test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think a lot of people are going to be miffed at 'lucky players' as they chose not to take advantage of the practically guaranteed mounts.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    You're ****ing kidding me.

You literally don't care about exploiters.

I am never buying a lockbox again - til the next exploit.

What a ****ing joke. So disappointed in the dev team right now. Disgusting. Wish I could get refunded every box I ever bought.

Your game is still fun, but I am NEVER spending real money no this **** again.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What a spin
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So it's exploit ftw then?
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ya this just tells me to exploit while you can. Sad.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    cleetusbobcleetusbob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's the exact reason I didn't open the lockbox - I figured it was a bug so I didn't. My loss I guess
  • Options
    bloodpoolzbloodpoolz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They do this everytime. Every exploit they just say oh well let them have it. Thats why I dont play this game anymore. Only seen this on facebook. Tired of cheaters getting away with all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in this game.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    I have to say though. The time frame from when servers went live, and went back down was pretty small. I don't think a lot of people actually had the time to exploit this. Those who got it were kind of just lucky in a different way.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow a game that endorses the use and abuse of exploits. I just have to say WOW!!!
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    baddumtssbaddumtss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks! I'm happy i can keep my 133 inferno's, Oh boy I will be swimming in AD hehe :) Enjoy your $$ too hehe *wink*
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So it's exploit ftw then?

I guess the Devs weighed the issue of a rollback vs angry customers asking for refunds regarding keys/zen/ad bought.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    lifesimageslifesimages Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    You're ****ing kidding me.

You literally don't care about exploiters.

I am never buying a lockbox again - til the next exploit.

What a ****ing joke. So disappointed in the dev team right now. Disgusting. Wish I could get refunded every box I ever bought.

Your game is still fun, but I am NEVER spending real money no this **** again.

I can't tell you how many games I've spent $5-$60 AND sub fees on, only to see them go FTP. Should I be refunded that money because others got the same thing (or better) for less/free? Nope.

YOU spent money on keys knowing the drop rate on Inferno's was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, so you shouldn't be refunded anything.

EDIT:

To everyone *****ing. Enjoy the lower priced Inferno's on the AH. With so many of them, who's to say they won't drop to 50k? Everyone was *****ing about having slow mounts in PvP - now there will be almost no reason everyone can't have a fast mount without spending $$.
  • Options
    lethalrogue25lethalrogue25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Done with this game. Enjoy watching your player base die.
  • Options
    miorummiorum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bloodpoolz wrote: »
    They do this everytime. Every exploit they just say oh well let them have it.
    The Caturday rollback.
  • Options
    kounoupigkounoupig Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    congrats to the devs
    not only did they disappoint a huge amount of players with the patch
    now they are also letting people off for exploits?
    GOOD JOB
    you have successfully lost me as a player and all of my friends.
  • Options
    willfootwillfoot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    I have to say though. The time frame from when servers went live, and went back down was pretty small. I don't think a lot of people actually had the time to exploit this.

Please..... I was on the Mindflayer server and COUNTED (yes I counted) 108 players in a 15 minute time-span got Inferno mounts (One person in particular managed to gnab a half dozen)

Yes, this was horribly exploited, and I'm a little disappointed on how PWE handled this. Though it does reveal the nature of their policy on circumventing the ToS and doing a proverbial "Smash-and-Grab."

Oh well, I guess that mount will be worth about 20k Astral Diamonds by the end of the week. The market will be oversaturated tonight. You watch.

---
    Willfoot
    (Standby For Heals)
    (11k Devoted Cleric - W/Ioun Stone of Allure (Rank-9 enchants)
    (Mindflayer Server)
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    baddumtss wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm happy i can keep my 133 inferno's, Oh boy I will be swimming in AD hehe :) Enjoy your $$ too hehe *wink*

It was a win, win for everyone involved.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    You're all blowing this out of proportion. It was like 10min of uptime before the servers went back down. A lot of people got the nightmares but I don't think anyone had time to exploit it.
  • Options
    tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, exploiting is allowed, thats the message cryptic are giving
  • Options
    phoenixshockphoenixshock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2 words, Zen store.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    miorum wrote: »
    The Caturday rollback.

What changed between then and now?

During the Caturday event, there was an exploit. It was observed, fixed, and reparations were even made to everyone affected.

During this event, it's just, "yeah, they exploited, and they won. good job!"

What happened? Cryptic doesn't care anymore?

Well, like I said, the real lesson to be learned from this is, "don't spend real money supporting from the game, you can get what you want by exploiting."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, guess, like a lot of people, I am now quiting the game.
  • Options
    melanie2781melanie2781 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    baddumtss wrote: »

Really? Their worth is going to tank.. you're not going to be swimming in anything. Glad I got mine, rightfully, days ago and sold it when it was worth something..
  • Options
    eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    actually i see no legitimate way to punish "exploiters" this time...
    example: i roll on my box without knowing anything about any exploit... and no.. im not paying attention on screen messages flotting around as crazy... why 10 mounts, ur honor? i just LOVE to collect them :D
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    permag02permag02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

Thanks!!!!!!
    Equestrian Achievement Unlocked!
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    Awesome! So next time I see a clear exploit of a bug in the game I will take full advantage of it with no fear of repercussions! Love the business model guys, looking forward to your next screw up! <3
  • Options
    fopeanofopeano Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You people are such a bunch of whining complainers. The other thread that was up about the additional downtime this morning was full of posts complaining about how now they're going to roll it back and the poster will be so inconvenienced by having their progress stunted, and here's this thread of dreck about how lame it is that they didn't roll it back and they never roll it back when should have done it so many times already. BTW, thanks for the update/clarification devs.
  • Options
    zinetharzinethar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not really a WIN-WIN. I spent a small fortune on lockboxes trying to get a Nightmare, now my expensive and fairly unique items has been made common. I am not a happy camper. Why would I ever again spend any money on any product if I have no assurance that it will retain its value?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    You're all blowing this out of proportion. It was like 10min of uptime before the servers went back down. A lot of people got the nightmares but I don't think anyone had time to exploit it.

I could agree with this, but it was linked in a thread that's been closed by the mods that apparently this (Nightmare lockbox) bug was known about prior to the new expac going live. If that was the case, as it was stated in another thread then the question of why didn't the devs correct the issue before rolling out the new expansion needs to be asked.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Frustrating as I was looking forward to this and was gonna spend $50 on it. Obviously not going to now.
This discussion has been closed.