What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    sarvarelsarvarel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One of the players from my guild made over 50m ad from this exploit/bug. Because I didn't want to be banned, I'm still mad I didn't exploit too. Now I see why so many people angry, I want 50m ad too. ;)

that's why I just told to give everyone such a mount...
  • Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    One of the players from my guild made over 50m ad from this exploit/bug. Because I didn't want to be banned, I'm still mad I didn't exploit too. Now I see why so many people angry, I want 50m ad too. ;)

50M, that is 100 horses...
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This could have been avoided if after the fix they would have said: "Ok some players got a little too lucky,since we are an happy family here, let them share their"luck" with the less fortunate players. From now on nightmare mounts cannot be sold for more than 20.000 AD at the AH ."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You are going in the wrong direction, ppl (exactly what Cryptics wants)
    What this incident reflects, is not some economy being ruined or people who exploit getting richer...
    It's their attitute, how they handle the outcome of a huge mistake, which had been btw reported on the test server 6 days ago.

People don't want games with irresponsible dev team.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why is people so upset with this minor issue??? even the people who got mounts had to buy keys to do so, and avg success rate during that 30 minutes was under 50%, still a lot, but means that you had to use 2 keys for mount at least, so people got nightmares for 100k... that's not an ordeal, that's just a minor issue, so minor that the mounts are still at the same selling price and people is still buying them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Why is people so upset with this minor issue??? even the people who got mounts had to buy keys to do so, and avg success rate during that 30 minutes was under 50%, still a lot, but means that you had to use 2 keys for mount at least, so people got nightmares for 100k... that's not an ordeal, that's just a minor issue, so minor that the mounts are still at the same selling price and people is still buying them.

The fact that the mounts are still at the same price does not necessarily mean that there aren't 10000 out there.
    You'll see people dumping horses (so the price drops) only if the devs swear to track the items down.
    Now that the devs, instead, reassured exploiters that their items are safe, they'll just milk them as has been pointed out like a million times in this very thread by other people.
  • Options
    uareajokeuareajoke Banned Users Posts: 32
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    The fact that the mounts are still at the same price does not necessarily mean that there aren't 10000 out there.
    You'll see people dumping horses (so the price drops) only if the devs swear to track the items down.
    Now that the devs, instead, reassured exploiters that their items are safe, they'll just milk them as has been pointed out like a million times in this very thread by other people.

They won't. They clearly have stated exploiters has lucky players. And since several comments are being deleted on this forum and posts tossed into spam on facebook, they show theire true colours...
    And no matter how valid our argument is, they just ignore us. So all I can say is prepare for something else... This is a sinking ship that refuses to recognise it...

Read it quick, cause its going to be deleted again. Thank god for screenshots :)
  • Options
    jediknight16jediknight16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Look like Cryptic is doing everything to repel players from their game. First we've got a game where near everything need to be bought by real money (mounts, companions, respec, bags, bank slots), and now those who use bug exploits are rewarded. Never seen that on any mmo, you're really gonna make people run away from Neverwinter and Cryptic if you keep this way
  • Options
    digibytedigibyte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I say good on the people who got lucky.
    thosepeople who bash the developers are ignoring the other side of the argument

To point out a fatal flaw in your cries of anger and jealousy...

If they took back the horses, people would get mad, if they re-rolled the chance for everyone who got a nightmare, people would cry and be upset "why me and not someone else?"
    etc etc

or rolling back the server characters? what about ppl who worked hard on something? or got some sweet rare loot that they just needed? and they would lose that just because some one else got a nightmare?

Also, its just a nightmare horse. S what? They can run 150% faster around a corner or over a hill...

Conclusion
    "Get over it"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Personally, I would Roll back the server and if possible keep items that people have equipped.
    its a balance between some people having to many AD etc etc.

however, on the other side, it could be interesting to see how this swarm floods the market.
    All that happened is a bug/patch was forgotten, maybe it was on purpose? other then the AD issue, there's no real harm to the game
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2013
    I wonder that if "thousands and thousands" epic horsies were unleashed last night, before servers went for emerg. maint. then how come there is still only few ones on sale at AH?

Yes prices dropped, natural way of life after happening like this, but it's still "high enough" and atm at Dragon 13 horsies on sale.

Yea I saw the amount getting high before they took servers down, but I doubt that it's the amount that people are talking. And yesterday I didn't saw many horsies anyhow on the Protector's enclace.

Or I'm just wrong.
  • Options
    jediknight16jediknight16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    digibyte, devs can just take back the mounts that have been received by players right after the FoF update, without having to roll back anything for others. That's what all mmo developpers do when an exploit bug is used. And most of good mmos also ban players for taking benefit of a bug exploit. Here, they're rewarded with a supposed-to-be-rare mount and "enjoy it". Good day for bug exploiters, from now they'll know they can still act the same without any risk, and being granted of kind words from the community team. Let's all cheat, hack, and bug exploit. Could be used as slogan for Neverwinter : "the way it's meant to be bug exploited"
  • Options
    uareajokeuareajoke Banned Users Posts: 32
    edited August 2013
    digibyte wrote: »
    Personally, I would Roll back the server and if possible keep items that people have equipped.
    its a balance between some people having to many AD etc etc.

however, on the other side, it could be interesting to see how this swarm floods the market.
    All that happened is a bug/patch was forgotten, maybe it was on purpose? other then the AD issue, there's no real harm to the game

It won't flood the market. Theire will be some simple players who toss it on theire for a quick sale. But the majority will put it on the AH once & awhile, to get max income from it. Why sell it quickly when they have allready several millions?
    Getting the max out of it is what they are planning with it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    To the Mod who is deleting Posts, Please don't. this is a discussion.
    if the context has offensive content then simply edit the post and remove it.

Just, stop using your mod powers incorrectly and unjustifiably. People are entitled to their opinion.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Context is pretty important and you guys are missing the context in some of the moderation. ;)

Digibyte, I moderated your post and the response you received was no longer pertinent to your post after it was edited. As such the post was removed.

As for some of the other posts I am going to, again, remind people that Ban Evasion is against the Rules of Conduct and those posts as well as the responses to those posts will be moderated accordingly:
    Rule 5.03 - Ban Evasion is Prohibited
    If your forum account is banned for a violation you may not use another account to continue posting while your account is banned. Doing so will result in additional punishments.

Rule 3.07 - No Replying to Rule Violations
    It is inappropriate to respond to Rule Violations. Unfortunately, we cannot always provide Moderator coverage of the forums 24/7. Rule Violations will happen and will be taken care of when the first available Moderator is able to get to it. We ask that you respect the Rules and instead of replying to them, report them to us instead via the "Post Report" button on the bottom left of the offending post.

And finally, if you have a question about the moderation do not post it within this thread or it, too, will be removed as it is Off Topic. Instead PM a moderator about it and they will be more than happy to respond. :)
    Section V - Forum Rules / Disciplinary Actions

. . . . If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us. Discussions of the Rules and Forum Moderation on the Forums is not allowed.
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want refund for my 50+ keys i had spent and not get even 1 mount!!
  • Options
    herxtheslayerherxtheslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imho if there wasn't an official notification in the style DON'T OPEN F$$$$N' LOCKBOXES IT'S A HAXXORRRZ on the launcher (and if it's not gamebreaking like in this case) it was a good call to let people keep it.

If someone actually did purportedly exploit the glitch it's easy to see in the database as s/he would have bunch of mounts obtained in those few hours.
  • Options
    sabrazesabraze Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Well.. so people got extra horsies... good to know. The fact that its gonna affect the economy severely is not so good to know...
  • Options
    noraveknoravek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Err, where can i get a refund for the keys i spend before the bug and didn't get a single Nightmare?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Why should you? If they would give now 50 horsies to every player in game, you shouldn't get a refund even then.

Yes they messed up, fixed it and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens.

Carry on.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terhikki wrote: »
    I wonder that if "thousands and thousands" epic horsies were unleashed last night, before servers went for emerg. maint. then how come there is still only few ones on sale at AH?

Yes prices dropped, natural way of life after happening like this, but it's still "high enough" and atm at Dragon 13 horsies on sale.

Yea I saw the amount getting high before they took servers down, but I doubt that it's the amount that people are talking. And yesterday I didn't saw many horsies anyhow on the Protector's enclace.

Or I'm just wrong.

Horse prices dropped to like 200k right before server went down and then when I finally was able to log back in they were 800k+.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since some of the mods obviously don't agree with this, can we get some of YOUR opinions? I think somebody said mods are allowed to have opinions. Are we wrong or do YOU think this is fair?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Horse prices dropped to like 200k right before server went down and then when I finally was able to log back in they were 800k+.

Yea I can understand that, but if the amount would be as huge as ppl think, prices would've stayed at that range for sure. Not that it matters to me, but just a thought.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    The Community Moderators are indeed allowed to have opinions of our own and are by no means obligated to support the decision of the company.

Problem is, I'm not really sure where my opinion lies so as of yet I have remained quiet. I see both sides and I don't really know which side of the debate I agree with more.

To be honest I don't care that there's a bunch of horses on the market. After today they will basically be discontinued. In my opinion, in the long run, this 15 minute issue will mean nothing in terms of Infernal Nightmare rarity and value.

On the other hand it does set a bad precedent. It does seem like it should have been a common sense bug. And people did, in some way, get away with exploiting it.

But I also don't see a reason that those who didn't exploit but were simply lucky enough to be on should be punished, reprimanded or have value taken away from them. If they didn't get multiple mounts I truly say let 'em have it.

Both Cryptic and the players have their points...
    And I really don't know where my opinion lays. Quite frankly, especially after moderating the topics extensively yesterday, I'm just a bit numb about the whole thing and I am just happy to be enjoying the actual new content. :p
  • Options
    thunderquntthunderqunt Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The-only-time-you-should.png

So this is what he has to say to his CHILDREN. Which is what most of the complainers are sounding like in my opinion. "It's not fair".

Such is life, I say.

I have been playing this game for the best part of 3 months. I opened 11 Lockboxes and got pretty much nothing, but I knew the risks and I rolled the dice anyway. Congrats to those who got the horses, I'll race you with my Unicorn any time you like ;P
  • Options
    tharsoniusvbtharsoniusvb Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2013
    I don't care about the horses nor do i care about the money some are making from this bug. The only thing that bothers me is the atitude from the devs. If an obvious breach of the ToS gets you a "enjoy it" or "lucky", i have realized i played this game the wrong way.
    I used to have quite a strong opinion against all sorts of exploits in the game, especially the T2 dungeon "speed runs", boss suicides, etc. I felt it was dishonest, a cheap way and disrespectful to the devs. I changed my position on this topic since yesterday. Obviously exploiting is fine with PW/Cryptic and people who want to play the honest way are suckers. Well, you get the players you ask for. Thanks for clearing up any questions about the official policy on exploiting. Got it.
  • Options
    spazum888spazum888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    but they didnt fix it.... they lowered the rate the mount drops, but thats it...... they didnt do any rollbacks for people that were clearly using an exploit. they let them get away with it because they got a few hundred in key sales. i hope they are happy with that because they just lost ALOT of potential customers, including me who was a customer and supported them. not anymore.
    __/_____/________/____________/_________________/_______________________/
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Ugh, a bit unrelated, but using my nightmare mount that I won legitimately by opening FAR too many boxes, gives me the creeps now. Like I'm advertising myself as an exploiter when I'm not.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Both Cryptic and the players have their points...
    And I really don't know where my opinion lays. Quite frankly, especially after moderating the topics extensively yesterday, I'm just a bit numb about the whole thing and I am just happy to be enjoying the actual new content. :p

Heh, I'm kind of in the same boat although from a corporate standpoint I think Cryptic made the best mitigated decision, that is - for the time being. Going forward I think it would be very prudent of them to look over logs and determine who if any abused the situation and deal with those people according to their own user policy.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The-only-time-you-should.png

So this is what he has to say to his CHILDREN. Which is what most of the complainers are sounding like in my opinion. "It's not fair".

Such is life, I say.

I have been playing this game for the best part of 3 months. I opened 11 Lockboxes and got pretty much nothing, but I knew the risks and I rolled the dice anyway. Congrats to those who got the horses, I'll race you with my Unicorn any time you like ;P
    And you shall not rebel vs thy king because he is the ointed one by thy Lord. And if thine master whip thee kiss the hand that hold the whip because it was said that there is nothing more endearing to the Lord that humble and defendless ones that follow His way.
    I tell you those things so you will be saved and you will be taken to your rewards in the afterlife were the very fruits of the trees are Astral Diamonds by a wonderful mount with the wings of an angel. Amen
This discussion has been closed.