test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known Issues - Please look here for updates!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

We're working on a number of known issues, and will post here with updates as they're available.

Known issue: Buyout price sorting may not be working correctly in the Auction House

Known issue: Profession Assets may be deleted after Profession tasks are completed

Update: this issue is limited to the "War Games Training" and "Resell Goods at the Bazaar" tasks.

Known issue: In certain locations, NPCs and other objects may disappear and reappear unexpectedly, appearing (or rather, not appearing) invisible or flickering

Known issue: Some players are seeing frequent client crashes

Update: If you're seeing an "Out of Memory" crash, please try changing your graphics settings to DX11/Dx9Ex, instead of DX9

Known issue: Foundry editing and reviewing are down

Update: we're bringing the Foundry editor back up, and have identified an issue where teleporters in Foundry quests have unexpectedly moved.

Authors do not need to fix their locations - an upcoming fix will move them back to their original position (teleporters placed at the moment may also move).

For this reason, we're keeping reviews disabled for the moment, to ensure that authors' quests with teleporters in them don't receive bad reviews due to a bug. Once we've fixed the issue, we'll republish those quests and re-enable reviews.

Please note that this is not a complete list of the bugs that we're working on - only the ones that are most widespread.

Thank you!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Known issue: Profession Assets may be deleted after Profession tasks are completed

Will you be compensating users for this issue or we do just suck it up and spend another $100 for new assets?
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for letting us know. I crashed to desktop just a few minutes ago myself. That has hardly ever happened with NW in the past.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the report.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please remember, when replying to this or any other thread for that matter, to keep your posts polite and on topic.

You catch a lot more bees with honey, than you do with vinegar.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Excellent, a little feedback.

Are there any plans about Nightmare Thursday or are you standing firm on that?

The villagers are at the gates...
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Please remember, when replying to this or any other thread for that matter, to keep your posts polite and on topic.

You catch a lot more bees with honey, than you do with vinegar.

An you get a lot more nightmares by exploiting then you do with real cash...
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're working on a number of known issues, and will post here with updates as they're available.

Please note that this is not a complete list of the bugs that we're working on - only the ones that are most widespread.

Thank you!

Whoa, what? So should we stop all professions until this is fixed? Assets, particularly high level ones, are astoundingly expensive and losing an asset that cost millions of AD or that someone paid cash for is a big deal.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    wizairdewizairde Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A bug that really stands out since open beta is the graphic hair glitch on mez renegades. When certain hair styles (the ones on all 3 of my chars) get on a mount the hair model has parts that stick straight up. Very distracting and makes screen shots on mounts nonviable ... Started around the end of closed beta and has persisted since then. Replicable and visible to others. Doesn't matter what graphics card, tried on multiple pcs.
  • Options
    spacemoose5spacemoose5 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You didn't include the fact that Chill no longer stacks on bosses. Is it a bug, or did you really stealth-patch that and ruin all cold wizard builds? Please confirm.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Glad I haven't bothered logging in yet for the update,same old cryptic fubar...
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »

Will you be compensating users for this issue or we do just suck it up and spend another $100 for new assets?

I think they won't because some people might just say they lost assets to get free assets, luckily I made screenshots as proof. As long as I get at least two hero's back I'm ok because they're expensive and I can get adventures easy.:confused:
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    add this to the list >> CN: Dracolitch AOE is f*cked up
  • Options
    kamerun2kamerun2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do you know of this issue.

-Timer on the TR's Lurker Assault is broken, furthermore Lurker Assault sometimes glitches the stealth meter and it makes it impossible to go in stealth until you die or change instances.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I have crashed a few times since the update and when that happens my monitor brightness changes and get really bright i have to restart my computer to fix it. This happens on NW only.
  • Options
    piglettapigletta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Right after patch I transmuted my weapon and boots,this is what i saw on the screen every time i used it.After relogging ,it disappeared,now i see it on my boots from time to time.
    http://i.imgur.com/bJDvP2j.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wizairde wrote: »
    A bug that really stands out since open beta is the graphic hair glitch on mez renegades. When certain hair styles (the ones on all 3 of my chars) get on a mount the hair model has parts that stick straight up. Very distracting and makes screen shots on mounts nonviable ... Started around the end of closed beta and has persisted since then. Replicable and visible to others. Doesn't matter what graphics card, tried on multiple pcs.

