What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Realm of Malbog Bugs! 1/2 of the quests are broken

Comments

• tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    komodoone wrote: »
    ... the trees don't respawn anymore.

This statement is not true; the trees DO respawn, it just take a different amount of time than the redcaps/dryad in front of them. Plus you have a bunch of people to compete against for the available trees.

Not broken, just needs to be adjusted a little. In the meantime, try switching to a different instance.
  • aussiedougaussiedoug Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We just had probably a few hundred people across 15+ map instances saying that there was only 1 instance where the Dryads were spawning. Took me over 2 hours to find 3 dryad spawns. There is no way this is 'working as intended'. We encouraged everyone in there to submit a bug report for it.
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    This statement is not true; the trees DO respawn, it just take a different amount of time than the redcaps/dryad in front of them. Plus you have a bunch of people to compete against for the available trees.

Not broken, just needs to be adjusted a little. In the meantime, try switching to a different instance.

How long does this take because i watched redcaps kick an invisible drvad for 20 mins and nothing happened. Also switched instances and nothing happened not a single sap wound on a tree in zone.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    How long does this take because i watched redcaps kick an invisible drvad for 20 mins and nothing happened. Also switched instances and nothing happened not a single sap wound on a tree in zone.

Obviously none of us players have exact figures on the time schedule of things, so the answer to your question is: unknown
    All it took me was 1 instance change to finish the quest; did you try changing to an instance with a low population? Did you try changing instances multiple times?
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    No this is exremely bugged. the trees have not respawned
  • seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The problem is that the Dryad's won't come back as long as the Redcaps are kicking where they're supposed to spawn! They're terrorificated!

This is irritating, but what can you do? Hopefully they'll swoop in with a fix - I wish they'd solve the competition problem, though.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Bug Report
    Daily Quest: Patching things up
    Server: Mindflayer

Today marks day 3 that the Patching things up quest is still not working as intended. The tree's are not respawning the patches for players to complete 2nd part of daily quest.

Bug started 3 days ago as more players hit the zone and started to spam the tree's as quick as they spawned. After an hour of this the tree's suddenly stopped spawning patches and the script broke.

This has always been an issue even when it was just a handful of us that unlocked the zone early the spawns would take a very long time and sometimes bug.

Please increase respawn timer as more players are reaching last zone each day and the quests in the last zone do not spawn fast enough to support the large # of players attempting to complete daily's.

Thanks,
  • seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    basse1984 wrote: »
    they just dont care **** we have seen now. there is so many bugs going on right now. and for every maintance it seems like its only greating new once......

**** i really regret i have but 400 dollars in this game already.. it really seems like a dead floater to me right now...

They care, I think, they just prioritize poorly - it sounds like this issue is something they could have headed off by expecting it would become more serious when more people were in the zone.

C'est la MMO. I'll use it to even out my blades from when they weren't being rewarded right from the other quest. Luckily, the chest quest isn't required to get the chest reward - this just means two blades a day till they fix it, for me.
  • arcadinal24arcadinal24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here, not working, reclogging doesn't help.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1

Also please do the same to the sharandar guardian quest(the guardians appear to take twice as long to reset as the plants)
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • lantiss1lantiss1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 I'm stuck and can't do this daily
    edited September 2013
    bump, no reply from PW?
    edited September 2013
    +1 just keep these threads up untill PW replies.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited September 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    I hit the Realm of Malbog and half of the quest are broken.

1. Bearing Arms - The plants barely ever give you a guardian. I was stuck opening plants for 1 hr and 20 min just to complete this one. There was no one else in the area doing the quest, all of the plants were just empty. That is way too long for a daily. I have done it multiple times with different characters and it is always the same.

2. Patching Things Up - Now that more people are in this area there are no trees to put sap on. I do not know what the respawn timer is, but it is a long one. I waited and waited by a tree and the Dryad never re-popped and the wound on the tree never appeared. The mobs did a few times, but nothing else. I had to change instances MANY times just to complete this one.

3. The War Makers - Does not give a blade when you complete the quest. Kind of makes doing the quest a waste of time.

I guess it is not a big deal as long as they fix everything sometime soon. I need a ton of sparks and I only need about 27 blades so I can just skip the bad quests until they are fixed and just keep getting the sparks.

I put in bug reports for all issues.

Hey all! We'll be having maintenance this Wednesday and it should resolve those issues you posted. Thanks so much for reporting it and letting us know. Please keep them coming and we'll work to resolve them as soon as we can.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    All it took me was 1 instance change to finish the quest; did you try changing to an instance with a low population? Did you try changing instances multiple times?

I have cycled through low-pop instances multiple times and come back at varying times of the day and night to try again, with no luck. I have waited by the same tree through multiple monster spawns and seen not a hint of an interactable object.

