test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the only fair thing is to give EVERYBODY one... lol and I don't want the ugly thing......
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Please try to keep the conversation polite folks, its never fun to consign a thread to the depths..

LOL then you're gonna have fun doing so to about 10 threads in general all with screaming upset customers that this bug was let through to live with such ramifications...
  • Options
    moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    UGG just make all Nightmare Mounts BoP and open the game back up lol

Making those mounts BoP is a fantastic idea lol
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xrusaki wrote: »
    Quote Originally Posted by braanu View Post
    I think I see why rollbacks will never be possible...

The Zen Market.

Real life money is exchanged for Zen, which is exhanged for Astral Diamonds.

How is a rollback EVER going to be possible?

To rollback the server, they would have to refund Zen purchases. Or at least refund the Zen amount that was converted to Astral Diamonds.

However, if they even did so much as that, then people would be left with Zen they didn't need/want due to the reason for getting it was to take part in the exploit in the first place.

So, to even initiate a rollback would mean Cryptic/PE would lose real world money in Zen purchases.

That will NEVER be an acceptable answer to them.

Hence...the bottom line is, whenever there is an exploit. TAKE PART IN IT FAST before it is patched. Don't exclude yourself from using the exploit to gain an advantage over your fellow player, because your fellow player will be using said exploit (hence why all servers saw constant spam of horses being received).

They're never going to ban people from a free to play game. They made MONEY off letting this bug go through to the live game then "emergency patching" it.

Don't you see? Never a rollback, never a penalty to the exploiter, and always let a bug slip through that will cause Zen purchases to go up, absorb a lot of real money in Zen purchases, then patch it up without a rollback or penalty to players.

You see a trend here? Caturday...Flaming Horse Day...the only question is, what will the next exploit day be called?
    xrusaki wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif

I'm with xrusaki on this one. This guy wins the internet for today.

Or a Nightmare. His choice. ;)
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    It's called Gauntlgrym 20v20 PVP

LOL, you made my day Sir.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They are basically saying its ok to exploit bugs, go ahead, have fun with exploits, we won't do anything with your ill-gotten gains.
  • Options
    kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If they don't roll back they will loose a lot of money. A lot of people have no reason to spend money on mounts now because they got one from the bug, or from the auction where they will cost next to nothing now.
  • Options
    whichwitch01whichwitch01 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ya know for the few that got extra goodies in their boxes, there were also people doing respecs on characters, creating new characters and other various things, probably MANY more than had keys for boxes. So none of us count because someone got free goodies?????
  • Options
    claudiuuuxclaudiuuux Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if there is no rollback, I demand a refund for 50+ keys that I bought because I got none epic mount. And now because of glitch, everyone has this mount
    :))) man i opened around 200-250 boxes befor update and i only got 3 pheoras..no horse
  • Options
    pstyle151pstyle151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On mindflayer giving stuff to guildies. It's not about the economy it's about allowing bugs to go unfixed and then rewarding exploiters while punishing paying/legit players.
  • Options
    desgallantdesgallant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    They have done roll backs before but for this little `Nightmare` issue I don`t think they will as it`s long term effects are not to big in the grand scheme of things, A few thousand mounts don`t mean much overall to a game if it has millions of players - they`ll go the AH cheap and those that want them will get a deal - no biggie

Give this man an award for getting to the conclusion.
    Code: NW-DS2NASHFD
    Name: A Long Way Away from Home
    Type: Storyline / Average Combat.
    Time: 10-15 Minutes, depending on whether you like to read or not.
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    Strike TWO!, PWE,

Fail to wipe servers of ill-gotten goods from Caturday....

Fail to rollback the servers of ill-gotten Horses....

The reactions you have had to both of these events HAS BEEN WRONG!

I think it's time some heads roll!
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Everyone just needs to chill.
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

I searched google images for a bread roll lying on a person's back, but there was nothing. This is the worst day ever.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I want a cool horse cloak and horscidence-survivor title
  • Options
    twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited August 2013
    A nice fix instead of a rollback would be to simply refund the keys spent opening boxes during the ~35 minutes this bug was being exploited, while also removing any gains from the boxes. That way anyone (all two of them) who used a key not realizing what was afoot will get a new chance for horsie, and everyone else who knowingly abused will have a nice handful of keys to sell or spend on proparly functioing boxes.
    So what if you spent real money to buy fifty keys, you did so fully aware of what was going on.
  • Options
    northernwind11northernwind11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really dont see why everyone is so irate about the lack of a rollback. The bug was only exploitable for what, like 45 minutes? Sure alot of people snagged up horses when they were available but is this really going to have that big of an affect on the economy? give it a week or two and all the bug horses will be bought up and the price will go back up to the ridiculous level it was before. And to the people who spent hundreds of dollars legitimately obtaining the mount, i feel your pain. On the other hand, your dilemma is much like the kid on the playground who wants to break someones toy just so they're the only one who has it.
  • Options
    nasafurenasafure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had a Nightmare last night and now it seems like I'm having a 100 of them all at once. I need to wake up from this bad dream.
    Parting is all we know of heaven, And all we need of hell.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There really does need to be a rollback. It's not like it would even be that big of a rollback; but it would fix the problem.
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I feel sorry for those ppl who bought an epic mount for zen instead of wishing for luck in lockboxes...
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    iseewhatudidthere ;-)
  • Options
    pizzaman30pizzaman30 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    just repatched after the server sed my version was wrong. wonder what they changed? i got a god **** coffer of runestones for the one box i had left..... ohh well.
  • Options
    soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »
    If they don't roll back they will loose a lot of money. A lot of people have no reason to spend money on mounts now because they got one from the bug, or from the auction where they will cost next to nothing now.

Yes if they let this happen, then Cryptic really stole money from previous lockbox openeres!
  • Options
    permag02permag02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Equestrian Achievement YAY!!!
    Equestrian Achievement Unlocked!
  • Options
    wyndhammerwyndhammer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    infestedqq wrote: »
    lol the people leaving there game clearly didnt get horsies, and chances are didnt spend any money on the game anyway so i dont think crypic will miss them

\from atop his high horse... should he say high Nightmare?\

You nailed it, bud. Most of the whiners are those that don't invest in the game but want to play for free.

If you like the game, support it. Then you could be the proud owner of a Nightmare!
  • Options
    mza33mza33 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really dont see why everyone is so irate about the lack of a rollback. The bug was only exploitable for what, like 45 minutes? Sure alot of people snagged up horses when they were available but is this really going to have that big of an affect on the economy? give it a week or two and all the bug horses will be bought up and the price will go back up to the ridiculous level it was before. And to the people who spent hundreds of dollars legitimately obtaining the mount, i feel your pain. On the other hand, your dilemma is much like the kid on the playground who wants to break someones toy just so they're the only one who has it.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    methuselas wrote: »
    Neigh. I'm sure that's something people will shy away from. Something is definitely ahoof. I just don't think we've seen the tail end of it yet.

I see what you did there!
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I spent over $100 in keys, and got no nightmare, now I am stuck at work so your post wyndhammer is irrelevant.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pssh they will come back always do...
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will admit... I WILL. BUY. ZEN... to convert to Astral Diamonds to get that inferno mount...or 2 depending on the price... >_>
This discussion has been closed.