What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How is this really an exploit? They had to buy the keys. I did not know this happened but its really not an exploit.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    sarvarelsarvarel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    How is this really an exploit? They had to buy the keys. I did not know this happened but its really not an exploit.
    you go online, see that there are horses drawn one per second. "well seems normal like every other day, I go buy some keys and do the same." yea no exploit, everthing is fine with it /facepalm
  • Options
    fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

It really doesn’t matter to me if there are a few extra mounts in the game due to some people taking advantage of a glitch… but I feel that the response by cmpinpointterror was totally inappropriate and has made things worse. This is probably the root cause of people going up in arms!! … By stating that they were glad to see some lucky players rewarded, they have rubbed salt on the wounds of those who chose not to take advantage even though they were online at the time as well as those who spent a lot of time, effort or money to get a mount the legit way.

Sorry to say this, cmpinpointterror, but the repercussions may not have been so severe had you posted a well thought out response to this issue. Most don’t really care about the extra mounts in the game but giving a pat on the back to those who took advantage and encouraging such behavior has left a very bad taste…

I still love this game and will continue to play it, I just hope you guys realize the message that you have sent to your player base.
  • Options
    sunyamsunyam Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Community Moderators are indeed allowed to have opinions of our own and are by no means obligated to support the decision of the company.

Problem is, I'm not really sure where my opinion lies so as of yet I have remained quiet. I see both sides and I don't really know which side of the debate I agree with more.

To be honest I don't care that there's a bunch of horses on the market. After today they will basically be discontinued. In my opinion, in the long run, this 15 minute issue will mean nothing in terms of Infernal Nightmare rarity and value.

On the other hand it does set a bad precedent. It does seem like it should have been a common sense bug. And people did, in some way, get away with exploiting it.

But I also don't see a reason that those who didn't exploit but were simply lucky enough to be on should be punished, reprimanded or have value taken away from them. If they didn't get multiple mounts I truly say let 'em have it.

Both Cryptic and the players have their points...
    And I really don't know where my opinion lays. Quite frankly, especially after moderating the topics extensively yesterday, I'm just a bit numb about the whole thing and I am just happy to be enjoying the actual new content. :p

See there you go. For those people that got one mount and didn't exploit it, allow them to keep them. Those that abused and exploited it, take away all but one mount or ban them if they exploited it tons.

That way I think more people would be happy about it all.
  • Options
    dadeathwish79dadeathwish79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To all you crying morons. should think twice about calling people exploiters cause that is also against ToS attacking people in that manner is harrasment. I think the people that are making a big deal are people that wasnt on at the time this took place so since they couldnt get one they gonna cry about it, boo hoo. so what if you all put money into the game so have I. Its a game people my gawd and as for me getting one horse and with using 4 keys so now im exploiter cause i seen other people winning them so i thought id try. How was people to know it was a glitch in the win rate, thats it we didnt know. to us it was to be intended cause since the nightmare was being fazed out thought it was like a giveaway since new ones was coming.

All i know is that sh*t happens its life and get over it and move on. people will always complain about something. but the people asking for the money back keep dreaming

Get over it people, no roll back nothing gonna change
  • Options
    dadeathwish79dadeathwish79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you people are morons to say to ban people for taking advantage of the horses being won. people didnt know it wasnt intended to be that way and you want them banned, thats just rude some people are innocent on this.

People who want people banned should be banned themself cause they are now being selfish cause all they caring about is themselves and just acting the same manner as exploiters
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    1. It was for what 1 hour.
    2. People paid CASH for zen or exchanged diamonds for zen to buy the key or paid 58k diamonds per key.
    3. The majority of the time the drops out the boxes were garbage before this occurred.
    4. Cryptic decided not to do a rollback.

So yeah, this does not seem like a big deal to me. Sure I wasted about 160 on keys since I started playing this game and only got the two birds. I had no knowledge of this occurring until reading it here so I did not do it myself. Honestly the ones that did it should be happy because they can make a profit in the AH. The price of nightmares will drop and then go back up like it did with Dragon Eggs from the Tymora Event. People are going to cry about anything no matter what even when the company decided it was not a big deal. People even cried about the Tymora event. The criers who cry over this saying the game is ruined can simply go find a different game because it was for an hour and not days.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The cleanest fix would have been to make all the new mounts BoP. That way, everybody who got one "honestly" will get one, and those who got 50 mounts will be...eh, screwed.

Anyhow, I am slightly annoyed about this. I have no problems paying for vanity items - in fact, I spent quite a bit of cast to get keys to open enough boxes to get trade bars to buy a Twilight nightmare (the one with the blue flames, that is)...but vanity items like nightmare are only meaningful if they are sufficiently rare.

