test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I don't get it..... Why you nerfing DC's?

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, while I'm okay with DCs coming in last in damage compared to the other classes, I still maintain that they need to be just as viable to solo in PvE as the other classes are.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Hammer was our biggest burst heal if you had good crit. Now it's kinda useless. If I got all 3 ticks to crit, 50k was not that hard on a debuffed target. 80k was really good. Though I did see 118k once when several classes had up lots of debuffs. What else do we have that can burst heal that much? (Obviously talking about Repurpose Soul.)

Yeah, this game has 4 solo classes and one that everyone absolutely expected must be carried by a team? I don't get it. That is absolutely not a D&D cleric, nor is it the Leader role.
  • Options
    iamminikuiiamminikui Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DC's primary objective in this game is to HEAL & SUPPORT , Not to KILL . So quit whining and adapt .
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That's like saying your tank doesn't need to damage because its primary objective is to draw aggro to distract enemies and be a punching bag for them so a TR / CW / GWF can jump in to kill: It's one way of playing but it's unreasonable and ignores other ways the class can be played. Also ignores the fact that all other classes do fine playing content alone if they want to -- it's not fair to single out one class and chain it to everyone else, healing or not.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    iamminikui wrote: »
    DC's primary objective in this game is to HEAL & SUPPORT , Not to KILL . So quit whining and adapt .

Thats untrue. Clerics, escpacially caster clerics as the devoted in DnD4 were always capable of dealing damage in DnD - in fact, caster clerics can be more powerfull then wizards.

But even if the cleric should only be able to heal and support ... why then they nerfed healing and support constantly, too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013

And you have to go in dungeon alone if you think's this. We aren't your personal healing pot, because there too many lazy palyer don't dodge aoe atk of mob or powerfull atk from mob. I'm not here to heal stupid ******
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

That was a nice attempt, but you should work on your trolling to make it less obvious.
    abell39 wrote: »
    Also ignores the fact that all other classes do fine playing content alone if they want to -- it's not fair to single out one class and chain it to everyone else, healing or not.

Quite <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> approach, have to agree here. Whoever came up with it is definitely not a gamer.
  • Options
    zerkaenzerkaen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's funny how ppl build their DC for pve and expect to survive in pvp.
    If you build your class to heal your team instead of self survive and dps ofc you will suck.
    This game is not WoW where you can keep yourself and others alive in pvp with instant big heals.
    Choose powers and feats which will help you stay alive and deal damage instead of those which boost your healing.

What this game needs actualy is a dual spec feature so you can have seperate builds to swap for pvp and pve.
  • Options
    bishop1123bishop1123 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You want to kill some1 with Healer? Seriously? No offense guys, but Healer is a Healer not a killer. So I'm OK with this.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bishop1123 wrote: »
    You want to kill some1 with Healer? Seriously? No offense guys, but Healer is a Healer not a killer. So I'm OK with this.

Tremendous mistake, it's not a "Healer". It's a "Dedicated Cleric", as "Priest", or so-called "Leader class". So yes, we want to kill stuff with our clerics, and we do kill stuff with them. If you're okay with the nerfs (which are hindering healing abilities as well), it doesn't mean that it's automatically okay for everybody else.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They way some people think that clerics aren't supposed to deal damage is beyond me.
    Clerics in thos game can't even outheal any kind of damage so, what's left?

This is TEHLULZ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    They way some people think that clerics aren't supposed to deal damage is beyond me.
    Clerics in thos game can't even outheal any kind of damage so, what's left?

This is TEHLULZ

Yeah, I don't understand this either it really doesn't make any sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zerkaen wrote: »
    Choose powers and feats which will help you stay alive and deal damage instead of those which boost your healing.

Exactly; I did that, and then they nerfed those powers. That's why I and pretty much everyone else in this thread take issue with the changes; our healing was nerfed too, but so was our ability to do damage, which easily relegates even a balance heal/damage build (like mine) to the healbot corner. And like I said in the other thread: I don't want to be a healbot so other people can play the game for me. But we don't deal enough damage alone now and can't keep ourselves alive long enough in the face of incoming damage to make up for it.

