test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known Issues - Please look here for updates!

Comments

• Options
    gaedel123gaedel123 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had two apothecaries working on Research from Level 6 to 7. After completing the Research, both apothecaries were no longer in my inventory.

Ok, I have been doing lots of crafting on my 8 different toons. My memory isn't very good so I probably wouldn't know if I lost assets. Is this something I need to worry about or will there be a trace so the devs will know who lost what?

Also, do we know when the Foundry will be back up?
  • Options
    ajronthankajronthank Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    many crash, but im find one rule: all crashes - only in Protectors Enclave!
    when questing (ingame or foundry) - long hours - nothing...
    go to PE, doing something or simply stay and do nothing - crash after a few minutes :mad:
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    May Bahamut have mercy on the devs' souls. :(
  • Options
    idnarosetidnaroset Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The client crash doesn't seem to be fixed. I just crashed when I hit delete on a mail item.
  • Options
    steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    Gateway is spazzing out on Chrome (OS: Windows 7 Ultimate). It's not allowing my husband to set profession tasks and disconnecting constantly.

Client crashes seem to have improved for me (OS: Windows 7 Home Premium). I don't know about him as he's not playing the game for the time being while awaiting fixes from the last patch.

Edit: Scratch that. Client is crashing repeatedly on login and character change on me now, where it worked fine for 3 hours this afternoon without a single crash. :(
  • Options
    ugarthugarth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The crashes are caused by dx settings... as mentioned already. It is on your ends, but caused by the update. If i use dx11 i am getting crashes, if i am using dx9 i do no get any crashes. If that helps.

You have to restart the game client entirely, in order for dx changes to take effect <--

I have done the following so far: made sure my drivers were up to date, tried all the possible DX settings in the game (with client restarts), fiddled with every setting in the video options. None of these had any effect what so ever. I still crash quite frequently. For me it doesn't seem limited to Protector's Enclave either (although it does seem to happen more often there). I have crashed in Malabog, in the new zone, and in the new skirmish as well, pretty much every area I have played in since the Fury of the Feywild was released.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    AD/zen exchange prices are set by PLAYERS. not by cryptic . The price for zen is higher(400ad/zen) if less people have paid cash for it and more people want it. The price for AD is higher(200/zen) when people have a lot of zen and want a lot of AD.

If you want to blame people for not being able to farm gear for alt's . Blame all the loot ninja's, needing stuff to sell, to use for alt's and companions for the BOP. It was chnaged so that people of that class now have a chance of getting the items.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The crashes are caused by dx settings... as mentioned already. It is on your ends, but caused by the update. If i use dx11 i am getting crashes, if i am using dx9 i do no get any crashes. If that helps.

You have to restart the game client entirely, in order for dx changes to take effect <--
    I changed from dx9 to9e/11 becasue of vanishing landscape and people problem listed in known issues.
    Now I can't login

• Options
    edited August 2013
    ok I have managed to get mine to let me in. UNinstalled entire game and then reloaded, unfortunately through arc. It let me in. The big test will be whether it lets me in a second time.
    yes I can now log in with no graphics probs. all I had to do was reinstall the entire game

• Options
    ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What about the auction house sorting for god's sake!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gaedel123 wrote: »
    Ok, I have been doing lots of crafting on my 8 different toons. My memory isn't very good so I probably wouldn't know if I lost assets. Is this something I need to worry about or will there be a trace so the devs will know who lost what?

If you had no tasks queued to upgrade assets (fusing tools and dudes), you should not have lost a thing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    deadskipdeadskip Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Known Issues - Please look here for updates!

What is the point of giving a thread a title of "Known issues - Please look here for updates!" and stickying it if you don't then update the OP when there are updates?

/bonk /bonk /bonk
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    kamerun2 wrote: »
    -Timer on the TR's Lurker Assault is broken, furthermore Lurker Assault sometimes glitches the stealth meter and it makes it impossible to go in stealth until you die or change instances.

FYI You can also fix the stealth meter by logging out and back in.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    This may be covered in the; "Known issue: In certain locations, NPCs and other objects may disappear and reappear unexpectedly, appearing (or rather, not appearing) invisible or flickering" issue, however when I go into certain dungeons about half of the environment flickers in and out of existence, resulting in showing the skybox it all sits within. It sounds similar to the mentioned, problem, but is on a much larger scale. And this happens even in DX11.

This was particularly bad for me and the rest of my guild in Frozen Heart. It was so bad that we quit that one and did Spider instead (which did not flicker for any of us).

• Options
    edited August 2013
    dhuras1 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place, but one of my characters is not able to get to New Sharadar. I can get to the Ruins. Every time I log out of leave for a queue, I end up back in Protectors Enclave, and I lose the quests I gained in the ruins. I went through the find lost scouts, and find artifacts quests. I either get stopped by stone wall, next to where the sword artifact is, or the waterfalls. The NPC at the falls does not speak to me. I can get no farther. I've reported this as a bug more than once, in game, but to no avail. It says I have no ticket, and it's not listed as a known issue.

