What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can only add my WOW to the growing list..

If you were lucky enough to get one then enjoy it??

What an absolute disaster today has been, good to see your communicating with us, shame its to laugh in our faces though...
  • Options
    trollmctrollertrollmctroller Banned Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't tell you how many games I've spent $5-$60 AND sub fees on, only to see them go FTP. Should I be refunded that money because others got the same thing (or better) for less/free? Nope.

YOU spent money on keys knowing the drop rate on Inferno's was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, so you shouldn't be refunded anything.

EDIT:

To everyone *****ing. Enjoy the lower priced Inferno's on the AH. With so many of them, who's to say they won't drop to 50k? Everyone was *****ing about having slow mounts in PvP - now there will be almost no reason everyone can't have a fast mount without spending $$.

Keep on riding them cryptic nuts. The fact that you are ok with this simply because "everyone will have fast mounts now" is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The way cryptic deals with exploiters is the issue and if you are ok with a game being overun with exploiters that have no worries of being punished then so be it. To tell the people that do have an issue with it to shut up is just plain ignorant. Your analogy comparing this situation to that of a Sub MMO switching to F2P is also <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. There a huge difference, a sub game that goes f2p gives the f2p status to EVERYONE not just people that just started playing. In this situation there are people that have probably spent TONS of money trying to get one of these mounts from hundreds of lockboxes then along comes this bug that people are exploiting to get the mount on almost every box unlock. See the diffrence? One situation caters to the game community as a whole and the other only effects the people that wanna exploit a bug. There is no analogy between them...
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic: "Exploit all you want, we don't care anymore."

Good to hear you say that.

I mean SERIOUSLY, Cryptic. I can't believe you just said that.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zinethar wrote: »
    Not really a WIN-WIN. I spent a small fortune on lockboxes trying to get a Nightmare, now my expensive and fairly unique items has been made common. I am not a happy camper. Why would I ever again spend any money on any product if I have no assurance that it will retain its value?

I understand, I was being a little Facetious regarding what I posted.If Cryptic really wanted too they could implement a rollback to appease one group of players who are upset about this bug only to cause an uprising out of another group of players upset over losing what they gained.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    I could agree with this, but it was linked in a thread that's been closed by the mods that apparently this (Nightmare lockbox) bug was known about prior to the new expac going live. If that was the case, as it was stated in another thread then the question of why didn't the devs correct the issue before rolling out the new expansion needs to be asked.

Right. I looked at that thread and it wasn't clear to me at all what it was about. Just a bunch of screenshots.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    What changed between then and now?

During the Caturday event, there was an exploit. It was observed, fixed, and reparations were even made to everyone affected.

During this event, it's just, "yeah, they exploited, and they won. good job!"

What happened? Cryptic doesn't care anymore?

Well, like I said, the real lesson to be learned from this is, "don't spend real money supporting from the game, you can get what you want by exploiting."
    That exploit was occurring for weeks, they rolled back nine hours of it.

edit: it had also been an exploit in their other games long before that apparently.
  • Options
    generalgalagageneralgalaga Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    miorum wrote: »
    The Caturday rollback.

Exactly. For those who don't know about this (since you where not in Beta or where not logged on during Caturday), on May 19th a game breaking exploit of the AH was found which allowed those who knew of it to get Free Astral Diamonds which in turn allowed them to get free Zen through the Astral Diamond exchange. As soon as the devs learned of this a roll back was initiated bringing the game state back to what it was some 7 or 8 hours previous when the exploit started, the exploiters where banned and the rest of the community received 50 full heals, a vanity cape (used to change appearance of any neck item), fashion hat, 5 teleport scrolls and 2 +25% XP items that each lasted 40k xp.

They don't "always" turn a blind eye.
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wasn't able to log on during the uptime nor would I have been able to exploit the bug had I been able to log on. Unlocking the boxes takes money that I don't have anyway. So, I'm not affected by this decision. Cryptic weighed the pros and cons of two evils and took the path of what they considered the lesser evil. And, moving forward, that particular bug is fixed. C'est la vie.

