What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    ajronthankajronthank Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the name "exploit" or another name - its NO MATTER !!!

THE PROBLEM IS THAT NO ALL PLAYERS HAVE EQUAL CHANCES AND RULES!
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    I guess you missed where the bug was publicly posted last week in the preview shard bug report forum. Did you think people just randomly found out that the lockbox rate was broken as soon as the server went up? Nope, people were waiting with keys and lockboxes in hand.

Show me the proof.
  • Options
    moogle71moogle71 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ill miss u guys , but certainly not the devs

I FORGOT TO SAY PW made too much money from this they wont rollback ,too much money to lose ,they prefer the game to die slowly " its ok we got new players " wouldnt be suprise if this thread would be closed /put back far in the forum soon"
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    Show me the proof.

LOL do you want proof, lol?

here is the proff from 8/16/2013

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    turosturos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Excuse me for sounding spoiled, but I come from League of Legends, where the communication between the Devs and the Players is beyond awesome, you'll have Devs post hourly, or even more if a discussion gets rolling. To say that the "usual" is radio silence is absolute absurdity. The fact that they simply let this exploit slide is beyond frustrating, not because of the over-saturation of a mount that took me about 60$ to get, but because THEY LET IT SLIDE!

Instead of doing a simple 1-2 hour rollback, which would have changed NOTHING, they decided that it was a "happy accident" which was a slap in the face of ANYONE who worked hard or paid much to get an inferno horse. This whole event has spoiled the Feywild for me, so much so, I don't even want to touch new content, much less play the game at this time. I might be back, but for now, I'm chalking this game up to be another failure due to greed.
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I was totally happy playing and supporting this game and had planned to spend another $50 on zen soon. Having only been here three weeks I was not exposed to any of the previous issues players have experienced. I have read about them on the forum, but, I thought all the was in the past. I was dead wrong.

I think are most of us are less upset about the bug/exploit occurring and more upset about how this drastically effects the economy. We players are all in a competition with one another. So when I spent $50 to upgrade my characters, it feels like it is actually making a difference.

It is hard to feel like spending any amount of money will allow me to compete at this point though. Seeing as how many fellow players have a virtually limitless supply of mounts which can be easily converted to AD and/or Zen. So explain to me how this doesn't drastically effect my time in the game in a negative manner?

Explain to me why you chose not to fix the issue by rolling back the server OR at the very least limiting every player who opened lock boxes to ONE mount and then refunding the keys for the remaining boxes opened? That would be a much more palatable than the current horse **** I am being fed.

I'm sure either fix would have required some effort on your part and I imagine your resources at this point are already strained. That is not my problem though. My problem is that my money in this game will not go as far now. My problem is that people I was even with are now potentially pulling WAY ahead of me with their mountain of in game currency.

Tell me how you are going to address this. If you are unable or unwilling to undo the damage then at the very least you better do something to restore the goodwill you have lost.
  • Options
    garrath1garrath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Working in IT Security for 10 years I'm pretty sure I know what an exploit means. It is using a bug, but the bug has to be known for a period of time for it to be considered as an exploit. In this case they took the servers right down and fixed it. Players didn't have enough time to exploit the bug. They may have gained from it by chance, but didn't consciously abuse it.

Cambridge Dictionary: -to use someone or something unfairly for your own advantage

In this case, a bug, the term and principle, fits perfectly. You gain from a bug once, it's 'by chance', you gain 50 times, it's an exploit, unless you don't consider that 'conscious abuse'.

Anyways, terminology aside, people's eyes are open. The community concern (mine at least) isn't with the individual exploiters, but Cryptics handling of the situation. For all we know, they intentionally let the 'reported bug' into live so they could make large volume key sales. Though, I suppose, if that were the case then the so called exploiters wouldn't be exploiters at all.
  • Options
    deadlytalondeadlytalon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

You just made it official, I will NEVER EVER spend another dime on this game. Put my work into getting the mount, Watched one guy get over 19 of them to himself... This is BULLCRAP, You guys knew about this problem, Allowed it to occur, now refuse to do a rollback ? WORST SERVICE TEAM EVER
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Show me the proof.
    ok, publicly posted August 16.
  • Options
    deadlytalondeadlytalon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    garrath1 wrote: »
    Cambridge Dictionary: -to use someone or something unfairly for your own advantage

In this case, a bug, the term and principle, fits perfectly. You gain from a bug once, it's 'by chance', you gain 50 times, it's an exploit.

Anyways, terminology aside, people's eyes are open. The community concern (mine at least) isn't with the individual exploiters, but Cryptics handling of the situation. For all we know, they intentionally let the 'reported bug' into live so they could make large volume key sales. Though, I suppose, if that were the case then the so called exploiters wouldn't be exploiters at all.

Well you could be right, seeing how they knew about the bug WEEKS ago and still patched it with the bug in place.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Proof here

8/16/2013

What happened Mr security IT the dog ate your tongue?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Proof here

8/16/2013

What happened Mr security IT the dog ate your tongue?

That truly says nothing. You'd have to draw your own conclusions as to what's happening there.
  • Options
    trollmctrollertrollmctroller Banned Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That truly says nothing. You'd have to draw your own conclusions as to what's happening there.

The blinds over this guys eyes are darker then wesley snipes....
  • Options
    fennelfennel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm finding it hard to articulate just how incredibly disappointed I am with this turn of events. You're calling exploiters "lucky"?! I spent far, far more than I should have to get a horse for myself. I got one from the first lockbox I opened and gave it to my hubby. I was so sure I'd get one more, but after so many keys, I started to feel like I was at Vegas. Gambling is not my game.

