test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Annoyed with Dusk Unicorn

Comments

• maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited September 2013
    Most people have limited funds and have to choose what they want, but rest assure that they will keep on bringing new stuff into the game that you would like. This is how it works.
    Next week they might bring in a pink unicorn with wings and we will hear the same thing again, it should had been in the pack.
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bloodwerk wrote: »
    Your mount is unique though. It's a white unicorn you're just butt hurt that another mount looks nicer to you. Everything you said in your post is opinion based there are people who prefer the white unicorn over the new one. You knew what you were paying for Cryptic doesn't owe you anything.

I know they don't owe me sh*t, I am saying they coulda gone about this in a much better way. And yes this is my own opinion, I believe I put an 'IMO' in my original post.
    edited September 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    Most people have limited funds and have to choose what they want, but rest assure that they will keep on bringing new stuff into the game that you would like. This is how it works.
    Next week they might bring in a pink unicorn with wings and we will hear the same thing again, it should had been in the pack.

Gods no lol
  • bloodwerkbloodwerk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know they don't owe me sh*t, I am saying they coulda gone about this in a much better way. And yes this is my own opinion, I believe I put an 'IMO' in my original post.

And how would they have gone about this better? You mean better for you in the sense that the mount YOU want should have been included in the pack?
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gods no lol

Hell yeahs! My <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> themed character wants a pink unicorn!
  • anarkandianarkandi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There will never be "1" unique item that separates you from everyone else. This is a very nice game with a very nice group working on it, and the more we support them financially, the better content they can take forward to us.
    edited September 2013
    bloodwerk wrote: »
    And how would they have gone about this better? You mean better for you in the sense that the mount YOU want should have been included in the pack?

Well they could have had an option between the two. But I actually mean waiting longer before releasing the reskin. Would have liked the happiness of 'omg ur unicorn is so cool im jelly' a bit longer :)
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic will let you trade in your white unicorn for any other flavor unicorn at the mount vendor.
  • bloodwerkbloodwerk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well they could have had an option between the two. But I actually mean waiting longer before releasing the reskin. Would have liked the happiness of 'omg ur unicorn is so cool im jelly' a bit longer :)

So you're upset because you're not special anymore? Okay, well i think you're special so theres that. Off to play street fighters.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i just gutted new unicorn is not white :-(
    edited September 2013
    Alright patch is done, thanks for joining my rant ^.^
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mm.. Well tbh I can live with it.. the rant isnt so much that I wanna slit my wrists because my Unicorn is the wrong colour.. More the fact that Cryptic is so money grabbing they couldnt allow us to have a unique type of mount for longer before bring out what is essentially an easy reskin for $$$$$$$$

right. so you as an individual have every right and opportunity to make as much money as you possibly could but a company like cryptic doesn't have that right or opportunity especially considering you do not have to pay a single dime to start playing this game or to play this game period. to start a company, you need capital. to keep a company running, you need to make money. if making dark unicorns or leprechauns or lockbox keys or including a type of gambling scheme to inspire people to buy more, to put more money back into the coffers of the company THEN BRING IT ON. i mean if this were my company, i would be doing the exact same thing. with no profits means no company and no game and while many of you would love to see this come to an end in this manner... you'll probably be waiting for a while for this to occur. so while you're doing that, i'll be riding my new dusk unicorn.

thanks, cryptic and pwe!
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melodywhyr. Ever considered the possibility that they let feywild owners have the option to choose which unicorn they get? Or at least let them be aware that there would be a new unicorn coming up very soon? People would appreciate being shown their options instead of buying an item and two weeks later something else appears which they would've preferred, and would've gotten if the option was shown to them.

Happy customers are paying customers, trolling them doesn't make the company richer.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People are just too self entitled nowadays =/. Personally I think the white one looks better.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does the Dusk Unicorn have rainbows coming out it's bum? No? Then the Dawn one is still better. :P
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melodywhyr. Ever considered the possibility that they let feywild owners have the option to choose which unicorn they get? Or at least let them be aware that there would be a new unicorn coming up very soon? People would appreciate being shown their options instead of buying an item and two weeks later something else appears which they would've preferred, and would've gotten if the option was shown to them.

Happy customers are paying customers, trolling them doesn't make the company richer.

when you purchase one of the game packs, it clearly outlines what you're getting. so if you put forth the money to acquire said pack, it's pretty cut and dried. you know what you're getting and you know how much it costs. in this scenario, the latest and greatest was the unicorn as it came out way before they were even available to use on the live server. expecting cryptic to be forthcoming with internal proprietary information is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

here's a little scenario for you. let's say that cryptic internally planned to have multiple unicorn mounts of different designs. let's say they announce this but somewhere in the development prevented this plan from coming to fruition or upper management wanted to trash the entire idea. so now, not only does cryptic have to make an announcement that unicorns are no longer on the table but people like those in this thread constantly seeking ways to trash this company have something new to complain about. that is why you don't know what the new classes are or the details of them... until it has been published, it is still in development and subject to change.

it's okay to be disappointed about something like this but honestly, it's like buying a 2012 model car and getting upset about how the new 2013 model is "better". denounce all the features from the model that you got when you purchased it but it still doesn't change the fact that you made the decision to buy the car when you did. so who's fault is this? the company who is in business to make money or the consumer who is now unhappy with his purchase?
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see that devs are working very hard at creating new companions you can buy for $/zen (since no way to make AD anymore)...

Who is buying these anyway?

What about fixing the AH sorting, fixing map exploits, fixing feywild enchantments that don't work at all... THAT would be a start no?

