What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why do people keep saying that you have to spend real money to get zen. Exploiters don't do that.... duh. They exploit and bot gold/AD. They buy items from other players with exploited (botted) gold then sell them for AD. Or, even just straight buy the keys with gold from other players. They also exchange AD for zen.

Now, they just got MILLIONS richer, which is only going to hurt prices in the AH for everyone else. What's being done about it? Nothing. In fact, the devs are congratulating this. Really really absurd.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying that you have to spend real money to get zen. Exploiters don't do that.... duh. They exploit and bot gold/AD. They buy items from other players with exploited (botted) gold then sell them for AD. Or, even just straight buy the keys with gold from other players. They also exchange AD for zen.

Now, they just got MILLIONS richer, which is only going to hurt prices in the AH for everyone else. What's being done about it? Nothing. In fact, the devs are congratulating this. Really really absurd.

Yep. Today was supposed to be a day of fun to explore the new content. Instead what did we get? We got to see the game we've loved get ruined. Now that the cheaters know the path is clear, what do the PWE managers think will happen next? Less cheating or more? Morons ....
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lame, lame, lame... there's not a **** single good MMO out there one can play without encountering all kinds of cheap - such as this exploiting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not being dealt with properly.
  • Options
    flitser87flitser87 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    lame, lame, lame... there's not a **** single good MMO out there one can play without encountering all kinds of cheap - such as this exploiting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not being dealt with properly.

Theire are, but PWE is just to incompitent... Its typical. Now I know why Marvel didn't want to work with them...
  • Options
    digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    Many of the angry ones here are going off the assumption that everyone who logged in and opened a lockbox after the patch was an exploiter.

The Devs on the other hand are saying that these players were not exploiting, they simply opened it at an opportune time when there was a small bug, and therefore were lucky - because it was a small time frame before servers came back down to fix the bug.

So what we can all gather from this is that A) The Devs really think highly of us all, and B) The Devs know more than we do about the subject. They probably knew about the bug because they fixed it fast after the servers came back down. Maybe they forgot to fix it before go-live? Who knows, but they fixed it.

I think we all need to relax and understand that this is an MMO in it's infancy. If you like it, you should support it whichever way you can.

Your post is inaccurate.

I was online at ZERO hour. I logged in right after the patch was put online. At first there were a few Nightmares showing up... but the wave of successful Nightmares grew steadily every minute until it was so bad it was like my screen was being spammed by an advertiser.

Literally every second there was a mount being found, so your post and any thing that Cryptic wants the public to believe is complete BS. People knew they were exploiting the game.

Cryptic made a dump load of cash and that is why they aren't rolling it back. These people DID EXPLOIT the game and Cryptic is turning a blind eye to it because they cashed in on their mistake.

MMO games are not in the infancy stage which leads me to believe you are new to MMO gaming. In fact, MMO gaming has been around for over thirty-five years. MMORPG games have been around for at least sixteen years.

Doesn't matter what way you slice it. Cryptic ignored their rules and regulations and allowed players who exploited the game to keep their mounts all in the name of money.
  • Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    As has been pointed out dozens of times, the fact the AD/Zen soars, means that most of the keys (and as a result, mounts) were purchased with in game AD and not credit cards.
    The only reason PWE tries to avoid cleaning up this mess, is not because they earned a lot during the process, but because they do NOT have the (human) resource to do that.
  • Options
    sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I missed what happened, but apparently there was a period when all lockboxes opened gave a Nightmare???? Oh, this makes me sad as I spent $80 on keys last week to open my 80+ lockboxes and did not receive even ONE Nightmare. My sister was horrified that I hadn't as I'd wanted one so badly, so she bought one in AH for my toon (as I did not have the AD to get one - expensive). Figures, we both got jacked. *sad*

Bummer!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    melwing17 wrote: »
    How about those of us who bought a LOT of keys who didn't get a mount? The ones who DIDN'T exploit the system? Free mount please? You can see the records of purchases. ;)

Pretty gross that are allowing exploiters to reap the benefits.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

I'm offended that the DEV's are calling these people lucky.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I have to disagree with this. So i have to work my *** off gathering 600k+ AD to buy a mount that was somewhat rare and that i really enjoyed it, and now some people that abused from a bug gets dozens of mounts almost for free. Serious, i never criticize decisions from you guys, but this is not fair for people that gathered AD, fair and square, or spent keys while opening boxes.

