test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

jmdjrjmdjr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone have any word on what the upcoming class will be? I'm intrigued.
Post edited by jmdjr on

Comments

• jmdjrjmdjr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping for a hunter, or a ranger more like.
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    I wanted the Ranger when I started playing ... I hope he's the next.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One of the ranger builds seems most likely followed by Scourge Warlock.
  • edwinledwinl Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    No word yet when or what it will be. Hopefully they release some kind of info soon.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You might try waiting until tomorrow and check the next thread about this. Or wait a day more for the next thread after that. Sigh... seems we get a new thread at least on a daily basis. And considering we will be lucky to get a new class this year, we're talking four months with a new thread every day about the new class - then four months with a new thread on a daily basis complaining about the class for whatever reason people come up with. Sigh...
  • sinangel3sinangel3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I can't make a new thread and this is, I guess, the closest I'll find to something that will encompass all I want to ask: One, So I looked for info on the new class, no one knows. Got it. That question was answered for me. Two: The coming soon class, is that the Drow? if the game was launched on June 20th like it says in the FAQs then that means 60 days after would be a week from now, correct? Three: While looking I saw something about Epic Class Choice, what is that? Thanks in advance for the help. :)
  • aurelias1aurelias1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want my melee Battle Cleric. :mad:
  • edwinledwinl Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    sinangel3 wrote: »
    So I can't make a new thread and this is, I guess, the closest I'll find to something that will encompass all I want to ask: One, So I looked for info on the new class, no one knows. Got it. That question was answered for me. Two: The coming soon class, is that the Drow? if the game was launched on June 20th like it says in the FAQs then that means 60 days after would be a week from now, correct? Three: While looking I saw something about Epic Class Choice, what is that? Thanks in advance for the help. :)

They're taking classes from the Dungeon and Dragon's list so we still have a bunch more classes to go.

Still need...

Paladin, Ranger, Warlock, Warlord, Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Warden, Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, Seeker, etc.

Got a entire list of things from Core, Alternative, Prestige, and Psionic classes...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_class_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sinangel3 wrote: »

Drow are a race not a class. More specifically they are an Elven sub-race. Moon and Sun Elves are coming out on August 22nd. The new class has not yet been announced, nor has a specific date been given, only "before the end of the year" has been said. Speculation has run rampant as to which one it will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • allanastarallanastar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hello all,

Cryptic I realize you all said you will have another new class by the end of the year.
    However the greatest weakness of this game is the classes.

I don't want to turn this into a class versus class debate.
    All MMO's suffer from a class versus class flavor of the week and month issues as far as balanceing.

Cryptic you now have decent amount of races in game.

However for those of that have played a lot in the betas as well as pre official launch.
    We already all have played the heck out of the exisiting classes.

I realize that you all said 1 new class by the end of the year.
    So I am not rushing as don't want new classes that are broken and bugged and not polished but cryptic if you could get 2 classes out by the end of the year it would be much better.

Then cryptic try to set goal of getting a 3rd and 4th new class out by spring 2014.

Basically for dungeons, raids, roleplaying , fun the lack of classes is killing this game, all the classes are semi standard MMO type classes except 1 of them.
    I realize that all the current classes aren't even done as farr as having 2 other builds per class in game yet.

But 5 classes there are there is nothing exotic about any of them, and there are not hybrid classes in yet as well as hybrid healer and caster classes, pet classes, bard, shaman, druid,ranger, monk, necro , mage,paladin etc that is just few the classes needed etc.

Again making 1 new class alone to get it developed tested, polished and balanced takes a lot time do realize that.

But till we at Neverwinter get to at least 9-10 classes I wont consider this a real MMO.
    By the time you get in another 4-5 classes then you will have a lot more content as well as end game content and raids, as well as finally letting each class spec to eiher pve, raids, pvp , hybrid etc.

So please cryptic assign extra developers to the new class team so you all can get out 1-2 new classes every 4-6 months.
    This is win win for cryptic and us players, Most of us players would pay for new classes the unlocks etc.

Seeing what cryptic charges for companions and mounts.
    I am expecting the new classes to be 25-30$ each.

Sorry for the long winded post, I love the game but once you have played all the classes it gets boring, more classes means more diversity in raids, dungeons, roleplaying as well as pvp also more crafting for the crafters cause there will be more new classes in the game, which also makes the auction house trader busier due to players gearing up all the new classes.

I do realize that with more classes long term, comes more balanceing issues for pvp etc but that goes with being a MMO.

thank you
    edited August 2013
    What is the eta of 2nd new Paragon Paths or all current classes as well as then a 3rd new Paragon Paths for all current classes?
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic what is the eta of new Paragon Paths for the 5 current classes?
  • glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would love to know this as well, when we will get the 2nd paths and then 3rd paths for all classes, currently with just 1 path we are forced to play a class with set playstyle pvp or pve or hybrid we cant stand we are stuck with it.

