Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    jadedlilithjadedlilith Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    mrhyde1975 wrote: »
    wow you guys *****ing about this make me laugh. its not really a big deal doesn't its not like it really affects much it's just a **** mount get over it. It's not like it attacks or increases your stats go back to wow with the rest of the children.

At first I was kind of 'meh' about it. But then I though it over and this whole thing is really screwed up.

For one thing, this was reported on test server but once again the devs didn't listen. And it was live only for 20 minutes; they could have done a rollback with minimal impact. Just like Caturday and other exploits, the devs did nothing until it became widely exploited and only after it was exposed did they try cover their asses. Those who did the 'right' thing and did not exploit once again got screwed over. This is part of a pattern.

Secondly, it's not 'just' a mount. Those mounts sell for huge amounts of AD. Whoever opened tons of boxes in those 20 minutes are now rich. I should note too that being that this was on test previously, many people were prepared to exploit this. One guy got 6 in a row.

Lastly, this is a HUGE slap in the face to those people who spent money or ground out AD for keys before the exploit; those who opened tons of boxes just for ONE horse. I'm not one of those people but I certainly feel for those that did.

This is a huge fail on the devs' part. If it was a one time thing maybe I would let it slide, but as I said it's part of a pattern. This, combined with the constant introduction of bugs and random pointless nerfs, makes me think I am done with this game and anything else from Cryptic/PW.

And for the smartasses that would ask why, then, am I posting: 1) I used to like this game/it's okay to be critical of things you like in the hopes of improving it. 2) The devs should know why they are bleeding players. 3) Because your mother plays card games in hell!
  • Options
    bowiethemantisbowiethemantis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "View Poll Results: Poll Removed

This poll is closed

This poll was not Official "

Never saw the numbers on this poll, but I can tell what people wanted just by looking at whats up there now... and I know it's not what Cryptic wanted.

Anyways, who wants to do some exploits? :D
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    It was a horribly biased poll with 100% "I quit" options.

For some reason when I merged the threads it prevented the removal of the poll.
    So that's the best I could do as far as cleaning up the atrocious poll. :p

Let's not make assumptions. :)
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they simply ignore the fair player. since they prob got a nice income yesterday, they don't care if there 4-500 more nightmare in game, they made $$$$. for the other like me opened 60-70 box for get 1 and used a lot of real money, who care -.- we was so stupid to use real money on that game. lesson learn, a new company that care abount incoming $$$. btw, they was right the game isn't pay to win, is exploit to win.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Wow a game that endorses the use and abuse of exploits. I just have to say WOW!!!

They made money off this exploit. I bet we will see in the future exploits that cost money to exploit. Its good marketing in a way. But its also a slap to the face of people that spent a bunch of cash to get one or that never got one and spent a bunch of cash.

I think this was sort of done on purpose to bring in some cash quickly. They knew about the exploit before going live.

LOL ya OP it is exploit to win LOL thats a good one i will be using that in future posts

Oh this thread is going to get closed also. Its going negative to the company always threads get closed when they get like this. Censorship is the norm on this forum. Cant let new players see the truth
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just don't buy one. Peeps want unique items and if everyone has one - no one will want one.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    aarladilaarladil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They could always just hand out 1 free Mystic Nightmare to all players who don't currently own one............... maybe?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    took me 70 box for get 1, sold it and whit the AD i got the tiger for all my alt. personally, i think's i will neve buy zen whit real money anymore. and i was also thing's on buy a fey pack :/ whit that, i will not do it for sure
  • Options
    falthazaarfalthazaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had just talked two friends into playing the game after the new content patch. *Shiny new patch*. I was going to spend $100 on profession booster packs for a shot at the weapon and artificer assets. After this mount situation, the no PM bug, AH sorting not working right, etc.. I told my friends not to bother and didn't buy anything. It was bad enough when I wasted 6000 zen on booster packs, trying for Lillend, only to come to the boards and realize the drop rate was roughly 0.5%, but letting this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> go after all the people who've gambled on the original odds for lockboxes? This is BS. This company only cares about cash grabs and doesn't care about its customers one bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    no, because if they give free mount to the 2 mil comunuty player, they will lost a lot of cash. if you assume all the 2 mil buy zen whit money is liek 40$ x 2mil= 80 mil. yeah, i know that not all buy zen whit money, but even if only 2-300 buy it there still a lot of cash.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    falthazaar wrote: »
    I had just talked two friends into playing the game after the new content patch. *Shiny new patch*. I was going to spend $100 on profession booster packs for a shot at the weapon and artificer assets. After this mount situation, the no PM bug, AH sorting not working right, etc.. I told my friends not to bother and didn't buy anything. It was bad enough when I wasted 6000 zen on booster packs, trying for Lillend, only to come to the boards and realize the drop rate was roughly 0.5%, but letting this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> go after all the people who've gambled on the original odds for lockboxes? This is BS. This company only cares about cash grabs and doesn't care about its customers one bit.