Good post! I agree!
  • Options
    kapyrotokapyroto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok, i'm out. Congratulations, Cryptic:

nhi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sianeka wrote: »
    I missed what happened, but apparently there was a period when all lockboxes opened gave a Nightmare???? Oh, this makes me sad as I spent $80 on keys last week to open my 80+ lockboxes and did not receive even ONE Nightmare. My sister was horrified that I hadn't as I'd wanted one so badly, so she bought one in AH for my toon (as I did not have the AD to get one - expensive). Figures, we both got jacked. *sad*

Bummer!!!!

I'm sorry you lost out. I spent $50 and didn't get one.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Your post is inaccurate.

I was online at ZERO hour. I logged in right after the patch was put online. At first there were a few Nightmares showing up... but the wave of successful Nightmares grew steadily every minute until it was so bad it was like my screen was being spammed by an advertiser.

Literally every second there was a mount being found, so your post and any thing that Cryptic wants the public to believe is complete BS. People knew they were exploiting the game.

Cryptic made a dump load of cash and that is why they aren't rolling it back. These people DID EXPLOIT the game and Cryptic is turning a blind eye to it because they cashed in on their mistake.

MMO games are not in the infancy stage which leads me to believe you are new to MMO gaming. In fact, MMO gaming has been around for over thirty-five years. MMORPG games have been around for at least sixteen years.

Doesn't matter what way you slice it. Cryptic ignored their rules and regulations and allowed players who exploited the game to keep their mounts all in the name of money.

1. You don't have to spend money to get zen. In fact, exploiters don't. They have plenty of AD to trade for zen from exploiting.
    2. They could have rolled back the server less than 1 hour. Everyone would have their zen/keys. Nobody would have lost anything. This would have fixed the problem. Instead, they did nothing.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

I'm offended that the DEV's are calling these people lucky.

So true, definitely not luck. Most of these people were likely saving keys specifically to exploit. Some may have just heard about it, traded all of their AD for zen and picked up keys to exploit right on the spot. There was no luck involved. Now the economy is ruined even further.
  • Options
    sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    melwing17 wrote: »
    How about those of us who bought a LOT of keys who didn't get a mount? The ones who DIDN'T exploit the system? Free mount please? You can see the records of purchases. ;)

Pretty gross that are allowing exploiters to reap the benefits.

Yes, I was one that opened ALL of my lockboxes on ALL of my toons with purchased keys who DIDN'T get a single mount...
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I was one that opened ALL of my lockboxes on ALL of my toons with purchased keys who DIDN'T get a single mount...

A lot of people have this problem, I bought also a lot of keys and no mount (or Phoera) at all.

Well guys, let's find exploits in the test server and post them on the forum. So everyone can exploit happily.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Batman! We need your help! Come kick some PWE ***!

hahaha
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

Anyone's seen an apology yet? Shame on you!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    Well guys, let's find exploits in the test server and post them on the forum. So everyone can exploit happily.

And lets support the gold spammers so more will come :)
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    A lot of people have this problem, I bought also a lot of keys and no mount (or Phoera) at all.

It used to be that making exploits public knowledge was the only way to get them fixed. Now they don't even bother fixing exploits or punishing exploiters anymore, they just call em "lucky."
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    flitser87 wrote: »
    And lets support the gold spammers so more will come :)

That is exactly what PWE did today by not rolling back the server.

