test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Realm of Malbog Bugs! 1/2 of the quests are broken

jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I hit the Realm of Malbog and half of the quest are broken.

1. Bearing Arms - The plants barely ever give you a guardian. I was stuck opening plants for 1 hr and 20 min just to complete this one. There was no one else in the area doing the quest, all of the plants were just empty. That is way too long for a daily. I have done it multiple times with different characters and it is always the same.

2. Patching Things Up - Now that more people are in this area there are no trees to put sap on. I do not know what the respawn timer is, but it is a long one. I waited and waited by a tree and the Dryad never re-popped and the wound on the tree never appeared. The mobs did a few times, but nothing else. I had to change instances MANY times just to complete this one.

3. The War Makers - Does not give a blade when you complete the quest. Kind of makes doing the quest a waste of time.

I guess it is not a big deal as long as they fix everything sometime soon. I need a ton of sparks and I only need about 27 blades so I can just skip the bad quests until they are fixed and just keep getting the sparks.

I put in bug reports for all issues.
Post edited by jarlsburg on

Comments

• magnusvanguardmagnusvanguard Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Never had a problem with any of the quests, enjoyed the new content.
    The servers were running slow as hell yesterday to the point where two of the shards were showing as offline to some server status apps.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Guess you got lucky because everyone I know is missing blades from the War Makers quest. As far as I know it never gives you the blade.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1. i don't know about barely but it's possible that not all of them are supposed to have guardians. when i did that quest today, all the plants had guardians.

2. if there are tons of people in an instance doing the same thing you're trying to do, change instances.

3. this has already been reported multiple times in the bugs section. i've only had this quest once since i unlocked the area, so i'm only missing one blade.

i'm loving the new stuff. keep it coming, cryptic.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Moved to bug reports and renamed the subject title accordingly. Thanks for the reports!
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I ran this for the first time earlier. One and two were fine for me; two of the plants didn't have Guardians, but as melodywhr says, I assume that's deliberate. Patching things up was the first of the three completed and my third was collecting mushrooms, so no issues there. The zone it put me in did seem pretty quiet though.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1. been watching this for several days and I figured out what is bugging them. People are getting the quest update once they give the guardian the weapon, but they are not killing the redcaps which spawn. They just run off looking for the next plant, the mobs follow the player, the guardian follows the new spawns. Once you are far enough away, the redcaps despawn/leash back but the guardian does not. it just stands around in a random area and either dies to other mobs or it just despawns when the plant is supposed to reset. However since they are too far away from the plant/dead, the plant no longer has a guardian. you have to wait for the plants internal reset to happen before they fix themselves.

You can tell when this happens when you are standing near the plants and you hear the suction sound play (the same sound it makes when you open the plant). You can actually hear this sound from pretty far away, happening to multiple plants. Once you find 1 plant that is working, then you can just sit there making sure that you kill the redcaps and the guardian is near the plant, and wait 3 minutes for the mobs to respawn/plant to suck the guardian back up. That plant will always work until someone comes along and bugs it. If you heard the sound play, then all nearby plants have reset so just proceed as normal.

2. Today was the first time I saw these bug out, I chalk it up to more people getting access to the area. haven't figured out if they are bugging or just on extremely long respawns.

3. agreed waste of a quest. Not sure if this was an oversite or intentional delay to make boon grinding take even longer, since you can just buy the sparks to eliminate that delay. Have had this quest twice so far so i'm behind basically 1 day.

4. You didn't mention but another quest here is bugged as well, it's the one where you place meat for the portal hounds and then tame them. The bug is the previous players "meat" remains on the ground, even though the mobs respawn and the area appears "clickable". clicking it does nothing. The meat is visible from a distance so you don't need to engage the mobs to tell if it's bugged or not. Not sure what is bugging this either, probably just an incorrectly long cooldown like the dryad trees.
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    1. i don't know about barely but it's possible that not all of them are supposed to have guardians. when i did that quest today, all the plants had guardians.

2. if there are tons of people in an instance doing the same thing you're trying to do, change instances.

3. this has already been reported multiple times in the bugs section. i've only had this quest once since i unlocked the area, so i'm only missing one blade.

i'm loving the new stuff. keep it coming, cryptic.

