wrote: »
    If the unstoppable bug is really fixed this is a step in the right direction :)

i go in dungeons and half the time whats in front of me gets blanked out, stuff dissappears when i look at it, cant see my targets, or even my character. i fixed graphics a hundred different ways and nothing changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Does this look infected to you?"
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All these crybabies because the relatively new stealth bug didn't get fixed before the unstoppable bug that has been around forever now.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited September 2013
    Audio
    The Wererat and Jagged Dancing Blade companions are now Bind on Pickup as intended. Existing versions on the Auction Hall or in a player's mailbox will bind to the next player to take possession of the item.

Arghhh ... ! A warning would had be great as I have several on a storage char that was intended for a competition in the guild, now all I can do is delete them.

Thank you /sarcasm
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    najliah wrote: »
    more importantly, when will the patch be completed?

Patches generally take 2 hours or less. It was started half an hour ago so another hour and a half.
  • Options
    lexusorlexusor Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2013
    once again what hidden bugs will the new patch bring? stay tuned.
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    lexusor wrote: »
    once again what hidden bugs will the new patch bring? stay tuned.

as long they keep patch's like this coming the bugs will slowly go issue is when they add new stuff before bugs fixed makes issue bigger example mod 1 was added before bug fix's.

as long every patch is like this fixing bugs for next few weeks it should get better
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Pirates' Skyhold: Reclamation: The Scalefather no longer calls elite reinforcements to battle and instead only calls minions to his side to bring the level of difficulty of this quest to a more appropriate state.

1000's and 1000's of players have lvl'd through this zone and although, most group up for it same as the folowing 'solo' instance further on in the Zone. This fight as been like this for over 5 months, no one as realy complained it is too hard or bugged, nothing was realy wrong with it.

So why after all these months decide to 'fix' it when there are 100's and 100's of other well known and well reprted broken things in the game that realy do affect gamplay, it just does not make sence at all. Constantly making paches to so called 'Fix' things that were not even broken in the first place.

How about you address all the graphic bugs in nearlty all the low lvl questing areas 'solo' instances, nearly all are buged recently while 2 months ago all worked perfect so it is obviously somthing you have done.
    These zones are the First perspective new players see of the game, and most will decide in the first hour or so of playing wether they enjoy it or not and wether to continue or not.
    But these zones with constantly vanishing and disapearing terrain, your character going invisable randomly and invisable mobs , some of these solo, instances are near imposible to complete unless you have prior knowlage of there lay out and were mobs are, they are all stupidly broken and have been for weeks and weeks.

Quote from post in this thread: i go in dungeons and half the time whats in front of me gets blanked out, stuff dissappears when i look at it, cant see my targets, or even my character. i fixed graphics a hundred different ways and nothing changed

Plus there are at least another 10 threads running with 100's of posts concerning these issues..
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    Arghhh ... ! A warning would had be great as I have several on a storage char that was intended for a competition in the guild, now all I can do is delete them.

Thank you /sarcasm

As has been stated on this thread: These notes have been available for the past 6 days. If you ever want to see pending/upcoming patch notes instead of waiting the day of, check the Preview shard notes. Almost invariably those make their way over to our side.

Sorry for your loss, though I hope the wording was just poorly worded and also includes those sitting in inventory.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Much better patch than the previous one, but still no fixes for DC (like flame strike no crit, forgemaster's flame heal nerfed, repurpose soul, armor penetration....)
  • Options
    jabberwacky57jabberwacky57 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    TR here , yes it is annoying the tab bug but we can live with it for now everyone in game already knows you will need to reconnect to fix it if you let them know that your in bug mode:) My main concern is with the dungeons that are bugged I.E. ones with dragons in them, yes they are the higher end ones but for players at that level those are the ones we are focusing on. Some will say they are doable still, if your lucky or have insight prior to the cast from boss. It would be great to have some kind of feed back to acknowledge the problem exists and will be addressed.
This discussion has been closed.