My second problem is that the exploiters may make a significant amount of AD, while the honest players suffer ... this also applies to players trying to sell a handful of enchants, and see the prices pushed further and further down by exploiters/farmers selling massive stacks....and Cryptic doesn't care one bit.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to spend one penny more on this game unless I see some attempts to stop this type of things.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This
    To all you crying morons. should think twice about calling people exploiters cause that is also against ToS attacking people in that manner is harrasment. I think the people that are making a big deal are people that wasnt on at the time this took place so since they couldnt get one they gonna cry about it, boo hoo. so what if you all put money into the game so have I. Its a game people my gawd and as for me getting one horse and with using 4 keys so now im exploiter cause i seen other people winning them so i thought id try. How was people to know it was a glitch in the win rate, thats it we didnt know. to us it was to be intended cause since the nightmare was being fazed out thought it was like a giveaway since new ones was coming.

All i know is that sh*t happens its life and get over it and move on. people will always complain about something. but the people asking for the money back keep dreaming

and this :
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

and someone don't understand why people are enraged? People could get over not to get the mounts but not to be insulted by those that got it with the blessing of the Admins
  • Options
    vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Get over it people, no roll back nothing gonna change[/ That's exactly what an exploiter would say. Justify your greed and burn in Hell. I hope you hit every branch the way down too!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This

and this :

and someone don't understand why people are enraged? People could get over not to get the mounts but not to be insulted by those that got it with the blessing of the Admins

What might even enrage them more is that some people who did not even do this are laughing at the people crying. The ones crying are possibly the ones who cried for this or that nerfed and ended up with every class being *balanced*. This thing with the lockboxes might have been planned to take some heat off of the damage done by the *balance* update.

• Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Give it one or two weeks, people will forget about this incident. But they will never forget how you handled it.
  • Options
    qgrievsqgrievs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Somehow I realized it's a good thing that I don't have any money yet to spend on anything from the Zen Market. :)
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013

Someone forget to moderate the trolls?
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sarvarel wrote: »
    you go online, see that there are horses drawn one per second. "well seems normal like every other day, I go buy some keys and do the same." yea no exploit, everthing is fine with it /facepalm

Except yesterday wasn't a "normal" day. It was a patch day after they had announced changes to the lockboxes.

Did Cryptic, at anytime before they took the servers down, say that it wasn't working as intended? If not, then how can you prove that the players didn't think this was an intentional change by Cryptic?
  • Options
    kittztrixkittztrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    I paid 3000 zen for a purple mount, when can I expect a refund? Thanks.

erm.... you paid 3000 zen for a purple mount..... you have a purple mount... all i can see here is.... he's got more than me, mine cost more than his, mwahmwahmwah.... get a grip children, seems the only people winging here are the ones that got nothing for free, and hate the idea that others did... All this baloney about devaluing etc is just cry baby stuff, those that didn't profit can also profit by buying one cheaper than normal.... if thats ok with the cry babies. I cant even imagine what its like in real life to be friends with folks like that.... GREEN is the colour.
  • Options
    lordredrumlordredrum Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    this is bull. i spent good money and ad on keys so i can get one and now poeple get them in every box, and some have over 20 wow how are you going to fix this for your paying customeres and all the poeple that didnt get one. you guys suck for letting this happen. you should of did a roll back or hook everyone up that didnt get one.
  • Options
    kittztrixkittztrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm seriously considering putting in a dispute with Paypal right now to reverse my recent Zen purchase. I have 2800 Zen in my wallet and my eventual plan was to use 2500 to buy a mount, but there's no way in hell I'm going to continue to play the game after this ..

erm... helloooooo the mounts are seriously cheaper i understand.... go buy one.. fill your boots... gods sake its like taking your coffe back because they gave you too much....REALLY!
  • Options
    spudviciousspudvicious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Perhaps in your corporate world, by the many companies that I've worked for saw the BBB as a scam, and refused to buy into it.

For our own edification and to have a better idea of who we should be listening to, would you care to list these "many" companies that you've worked for and why their opinion matters? I'd also be curious as to the conditions of your separation from these many companies. It would greatly explain your stance if we knew such things.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    lordredrum wrote: »
    this is bull. i spent good money and ad on keys so i can get one and now poeple get them in every box, and some have over 20 wow how are you going to fix this for your paying customeres and all the poeple that didnt get one. you guys suck for letting this happen. you should of did a roll back or hook everyone up that didnt get one.