Do you have any idea how I feel now, knowing that I contributed to your game, but received so little for it--and some people *knew* about an exploit and willingly went there--and now you deem them _LUCKY_?

I know that Neverwinter's chances of ever seeing me make another cash shop purchase has dropped to lotto winning or lightning strike odds.

Make this right. Don't treat the people who supported your game this way. All for the sake of a handful of greedy exploiters. They're definitely going to wait for the next "time is right." I think you need the honest players more than them.

Give every character a FREE mystic horse. Make it so every character comes standard with the thing. Call it the Abject Apology Appaloosa. But give it to every player--at least to every player who ever opened a lockbox, gambling on good fortune, only to be spit on by exploiters *and* your company.

I'm just...well, heartbroken. I expected so very much better from Neverwinter.
  • Options
    garrath1garrath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013

LOL, i'm remembering that one.
  • Options
    minxybumminxybum Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013

change that for this guy.. and this is appropriate for so many reasons :')

bill-duke-03.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, it's only one person getting 10-15 nightmares in a row before any other logs come through, and 30-40 total in a few minutes. Nothing funny happening there, no sir!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, it's only one person getting 10-15 nightmares in a row before any other logs come through, and 30-40 total in a few minutes. Nothing funny happening there, no sir!

Or the alert text is just spamming for the one mount received? We wont know, because it's just an image and I'm not making assumptions as to what it means.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fennel wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to articulate just how incredibly disappointed I am with this turn of events. You're calling exploiters "lucky"?! I spent far, far more than I should have to get a horse for myself. I got one from the first lockbox I opened and gave it to my hubby. I was so sure I'd get one more, but after so many keys, I started to feel like I was at Vegas. Gambling is not my game.

Do you have any idea how I feel now, knowing that I contributed to your game, but received so little for it--and some people *knew* about an exploit and willingly went there--and now you deem them _LUCKY_?

I know that Neverwinter's chances of ever seeing me make another cash shop purchase has dropped to lotto winning or lightning strike odds.

Make this right. Don't treat the people who supported your game this way. All for the sake of a handful of greedy exploiters. They're definitely going to wait for the next "time is right." I think you need the honest players more than them.

Give every character a FREE mystic horse. Make it so every character comes standard with the thing. Call it the Abject Apology Appaloosa. But give it to every player--at least to every player who ever opened a lockbox, gambling on good fortune, only to be spit on by exploiters *and* your company.

Well put. My thoughts on this issue are similar to yours.
  • Options
    trollmctrollertrollmctroller Banned Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fennel wrote: »

=( dont hate Neverwinter because there Devs/Pubs are imcompetent. Thats like blaming a baby for being an orphan becasue its parents OD'ed on herion.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Indeed. I hope Mr. Security IT dont let his boss watch what he is postingh here, because you aint got a clue about Security Mr IT. If I was your boss you will go to retraining.
  • Options
    bullschitbullschit Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    laeaornya wrote: »
    This. With an extra helping of burritos.
    +1 Plus a extra helping of Guac and Sour Cream.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or the alert text is just spamming for the one mount received? We wont know, because it's just an image and I'm not making assumptions as to what it means.

Per the ToS people are not allowed to post how exploits work.

Thus you have players having to make vague posts when addressing exploits. But PMs were sent and reports filed. Players on the test server knew what was up.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Indeed. I hope Mr. Security IT dont let his boss watch what he is postingh here, because you aint got a clue about Security Mr IT.

Two options with this person, troll or intentionally obtuse (can provide definition if required).

But this thread isn't about him, we're better served continuing the 'honest feedback' to the staff.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Exactly. For those who don't know about this (since you where not in Beta or where not logged on during Caturday), on May 19th a game breaking exploit of the AH was found which allowed those who knew of it to get Free Astral Diamonds which in turn allowed them to get free Zen through the Astral Diamond exchange. As soon as the devs learned of this a roll back was initiated bringing the game state back to what it was some 7 or 8 hours previous when the exploit started, the exploiters where banned and the rest of the community received 50 full heals, a vanity cape (used to change appearance of any neck item), fashion hat, 5 teleport scrolls and 2 +25% XP items that each lasted 40k xp.

They don't "always" turn a blind eye.

On may 19? that exploit been around weeks before that, they only fixed it when not just 3 people were doing it. lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, that happens all the time. no wait, doesn't happen at all on live or preview (if you had access to preview). There's other people in the screenshots getting mounts too. And it happens so much people just ignore it and not report it as a bug.

Since you worked in IT security for 10 years, you know you have to investigate bug reports. This was very obviously not done, a dev looking at that could tell something funny was going on just from looking "hmmm, that doesn't look right...".
  • Options
    thorhammer1thorhammer1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    s.h.i.t.storm.....NW bye bye!!!

All exploiters have buyed keys vor this DAY.....All serious gamer have no keys......only exploiter have 100.000 Inferno Nightmares!!!!
  • Options
    canukkcanukk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wonder how long until we see some... backpedaling.gif

probably longer then it took before we saw you whining...
  • Options
    luuuzikluuuzik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ,**** that mounts and **** lockboxes ,and **** **** ****.........
    jebane kropkowanie
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Per the ToS people are not allowed to post how exploits work.

Thus you have players having to make vague posts when addressing exploits. But PMs were sent and reports filed. Players on the test sever new what was up.

Does that ToS apply to the test servers? I would think the point of the test servers is to clearly define the problem. Someone shows me these pics and I can come to at least 5 coding errors as to why you'd get spammed like that other than what the common assumption is.
This discussion has been closed.