I don't play PvP because I don't like PvP gaming, but the nerfs have affected PvE just as much, so DCs suffer in PvE as well. If we had a dual spec, that would help keep PvP nerfs from messing up everyone who prefers PvE, and I know it's possible because the recently nerfed DC daily has a (useless) effect in PvE that is bugged and does not trigger in PvP. If PvP stuff can be separated from PvE unintentionally by a bug, it can surely be done intentionally without much trouble.
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »

They are adjusting clerics to be pure tank/healing characters. That's why your "bursty" daily is getting nerfed to make the cleric focus on the tank/healing gamestyle.

Clerics are support class where they stand in the middle of a fight casting astral shield and throwing healing wards left and right, making their allies more durable. If you prefer going 1 vs 1 and killing people left and right then cleric isn't the class for you.
    You are supposed to be a tanky healer, not a bursty super man.

amount of stupidity in ur post reached maximum, ill just say one thing:
    Thats why new set has power crt recovery and arp as stats, cause they are making the cleric to focus on the tank/healing gamestyle. right?
    u want to tank in pvp where u can get items which totally bypass your armor,how will u tank?
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    whit a shield :O let us block damage like GF :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    whit a shield :O let us block damage like GF :D

change our class feature righteousness to instead be a holy magical shield!! No lame self heal debuff thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Level 59 trying to hit level 60. Doing first few quests in Whispering Caverns to level. Die in less than ten minutes to a mob of drow. Have to be revived by a random GWF, fully heal with potions while running around and dodging, manage to escape with less than 20% HP left. Equipped to focus on power / crit / defense / recovery in blue and green gear. Still die because can't do enough damage fast enough to get out of mob nor heal self fast enough even with AS / HG / FF / divinity / greater healing potions.

Seriously, are they trying to frustrate me into dropping my DC completely? Is all the level 59-60 content going to force me to stalk other players just so I can do storyline quests? -.-
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Level 59 trying to hit level 60. Doing first few quests in Whispering Caverns to level. Die in less than ten minutes to a mob of drow. Have to be revived by a random GWF, fully heal with potions while running around and dodging, manage to escape with less than 20% HP left. Equipped to focus on power / crit / defense / recovery in blue and green gear. Still die because can't do enough damage fast enough to get out of mob nor heal self fast enough even with AS / HG / FF / divinity / greater healing potions.

Seriously, are they trying to frustrate me into dropping my DC completely? Is all the level 59-60 content going to force me to stalk other players just so I can do storyline quests? -.-

Running with a cleric companion may help you.

At this point you could level to 60 just by invoking and doing Leadership tasks, so I wouldn't worry about 59-60. At 60 you can easily obtain some decent gear to help you. Eventually you will need to walk away from your computer and take a nap in order for solo content to kill you, so don't worry about PvE.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited August 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    Running with a cleric companion may help you.

At this point you could level to 60 just by invoking and doing Leadership tasks, so I wouldn't worry about 59-60. At 60 you can easily obtain some decent gear to help you. Eventually you will need to walk away from your computer and take a nap in order for solo content to kill you, so don't worry about PvE.

I managed to get to 60 at least by turning in Knox's "go here and do things" quests that I had put off (ended up way over-leveled and still partway through The Chasm quest-wise). I run with a phoera for the damage that I can't deal myself. Maybe I should go buy a cleric or man-at-arms at this point and see if that works better.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    amount of stupidity in ur post reached maximum, ill just say one thing:
    Thats why new set has power crt recovery and arp as stats, cause they are making the cleric to focus on the tank/healing gamestyle. right?
    u want to tank in pvp where u can get items which totally bypass your armor,how will u tank?

