test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Annoyed with Dusk Unicorn

mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
/Start Rant

Im a Knight of the Feywild and I bought the pack for the white Unicorn and I was happy having a mount that not many people had. Now I find out Cryptic is releasing the Dusk Unicorn which I think looks better than the white one. It has armor and a purpley black coat. IMO the Dusk Unicorn should have been in the Feywild pack and the white Unicorn available for other people. If I had known this Dusk Unicorn was coming out I would never have bought the Feywild pack which contains junk and would have just bought this Dusk Unicorn. This may seem like a small thing but after everything this patch this bought (bop especially and also nerfs) this is the last straw for me. No more money from me, and honestly I don't know how much longer I will even play this game.

GRRR

/End Rant
Post edited by mittensofdoom on

Comments

• dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    /Start Rant

Im a Knight of the Feywild and I bought the pack for the white Unicorn and I was happy having a mount that not many people had. Now I find out Cryptic is releasing the Dusk Unicorn which looks way better than the white one. It has armor and a purple coat. IMO the Dusk Unicorn should have been in the Feywild pack and the white Unicorn available for other people. If I had known this Dusk Unicorn was coming out I would never have bought the Feywild pack which contains junk and would have just bought this Dusk Unicorn.

GRRR

/End Rant

so what you are saying is you bought a new car with a unique paint job and now upset that the company is releasing a new paint you like better. Buyers remorse.
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Dust Unicorn = 4K Zen
    Dawn Unicorn = 6K Zen - 60K AD - Slyph...
    So they are pretty equal...
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    Dust Unicorn = 4K Zen
    Dawn Unicorn = 60K Zen - 60K AD - Slyph...
    So they are pretty equal...

The Slyph is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Feywild trailers showed people riding around on both. It was bound to happen.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2013

I really don't think dusk unicorn looks better, could you please buy one and compare it to your dawn unicorn?
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    agreed, I think having a slightly different Unicorn and Spider mount for sale to all kinda cheapens the fact that pack buyers didn't get "exclusive" content. I didn't buy either pack btw.

On a side note the new dye looks kinda cool, might put that on my TR =)
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    agreed, I think having a slightly different Unicorn and Spider mount for sale to all kinda cheapens the fact that pack buyers didn't get "exclusive" content. I didn't buy either pack btw.

On a side note the new dye looks kinda cool, might put that on my TR =)

In the spider case, things are much different, as the pack costs much more. Here they are practically selling the two mounts at the same price.
    edited September 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    I really don't think dusk unicorn looks better, could you please buy one and compare it to your dawn unicorn?

Hell no lol, already got a nightmare and the white unicorn.. plus the boar and soon the pig mounts (for lols). Maybe if I ask nice they will swap the white for Dusk =P
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    /Start Rant

Im a Knight of the Feywild and I bought the pack for the white Unicorn and I was happy having a mount that not many people had. Now I find out Cryptic is releasing the Dusk Unicorn which looks way better than the white one. It has armor and a purple coat. IMO the Dusk Unicorn should have been in the Feywild pack and the white Unicorn available for other people. If I had known this Dusk Unicorn was coming out I would never have bought the Feywild pack which contains junk and would have just bought this Dusk Unicorn. This may seem like a small thing but after everything this patch this bought (bop especially) this is the last straw for me. No more money from me, and honestly I don't know how much longer I will even play this game.

GRRR

/End Rant

Sad you had to learn your lesson so late. Even sadder you had to pay for this lesson. Hopefully more people will wake up like you.:)
    They sure do know how to make people WANT to spend money. That white unicorn was meh but this new one is :o but I will not.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • hawneehawnee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2013
    I bought the fey pack for the unicorn too. Im not really annoyed about the dusk unicorn just surprised really. It took months before the released a spider mount that wasn't attached to a hero pack which probaly got them more pack sales so seems bit early for a unicorn. Personally i do prefer the white one.
  • manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I'll be getting the dusk unicorn. When I was talking to people before I heard there was concept art of a black unicorn in armor. I figured it'd be in zen market. Given what was done with the spider mount suddenly having another similar in the game, I knew the same would likely happen with these.

I got the dawn unicorn (it's still a pretty mount) and it's actually not all that unique from what I've seen on my server.

Dawn unicorn = 6k zen (essentially cost) + 600k AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic, look what you've done. You've flooded the market with too many mounts and alienated paying customers. When will you learn tsk tsk.
    edited September 2013
    Hell no lol, already got a nightmare and the white unicorn.. plus the boar and soon the pig mounts (for lols). Maybe if I ask nice they will swap the white for Dusk =P

You can ride dawn unicorns in the morning and dusk in the evening...
    edited September 2013

What's a chocolate fireguard? Anything with chocolate in the name can't be that bad.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

edited September 2013
    I'll be getting the dusk unicorn. When I was talking to people before I heard there was concept art of a black unicorn in armor. I figured it'd be in zen market. Given what was done with the spider mount suddenly having another similar in the game, I knew the same would likely happen with these.