This happened to me too, because I returned to Protector's Enclave before completing the quest to find New Sharadar. You can unbug the quest by opening your journal "J", finding the quest to go to New Sharadar given to you by the elf by the portal in the Enclave, aborting that quest, then speaking to her again to reobtain the quest. Then complete the quest without any break. Be sure you turn it in when in New Sharadar.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Please read the forum Rules of Conduct completely:

The reason multiple people asked to see the response posted is that there is a known bug that is destroying real-world value (expensive assets) and no official response from Cryptic about how the issue will be dealt with.

Cryptic needs to make a public statement about what will happen with deleted assets, and make it soon. I am a huge fan of this game and want very much for it to succeed. Between the Grat's Nightmare Box Cheaters, You Were So Lucky communication and the lack of communication on this issue, my confidence is so shaken that it is hard to continue. Many other people here seem to feel the same way.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    ufoalien wrote: »
    What about the auction house sorting for god's sake!

It seems to work fine in the Gateway.

Personally I always have the Gateway up to check on prices and make purchases. Since the Gateway only shows some items from your inventory, I concurrently have the game client up when actually selling items.

Hopefully soon both the client and gateway will each be fully functional.

• Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The client still crashes regularly, only now a bit different. Instead of either hanging or jumping back to the desktop with a Cryptic crashreport, it now just turns off the monitor and hangs.

Also, I'm not playing on max resolution, when I alt-tab and then back to the game, the mouse pointer is offset to a window size of that lower resolution (meaning smaller than the actual screen) and does not align with what's on the screen.

Windows7, updated drivers and directX.

It's been nearly unplayable since Fury of the Bugfest went live, crashing randomly anytime between 15 minutes and an hour.
  • Options
    bentenmariabentenmaria Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The last patch was supposed to fix crashing issues but it has caused me to crash more than ever. Sometimes as often as 3 or 4 time within 2-3 hrs.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited August 2013
    I still get constant crashes i restarted lowered graphics to lowest restarted again changed to dx 9ex all dont workdidnt happen until today.
  • Options
    l2yanatorl2yanator Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can someone explain what the difference is between DX9 and DX9ex, and which is better?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just another version of DX9:

Direct3D 9Ex (known internally during Windows Vista development as 9.0L or 9.L): allows full access to the new capabilities of WDDM (if WDDM drivers are installed) while maintaining compatibility for existing Direct3D applications. The Windows Aero user interface relies on D3D 9Ex.

Direct3D 9Ex, Direct3D 10, and Direct3D 11 are only available for Windows Vista and newer because each of these new versions was built to depend upon the new Windows Display Driver Model that was introduced for Windows Vista. The new Vista/WDDM graphics architecture includes a new video memory manager supporting virtualization of graphics hardware for various applications and services like the Desktop Window Manager.

From Wikipedia. Either way, much older than DX11.

EDIT: Very few references to it as DX 9EX.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whatever was causing constant crashes for me seems to have been fixed in the latest patch, so...good job there.

I also saw on the preview forum a comment that the fix to the broken DC powers (that don't crit when they should) should be coming next week.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    The crashes seem to be finally fixed and my graphics rendering also seems better. However the fixes claimed to CN are not so. The AOE attacks on the final Dracolich still strike inconsistent with AOE Red Zones. Basically, I had to time the red zones and dodge no matter where I was if anywhere close to the Draco Lich. While laying there dead and fumming I noticed 2 CW's DPSing the boss who also got taken out, the problem is they were on the opposite side of the map from Draco and his latest AEO. We finished as we were a experienced hardcore group. Most new or moderately experienced groups would wipe in seconds.
  • Options
    exploitforliveexploitforlive Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This game sucks big hairy balls. Fix that issue.

The game itself has potential. They need to outsource it to save it from the downfall. NW under control by Cryptic mugs & PWE idiots, is a fish out of the water, gasping for air while struggling to get back in the water. It will die soon unless someone throws it back in the water.
  • Options
    exploitforliveexploitforlive Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    An you get a lot more nightmares by exploiting then you do with real cash...

+1 for you Baronvonboom. This made me laugh
  • Options
    steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    Much less crashing, professions seem to be working properly, but still getting the 'server not responding' on loadscreens. Much improved, but still a ways to go.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if this has been reported yet, but faction items can no longer be stored in the guild bank. Please fix this. My guild shares such items.
  • Options
    dedaemporerdedaemporer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    m7m8z23z2biv.jpg

This is what i always get when i go into dungoens..... no idea before that patch everything was ok ...
  • Options
    sapientcrowsapientcrow Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    Where is the known issue of textures flickering and becoming completely invisible as well as characters in dungeon/indoor areas?
This discussion has been closed.