No to mention that this set has a lower power, defense and armor rating than existing T2 sets. It's sad that such vocal forum warriors as esteena spread misinformation about the state of the cleric class, after that you see ignorant dudes advising clerics to "built for PvP or not PvE" or "hurr u support u heal cuz helar". I mean, really - "they nerfed our only decent DD daily and AP generation!" - "u so stupit want killz do more damage/u no need to kill me in PvP brah" - "but how do I solo quests after the nerfs?" - "you no kill me in PvP I kill u healar, hulk smaash, and heal meh in dungeon you healbot, me want fat lewtz".
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Next thing you know they'll tell us we're not supposed to be able to solo quests and to go healstalk a GF to get through the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Next thing you know they'll tell us we're not supposed to be able to solo quests and to go healstalk a GF to get through the game.

How boring... and other players wonder why it is so hard to find DC...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How boring... and other players wonder why it is so hard to find DC...

It's always hard to find a healing class character in MMO, since this particular role is less rewarding and not easy. But in Neverwinter devs tried their best to actually discourage players from playing a cleric.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It's always hard to find a healing class character in MMO, since this particular role is less rewarding and not easy. But in Neverwinter devs tried their best to actually discourage players from playing a cleric.

Yes if feels like they hate the clerics and want to eliminate them from the game in terms of viability...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    herbe420herbe420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited August 2013
    I can’t believe i went and made a DC on every server.
    I play a healer in every MMO I play and usually it’s a clear mission, but in NWO it’s hard for
    me to comprehend if im suppose to heal or maybe only buff ppl and DPS rest of the time or what…
    I have to say even in wow they didn’t change my healers that often and even if they would i could easily change to other class and that’s it. Here im resspecin my DC build on every patch (every week) but still cant get it work (heal) good enough to correct even the smallest mistakes by ppl in a dungeon.
    Hmm, rezoning behind last DC nerfs r still a mystery to me only this time im not sure I will stick around.
    Peace,
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well myself and 3 others (who I convinced to come give neverwinter a go to begin with actually) have decided to go back to playing a 10 year old bot infested game for now.

The advantage of this being free to play is that I can peek in now and then to see how its going, maybe come back once its matured and perhaps the DC is a better option....and of course keep an eye out here to see what the community is saying and if dev communication improves.

There will still be lots of DC players left, and more will come along too I'm sure, just a shame that so many of us are leaving or have left already. Its not even just the constant nerfs its also due to it appearing that the devs just don't communicate to deal with any of our concerns or to let us know their current vision for the cleric. It certainly does not seem to match up to anything they have said so far.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Its not even just the constant nerfs its also due to it appearing that the devs just don't communicate to deal with any of our concerns or to let us know their current vision for the cleric. It certainly does not seem to match up to anything they have said so far.

They dont seem to have a vision of cleric at all if you ask me... unless they see a leader class as someone who stands behind and bark orders, because its all he/she can do in battle... I would understand dps nerfs, if they didnt nerf healing as well. But they nerfed both, so... not even good healbot anymore.
    Buffs/debuffs also are not so great (if, for example, divine glow was the size of divine armor than maaaybe). Terrible aggro indicates the possibility of tanking, but with our squishyness it desnt make sense at all. Unless someone goes for tanky build, but that have its uses in pvp only (and without decent dmg doesnt help much too)...plus no cc resist.

I am starting to think they put clerics into the game only because thats D&D, on second thought realised they dont need it, and now are deliberately destroying the class.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    'Leader'ship in a nutshell: "Stand fast, men! On my word, um...burn the boss! I'll be over here, chugging potions repeatedly while running in circles, with a hundred trolls and ice golems behind me. Don't mind me."
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That would summarize it all indeed.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I play my DC every now and then when a healer is needed. Same build I've had for quite some time, and I never have a problem solo healing in any dungeon. Only thing I've done recently is changed out my PvP gear set for a Deflect/Regen focused set, which helps out tremendously in PvP.

I agree with everyone on not understanding why all the nerfs are coming to DC's. But I still don't think any of them are game breaking by any means. It seems more and more I am running into near unkillable clerics in PvP, and in the last oh I dunno...30 or so T2's/CN runs I haven't heard one single complaint from the DC's in my group.

I stopped paying attention to the cleric forums a long time ago for obvious reasons, but I'm sorry I just don't see any of these changes as game breaking...even in the slightest.