If you read my post you will see I said I changed instances MANY times. I also changed instances many times when trying to get the Bearing Arms quest to drop elves even though I was pretty sure no one else was there. During my trips through various instances I even came across one where all the pods were open when I got there and they never closed. I waited quite a while and they did not close. I also ran through the entire area multiple times and they were all still open. My educated guess is something is not quit right.

I just tested Bearing Arms on the preview server and it seems to be working fine so they might have fixed it. Every pod I opened dropped an elf. I did not give any of them weapons so I could keep opening pods. Then I went back and reopened all the same pods again and got elves again each time. I gave two elves weapons and waited for their pods to close a third time and reopened them after waiting a few more minutes and got elves again so I think you are supposed to get an elf every time. Also they respawn pretty fast now so there shouldn't be too many issues when this goes live.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    If you read my post you will see I said I changed instances MANY times. I also changed instances many times when trying to get the Bearing Arms quest to drop elves even though I was pretty sure no one else was there. During my trips through various instances I even came across one where all the pods were open when I got there and they never closed. I waited quite a while and they did not close. I also ran through the entire area multiple times and they were all still open. My educated guess is something is not quit right.

I just tested Bearing Arms on the preview server and it seems to be working fine so they might have fixed it. Every pod I opened dropped an elf. I did not give any of them weapons so I could keep opening pods. Then I went back and reopened all the same pods again and got elves again each time. I gave two elves weapons and waited for their pods to close a third time and reopened them after waiting a few more minutes and got elves again so I think you are supposed to get an elf every time. Also they respawn pretty fast now so there shouldn't be too many issues when this goes live.
    If you read my post I explained why they are bugged. There's nobody on PTR to bug them which is why they all work there. You can intentionally bug them out on PTR as I described above and see if they actually fixed the coding.
    edited September 2013
    If you read my post I explained why they are bugged. There's nobody on PTR to bug them which is why they all work there. You can intentionally bug them out on PTR as I described above and see if they actually fixed the coding.

You posted yours while I was composing my post. I just finished testing it out and I drug the elf half way across the map with me. He finally caught up and killed the mob and then he stayed there. About a min before the mobs respawned he ran back to his plant, so if that was what bugged them out I think they fixed it. I reopened the pod and he dropped out again.

I am not 100% sure if this is what bugged them though because I did this quest before it went live and I am pretty sure I did not get an elf from every pod. At the time I just thought it was a RNG thing and didn't put any thought into how bad that would be in a populated instance. I only did the quest 1 time though so I am not positive. After I ran through them all once I stopped playing on the test server.

Also, the other day on the live server I stood by an elf that dropped and waited for the respawn. I saw him jump back in his pod and before I could reopen it I got stuck in combat with a pat. When I killed the pat and the mobs at the plant no elf dropped out. After that I started opening the pod immediately every time I waited for the elf to go back in. You have a few seconds before the respawns will attack so I was able to get it to work.

Edit...Just for the heck of it I drug the elf across the map and then got him killed. The pod still dropped an elf when it respawned so I think everything is working on the test server.
  • cyrdecyrde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited September 2013
    Have found lots of Vital Sap, but not a single Dryad Tree for rescuing. Switched several instances without result. Same quest worked fine few days ago.
  • coolios1337coolios1337 Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2013
    Try relogging, works for me
  • uniguilduniguild Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
  • marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited September 2013
    All of these happened to me too, number 2 though I only noticed yesterday for the first time, took me quite some time to find a tree to put the freakin vital juice into.

I also guess it's because of the amount of players rising around. Never had it the first few times when nearly nobody was in that area. I think number 2 is ment to be as it is, I had it from day 1 that not all the plants contained a guardian. Nothing changed about those rates, although it can be annoying from time to time. Yesteday though I had 4 with a guardian in there in a row, so lucky me. Number 3 happens to everybody also I believe.

The least I expect from cryptic is to compensate each single player with it. Because I am short of the blades now as well, believe I got like 42 seedlings, 21 charms and 19 blades.
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think that many people experience(d) this, but I found no mention about it here. I was hoping that the maint would fix it, but it is still broken.