They're not going to fix it. They're going to ignore it until this thread doesn't get so many complaints every day and then they're going to delete the last remnants of proof on these forums that this exploit ever happened, and hope we forget about it.

And I'm going to be buying all my Neverwinter goods from exploiters from now on instead of PWE, since apparently PWE and Cryptic support their behavior. They're "lucky," and those of us who bought keys before the exploit or didn't take part of it are just suckers.
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We totally hear you on that. A rollback was one of the options we considered for the Nightmares, but please keep in mind that Caturday was a major, major issue with a huge influx of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds. If we did not take the servers down and roll back then, it would have collapsed the Astral Diamonds economy. And, Caturday resulted in a day (if I recall correctly) of downtime.

We had to weigh that option carefully versus our other choices. Ultimately, we decided that addressing the issue immediately was the most important. We felt that any player who was lucky enough to unlock a Nightmare mount because of something that was on us this morning should be able to keep it.

This isn't something we decided on a whim. These decisions are very difficult to make and many factors are involved from players to the devs. And, please remember that we make them with only the community and players' best interest in mind. Hopefully, that clarifies some things for you.

So let me get this right

• Caturday was a major, major issue with a huge influx of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds.
    • But the Gold Sellers and just pure greedy players exploiting a 750K+ Astral Diamond mount is not going to give those players a huge influx of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds. (I'm not talking about the ones that got one. I'm talking about the ones that blatantly got 5-10-20-30-100 mounts from this.) Your ToS specifically say weather they spend money or not if they exploit they can be banned for it with 0 refund. Yet you refuse to do that. You could even just take away all the excess of nightmares from each player say anyone with more then 2 Inferno's delete the rest there loss as they exploited KNOWINGLY none of these players were "new" or didn't "realize what they were doing was wrong"
    • If we did not take the servers down and roll back then, it would have collapsed the Astral Diamonds economy
      • Soooo the gold sellers and greedy people having a surplus of Astral Diamonds from there surplus of Nightmare Mounts
      • to resell for cash and or exchange for zen (125zen for potentially 1000+zen) is not damaging at all to you guys?
    • We felt that any player who was lucky enough to unlock a Nightmare mount because of something that was on us this morning should be able to keep it.
      • You said "A Nightmare mount" Again what about the one's with a surplus of Nightmare Mounts now they get to keep every single one and control the Diamond Market.
    • This isn't something we decided on a whim. These decisions are very difficult to make and many factors are involved from players to the devs.
      • So approx 1 hour is not a decision made on a whim it's a well thought out and documented fully discussed decision that is 100% for sure the BEST thing you can do (Because a roll back to when the server went live with a full refund of zen to all (exploiters and none exploiters) is not feasible not at all...)
    • And, please remember that we make them with only the community and players' best interest in mind.
      • Well the majority of the community and players are demanding:
        • you roll that back,
        • ban those exploiters/gold seller accounts,or
        • at the very least remove the excess of the mounts themselves.

(Unless of course your company owns one or two of those Gold Seller sites that participated in said exploit then it would make sense why you wouldn't want to do one of those 3 options.)

Hopefully, that clarifies some things for you.

All this clarifies is that you don't have the community and players' best interest in mind. OH and that you support exploiting.
  • Options
    yngvar1yngvar1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    as a guardian who got hit with the stalwart bulwark nerf, im really upset with the way the handled it.. we worked to get our set and used it for quite a while and they let it be for a while. i understand it was a given that it would be nerfed tho since it was powerful but they let it sit too long

now we have the mount scandal and they say its fine? it just happened for 30mins+ and can easily be remedied, but nope they let this one slide.
  • Options
    trollmctrollertrollmctroller Banned Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup the entire conversation was moderated, which is understandable as it was getting pretty derailing and could have lead to personal attacks.

Nah theres nothing personal going on here lol. I dont hate you at all viking heh. though it did get derailed.

Edit: If you wanna get back on topic then here we go.

They needed to do a rollback plain and simple. It was obviously what the community wanted but they did not listen(again). What people are going to do now is hold all these nightmare mounts in a bank and sell them nice and slow so they dont diminish the value too much and those people that have 100s of them will walk away from this eventually with 100s of millions of AD that they should not have. Also, Im guessing the main reason there isnt a rollback like caturday is because during caturday people were immediately exchanges the ADs they made to Zen, costing PWE ALOT of money. In this case the people aren't doing that just yet because they need to sell the mounts they received first. Watch once those mounts get sold and watch all of the Zen on the exchange dissapear. They will be kicking themselves for not doing a rollback when they are out possibly 10s of thousands of dollars in Zen.
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, they obviously benefited greatly from this whole thing. The Zen/AD rate is quite high, which IMO is very likely the reason this whole 'free mount for 45 mins' stuff happened. The Zen/AD ratio was hugely inflated by it and people rushed to buy zen. Additionally, the attractiveness of buying AD from a gold farmer was diminished. Especially if you had a limited amount of money to spend and you bought zen during the frenzy to open lockboxes.

