What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    beezer94beezer94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm done with this game. This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> was the last straw. I understand fully that the goal of the company is to be financially successful. The problem is the way they do things. The cash required for everything is absurd, $35 for a mount or companion? I would of spent way more cash overall if things were actually "micro-transactions" as every other FTP model works. I spent $40 on stupid keys to get my inferno mount and another $30 on professions to get 2 blues and a couple greens. Now you make my $40 inferno the common, so people need to spend another $40 to get the stag. You only hurt yourselves with this nonsense. I know there are people who have gladly spend hundreds of dollars on this game, but you don't seem to realize that you could have constant sustained income for years if people spend $5 a week getting worthwhile things. I'm done with this bs game, if I had a way of getting my money back I sure as hell would. I hope you go bankrupt.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    People seriously. This game has been live for what 2 months? Stop with the frenzy.
  • Options
    aerikuraxaerikurax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Haha... ahahahahah

What a joke. I can't believe they are letting a catastrophe of such epic proportions slide...

WTB new mmorpg.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There must be at most 3-400 extra mounts on every single server. Not a big deal. Considering the number of players, it's a drop in the ocean. That's why they accept the risk of maybe 50 angry players on the forums while the rest of us don't care at all.
  • Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Was it an exploit or just a bug where players got a higher success rate. It isn't the players fault if they were opening lock boxes and happened to get an insanely higher success rate. It would be an exploit if they like, had to do something to "activate" the higher rate, like put on AH then cancel, then open, something along those lines. However, I do feel bad for those that legitimately earned a heavy inferno nightmare either through purchasing it for the going rate, or opening a 50 boxes...who have now had their investments devalued. It's BS, but what can you do at this point? Hold onto it and wait for the bubble to pass, then re post on AH is my advice.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This isn't the end of the world. Congrats, to those who have gotten lucky.

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    garrath1 wrote: »
    It's all very simple:

AH bug that gets exploited and messes up the economy:
    -Cryptic makes no money off it, therefore, bans and rollbacks

Nightmare bug that gets exploited and messes up the economy:
    -Cryptic makes money off it, therefore, "Enjoy your extra mounts!"

Now we see exactly who we're dealing with.

Actually you are looking at this the wrong way:

Caturday was rolled back because the "Exploiters" where buying out ALL of the ZEN from the ZEN/AD Exchange which was drastically hurting their pockets as it put "ZEN" into the hands of exploiters and drove the price up to 500:1 with 0 ZEN left on the market across all servers.

This event players spent real money to buy ZEN to spend it on keys for a virtual mount which was unlimited produced thru and exploit but only affects 1 item. As long as players can buy up all of the ZEN off the market nothing will change. It's no different than the current exploit of farming with Unlimited 99 Stacks of Rank 5s. That has been doing on for weeks driving the price of enchants to rock bottom.

As long as the exploiters don't touch the ZEN Market then it will be acceptable.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Didn't have the chance to get a mount and I'm not highly disgruntled.

But I can see why people rather capitalize on exploits than reporting or just stay away from them. In the end the devs are rewarding such behavior, a rollback would be the fair thing to do, a ban hammer the educative.

Draw your conclusions, I did.
  • Options
    jexlojexlo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seeing an exploit i resisted the urge..with difficulty...thx for making me see the error of my ways, ill be sure to jump on any future exploits and consider myself 'lucky'
  • Options
    jexlojexlo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    You're ****ing kidding me.

You literally don't care about exploiters.

I am never buying a lockbox again - til the next exploit.

What a ****ing joke. So disappointed in the dev team right now. Disgusting. Wish I could get refunded every box I ever bought.

Your game is still fun, but I am NEVER spending real money no this **** again.

exactly, you are not alone
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    What changed between then and now?

During the Caturday event, there was an exploit. It was observed, fixed, and reparations were even made to everyone affected.

During this event, it's just, "yeah, they exploited, and they won. good job!"

What happened? Cryptic doesn't care anymore?

Well, like I said, the real lesson to be learned from this is, "don't spend real money supporting from the game, you can get what you want by exploiting."

Maybe because, compared to the Caturday thing, this really isn't that big a deal? Except, of course, for the Standard Forum Doom Crew who have to view every single thing that happens as a crime against humanity/nature/god?
  • Options
    heavymet4lheavymet4l Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lesson learned, avoid any PW game, any chinese related mmo company, i'll spread information in any future mmo related site. Worst mmo experience in 10+ years of gaming.
  • Options
    poolerzeus1poolerzeus1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So today i logged on my level 60 GF to realize that the nerf on the Stalwart Bullwark set went live. And then, a few minutes later, i was wondering why so many people were selling Nightmare mounts left and right. So i came to the forum and learned about this. So, not only do i have to get a whole new set of armor, with some new enchants (or remove those i already have for a few million AD's), but some people got some free Nightmare mounts by abusing a bug...Very nice patch indeed...That is just too much for me. Enjoy guys, i bet there will be more Nightmare mounts than remaining players in a near future...
  • Options
    vanyepalevanyepale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

