Install Arc
Options

Annoyed with Dusk Unicorn

Comments

• Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I bought "Neverwinter, fury of feywild" pack. It had a unique little mount to it, a unicorn. Less then a month after the expansion pack rolls out. Another Unicorn shows up, this time in the zen market. I spent 60 dollars on those items..looks like I was duped again.

Like I bought the Hero of the North pack, only to have them keep selling them after it closed. I mean its exact same unciron, they just put armor on it, now its supposed be totally different.

I agree with you about the pack but look at it's individual price also... 4000 ZEN... that's simply insane! Here's the deal with the micro transactions I've seen in other games: they're being kept REALISTIC! Let me pose this question to you Cryptic: a 4000 ZEN mount will sell sure enough but a LOT less people will buy it then let's say a 500 or even 1000 ZEN horse. In the end, you'll make a WAY bigger profit selling 500 or 1000 ZEN horses then this silly overpriced unicorn that... well it doesn't really have any point other then speeding up trips a bit since mounts are useless in combat. And there's a 110% epic mount in the ZEN store that is a hell-of-a-lot cheaper. Oh and as a personal opinion; I HATE unicorns! You'd have to pay me 4000 ZEN to even go near one.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The most surprising thing. Is not that they did it. The customers seem so numb and unaffected by the change. They literally put that mount in with 60 dollar package of the expansion. Then a month later, they re skinned it. Selling now on the market place. Yet no one besides me. Has a problem with that?

Why not sell that item before we bought the expansion goods. Why wait a month after.

You don't want to over saturate the market w/ too many items at once. A slow and spread out release schedule keeps up the appearance that there's something new each week.

If I read correctly, the dusk unicorn is also going for a whopping 4000 Zen - for $20 more you get the companion, the fashion set, and 600,000 ADs, (roughly worth $16 by the conversion rate I last saw on Beholder). So, it's really for the "whales" - those players that must have the new shiny *now* regardless of price.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm quite sure that something else will come out that makes Dusk Unicorn riders rant too. Such is life. You should buy something for the value and use it represents to you.

The pursuit of leet shinies is an endless one and seldom delivers satisfaction.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yet no one besides me. Has a problem with that?

You don't read any forum topics you didn't create yourself, do you?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    I agree with you about the pack but look at it's individual price also... 4000 ZEN... that's simply insane! Here's the deal with the micro transactions I've seen in other games: they're being kept REALISTIC! Let me pose this question to you Cryptic: a 4000 ZEN mount will sell sure enough but a LOT less people will buy it then let's say a 500 or even 1000 ZEN horse. In the end, you'll make a WAY bigger profit selling 500 or 1000 ZEN horses then this silly overpriced unicorn that... well it doesn't really have any point other then speeding up trips a bit since mounts are useless in combat. And there's a 110% epic mount in the ZEN store that is a hell-of-a-lot cheaper. Oh and as a personal opinion; I HATE unicorns! You'd have to pay me 4000 ZEN to even go near one.

Someone that takes some sense. Lets break down 40000 that equals out to 40 dollars if I am doing it right. Its almost a purely cosmetic item as the person mentioned above. Its not even a companion that would help you in combat. Every single month they come out with a new Zen Companion. Or a New promotion. Then a month later they sell those same items on the Zen Store.

I admit. The graphics in this video game are amazing. It runs smoothly. But lets be honest with everyone. 40 bucks for a mount. Where is the new content. They have more then enough sorceress. I simply do not think I am being unreasonable. Having spent 260 on this game so far. I'd like at least one more PVP map.

Why is most of the time being invested on companions, skinned and switched around. Selling them each month. I feel like I need my credit card just to log in. Because everything is costing money. Want diamonds? buy them on Zen exchange, want that shiny new gear get diamonds..equals buying Zen.

If I can buy high priced gear on AH with diamonds. The game provides me with through the exchange. It seems to have a tad bit of both. Pay2play and pay2win. Just giving my honest thought. I've been with the game for the month long soft launched and I'd think I'm entitled to my own thought.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    To be fair, they showed a dwarf archer pet well before the game was released in a trailer, so seeing something in a trailer doesn't mean it will happen anytime soon.
    Reply to myself since it would be missed.

Found it: and here the dwarf archer, along with a fire using caster:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/archive/index.php/t-24611.html
  • Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    That must be it. I know every single person who comes to the forums. Does a minimal amount of research on everything they offer. How stupid of me, that I didn't know something they sold in a pack, would be open to buy directly from the zen store, just that it would slightly different.

My bad. Next time. I will review everything they promote, and Google it and make threads and ask questions. Does that solve my problem.

They did this with Drow, Moonelves, a mount before (think it was a tiger), some fashion items.

You really surprised? Seems like it was already a routine in place. Was only a matter of time before this would come.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You don't read any forum topics you didn't create yourself, do you?