Please cryptic can you let us know?
  • glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am really bored with the current classes as well, would love a ranger, druid, shaman, warlock or necro, or bard, paladin, monk those are just a few of them can you give us update on what the time line for next new class give or take as well as new classes after that?

ty
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    allanastar wrote: »
    What is the eta of 2nd new Paragon Paths or all current classes as well as then a 3rd new Paragon Paths for all current classes?

Based on what they have said so far, I would guess we will get the paragon paths before the release of the next class. Don't quote me on that though.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I fully expect we will see a bit of news on this in the next two weeks. Once all the hoopla dies down from the expansion. We should start seeing teases on the next big thing.
  • rokoilrokoil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A lot of the spells cast in new module make me think a druid class in the works. And Gnome race.
    edited August 2013
    If druid is next I am looking forward to it, However also want ranger, bard, monk, necro,warlock,paladin shaman etc as well.

I do realize that making every one new class takes a lot time and money devs etc but this game will truly shine more when they have at least 9-12 classes more there will be more variety is dungeon loot , items. crafting items for more new classes, on the broker auctionhouse etc, end game , dungeons pvp etc just makes the game way more diverse as true dnd would be with more classes.

As I said I fully expect each new class since this is FTP to probably cost 20-30$ each to unlock that alone as well as extra character slots etc will be a cash cow for cryptic to supply us with more future new classes as well as end game, crafting, dungeons etc.

In short its win/win with new classes, why cause us players new and old and in between will be able to play to make more new mains and alts, and that alone will spice up raids, dungeons, heroic dungeons, and pvp, crafting etc which also means more players new and old will log in to play longer hours, as well as keep coming back to the game for the short term as well as long term.

The new classes give Cryptic Good Free PR with all the gaming sites every time they add 1 new class, and I fully expect most the future classes will cost 20-30$ each to unlock which I have no problem with.
    I have stated in this post every new class takes a lot of work from the cryptic devs, to create it, test it, bugs, builds, gear for it, balance, tweak and tune etc.

Cheers.
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic just like new classes we really need this for the current 5 classes so we can dual spec them switch to pvp pargon or the pve paragon or the hybrid paragon for each class etc.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Don't forget we are going to be getting new paragon paths soon as well. :)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    From what Andy said it didn't sound too far off and almost sound tied together with the new class. My best, unofficial, guess is hopefully by the end of the year.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic just like new classes we really need this for the current 5 classes so we can dual spec them switch to pvp pargon or the pve paragon or the hybrid paragon for each class etc.

Ya right your gona spend that much cash each and everytime you want to switch specs :P There is no talks about giving people dual spec at all right now. They make money as it is. So i guess if they charge you say 100bucks per character to give it dual spec you would be right in line to do so... LOL
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know, your question has a greater chance of being answered by a dev if you don't direct the question towards Cryptic or a dev. Most devs choose to ignore threads like these either by rule or personal preference.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
    edited August 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    You know, your question has a greater chance of being answered by a dev if you don't direct the question towards Cryptic or a dev. Most devs choose to ignore threads like these either by rule or personal preference.

This post is not meant to ask cryptic to answer it, its for all of us players to to talk about future classes, as well as act as tool for the devs to interject if they so chose to or not etc.
    I was not being rude or demanding or any of the above I was being honest about how much we all love this game in current state as well as future modules expansions with new classes and content etc.
    edited August 2013
    This post is not meant to ask cryptic to answer it, its for all of us players to to talk about future classes, as well as act as tool for the devs to interject if they so chose to or not etc.
    I was not being rude or demanding or any of the above I was being honest about how much we all love this game in current state as well as future modules expansions with new classes and content etc.

I agree with all the about future of more new classes!

Signed!
    edited August 2013
    Ya right your gona spend that much cash each and everytime you want to switch specs :P There is no talks about giving people dual spec at all right now. They make money as it is. So i guess if they charge you say 100bucks per character to give it dual spec you would be right in line to do so... LOL

I don't think they will have dual spec anytime soon, but most players want more then just 1 paragon path for each of there current classes, example my rogue only has 1 paragon path think its pvp type build, and I don't pvp hardly ever, so I would use the Pve or Hybrid paragon build instead if they had them in already.
    Understand?
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    just remember that every new class added, then has to go through the "It's too OP, nerf it" "It's too weak buff it" from the hordes and it's a guarantee that you will have a group saying both. Same for the paragon paths.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    I would love to see a TR path that is built around front line non stealth combat.
    edited August 2013
    caelith wrote: »
    I would love to see a TR path that is built around front line non stealth combat.

yah that would be nice
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    just remember that every new class added, then has to go through the "It's too OP, nerf it" "It's too weak buff it" from the hordes and it's a guarantee that you will have a group saying both. Same for the paragon paths.

This is 100% true but this happens in every MMO there will always be a flavor of the week and month class that is new or Over powered etc, its a vicous cycle.
This discussion has been closed.