I believe this is the best decision and I am saying this although I missed the chance. Those who have won were at the right place at the right time and so they should enjoy their loot! Cheers.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The point is not that some players got a lot of mounts for very little money it the way that they announced it: it was like they (PWE) had shown the finger to those players that had not the chance to get them and said "take that". Some more diplomacy could have helped. They could have also fixed a maximum price at the AH to sell those mount so the "lucky ones" would not have been able to exploit the mistake too much
  • Options
    raphlwesraphlwes Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These things do happen. Thanks Dev's for keeping us informed on such matters. Most companies would just fix the issue and not inform they're users. I look forward to playing the new free module :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    All in all it wasn't an exploit. It was a bug that lasted maybe 10 min. I was there, I saw. Some people got lucky, but I don't think anyone had enough time to capitalize on it.
  • Options
    garrath1garrath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    All in all it wasn't an exploit. It was a bug that lasted maybe 10 min. I was there, I saw. Some people got lucky, but I don't think anyone had enough time to capitalize on it.

Learn what exploit means. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with using a 'bug' to gain an unfair advantage.
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your players have a legitimate reason to be pissed off right now. "Enjoy the Mounts" is your lame *** response? Guess what, I am honestly done with you guys. When exploiting leads to some people having 50+ Nightmares then you have hurt your own game. I was warned about you clowns before I even bought a HoTN pack, but I thought that was just gamers being jerks. Seems to me that people were right all along. You guys care WAY more about MONEY than you do the game itself. I wish I could get the money back that I have invested in the game, including my HoTN pack.

This company is so lame it makes me sick!!!
  • Options
    garrath1garrath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    Your players have a legitimate reason to be pissed off right now. "Enjoy the Mounts" is your lame *** response? Guess what, I am honestly done with you guys. When exploiting leads to some people having 50+ Nightmares then you have hurt your own game. I was warned about you clowns before I even bought a HoTN pack, but I thought that was just gamers being jerks. Seems to me that people were right all along. You guys care WAY more about MONEY than you do the game itself. I wish I could get the money back that I have invested in the game, including my HoTN pack.

This company is so lame it makes me sick!!!

QFT, sums it up right there.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    garrath1 wrote: »
    Learn what exploit means. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with using a 'bug' to gain an unfair advantage.

Working in IT Security for 10 years I'm pretty sure I know what an exploit means. It is using a bug, but the bug has to be known for a period of time for it to be considered as an exploit. In this case they took the servers right down and fixed it. Players didn't have enough time to exploit the bug. They may have gained from it by chance, but didn't consciously abuse it.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I paid 3000 zen for a purple mount, when can I expect a refund? Thanks.
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, thanks a lot for an 'update' that does nothing but attempt to cover up the problem.

"To those lucky enough to get TWENTY mounts during that time, please enjoy not ever having to pay for zen/AD again!"
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    Between this and the Sun Elf debacle I have lost a lot of trust in this product. These economy altering bugs you guys keep letting get into the game after being informed of the issues does not instill confidence at all in investing time or money into this game.
  • Options
    balleuxballeux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it does not pay to play by the rules in NW :(
  • Options
    bazzerliskbazzerlisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    some guy was boasting he cashed in on 50 keys= 50 mounts... Just belittles all the hard work a lot of your target audience has done in this game. What next? ioun stones dropping in events?.
  • Options
    ajronthankajronthank Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I promise you, Cryptic:
    NEVER REPORT ANY EXPLOIT !!!
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Working in IT Security for 10 years I'm pretty sure I know what an exploit means. It is using a bug, but the bug has to be known for a period of time for it to be considered as an exploit. In this case they took the servers right down and fixed it. Players didn't have enough time to exploit the bug. They may have gained from it by chance, but didn't consciously abuse it.
    I guess you missed where the bug was publicly posted last week in the preview shard bug report forum. Did you think people just randomly found out that the lockbox rate was broken as soon as the server went up? Nope, people were waiting with keys and lockboxes in hand.
  • Options
    trollmctrollertrollmctroller Banned Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You sir are uniformed if you think they didnt know about this prior to release. Many people have said that it was very known on the test shard and reported a month ago. They did the same thing with the AD Auction House exploit months ago. That bug was also well known among the alpha testing community which also reported it during that time. It was until it was made known to the general pop that they decided to do a quick 9 hour rollback to bug that was around for a month. If you cant see what kind of company PWE/Cryptic is then i need to get some of the blinds over your eyes for my room.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

They knew about the bug for a month and they didnt fix it.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
This discussion has been closed.