So in many instances the tree wounds just wont appear, the only solution is switching instances hoping that you find one that is not broken (which takes time and is not really an acceptable solution).

Same problem is with the quest where you have to free the guards, the flower trap is empty and again - hunt for a working instance.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Couple of quests in Malabog's Realm don't work right. The key is having patience -- if you just up and switch instances, you -might- get lucky and find one that works; but it's not the instance that's broken. The parts of the quests (e.g., the dryads/tree-wounds, or the pods/guardians) can become out of sync with each other easily. If you have patience, you stand right there at the tree or pod and wait a minute or three for it to reset and then it will work. This takes a little patience, but it's a lot faster in the end compared to racing around frantically trying (and breaking) more trees and pods in frustration.

See these prior threads on the same problems: [Campaign] "Bearing Arms" Quest is Broken and Awful Sharadar Quest Respawn-Rates
  • thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The quest "Patching things up" is bugged. I cannot see the tree wounds.
  • glacestglacest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry but this one is getting ridiculous. I spent 30-40 minutes running around trying to find a dryad that was spawned. Lots of mobs around the trees that do it but no dryads. I had more sap than I needed so that's not it. I changed instances 4 times trying to get around it and no go. I gave up. I've had this happen in the past a few times but never this bad. Many zone comments of other folks having the same problem.

If this continues I see no reason to continue running quests in Malabog's Realm.

FIX IT PLEASE!!!
  • prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow developers, quality control needs a whole lot of work, screw deadlines and due dates. I would rather you put out polished bug free content then release content that pisses people off like this quest in this thread. I absolutely hate unfixed content that is being released. Please fix this one immediately.
  • drcallipygiandrcallipygian Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here. Tried several instances before I could find one with a single dryad. Found one, but could not find any more. Tried logging in and out to reset ability to interact with dryad, but did not work. I've spent way too much on the dryad part of this quest and I have decided I have better things to do.
  • tmyersontmyerson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There are so many broken things in this game right now it makes me sad. The game has so much potential but Cryptic/PWE takes far too long to make the fixes. Primary should be the Dragons in Castle Never and Malabog's Castle. Breath and Wing Buffet attacks do not go where the red is indicating. Secondary should be the Daily Quests! Would love to patch trees with the 30 Vital Sap's I have located! Think I'm the Sap for hoping these things will be fixed!!
    edited September 2013
    i, and others, have already reported this bug in-game. on mindflayer, it appears that on instance #2, the north tree's node is functioning but in order to grab that same tree, i've logged out of my character and logged back in after 5-10 minutes and transferred to instance #2. i also heard, although i did not try this myself, that you can do the quest in a party and everyone will get credit for the one tree.

thanks in advance, cryptic. :)
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    same problem here, even sat in front of 1 tree for over 30 minutes, killed numerous spawns and still nothing.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Have collected 17 vital saps, but nothing is shining for me to apply it to.
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cyrde wrote: »
    Have found lots of Vital Sap, but not a single Dryad Tree for rescuing. Switched several instances without result. Same quest worked fine few days ago.

Okay, so I have 3 toons that have the Realm of Malabog open on 2 different accounts), all on the Dragon Shard. I have gone in with each of them, same thing - no active Dryad-Trees to heal. Tried switching instances, relogging. No change. Really annoyed because this sets back the questing in this area by a day (or more, depending on when they fix this). I've reported the bug in-game as well.
    edited September 2013
    can we has saptastrophe saturday capes? *sheepish grin*
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    can we has saptastrophe saturday capes? *sheepish grin*

omg lmfao!!
  • ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Definitely having the same problem. Logged onto several different instances at different times during the day and no dryads. I was able to find 2 early on but never again. Please fix. We cannot finish the quests without the Dryads.
  • mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    anyone else experiencing the dryad tree now showing up? been changing map instance and still not there. this was working yesterday -_-
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From coordinating with other players on Mindflayer zone chat today, there were only 2 dryads: 1 on instance 2, 1 on instance 6
    Everyone had to hang around waiting for those 2 to respawn.
    Up until today, i haven't experienced that problem either...
  • mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    cryptic does it again.. i always keep on saying. if its not BROKEN, dont FIX it!