This exactly. Not to mention the fact that the OP has made several similar topics about similar issues. Once or twice you can perhaps lay blame on Cryptic. But eventually there comes a point where one has to understand their own responsibility. Either for continuing to be uninformed or volunteering to be a willing victim.
  • Options
    berzerktedberzerkted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It does seem a bit unfair, but it's a risk you take with f2p games. I bought a Knight of the Feywild pack myself and I agree, it is annoying. These packs are supposed to be exclusive content for players who are willing to pay for it. That said if you think about it you got 600,000 AD, an Exclusive Companion, an Exclusive Race, an Exclusive Mount (whether you think it is or not), Exclusive Fashion Clothing, the Loamweave enchantment, the Mote of Earth, Exclusive titles, an extra character slot, and exclusive items for other PWI games. The fact is if you were just buying the pack for the mount it was for vanity, and you would have been better off not getting it at all. Always remember as much as they advertise this as F2P, these games are all about making money, and PWI is going to do everything in their power to get it. It WOULD be cool to see maybe a free/cheap transmutation to get the Dawn Unicorn mount armored. Like I said I'm not happy about the Dusk Unicorn mount, but I am not going to try to fight something that's not going to change.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I also have the Knight of the Feywild pack but never had an expectation that anything other then a classic white unicorn design was exclusive to it. Even if this had been a pure texture change rather then involve additions to the model (the armor) I would not have felt cheated, especially since the price point of this new option is so high. I do not understand the sense of betrayal some people are expressing as both in fact and history (both of this company and that of others) there was no reason to believe that other possible variations of unicorns would be locked behind the Knight pack or that there would be any delay in the appearance of those variations. Frankly I'm surprised this one wasn't available on the launch day of Fury.

Of course, that isn't to say that I wouldn't have loved if Cryptic/PWE had decided to let people with the Knight pack have this as well as sort of a peace offering to those likely to be upset by this new option...
  • Options
    berzerktedberzerkted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    I also have the Knight of the Feywild pack but never had an expectation that anything other then a classic white unicorn design was exclusive to it. Even if this had been a pure texture change rather then involve additions to the model (the armor) I would not have felt cheated, especially since the price point of this new option is so high. I do not understand the sense of betrayal some people are expressing as both in fact and history (both of this company and that of others) there was no reason to believe that other possible variations of unicorns would be locked behind the Knight pack or that there would be any delay in the appearance of those variations. Frankly I'm surprised this one wasn't available on the launch day of Fury.

Of course, that isn't to say that I wouldn't have loved if Cryptic/PWE had decided to let people with the Knight pack have this as well as sort of a peace offering to those likely to be upset by this new option...

This! ^ :o
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    This exactly. Not to mention the fact that the OP has made several similar topics about similar issues. Once or twice you can perhaps lay blame on Cryptic. But eventually there comes a point where one has to understand their own responsibility. Either for continuing to be uninformed or volunteering to be a willing victim.

Perhaps I'm not familiar with company's that create a single model of something. Then create an almost exactly the same thing expect for a different shade of the item. I played TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift, etc the list goes on. This by far is most expensive and least you get for your buck. Game I ever played.

Regardless of those games. Even Guild Wars 2. Which was free to play, same with TOR. They had different models of it. For example in one of video games you could buy only cosmetic items. Where in TOR you can buy stuff with random stuff inside. I am quite familiar with games.

Just not with being mislead.
  • Options
    trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I wouldn't complain too much, they might ban you.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I wouldn't complain too much, they might ban you.

If we are not complaining solely for fear of getting banned. Something is definitional wrong.
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The most surprising thing. Is not that they did it. The customers seem so numb and unaffected by the change. They literally put that mount in with 60 dollar package of the expansion. Then a month later, they re skinned it. Selling now on the market place. Yet no one besides me. Has a problem with that?

Why not sell that item before we bought the expansion goods. Why wait a month after.

Do you always write like that? It's painful to read.
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Unfortunately you have to kinda of expect that they are going to release a better version than any base mount.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    /Start Rant

Im a Knight of the Feywild and I bought the pack for the white Unicorn and I was happy having a mount that not many people had. Now I find out Cryptic is releasing the Dusk Unicorn which looks way better than the white one. It has armor and a purple coat. IMO the Dusk Unicorn should have been in the Feywild pack and the white Unicorn available for other people. If I had known this Dusk Unicorn was coming out I would never have bought the Feywild pack which contains junk and would have just bought this Dusk Unicorn. This may seem like a small thing but after everything this patch this bought (bop especially) this is the last straw for me. No more money from me, and honestly I don't know how much longer I will even play this game.

GRRR

/End Rant

In other words, Cryptic marketing worked exactly as planned and intended.
    yes. really.

And I don;t blame them. It's just a business thing, nothing personal.
    I also have the Knight of Feywild pack with white Unicorn and I see no problems with this gurgle monster eater version being in the Z-Store. My only issue with ANYTHING Z-Store or money-related with Cryptic is the whole companion versus character-bound thing. In short, Cryptic released both these items in a way that maximizes sales and I say good for them.