Want a cheap Nightmare? You know who has them right now.
    PWE supports their business. I guess next time I want something, I'll go to the spammers instead. Because apparently it's a-okay.
  • Options
    garrath1garrath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PWE could BE the spammers. Double dipping the market, yumm.
  • Options
    jefferjeffersonjefferjefferson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First of all no I'm not quitting or anything like that over this issue, and I did end up with one Nightmare for myself, but I doubt I'll be buying any keys and opening any new lockboxes (until the next bug comes along).

My main problem is the fact that next time there's a bug the developers have set the precedent that you should exploit it as much and as fast as possible and you will be rewarded for your efforts. Now opening a lockbox isn't an exploit necessarily but there were a great number of players that did not participate for fear of bans or assuming they would just be rolled back.

Just think about that, the players who were online seeing literally hundreds of Nightmares dropping could have done so but seeing that it was clearly not an intentional feature they abstained. So what these players who decided not to utilize this exploit / bug get is a slap in the face and are basically told next time you see something like this happen join along.

I can't understand why they couldn't do a 30 minute rollback of the game, fix the problem, and then restart. It would have been a bit inconvenient but at least then players wouldn't be rewarded to exploiting bugs.
    Curse of the Sorceress: NW-DL35CQ9ET Eligible for Daily Foundry! (Approx. 50 min adventure to defeat the evil Sorceress)

Dodgeball: NW-DR9U49EM6 (Approx. 15 min dodgeball tournament against ranged enemies)

Farming Fiesta: NW-DJL23IH7G (Approx. 30-45 min map for farming items and experience)
  • Options
    garrath1garrath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In all honesty though, if this didn't happen, I would have went home after work and bought some zen, no lie. Not going to happen now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    When the words gets out, and people start to read from gaming magazines/websites that:

On the first day of its long waited module 1, Cryptics' Neverwinter Online witnessed a huge wave of exploit which allows a precious epic item to be obtained at 1/20 of its original market cost, a bug that has been reported on its own test server 6 days prior to the launch, but received no attention from the devs. After the incident, Cryptics did not perform any rollbacks and expressed no intention of taking any sort of measures against the exploiters, neither are they willing to track down the exploited epic items.

And people will start to see how irresponsible you guys are...you are really making a big mistake, srsly.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I am definitely quitting as are a lot of other people. The game is ruined.
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I have to say that they are continuing to ruin this game. Too many exploits, limited content, no listening to the playerbase, never fix bugs. I could keep going but me even typing this is a waste.

I'm just going to go kill malabog a few times while I wait on FFXIV then I'm out.

Maybe I'll keep the game and pop on a few times a month just to see what's going on but I wouldn't even classify myself as a "casual" player after the 27th.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So, what are u guys gonna play now? ;)
    I'll be goofing around in APB Reloaded, waiting for a good mmo to release...

PWE, u can have my hero of the north pack, and choke on it. I'll be dancing on your downfall
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    When the words gets out, and people start to read from gaming magazines/websites that:

On the first day of its long waited module 1, Cryptics' Neverwinter Online witnessed a huge wave of exploit which allows a precious epic item to be obtained at 1/20 of its original market cost, a bug that has been reported on its own test server 6 days prior to the launch, but received no attention from the devs. After the incident, Cryptics did not perform any rollbacks and expressed no intention of taking any sort of measures against the exploiters, neither are they willing to track down the exploited epic items.

And people will start to see how irresponsible you guys are...that's not good for you srsly...

I know, right? They don't seem to be worried about this. I think somebody should explain to the PWE managers how the internet works, lol.
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    On the topic of internet media and gaming magazines, may I remind you summer is over and better games are coming out. It's the circle of life; the weaker game comes out for a quick summer rush and soon gets stomped out like a dying coal by it's larger counterparts.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Since exploiting bugs to unlock loads of epic mounts is endorsed. Can we expect anything to even things up for the legit players?

Or is the consolation prize the opportunity to buy exploited nightmare mounts for 500k rather than 1 million from the "lucky" players who saved up keys to exploit this bug today?
This discussion has been closed.