Instead, we get fixes like:

Mount Hotenow: Environmental FX has had some minor performance updates.
    Kobolds and Trolls in the Midsummer Festival now drop lockboxes at a rate of 1.5%.
    Admin message for players acquiring an Areanea now announce "PlayerName has acquired an Aranea".
    Salvaging Window: Received some layout and art updates.

and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this that nobody cares about...

Oh sorry, maybe that would require real work...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Feywild trailers showed players on the Dusk Unicorn mounts running side-by-side with the white ones. So, yeah, it was pretty obvious (to me) that there would be this armored black unicorn mount available pdq. There was forum discussion at the time about how people would have preferred the black one be in the pack as well.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    I see that devs are working very hard at creating new companions you can buy for $/zen (since no way to make AD anymore)...

Who is buying these anyway?

What about fixing the AH sorting, fixing map exploits, fixing feywild enchantments that don't work at all... THAT would be a start no?

Instead, we get fixes like:

Mount Hotenow: Environmental FX has had some minor performance updates.
    Kobolds and Trolls in the Midsummer Festival now drop lockboxes at a rate of 1.5%.
    Admin message for players acquiring an Areanea now announce "PlayerName has acquired an Aranea".
    Salvaging Window: Received some layout and art updates.

and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this that nobody cares about...

Oh sorry, maybe that would require real work...

You do realise that everything you complained about are done by different teams than the teams who deal with the issues that they fixed right?
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry but everyone familiar with basic fantasy rpg knows that unicorns have to be white and the white just looks better :rolleyes:
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I bought "Neverwinter, fury of feywild" pack. It had a unique little mount to it, a unicorn. Less then a month after the expansion pack rolls out. Another Unicorn shows up, this time in the zen market. I spent 60 dollars on those items..looks like I was duped again.

Like I bought the Hero of the North pack, only to have them keep selling them after it closed. I mean its exact same unciron, they just put armor on it, now its supposed be totally different.
  • ntdreamntdream Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's Really sad...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why'd you start a new thread for the same thing someone else posted: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?478451-Annoyed-with-Dusk-Unicorn

Also, it was never promised that all unicorn mounts would be exclusive to the pack. They even showed the dusk unicorn in the trailer...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    They even showed the dusk unicorn in the trailer...
    To be fair, they showed a dwarf archer pet well before the game was released in a trailer, so seeing something in a trailer doesn't mean it will happen anytime soon.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why'd you start a new thread for the same thing someone else posted: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?478451-Annoyed-with-Dusk-Unicorn

Also, it was never promised that all unicorn mounts would be exclusive to the pack. They even showed the dusk unicorn in the trailer...

In addition to this. There were images posted and discussion about this long before Feywild was even released. Anyone doing a minimal level of research knew this mount was coming long ago. It was even shown in the Feywild promo video.

Its hard to claim outrage when the info is out there and you fail to make use of it.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    In addition to this. There were images posted and discussion about this long before Feywild was even released. Anyone doing a minimal level of research knew this mount was coming long ago. It was even shown in the Feywild promo video.

Its hard to claim outrage when the info is out there and you fail to make use of it.

That must be it. I know every single person who comes to the forums. Does a minimal amount of research on everything they offer. How stupid of me, that I didn't know something they sold in a pack, would be open to buy directly from the zen store, just that it would slightly different.

My bad. Next time. I will review everything they promote, and Google it and make threads and ask questions. Does that solve my problem.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    That must be it. I know every single person who comes to the forums. Does a minimal amount of research on everything they offer. How stupid of me, that I didn't know something they sold in a pack, would be open to buy directly from the zen store, just that it would slightly different.

My bad. Next time. I will review everything they promote, and Google it and make threads and ask questions. Does that solve my problem.

There are like 10 different horse mounts in the game. Why would you think for one second that they'd put the effort into making a unicorn mount, only to use it 1 time.

And adding a different color unicorn that's also armored is a fair amount of difference. They could have literally just made a black unicorn (or any other color), and called it a day...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • zugzug3zugzug3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I dunno, if was going to spend 60 bucks on a sparkly unicorn in an on-line game I probably would be able to spare the 1-2 minutes it would take to learn about the content I'm buying into. To each his own, though. I hope you recover soon.
    edited September 2013
    There are like 10 different horse mounts in the game. Why would you think for one second that they'd put the effort into making a unicorn mount, only to use it 1 time.

And adding a different color unicorn that's also armored is a fair amount of difference. They could have literally just made a black unicorn (or any other color), and called it a day...

The most surprising thing. Is not that they did it. The customers seem so numb and unaffected by the change. They literally put that mount in with 60 dollar package of the expansion. Then a month later, they re skinned it. Selling now on the market place. Yet no one besides me. Has a problem with that?

Why not sell that item before we bought the expansion goods. Why wait a month after.
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I bought "Neverwinter, fury of feywild" pack. It had a unique little mount to it, a unicorn. Less then a month after the expansion pack rolls out. Another Unicorn shows up, this time in the zen market. I spent 60 dollars on those items..looks like I was duped again.

Like I bought the Hero of the North pack, only to have them keep selling them after it closed. I mean its exact same unciron, they just put armor on it, now its supposed be totally different.

I agree with you about the pack but look at it's individual price also... 4000 ZEN... that's simply insane! Here's the deal with the micro transactions I've seen in other games: they're being kept REALISTIC! Let me pose this question to you Cryptic: a 4000 ZEN mount will sell sure enough but a LOT less people will buy it then let's say a 500 or even 1000 ZEN horse. In the end, you'll make a WAY bigger profit selling 500 or 1000 ZEN horses then this silly overpriced unicorn that... well it doesn't really have any point other then speeding up trips a bit since mounts are useless in combat. And there's a 110% epic mount in the ZEN store that is a hell-of-a-lot cheaper. Oh and as a personal opinion; I HATE unicorns! You'd have to pay me 4000 ZEN to even go near one.