I actually managed to complete this quest on the first day I had it by returning at 2am (Mountain) when there was absolutely nobody around. Every tree had a dryad, though I hadn't been able to find any earlier in the day. Coming during the wee hours has not helped me to complete round two.

Note that Sharandar instancing is weird because all the areas are a single zone, and you could be alone in one of the realms even if a lot of people are in your instance number. You can view where everyone really is by opening the social menu and viewing "find person".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Hey all! We'll be having maintenance this Wednesday and it should resolve those issues you posted. Thanks so much for reporting it and letting us know. Please keep them coming and we'll work to resolve them as soon as we can.
    Many thanks!
  • rolotcwrolotcw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Fix this please
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rolotcw wrote: »
    Fix this please

Look up a couple posts. The community manager just said we will be getting the fixes on Wednesday.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013

1. Bearing Arms - The plants barely ever give you a guardian. I was stuck opening plants for 1 hr and 20 min just to complete this one. There was no one else in the area doing the quest, all of the plants were just empty. That is way too long for a daily. I have done it multiple times with different characters and it is always the same.

2. Patching Things Up - Now that more people are in this area there are no trees to put sap on. I do not know what the respawn timer is, but it is a long one. I waited and waited by a tree and the Dryad never re-popped and the wound on the tree never appeared. The mobs did a few times, but nothing else. I had to change instances MANY times just to complete this one.

1) I did this quest today and the plant pods seem to drop the Guardian much more often now (unless I was particularly lucky today ) on previous days I must admit I ran around for a half hour or more getting countless empty pods which is quite annoying , especially when the bad guys around the pod are talking to it like there's a Guardian inside it.

2) Got totally stuck on this today , got the sap or whatever it is no problem but no matter what I did the guys you use the sap on would simply not appear , I relogged , I closed the entire client waited a few minutes then relogged and I even changed channels and I could not get the objectives to spawn , finally gave up on it , no idea what's gone wrong since I have completed this quest a few times so far in the past.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Any chance of fixing the Fey Heal and the Heroism Potion issue?

If you have the 3rd gate key in inventory the potions are in the store, once you use the key and enter the 3rd gate (when the key vanishes) the potions also vanish from the store....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I'm experiencing these 2 bugs:
    1. "Baring Arms" - pods never produce a captive
    2. "Patching Things Up" - there are no markers on trees to affect the application of the sap
  • giadamgiadam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Having or had issues with "Baring Arms," "Pacting Things Up" also "The War Makers." Also this.

If you have the 3rd gate key in inventory the potions are in the store, once you use the key and enter the 3rd gate (when the key vanishes) the potions also vanish from the store....
  • coldcoopercoldcooper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So who can tell me how to finish a daily quest of it?

I'm exhausted....

Will it be a patch for these?
  • zaflartzaflart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    No, really. It was always broken, but when there were on a few people doing it there was less chance of it breaking because were less chances for it to break. It was a very minor problem at best before but now with everyone in there, the problem has snowballed so that is uncompleteable.

Ahh, I see what you mean. I agree, when there weren't many, players who had access, there were fewer 'bugs'. I just didn't notice because I had no problems.

I eventually completed "Patching Things Up" even though, it took me numerous instance changes and over 3 hours.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    According to a CM we will be getting a fix for the bugs on Wednesday.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Strange thing is that the dryad quest worked (sort-of) three days ago - sure, there were too many people running around, compared to the number of dryad trees, so even with a lot of instance jumping it took me over an hour to finish the quest. Yesterday it just didn't work at all...it seems the trees never reset at all, and nobody seemed able to find even a single dryad - but, there was no patch in the meantime, so just why did it stop working?

As for the pods, that works just fine....around 50% of the pods have captives, but if your instance is filled with people that know how to determine if a pod is empty or not, they will pick all the full pods, leaving the empty ones hanging ... meaning that all you will see are empty pods.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Haha, very annoying.. The company that develops this game either do not understand that QA is good to have, or have very poor QA management or in general very bad QA strategy..

You can tell that just with the auction example, the most simplest thing like sorting is broken with every patch :D

Guys, do you know what is regression testing? At least a basic one? I don't believe those obvious bugs were not catched in dev/qa environment. Either somebody is not doing their job, or somebody is really bad and managing QA :D
  • pjdvpjdv Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited September 2013

oh wow. I thought they simply didn't put these in the store for some reason. To find out that getting into the third realm that is supposed to make the potions available actually makes them unavailable when you step in side..... sad. And think about how long malabog has now been open and no fix?
  • jabberwacky57jabberwacky57 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So we have a zone open that cost us to get to, then it does not supply the full advantages of store and bugs half the daily quests, the good thing is that you don't spend your concoction potion and have quests hanging around your journal since you can still take new quest the following day. Wow and they wonder why people get frustrated and stop playing.
  • gonnymgonnym Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Patching the things up", the quest for the Dryads is still bugged. No Dryads to apply the vital sap.