Install Arc
Options

GF - Unique Weapon Apperences - LIST

Comments

• Options
    kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    The shield does look rather strange. I'll stick with my Sunite transmute for now. Quite like the sword, although I'd prefer a short spear.

o.O

This is like the coolest looking shield yet!!! Eye of the beholder and all that i guess
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kreicus wrote: »
    o.O

This is like the coolest looking shield yet!!! Eye of the beholder and all that i guess
    Little too large for my taste. I'd love to have a plainish tower shield in a similar design to the roman ones or an oval shield like the ancient hoplites.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Little too large for my taste. I'd love to have a plainish tower shield in a similar design to the roman ones or an oval shield like the ancient hoplites.

Something like the Diablo 2 Sigon's Guard Tower Shield would be nice, yeh !
  • Options
    ocdonlineocdonline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    elahra1rah wrote: »
    EKzENlV.jpg
    Iliyanbruen Ancestral Shield
    --
    7o40fi4.jpg
    Redcap Shield

So many interesting new shield designs with the Feywild expansion. Really liked the Redcap Shield, but the flat 'back' makes it look like it's hovering when on your back (it's less noticeable on other shields because most have a concave back).

However, what I'd really like to know is what that weapon is. I'm guessing it might be the Spear of the Fey from the AD store? I imagine that Cleave could look a bit odd when using a spear weapon...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Sure, here is the horror :
    TdYVBrz.jpg

Personally think that's a rather nice and original design. However it does look ridiculously large for some reason.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ocdonline wrote: »
    However, what I'd really like to know is what that weapon is. I'm guessing it might be the Spear of the Fey from the AD store? I imagine that Cleave could look a bit odd when using a spear weapon...
    Yeah it's the spear of the fey.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

ya,..it is,...i'd have to see it on a dwarf i guess,...but i have my fears there too
  • Options
    elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Like Tang56 said, yes it is the spear of the Fey.
    Animations are fine, but now that I changed for a sword again, I noticed that my bronzewood enchantment wasn't displaying as much fancy stuff when I was using the spear (green lashes, leaves, butterflies). I guess its optimized for swords.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks elahra and Tang for confirming (wish there was a preview function for gear in stores/AH).

The reason thought it might look odd with cleave is that a spear doesn't normally have a bladed edge for 'cleaving', though it looks like this one might (hard to tell from the screenshot).

Strange about the bronzewood effects - I wonder if the glow from a terror enchant works with it.
  • Options
    layback16layback16 Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    how can I get snister spears?

i have only 10 tarmalune trade bars, how do I get more?
    Teahupoo, GF TANK PVP (Stoped in time) :mad:

Teahup00, HR PVE :o
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks elahra and Tang for confirming (wish there was a preview function for gear in stores/AH).

The reason thought it might look odd with cleave is that a spear doesn't normally have a bladed edge for 'cleaving', though it looks like this one might (hard to tell from the screenshot).

Strange about the bronzewood effects - I wonder if the glow from a terror enchant works with it.

The terror enchant glow works on the spear of the fey.
    http://youtu.be/-RnDQJqPTTE
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks - looks like I could be saving up for a transmute then!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    layback16 wrote: »
    how can I get snister spears?

i have only 10 tarmalune trade bars, how do I get more?

You need to open lockboxes.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The terror enchant glow works on the spear of the fey.
    http://youtu.be/-RnDQJqPTTE
    Is it not supposed to do more?
    Because bronzewood was doing as much as on your video with the spear. But when I transmuted to the sword, it changed the cleave lash color from the orange-red to green, tree-leaves spawning around at every hit, and an occasional butterfly flying around (crits maybe?)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Is it not supposed to do more?
    Because bronzewood was doing as much as on your video with the spear. But when I transmuted to the sword, it changed the cleave lash color from the orange-red to green, tree-leaves spawning around at every hit, and an occasional butterfly flying around (crits maybe?)

No idea, I'd need to get a bronzewood together to test it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    How does the new armors of feywild look on female characters? I'm sick of the bikini-style ones already. Especially when you see how cool they are on male characters.
    Any screenshots ? (non-set and set)
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sick of the bikini-style ones already.