So you never read any posts on this forum before starting this game? You should of known from reading posts what the company and game is like. Its your fault for not doing the research on the game
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aarladil wrote: »
    They could always just hand out 1 free Mystic Nightmare to all players who don't currently own one............... maybe?

I don't think there is an easy way out of this, and that is why Cryptic has took the "do nothing' approach.

If they gave everyone MN mounts, it would still negate all the money players spent trying to get the thing before today.

If they do a rollback, they would be punishing the players for their mistake.

Perhaps they could add a new, unique, mount (or reskin the current one) and apply it to everyone who had a one for a lockbox before today. But I would imagine that would take a huge amount of resources to implement.

Cryptic has done gone and got themselves in a very sticky situation. I'm not sure if just turning their heads and whistling and hoping that it will all just go away is going to work.
  • Options
    falthazaarfalthazaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So you never read any posts on this forum before starting this game? You should of known from reading posts what the company and game is like. Its your fault for not doing the research on the game

Forums are generally gloom and doom. And at least they responded properly for Caturday. I also have friends who work at Cryptic, so originally I was supporting the game for them. Now it's "Sorry, dudes... your company sucks."
  • Options
    jadedlilithjadedlilith Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    Here's the response:

View Post (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?459001-Neverwinter-Evening-Maintenance-08-22-13/page2&p=5748441#post5748441) We totally hear you on that. A rollback was one of the options we considered for the Nightmares, but please keep in mind that Caturday was a major, major issue with a huge influx of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds. If we did not take the servers down and roll back then, it would have collapsed the Astral Diamonds economy. And, Caturday resulted in a day (if I recall correctly) of downtime.

We had to weigh that option carefully versus our other choices. Ultimately, we decided that addressing the issue immediately was the most important. We felt that any player who was lucky enough to unlock a Nightmare mount because of something that was on us this morning should be able to keep it.

This isn't something we decided on a whim. These decisions are very difficult to make and many factors are involved from players to the devs. And, please remember that we make them with only the community and players' best interest in mind. Hopefully, that clarifies some things for you.

Are you kidding me? Are you actually bloody kidding me? I just can't believe you would have the gall to post something like this.

People who exploit like this are "lucky"? People gaining tons of expensive mounts and selling them is not generating ill-gotten AD?

And oh yeah, "Caturday" was on YOU as well. You copy/pasted the code and the EXACT SAME BUG from Star trek Online! In Neverwinter it was a known issue for who know-how-long that was reported and ignored. It ONLY got a 'fix' after people started posting it in forums and making it widely public. And that was not the only exploit reported and ignored. There were GFs equipping their purples at level 5 and 1-shoting dungeon bosses and many others.

This mount issue, reported on the test server I should remind you, was only live for 20 minutes. In fact, I'm sure some people prepared to exploit this since they knew about it on test beforehand. A 20 minute roll back is not much. In fact, after learning about it, I left and did something else because I was so sure there was going to be a rollback. I guess what I should have done was look for exploits on the test server and then been in the game as it went live to exploit like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Also, if this is the official response, go to the home address and slap in the face each person that bought zen and opened a ton of boxes to get one legit flaming horse before this exploit. Everyone should get refunds on any keys they bought.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Errors happen.

Doing nothing to compensate the error is not acceptable. You must take the consequences.

Give a Nightmare to all the players. This is the only solution. Nightmare is not exclusive anymore. You need to take care of your customers.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    most of us seen these mounts coming left right and center mate, we did NOT choose to act upon it, because we did NOT want to exploit the game, i had plenty of gold/AD to buy keys, i chose not to... thinking, this is game breaking, it is going to get rolled back. unfortunately for those who didnt exploit, we get punished the prices of mounts dropped, we were left there having a giggle at PW's expense... how fail they had made it, and THEN ... *smack in the face* "that's what you get for not exploiting" here you go kids, keep your exploited gains... i rest my case :::: "Exploit early, Exploit often." you shall live by this code from here-on-in.

so did you not do it because it was game breaking or because you figured it was pointless since there would be a roll back? My question for you is simple, had you known that there would have been no roll back.....would you have kept opening boxes?