I was not online at that time, but, their peculiar reaction to this incident and numerous attempts to hide the facts about it are clear indicators of premeditated deception. The only reason they posted this BS update about the 'issue' is so that everyone would complain in one thread that is so long nobody will bother to read it. Then they can delete everything at once instead of the 15 threads posted every few minutes that they originally had to delete/close etc.

I'm still playing, but, my enthusiasm is greatly dampened and my money is **** sure not leaving my wallet. I have a good friend I was attempting to convince to come and join me here. At this point I wouldn't wish this 'experience' on my worst enemy... well, maybe on him, but, not anybody else for sure.

I hope the money you made yesterday was worth sacrificing significant long term earnings for. That is exactly what you have done. I don't believe for one minute the BS responses we have been given. Additionally when counter points that dispute your foolhardy assertions are posted they are summarily ignored and the thread is closed. (See last nights maintenance thread, 2nd to last post).

Yesterday I wasn't sure if I would play a Cryptic/PWE game again in the future. Now, I am certain that I will not. I'll stick around to get my moneys worth, but, I'm not sinking anymore equity into this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Nah theres nothing personal going on here lol. I dont hate you at all viking heh. though it did get derailed.

Edit: If you wanna get back on topic then here we go.

They needed to do a rollback plain and simple. It was obviously what the community wanted but they did not listen(again). What people are going to do now is hold all these nightmare mounts in a bank and sell them nice and slow so they dont diminish the value too much and those people that have 100s of them will walk away from this eventually with 100s of millions of AD that they should not have.

I think the reason they didnt do a rollback like caturday as new AD wasnt being pushed into the system that; 1 either wasnt there in the first place, or 2 wasnt purchased with Zen. During Caturday new ADs were being created out of no where, which would have demolished the economy. This event will have an impact, but not one that great.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It is only free AD/ Zen if people are willing to buy the mounts from them. Just them getting a bunch of mounts doesnt instantly translate into millions of AD. They still have to go through and sell the mounts and hope that theirs get bought over others and that there are enough people willing to buy them.

This whole event isnt that devastating to the economy. There is a surplus of the mounts and so the demand will fall out for them, and it is just moving AD around that is already there. It isnt creating any new AD like Caturday did.
  • Options
    spudviciousspudvicious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They needed to do a rollback plain and simple. It was obviously what the community wanted but they did not listen(again). What people are going to do now is hold all these nightmare mounts in a bank and sell them nice and slow so they dont diminish the value too much and those people that have 100s of them will walk away from this eventually with 100s of millions of AD that they should not have.

That first post-maintenance maintenance is exactly when they should have done a rollback. Now, the situation is worse, imo, because it's far too late to reasonably roll back without turning back a lot of people's time and effort and play. Fixing the problem now is going to require a ton more work than it would have a day ago.

PWE/Cryptic made this mess, and many of us (myself included) feel they have not properly handled it. I'd really like to know what they will be doing both internally and externally about this situation and potential future situations like it.

The absolute worst part, though, is their characterization of the cheaters and exploiters. I realize that there were a very few people that could be considered genuinely lucky, but there were FAR more people who saw an opportunity to cheat the system by exploiting a bug and went for it. There is nothing lucky about that, except possibly for the company's response to their cheating. The company appears to be endorsing cheating and exploitative behavior by this response, and I'd certainly appreciate an real explanation, as well as a more proper response.

I daresay most of us have a pretty good idea why the company has let this go so far, but imo, it's not too late to fix it.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Maybe the GM's will sign in and just start handing out rank 10's and piles of AD to their buddies.

This would be the response: "Those lucky players. Rest of you, don't worry, you'll get over it."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The ONLY reason this thread exists is so that this issue can be more easily contained and the posts which they do not want people to see can be moderated more easily. I've had several posts deleted which contained no foul language and violated no other rule regarding participation in the forum.

It's much easier to censor one thread than it is an entire forum.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've never even bought a key or opened a lockbox, so I can't even imagine how pissed those of you who have spent large amounts of money on 'crock boxes' must feel.
This discussion has been closed.