Honestly, I hope all of the butthurt people do quit. I also hope they take all of their lame whining on the forum boards with them.

The rest of us will be able to have more fun that way. ;)
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    matthewjamesmatthewjames Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, exploiting is allowed, thats the message cryptic are giving

thats how i see it too.. its already been a huge part of dungeon delves anyway so why not jump on the bandwagon.. actually tired though of sitting in queue for the entire hour getting tossed into half a dozen dungeons that are already defeated with no chest
  • Options
    kapyrotokapyroto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I opened more than 60 Nightmare Lockboxes to get a single Heavy Inferno Nightmare, while others obtained 20 ~ 30 mounts for less than half of what I spent in ONE, and now you just say "Enjoy it"?
    Are u kidding me?!

Congratulations, Cryptic, "I don't care" achievemente unlocked.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    Right. I looked at that thread and it wasn't clear to me at all what it was about. Just a bunch of screenshots.

Disregarding all the stupid screen shots and meme's that were in that thread, there was a link posted regarding information pertaining to this bug which was apparently known about before the expansion went live.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    garrath1garrath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's all very simple:

AH bug that gets exploited and messes up the economy:
    -Cryptic makes no money off it, therefore, bans and rollbacks

Nightmare bug that gets exploited and messes up the economy:
    -Cryptic makes money off it, therefore, "Enjoy your extra mounts!"

Now we see exactly who we're dealing with.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Exactly. For those who don't know about this (since you where not in Beta or where not logged on during Caturday), on May 19th a game breaking exploit of the AH was found which allowed those who knew of it to get Free Astral Diamonds which in turn allowed them to get free Zen through the Astral Diamond exchange. As soon as the devs learned of this a roll back was initiated bringing the game state back to what it was some 7 or 8 hours previous when the exploit started, the exploiters where banned and the rest of the community received 50 full heals, a vanity cape (used to change appearance of any neck item), fashion hat, 5 teleport scrolls and 2 +25% XP items that each lasted 40k xp.

Nice. Again though, this bug was live for like 10min max. People are blowing it out of proportion. I wouldn't even call this an exploit.
  • Options
    miniclipseanminiclipsean Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yea that is very unfair. I think all accounts registered right now could have 24 hours to claime a Nightmare but it will be bound to you right then and there.
  • Options
    tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah "We are happy for you". Talk about rubbing people's nose's in it that don't exploit. If that isn't a "go ahead and exploit whenever you want" I dont know what is.
  • Options
    canukkcanukk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    who cares??

its a pretend horse in a high fantasy video game that in the end is nothing more than a string of 1's and 0's in stored on a hardrive being displayed on a monitor after a bunch of signals flys up and down some wires.....not worth getting all bent out of shape over. Its not like your life is going to end because some people got a few extra virtual horses in a game. If your life is that disinteresting something as insignificant as this causes you stress then please fill the rest of us in on how your doing it because real life is a hell of a lot more stressful...

Christ people your acting like they just committed a horrible crime against humanity.
  • Options
    trollmctrollertrollmctroller Banned Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013

What you fail to mention here is that the exploit your talking about was around since before open beta started but was let out to the public on May 19th. Cryptic only rolled the server back 9 hours to fix it...yeah what a fix that is for an entire month of this exploit. BTW, For those that dont know the exploit we are talking about was that you could put up Auctions on the AH for negative amounts and have people buy it out. The peron that bought the item would RECIEVE the amount of negative AD it was put up for. IE: you put up an auction for -99,999,999 AD, have someone or an alt buy it out and that person/alt would now have 99,999,999 AD plus the item from the AH. This was apparantly not game breaking enough to warrant a complete wipe of the servers, instead they rolled servers back a mere 9 hours when this was actually being used since beginning of Open beta.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah "We are happy for you". Talk about rubbing people's nose's in it that don't exploit. If that isn't a "go ahead and exploit whenever you want" I dont know what is.