If you truly decided not to because it was a game breaking exploit than I applaud you. But if you decided not to simply because you thought there would be a roll back, then you prove my point.
  • Options
    meingottmariemeingottmarie Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm one of the lucky players. And since I'm not playing for too long and for the first time ever in my life, I'm not one of those people who know exactely what's going on. I'm still learning (a lot by doing). I had one box left and I was honestly afraid they would soon after the installation just delete it, so I gladly opened it soon after the server was up again and got a nightmare. For me a really big deal, since I've never won anything whether in Neverwinter nor in real life. I was really just happy to get one and I was probably one of the first to, cause at that time it really seemed to be luck. I did realize that this must have been a bug when within minutes hundreds of people got a nightmare too, but I haven't seen one person that got more than one horse and I was there until they shut the server down again.
    I'm sorry for everyone who didn't get a nightmare. I really am. And If I could I would share this horse with all of you. But at the same time I'm thankful for this gift that wasn't taken away from me again. And I won't sell it, that's for sure. The hate and jealousy within this forum is something I don't understand. I do get that you're frustrated, I clearly would have been too, If I wouldn't have been there at the right time or If i wouldn't have had a box or a key, but then again, I would have seen it as fate. I'd say I might get lucky another time. People win everyday while I don't, some people get born rich, I need to work hard for my money. And what about the real exploiters in real life? Can u honestly hate and bluster because of a few players in an online game but not because of real exploiters that exploit YOU every single day? You strike here, but not outside your door, where the real problems lie?

You can hate on me now.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    There should have been a rollback. It was only 20 minutes or so of lost play time and most players would have agreed with the extra downtime. I can also see why so many people are furious about this decision and with the original post that started this whole thread. With that being said, I honestly do not think they decided against the rollback because it made them a lot of money. I also believe the original post was not intended to be a slap in the face. I really think he was just congratulating a lot of lucky player and had no idea many of them intentionally exploited a bug. Please read on....

In my opinion (it doesn't mean much) I think that when the development team decided there would be no rollback they still had no idea people knew about the bug ahead of time. We have to remember, this decision was announced pretty quickly after the servers went down and I really don't think word had spread to them yet that this issue was posted on the forums a week ago. Lets face the facts... everyone at PWE went into crisis mode as soon as they shut down the servers and I really doubt anyone from their company was reading the forums while their newest creation's birth was being put on hold. They were more concerned with fixing the problem and getting the game back online as quickly as possible, and that is exactly what they should have been doing.

When they made their decision I believe they knew it was their fault and they did not want to punish players who just got "Lucky". I realize a lot of people got mounts all in a row, but that is easily explainable because many people open their lockboxes in a row. When I open my boxes I open them one right after the other until all of my keys are gone. If this bug/exploit was something brand new and had never occurred before these players would have truly have just gotten "lucky" due to a mistake the development team made. Of course they knew many players jumped on the bandwagon once they realized there was an exploit, but determining which players were exploiters would just be way too difficult and would result in unfair punishments for some. You have to keep in mind that (in my mind) PWE did not know the original "Lucky" people were most likely well prepared to exploit this bug. Separating the guilty from the innocent would be impossible and they really didn't want to anger a bunch of players who spent money and accidentally found a bug.

It is very possible that they STILL had no knowledge players exploited the system when this thread was started. I would imagine they were still pretty busy at PWE after this fiasco was fixed and no one was reading the forums. I know the moderators were here but I have no idea how information from the forums is communicated to the development team. I assume someone from PWE reads some of the post when they have time and the important issues are brought to their attention by the moderators through email. But that is just my assumption. If communication is just in the form of email it would be easily overlooked during a crisis.

That does not absolve the development team because this should have been caught way ahead of time. I knew about this problem from the test server and I NEVER expected it to go live. To make it worse, there was actually more than one thread about the problem posted on the EXACT same day and both post were apparently missed. The poster of the second thread thought the bug was just a glitch in the announcement system. This goes to show that someone from PWE really needs to pay more attention to the bug forums. It may be a good idea to make it a requirement that someone from the bug department replies to EVERY report from now on. This would give you accountability and it would also let the players know that their reports are being read. It is time PWE spent a little money and began communicating with the people who play their game.

Disclaimer...I do not defend this company often. Just read my other posts if you don't believe me. I also did not get any mounts. The server was already down again before I tried to log in.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You are right..but now they know and they have done nothing in the way to apologize to the players for they mistake. It is like someone slap you in the face and says:" escuse me I didn't want to slap you..here take this other slap to the left side of your face so it will not be jealous of the right side that I hit previously"
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't actually think they want our money, this exploit madness is a slap in the face but the mess of this whole module 1 launch is a joke anyway.