Wait... wut? I'd LOVE a bikini-style armor on my GF! Where do you get them?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It's Neverwinter, not Tera/FF. :/

And by Bikini-style, I meant the plate-bra and barely anything else above/below (giant cleavage and half of the belly not protected, wut?).
    It's just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to have the chainmail chest/pants covering more of the body than the actual plate armor...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It's Neverwinter, not Tera/FF. :/

And by Bikini-style, I meant the plate-bra and barely anything else above/below (giant cleavage and half of the belly not protected, wut?).
    It's just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to have the chainmail chest/pants covering more of the body than the actual plate armor...

I am sorry, but I still have no clue what kind of armor you are talking about. All GF armor on male or female that I have ever seen is extensive and leaves no "belly" unprotected and certainly no cleavage showing.

So, I ask again, can you give an example, preferably a screenshot, of what you are referring to, please?

Also, you should note that this thread is about weapons, including shields, not general armor, by the way.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    I am sorry, but I still have no clue what kind of armor you are talking about. All GF armor on male or female that I have ever seen is extensive and leaves no "belly" unprotected and certainly no cleavage showing.

So, I ask again, can you give an example, preferably a screenshot, of what you are referring to, please?

Also, you should note that this thread is about weapons, including shields, not general armor, by the way.

Unequip your pants and shirt. The plate armors on the female characters leave a lot to be covered.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Unequip your pants and shirt. The plate armors on the female characters leave a lot to be covered.

Ah, I see what you mean. But that's hardly "bare" or Tera-esque, lol - it is almost the exact opposite, especially since you always have to wear pants and shirt and their visuals cannot be disabled (much to my horror given the extremely generic looking armor types on my Cleric):

XntfgN6.jpg

This is Tera-style, for comparison:

lancer_6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Watch the same armor on a female character and a male character, you will see that there's a huge difference.
    Like Tang said, Unequip your pants and shirt.
    It's seeable in any screenshots posted here or in the "show me your GF" thread"
    If you'd read all the pages you'd see that despite its title, it's about unique appearance items in general, not only weapons.
    I'm not going to create another thread for this when it's basically the same and I contribute to this one regularly.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    EKzENlV.jpg
    Iliyanbruen Ancestral Shield
    --
    7o40fi4.jpg
    Redcap Shield

what and where is that spear from?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    what and where is that spear from?

Fey Spear, just 14k AD in the AD shop.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    nbloss wrote: »
    Is there any boots existing which will be maching for that type of armour?
    screenshot_2013-09-04-02-20-13.1378251725.jpg

Or any suggestions for that?
    screenshot_2013-09-04-02-21-42.1378251819.jpg

This was going to be my next transmute exactly...you beat me to it.... I was actually going to try them all together, although agreed it may look a tad bit weird....I think dyed properly it could come out ok. Use the Archon Falchion weapon as well for the full fire monty....

Another bonus is the chest is light looking for those who don't like to play a fighter that wears too much steel....

Can anyone point to a shield that would go well with the fire motif?

Edit: I just realized the Heavy Archon Shield may be the one to use....
  • Options
    guidohamerguidohamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wait... wut? I'd LOVE a bikini-style armor on my GF! Where do you get them?

Try Lizardfolk Armor.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sirjesto wrote: »
    This was going to be my next transmute exactly...you beat me to it.... I was actually going to try them all together, although agreed it may look a tad bit weird....I think dyed properly it could come out ok. Use the Archon Falchion weapon as well for the full fire monty....

Another bonus is the chest is light looking for those who don't like to play a fighter that wears too much steel....

Can anyone point to a shield that would go well with the fire motif?

Last time i checked Hell Fire Armor etc was not transmuteable on GF items, cuz mentioned armor is multiclass item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    fauust01 wrote: »
    Last time i checked Hell Fire Armor etc was not transmuteable on GF items, cuz mentioned armor is multiclass item.

I thought so too but when i tried it yesterday it looked like it was going to let me. Granted I didn't press the button to confirm. I'll check it out though and let you know.

EDIT: Well it let me do it on the preview shard so I'm hopeful that it is doable now.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Could anyone advise where the Sword of the Tyrant drops (pics on second page of the topic)? I like the look.
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has anyone considered creating a searchable blog with galleries of item pics with drop locations? Or adding the info to the Wiki? This thread is great, but it's terribly unwieldly to use if you want to go outfit shopping.