The point is it wasn't enough time for it to be exploited. Those people didn't log in and say, "Yes an exploit, I'm going to open these boxes." It wasn't known, and there wasn't enough time for people to exploit it.
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    canukk wrote: »
    who cares??

its a pretend horse in a high fantasy video game that in the end is nothing more than a string of 1's and 0's in stored on a hardrive being displayed on a monitor after a bunch of signals flys up and down some wires.....not worth getting all bent out of shape over. Its not like your life is going to end because some people got a few extra virtual horses in a game. If your life is that disinteresting something as insignificant as this causes you stress then please fill the rest of us in on how your doing it because real life is a hell of a lot more stressful...

Christ people your acting like they just committed a horrible crime against humanity.
    This. With an extra helping of burritos.
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wonder how long until we see some... backpedaling.gif
  • Options
    minxybumminxybum Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there are not enough racial slurs, swear words and unpleasantries to express how the majority of the community feel
  • Options
    feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Sadly, you belittle the game by turning your head away from what happened.

Regards.
  • Options
    shafikmacenoshafikmaceno Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    kanjimittookanjimittoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    You're ****ing kidding me.

You literally don't care about exploiters.

I am never buying a lockbox again - til the next exploit.

What a ****ing joke. So disappointed in the dev team right now. Disgusting. Wish I could get refunded every box I ever bought.

Your game is still fun, but I am NEVER spending real money no this **** again.

-WORD!!

Same here, spent a lot of ZEN (REAL MONEY!!) to get this Mount and now the Exploiters got em on the silver-tablet..that sucks. Wish i never spent Money to buy ZEN, this won't happen again. :-/
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    laeaornya wrote: »
    This. With an extra helping of burritos.

Nah. There's some legitimate concerns being expressed. Everything is pretend if you think about it. People just don't want wasted effort.
  • Options
    psybee76psybee76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm really disappointed in you guys. Your choice to allow individuals to "cheat" undermines the legitimacy of your work and ultimately this game. I've spent a fair amount of money since the game started because it was something I enjoyed and could endorse. I will never invest a single penny again.
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seems a lot of people were opening a lot of boxes quickly in a short period of time. They were keen ;) That's advance planning. hoodathunkit >.<

Maybe this box mess shoulds be an event. Stick it in the calendar so that I get a chance after normal working hours, UK time please. :D

Btw, was that an Epic Fail with the FU I saw? XD

(Alternatively, can you buff those ponies up to a 2-player mount so I can at least hop on the back of one? Only thing I miss from RoM is my 6-player mount party bus.)
  • Options
    spazum888spazum888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    garrath1 wrote: »
    It's all very simple:

AH bug that gets exploited and messes up the economy:
    -Cryptic makes no money off it, therefore, bans and rollbacks

Nightmare bug that gets exploited and messes up the economy:
    -Cryptic makes money off it, therefore, "Enjoy your extra mounts!"

Now we see exactly who we're dealing with.

^ THIS. Pretty sure I'm not spending anymore money on a company that doesn't know what FAIR is. And its not people just *****ing because they didnt get one, they are genuinely upset that the devs would take this stance on exploits.

bad move, you just lost ALOT of money.
    __/_____/________/____________/_________________/_______________________/
  • Options
    muracomuraco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    typically PW AGAIN !!!

you let the exploiters get away with everything. And you still wonder why the game is f*cked up.
    I played from open beta.. i even was in the caturday exploit which i still think you made some really
    bad decisions. That 7 hr rollback was laugh cuzz the exploit was found in closed beta and never fixed.
    Just those like 48 hrs EVERYONE knew and most of them started using it.
    Every exploit in closed beta were not fixed in open beta or when the game went live.
    Now this again. I already were disappointed in you guys but i just lost all faith in you.
    I still wonder why i even try your games. Some of your games have such high potential and you
    keep f*cking things up.
  • Options
    shafikmacenoshafikmaceno Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    If it is a community of esploiter they want, my congratulations! I decided to join the movement!
This discussion has been closed.