Plenty of bugs/errors that were either already reported or fixed on the main shard are now present here, updates/fixes stalling and not installing properly..

What the hell is going on? Anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It was a horribly biased poll with 100% "I quit" options.

For some reason when I merged the threads it prevented the removal of the poll.
    So that's the best I could do as far as cleaning up the atrocious poll. :p

Let's not make assumptions. :)

No ambisinisterr, the 2nd poll you merged was the terrible poll, not the first one; stop telling lies, I made the first one. The 6 options was
    1. I paid more than 50 on the game, and i'm quitting
    2. I paid more than 50 on the game, and i won't pay a dime in the future after the incident
    3. I paid more than 50 on the game, and i'm going to continue supporting the game
    4. I paid nothing yet, and i'm quitting
    5. I paid nothing yet, and not planning to do so after the incident
    6. I paid nothing yet, but i might still pay for Zen in the future despite the incident
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I would like to take the time out to point out Ban Evasion is against the Rules of Conduct.

As such recent posts which conversed with a ban evader have been removed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Rule 5.03 - Ban Evasion is Prohibited
    If your forum account is banned for a violation you may not use another account to continue posting while your account is banned. Doing so will result in additional punishments.

Rule 3.07 - No Replying to Rule Violations
    It is inappropriate to respond to Rule Violations. Unfortunately, we cannot always provide Moderator coverage of the forums 24/7. Rule Violations will happen and will be taken care of when the first available Moderator is able to get to it. We ask that you respect the Rules and instead of replying to them, report them to us instead via the "Post Report" button on the bottom left of the offending post.
  • Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    to sink the ship, before leaving the game, try to spread the word on facebook/twitter, coz a lot of ppl still aren't aware of this.

On the first day of its long waited module 1, Cryptics' Neverwinter Online witnessed a huge wave of exploit which allows a precious epic item to be obtained at 1/20 of its original market cost, a bug that has been reported on its own test server 6 days prior to the launch, but received no attention from the devs. After the incident, Cryptics did not perform any rollbacks and expressed no intention of taking any sort of measures against the exploiters, neither are they willing to track down the exploited epic items.

Time to spread the word, people !
  • Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded."

This is why im mad, ok u dont want to correct your error, fine, your problem i dont care if some ppl have many horses now and will sell them later, this bug wasnt gamebreaking. But to openly say that players was lucky, wth? That wasnt luck. Lucky players were ppl who got the horse before the bug. After bug it was just exploiting and im a little dissapointed that i couldnt open my boxes couse i wasnt home:o
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hetz000 wrote: »
    "Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded."

This is why im mad, ok u dont want to correct your error, fine, your problem i dont care if some ppl have many horses now and will sell them later, this bug wasnt gamebreaking. But to openly say that players was lucky, wth? That wasnt luck. Lucky players were ppl who got the horse before the bug. After bug it was just exploiting and im a little dissapointed that i couldnt open my boxes couse i wasnt home:o

quoted for truth.
    But they don't seem to realize it
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    poll is now removed? Censorship much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sarvarelsarvarel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It was clear as day to me, that there was something wrong, when I logged on after the patch. So me and my brother decided not to play and waited for the next maint + rollback to fix all this. Well you did a 2nd maint, but you did not rollback anything, no you even told me, my brother and a lot of other honest players, who did not participate in this nightmare hell "f*ck you dip****s, we do nothing, you get no compensation, haha" And to all the bug abusers (intentional or not) "You are the lucky one's enjoy your new mounts"

At least give every char a 110% mount to compensate, so that the abusers do not get cash for their mounts. Would still be unfair against the players, who got one before the bug went live, but i guess that's a solution many could live with. Doing nothing is the worst you can do.
  • Options
    kialoskialos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    heavymet4l wrote: »
    Lesson learned, avoid any PW game, any chinese related mmo company, i'll spread information in any future mmo related site. Worst mmo experience in 10+ years of gaming.

If that's the worst you have experienced allow me a massive LOL or maybe I will take upon me to do a ROFLMAO.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One of the players from my guild made over 50m ad from this exploit/bug. Because I didn't want to be banned, I'm still mad I didn't exploit too. Now I see why so many people angry, I want 50m ad too. ;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    poll is now removed? Censorship much?

Poll was never there to begin with. :)

This is an Official Feedback thread, the poll has no place on it.
This discussion has been closed.