This happens on multiple races, and appears to be a problem with certain hairstyles and head armours. There's a thread in the bug report forum.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    chaoslegionairechaoslegionaire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This may be covered in the; "Known issue: In certain locations, NPCs and other objects may disappear and reappear unexpectedly, appearing (or rather, not appearing) invisible or flickering" issue, however when I go into certain dungeons about half of the environment flickers in and out of existence, resulting in showing the skybox it all sits within. It sounds similar to the mentioned, problem, but is on a much larger scale. And this happens even in DX11.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I noticed this happen a couple of time. In Karrundax after a spiker is sucked up in to a singularity, I was unable to target them for like 5 seconds after they dropped. It was like they were lagged out because I thought I saw some fading on them. I don't have lag issues otherwise.
  • Options
    sarlacc1979sarlacc1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 47
    edited August 2013
    In Foundry I can't get the Projector- Blood objects to work correctly, they were fine before update.
    Please try my Foundry campaign, "Olivia's Trials".
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Lashing Blade on my TR just started having a TWO MINUTE count down when I used it. Trying it again to be sure gave the same results.
  • Options
    centurian84centurian84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having trouble connecting to the servers. Been over an hour. Any Update?
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Known Issue Addition: Ranger Class is not implemented yet.
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I still have cape clipping, particularly noticeable on my TR & DC... Makes it difficult to grab good screenshots to post... Not very impressive when streaming if your cape always looks like it is suffocating you. This has also been an issue since the end of closed beta. May-June-July-August... How can we look forward to the big things if the small things are being ignored?
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So now we are losing precious assets?!

Seriously devs, if the module was half-baked, we could have waited a couple weeks more. I expected it around December or as earlier as October, not two months after launch. First the Nightmare Day, and now this. So I'll just stop doing Professions until this issue is solved.

And, by the way, your credibility was seriously damaged because you didn't do a rollback for the Nightmare Day. Just check Zone chat.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    when i logged in on my drow after the patch his skin was brown-red ish. not blue-black ish like i chose before patch... what happened :S?
  • Options
    yatashyatash Banned Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, There is an issue in Castle Never. Everytime dracolich does something, the Red circle is bigger (I mean the hitbox of this effect is bigger than it's suppose to be) than it looks. His AoE and breath. It's really hard for Trickster rogues to DPS the boss. Everytime I stealth and do impossible to catch I get knocked in the air when the dracolich does his AoE. Can you guys please fix this because, Castle Never isn't fun for me anymore. As a Trickster rogue, it's really hard to dodge something that you don't see.

OMG HELP CRYPTIC I AM NOT IN RED CIRCLE AND THIS **** STILL HITS ME WHAT HAVE U DONE TO THE DRACO***** even tho. i do impossible to catch he still knocks me up with his AoE gg wp cryptic best
  • Options
    drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »

SHOULD WE STOP ALL PROFESSIONAL ASSIGNMENTS? HOW COMMON IS THIS? IS IT BAD? I HAVE ALL MY WORKERS WORKING RIGHT NOW, AM I GOING TO BE LOSING MONEY INTO THIN AIR? WILL I BE COMPENSATED IN SUCH AN EVENT? I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MANY OF EVERY ASSET I HAVE SO I WON'T EVEN KNOW IF ANYTHING IS MISSING, HOW IS THIS BUG BEING TRACKED AND WHAT ACTION IS BEING TAKEN? THANK YOU. I AWAIT YOUR URGENT REPLY. :eek:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    when i logged in on my drow after the patch his skin was brown-red ish. not blue-black ish like i chose before patch... what happened :S?

Under advanced graphics option, finder your shader settings and turn them back up. That might help.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited August 2013
    The consumption of profession assets appears to be directly tied to tasks to upgrade them. If you have not been running any of this type of task, don't, and you should be fine.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    vordraxianvordraxian Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you kidding me?!? Profession ASSETS are disappearing?! As in Adventurers, Master Alchemists, Mithril tools - that sort of thing?! Holy hell - how do you know about that and not put some sort of immediate halt to whatever would cause that to happen!? That's just inexcusable. Give away nightmares all day long, but let people lose their profession assets and it's no big deal?
This discussion has been closed.