It keeps our happy-happy-joy-joy sandbox alive to we get to play in it tomorrow.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    /Start Rant

Im a Knight of the Feywild and I bought the pack for the white Unicorn and I was happy having a mount that not many people had. Now I find out Cryptic is releasing the Dusk Unicorn which looks way better than the white one. It has armor and a purple coat. IMO the Dusk Unicorn should have been in the Feywild pack and the white Unicorn available for other people. If I had known this Dusk Unicorn was coming out I would never have bought the Feywild pack which contains junk and would have just bought this Dusk Unicorn. This may seem like a small thing but after everything this patch this bought (bop especially) this is the last straw for me. No more money from me, and honestly I don't know how much longer I will even play this game.

GRRR

/End Rant

It is a matter of tastes. Entirely.

Besides, your pack gives a fashion aswell and more things than just a mount.

So im not sure why are you comparing these two unrelated products.
  • Options
    baktanus666baktanus666 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    You do realise that everything you complained about are done by different teams than the teams who deal with the issues that they fixed right?

That explains why it's taking them too long to fix it. You would want the same person who wrote the code to fix the code himself unless he's no longer with the company.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    reskin happens ALL the time since the days of old (where you get BLUE slime, YELLOW slime, GREEN slime, etc and it is the SAME slime with different colors and stats)

The white unicorn is exclusive. Now if Cryptic release exact same WHITE unicorn, then we may have an issue, but so far Cryptic have been releasing reskin (and even size like the spider)

As for mount costing 4000z, I guess someone ARE buying them because they were not LOWERED when there was a major "lower price" event. people are buying.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Reminds me of what they did with the Founder pack Horses... They re-released the same horse Founders got to anyone who bought the $60 pack a few months ago and the ONLY change to the horse? They coloured it RED instead of BLUE.

Get over it, there's nothing unique or special in this game for anyone.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I ride a horse made of living flame...you can keep your sparkle ponies.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was thinking the same thing... Gee THANKS I just dished out the big bucks and you release a better one in the store. I'm not buying any more packs.. I'll just wait on the cool stuff.
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    agreed, I think having a slightly different Unicorn and Spider mount for sale to all kinda cheapens the fact that pack buyers didn't get "exclusive" content. I didn't buy either pack btw.

^ This. Making items that are very similar but not exact is both lazy on the developers' behalf as well as showing no respect for those who support continued game development by purchasing pre packs.

As for the buyer's remorse car analogy, it would be more accurate to say you bought a proposed 'limited' edition mazaratti that no one else could buy when it came out, only to find the company selling the exact same car with a diff paint job and side mirrors. Yes, I'd be pissed with that and I'd be surprised if no one else was.

Poor form Cryptic, very poor form...
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    showing no respect for those who support continued game development by purchasing pre packs.
    It would seem reasonable that the $40 worth of zen for the new mount would *also* support continued game development. They are not giving this away as a reward for pig herding.
    you bought a proposed 'limited' edition mazaratti that no one else could buy when it came out, only to find the company selling the exact same car with a diff paint job and side mirrors.
    If the new unicorn and the old were put side by side in a black and white picture, there would be no chance of confusing the two because one has a ton of armor and they are different mounts: This is not just a tiny cosmetic difference, this represents significant alterations to the external model and appropriate texture difference to color those components. Your analogy would only really be applicable if your limited edition car was being compared to one with a reworked body profile, didn't have any statement that various elements wouldn't be reworked into a later version, was still being sold along with the new version, featured the new model in the same advertising campaign that announced it, and came as part of a larger offer involving a large gift card and a date with a drowsy flying girl.
  • Options
    terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i really hate people who pay for stuff then complain about it when something else is released and feel they should have it because they have payed for things
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I'ts all a part of their money grab "f2p" business plan. Making people seriously regret it after making a purchase.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They did this with Drow, Moonelves, a mount before (think it was a tiger), some fashion items.

You really surprised? Seems like it was already a routine in place. Was only a matter of time before this would come.

wait a sec... you say moon elves are now aviable for free?
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I bought "Neverwinter, fury of feywild" pack. It had a unique little mount to it, a unicorn. Less then a month after the expansion pack rolls out. Another Unicorn shows up, this time in the zen market. I spent 60 dollars on those items..looks like I was duped again.

You still have your unique unicorn, well unique to everyone that purchased the Feywild pack (which included more than just the unicorn for $60). The zen unicorn is different.

You weren't duped at all. Never was it said the pack unicorn would be the only unicorn ever.

You, and others, are just manufacturing an issue for the sake of complaint.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    wait a sec... you say moon elves are now aviable for free?

Yes, the Sun Elf is the free version of High Elves, while Moon elves are the paid version of High Elves.