I got the dawn unicorn (it's still a pretty mount) and it's actually not all that unique from what I've seen on my server.

That'll be Dawn unicorn = 6k zen (essentially cost) - 600k AD.
    edited September 2013

Man I wish I had known they would bring out the Dusk, I did not hear about it at all.

On a sidenote, I like your signature but wish i could read the text on it :)
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013

but she is soo cute ! and I hear that dang ' on the catwalk ' song every time she does her little walk .
    edited September 2013
    What's a chocolate fireguard? Anything with chocolate in the name can't be that bad.:)

A fireguard is something you put in front of a fire to stop people (especially children) getting burned. A chocolate one would just melt. Must be one of those English sayings that never gets spread ^^
    edited September 2013
    Anyone could confirm if black dyed costumes look better on dust or on dawn please?
  • lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Information on both unicorns was readily available pre-patch. I was going to buy the Feywild pack for the Moon Elves anyways, but I'll end up working the AD needed for a dusk unicorn as well.

Bottom line is, no one should purchase any of the Packs or anything else for that matter unless the price is worthwhile to them for the contents, period. Since you think everything else in the pack is "junk," then the Dawn Unicorn mount should have been worth $60 to you regardless of other options. If it wasn't, then in addition to skimping on research, you made a poor decision. While I sympathize with you to an extent, ultimately the responsibility for that decision is yours, not Cryptic's.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A fireguard is something you put in front of a fire to stop people (especially children) getting burned. A chocolate one would just melt. Must be one of those English sayings that never gets spread ^^

"Chocolate teapot" is a slightly more common phrasing, but I do mostly only hear these from British friends.

Edit: To keep from being moved to "unproductive" - I also prefer the look of the Dusk Unicorn. Probably not enough to buy it, but since I had seen the concept art and the trailers showing them, it was all the more incentive to not spring for the Feywild pack.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2013
    "Chocolate teapot" is a slightly more common phrasing, but I do mostly only hear these from British friends.

Edit: To keep from being moved to "unproductive" - I also prefer the look of the Dusk Unicorn. Probably not enough to buy it, but since I had seen the concept art and the trailers showing them, it was all the more incentive to not spring for the Feywild pack.

British people always have some funny saying or way of saying something that's hilarious to me + the accent is a win.;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

edited September 2013
    Nobody in my guild even knew about the Dusk Unicorn, though loads wished for a black/dark one, guess I can be happy they get their wish, and watch in envy as they whizz around on them. My char is evil-themed btw.. I got around the white Unicorn aspect by RP'ing that my char enslaved it to do her evil bidding.. Dusk would be far more fitting.
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Nobody in my guild even knew about the Dusk Unicorn, though loads wished for a black/dark one, guess I can be happy they get their wish, and watch in envy as they whizz around on them. My char is evil-themed btw.. I got around the white Unicorn aspect by RP'ing that my char enslaved it to do her evil bidding.. Dusk would be far more fitting.

OK.. so it was karma, all your evil deeds are punishing you now for enslaving the white unicorn.. justice has prevail!!!!

NOW!!! pay 4 k zen to ride an evil unicorn MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wow. really? not so much that the OP is disappointed and would prefer a dark unicorn. but that all the negative nancies pick up on this and immediately chime in unison "HAHA!"

all of you need to QQ and move on with your lives. this is ridiculous.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2013

White does not mean good and dark does not mean bad.

Unicorns afaik are all good and supposed to be ridden by good creatures (really only virtuous maidens iirc). Nightmares are supposed to be evil, to be ridden by evil characters.
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    wow. really? not so much that the OP is disappointed and would prefer a dark unicorn. but that all the negative nancies pick up on this and immediately chime in unison "HAHA!"

all of you need to QQ and move on with your lives. this is ridiculous.

Mm.. Well tbh I can live with it.. the rant isnt so much that I wanna slit my wrists because my Unicorn is the wrong colour.. More the fact that Cryptic is so money grabbing they couldnt allow us to have a unique type of mount for longer before bring out what is essentially an easy reskin for $$$$$$$$
    edited September 2013
    White does not mean good and dark does not mean bad.

Unicorns afaik are all good and supposed to be ridden by good creatures (really only virtuous maidens iirc). Nightmares are supposed to be evil, to be ridden by evil characters.

Fine, fine all Unicorns are good, be it black or white.. Dusk fits in more with my colour scheme then =P
  • bloodwerkbloodwerk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mm.. Well tbh I can live with it.. the rant isnt so much that I wanna slit my wrists because my Unicorn is the wrong colour.. More the fact that Cryptic is so money grabbing they couldnt allow us to have a unique type of mount for longer before bring out what is essentially an easy reskin for $$$$$$$$

Your mount is unique though. It's a white unicorn you're just butt hurt that another mount looks nicer to you. Everything you said in your post is opinion based there are people who prefer the white unicorn over the new one. You knew what you were paying for Cryptic doesn't owe you anything.
    edited September 2013

But money is the root of all evil. lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger