What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the bug was only live for 15 minutes, why is it so hard to do a 15 min rollback? Seems like such a no-brainer. But, maybe taking a steaming pile shaz on legit players is the goal here? Seems strange. But different strokes for different folks, I guess.... even if it is highly unprofessional. Well, I'm extremely disenchanted with the game at this point. Such a slap in the face.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    If the bug was only live for 15 minutes, why is it so hard to do a 15 min rollback? Seems like such a no-brainer. But, maybe taking a steaming pile shaz on legit players is the goal here? Seems strange. But different strokes for different folks, I guess.... even if it is highly unprofessional. Well, I'm extremely disenchanted with the game at this point. Such a slap in the face.

Many people are. They lost a lot of players today and it's their own fault for how poorly they handled this.

The game is all downhill from here, folks ....
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    There's other people in the screenshots getting mounts too.

Actually I only see one player to whom those alerts are assigned to in those screenshots.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

I can't tell you how immensely disappointed I am that you have decided to reward exploiters.:(

Sincerely
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    canukk wrote: »
    probably longer then it took before we saw you whining...

Yeah I'll agree it'll take them longer. Par for the course.
  • Options
    dineraendineraen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, its been a really bumpy road Neverwinter, but its safe to say that im not gonna play this game anymore - lots of bots and exploiters. Ruining all the fun and meaning with the game - just horrible!

Farewell..!
    216322203105215181214.png
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    I can't tell you how immensely disappointed I am that you have decided to reward exploiters.:(

Sincerely

My thoughts exactly. They won't see another dime of my money after this. Not even via the "Earn Zen" freebies. A company that would stoop so low as to reward people who took advantage of their own oversight and screw over the players who chose not to because they knew it was wrong... it's pathetic. Completely pathetic. I've never seen a business operate like this before. It's appalling. But hey, we're just a few pissed off people, they don't care about us.

Way to go, you greedy dirtbags... (Devs)
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bullschit wrote: »
    +1 Plus a extra helping of Guac and Sour Cream.

Great, now I'm hungry.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    Does that ToS apply to the test servers? I would think the point of the test servers is to clearly define the problem.

Rule 3.01 - No Posting of Exploit Details
    The forums are not the place to post Exploit Reports or name Exploiters or other bad behavior.

By that statement not even the test server section of the forums can discuss exploits.
  • Options
    ialistarialistar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The blinds over this guys eyes are darker then wesley snipes....

He is dumb, leave him be. Truth is, the economy of the game was once again fuc-ked and nothing is going to happen about it
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Actually I only see one player to whom those alerts are assigned to in those screenshots.
    Then you didn't look at the very first screenshot, of multiple players being announced as having gotten nightmares.
  • Options
    kinkizzlekinkizzle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rage harder, guys..... I was online during the exploit, I didn't exploit it. I'm also only slightly miffed by the Devs lack of rollback. Think about it~ That's just MORE downtime, MORE ragers, and MORE waste of time drama that no one needs. Get your asses back in the game and be comforted knowing that Cryptic will be much more careful in the future. Side note: THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE ALL OVER THE PLACE LOOKING TO PURCHASE NIGHTMARES. Go "exploit" your Trade channel and cash in on some loot from those exploiters. Buy low & sell high in a few months when no one will ever see them again. (USE YOUR HEADS, FFS)
    tumblr_mry0vjhNHJ1roqyfdo1_500.png
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I'm only 3 weeks in, but, at this point I'd have to say my motivation to play has been greatly diminished. I can't say as of yet whether I will quit or not, but, that option is definitely on the table and it never has been before.

I wasn't even remotely unhappy before. I believe they still have a chance to save a lot of the people who are leaving, but, it will require them to make amends and apologize before time runs out. People's interest is only maintained for so long before you give up and find something else to do.

When a similar situation arose while playing Dragon Nest, I was greatly irritated and my will to play the game evaporated. I fully intended to come back later, but, after going a few days without logging in, I lost interest. I never went back to play again.

I'd prefer Neverwinter not become the latest game on that list. It's up to those of you who make the decisions and the people that communicate them to us.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kinkizzle wrote: »
    Rage harder, guys..... I was online during the exploit, I didn't exploit it. I'm also only slightly miffed by the Devs lack of rollback. Think about it~ That's just MORE downtime, MORE ragers, and MORE waste of time drama that no one needs. Get your asses back in the game and be comforted knowing that Cryptic will be much more careful in the future. Side note: THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE ALL OVER THE PLACE LOOKING TO PURCHASE NIGHTMARES. Go "exploit" your Trade channel and cash in on some loot from those exploiters. Buy low & sell high in a few months when no one will ever see them again. (USE YOUR HEADS, FFS)

Is this your first Cryptic game?

They won't be "more careful in the future". They don't learn from their mistakes, they make the exact same ones over and over.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Buy a nightmare mount 'low' for 500k AD and sell high? If that is what you are planning to do then good luck with it. The only reason the price hasn't cratered to a more significant degree is because of the magnitude of people holding onto them to sell in the future.

I doubt we will see a significant price rise anytime soon. Perhaps you have 500k AD to stash away in your bank for 6 months, but, most of us do not.

Also, the idea that Cryptic will be more careful in the future is a foolhardy one. I thought they would be more careful after the previous Caturday situation. Sadly, they learned next to nothing from that. So what reason do I have to believe that this time will be any different?

I mean, I'm really looking for a silver lining here, but, it is awfully hard to find one.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rule 3.01 - No Posting of Exploit Details
    The forums are not the place to post Exploit Reports or name Exploiters or other bad behavior.

By that statement not even the test server section of the forums can discuss exploits.

Well that brings to light another more important question. Did that user - who posted those screen shots - follow through with the appropriate course of action in reporting a bug?

I really don't understand the point of those screen shots. They say very little as to what's going on. Like I said they could point to a multitude of different coding errors present within the script and could simply be superficial.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    On top of everything else, I can't stay logged in for more than 10-15 minutes in Protector's Enclave without crashing to desktop. In the past month of playing this game I did not experience one single crash ever. Upon launching after the content release, two crashes in less than half an hour.

So even if I wanted to forget about all this and naively believe that it will never happen again, I can't. If you are able to, then I am happy for you. Enjoy the game as much as you can for as long as you can. Just be weary about feeding the beast with your hard earned money.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm only 3 weeks in, but, at this point I'd have to say my motivation to play has been greatly diminished. I can't say as of yet whether I will quit or not, but, that option is definitely on the table and it never has been before.

I wasn't even remotely unhappy before. I believe they still have a chance to save a lot of the people who are leaving, but, it will require them to make amends and apologize before time runs out. People's interest is only maintained for so long before you give up and find something else to do.

When a similar situation arose while playing Dragon Nest, I was greatly irritated and my will to play the game evaporated. I fully intended to come back later, but, after going a few days without logging in, I lost interest. I never went back to play again.

I'd prefer Neverwinter not become the latest game on that list. It's up to those of you who make the decisions and the people that communicate them to us.

Yeah, they'll lose many players today and it will mostly be the good players ... the ones they'd want to keep. They're trading those players in for the Exploiters. It's unbelievably foolish. However much money they made this morning from exploiters is a drop in the bucket from the money they'll lose from the fallout of this moronic decision.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Then you didn't look at the very first screenshot, of multiple players being announced as having gotten nightmares.

I see one other player so, you're right on that. Still these images are not enough for me to go nuts.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just like when after that gift tymora event and people had 100's of eggs and we thought clothes would be 50k but they weren't, horse prices are still high. And my luck, if I had've exploited like everybody else we would've all got banned. But since I was a good girl, I missed out on millions of ad.:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    On top of everything else, I can't stay logged in for more than 10-15 minutes in Protector's Enclave without crashing to desktop. In the past month of playing this game I did not experience one single crash ever. Upon launching after the content release, two crashes in less than half an hour.

So even if I wanted to forget about all this and naively believe that it will never happen again, I can't. If you are able to, then I am happy for you. Enjoy the game as much as you can for as long as you can. Just be weary about feeding the best with your hard earned money.

You too? I was kinda hoping I was the only one. Those bug reports are where I'm expressing my opinion of the company and their tactics. If it's happening a lot that means they're probably not reading them. ****.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well that brings to light another more important question. Did that user - who posted those screen shots - follow through with the appropriate course of action in reporting a bug?

I really don't understand the point of those screen shots. They say very little as to what's going on. Like I said they could point to a multitude of different coding errors present within the script and could simply be superficial.

I agree the screenshots/post are lacking information. However, the odds that this bug wasn't PM'd or e-mailed or ticketed to Cryptic at the very least a handful of times is incredibly unlikely. It reminds me of when I quit Diablo 3 because of the invulnerable wizard bug. I abused that one as soon as I found out about and ultimately it ruined the game for me. The illusion that I could at some point become incredibly powerful if I had good enough gear was completely shattered.

I ran around invulnerable with offensive based gear only and it was still a pain in the *** to kill mobs on the hardest difficulty.

The point is, that D3 bug had been reported numerous times for at least 2 months to Blizzard and they fixed it within 36 hours once it was posted publicly on the forums. It doesn't get fixed until the **** hits the fan.

I don't know about you, but, I don't smell very good with **** in my hair.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dray42 wrote: »
    You too? I was kinda hoping I was the only one. Those bug reports are where I'm expressing my opinion of the company and their tactics. If it's happening a lot that means they're probably not reading them. ****.

Yeah, I foolishly left a write up in the first one, then when it happened again I realized it must be pretty common. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my computer which is rock solid. It does not crash, ever.

Does the game crash outside of PE? I could at least potentially play the game then, assuming I stick around.
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Sodium Derpenate is now available in the Pharmacy.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I agree the screenshots/post are lacking information. However, the odds that this bug wasn't PM'd or e-mailed or ticketed to Cryptic at the very least a handful of times is incredibly unlikely. It reminds me of when I quit Diablo 3 because of the invulnerable wizard bug. I abused that one as soon as I found out about and ultimately it ruined the game for me. The illusion that I could at some point become incredibly powerful if I had good enough gear was completely shattered.

I ran around invulnerable with offensive based gear only and it was still a pain in the *** to kill mobs on the hardest difficulty.

The point is, that D3 bug had been reported numerous times for at least 2 months to Blizzard and they fixed it within 36 hours once it was posted publicly on the forums. It doesn't get fixed until the **** hits the fan.

I don't know about you, but, I don't smell very good with **** in my hair.

I hear ya. I'm not on anyone's side, I just don't advocate mob rule. I need more proof before I start to become dour about a game I very much enjoy. I encourage other's to take the same stance.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The bug itself is absolutely not the problem. It's that they did not undo the damage. All they would have needed to do was a tiny rollback and then let people open boxes with legit odds. Done. Simple. It's absolutely baffling that they didn't repair the damage when it would have taken so little.
  • Options
    digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    I think a lot of people are going to be miffed at 'lucky players' as they chose not to take advantage of the practically guaranteed mounts.

I'm offended by the Dev's calling these people lucky. If it would have been one person who took advantage of a bug that person would have been penalized. I suspect that Cryptic is over joyed with the wads of cash they collected which is why they have looked the other way.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    The bug itself is absolutely not the problem. It's that they did not undo the damage. All they would have needed to do was a tiny rollback and then let people open boxes with legit odds. Done. Simple. It's absolutely baffling that they didn't repair the damage when it would have taken so little.

Agreed. I doubt the game's reputation will ever recover from this. Whoever had the final word and decided to handle it this way is an imbecile.
  • Options
    flitser87flitser87 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Stop spending money into this pathetic company. Dev team fails in every way. We had to deal with your **** for 4 months...
    Now u won't fix this? Fine, exploit the living daylight out of this failure mmo. U won't see any income from me.
    Now, stick my I Quit Card high up your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that u choke on it. PWE = failure.

love it how they delete messages. But hey, lets repost!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    flitser87 wrote: »
    Stop spending money into this pathetic company. Dev team fails in every way. We had to deal with your **** for 4 months...
    Now u won't fix this? Fine, exploit the living daylight out of this failure mmo. U won't see any income from me.
    Now, stick my I Quit Card high up your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that u choke on it. PWE = failure.

love it how they delete messages. But hey, lets repost!

Indeed. They are putting in more effort covering this up than just rolling it back a little. I'm going to be sure to periodically repost to keep awareness up. Hopefully something actually gets done about this. I've already got one foot in the quitting grave already (was perfectly happy with the game yesterday) so really nothing to lose.
This discussion has been closed.