What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    wraithgorewraithgore Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know a lot of hubbub over a simple 3d character horse, that if you played the game right you May be able to get with luck and spending no money. The real issue at hand is SERVER DOWN! And SOminator Have you shaved Yet????? Or was it one of your co-workers that had teh beard we were trying to get shaved off at the Child's Play Event. :)
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nightmare Mounts for everyone as a big fat apology to us all. I opened 30+ boxes last night and would have waited had I known Christmas was coming early.

Show us some love Cryptic.
  • Options
    extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    Yeah me too.

We should just make a class action lawsuit :+

Ah yes. A lawsuit. Wonder how that will pan out.

P.S You lose.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So there are few more old nightmare mounts on the AH now - in the grand scheme of things this will matter not at all in a few weeks. Good news for those that wanted to buy one cheap now you can :)
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    desgallant wrote: »
    Smell the butthurt.

Likely, it's too much of a hassle to do a rollback - or it's more probable that no point backup existed to do so. Doing a rollback would likely require nothing less than a character server wipe.

That's just not worth standing on a point. The economy will recover, the people who got the nightmares - that must have been a hundred extra? - are a little bit luckier, and the world moves on. Oops, we screwed up - but it didn't break the game, it just made a bunch of people lol.

Actually I'd be very surprised if they didn't back up the servers before the update, that's standard practice.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope I get a refund of all the keys I used and got nothing, so I can try and get 15 horses to share with all my friends and guild mates.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ZEN price 500 AD, mission done, no need rollback - Dev.
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    This is pretty much how I feel. Apparently the dev team is okay with rewarding exploiters rather than legitimate players.

well DHUUH... I didn't see any botes for fixes to the epics that will stop the forward respawns or singularity abuse for 20 minute runs......
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They have already done a rollback, the Caturday thing, which you mention yourself in your own post. How, then, could they not do a rollback?
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    Smell the butthurt.

Likely, it's too much of a hassle to do a rollback - or it's more probable that no point backup existed to do so. Doing a rollback would likely require nothing less than a character server wipe.

That's just not worth standing on a point. The economy will recover, the people who got the nightmares - that must have been a hundred extra? - are a little bit luckier, and the world moves on. Oops, we screwed up - but it didn't break the game, it just made a bunch of people lol.

You are JOKING, right?!

I want a reimbursement immediately. NOW!
  • Options
    xrusakixrusaki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    braanu wrote: »
    I think I see why rollbacks will never be possible...

The Zen Market.

Real life money is exchanged for Zen, which is exhanged for Astral Diamonds.

How is a rollback EVER going to be possible?

To rollback the server, they would have to refund Zen purchases. Or at least refund the Zen amount that was converted to Astral Diamonds.

However, if they even did so much as that, then people would be left with Zen they didn't need/want due to the reason for getting it was to take part in the exploit in the first place.

So, to even initiate a rollback would mean Cryptic/PE would lose real world money in Zen purchases.

That will NEVER be an acceptable answer to them.

Hence...the bottom line is, whenever there is an exploit. TAKE PART IN IT FAST before it is patched. Don't exclude yourself from using the exploit to gain an advantage over your fellow player, because your fellow player will be using said exploit (hence why all servers saw constant spam of horses being received).

They're never going to ban people from a free to play game. They made MONEY off letting this bug go through to the live game then "emergency patching" it.

Don't you see? Never a rollback, never a penalty to the exploiter, and always let a bug slip through that will cause Zen purchases to go up, absorb a lot of real money in Zen purchases, then patch it up without a rollback or penalty to players.

You see a trend here? Caturday...Flaming Horse Day...the only question is, what will the next exploit day be called?

tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    extreme0 wrote: »
    Ah yes. A lawsuit. Wonder how that will pan out.

P.S You lose.

That went well
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In fact they did, once, a roll back in the caturday event. But it seems they have no plans to do it again, which i really have to say its just and plain stupid. Its sad.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    I think I see why rollbacks will never be possible...

The Zen Market.

Real life money is exchanged for Zen, which is exhanged for Astral Diamonds.

How is a rollback EVER going to be possible?

To rollback the server, they would have to refund Zen purchases. Or at least refund the Zen amount that was converted to Astral Diamonds.

However, if they even did so much as that, then people would be left with Zen they didn't need/want due to the reason for getting it was to take part in the exploit in the first place.

So, to even initiate a rollback would mean Cryptic/PE would lose real world money in Zen purchases.

That will NEVER be an acceptable answer to them.

Hence...the bottom line is, whenever there is an exploit. TAKE PART IN IT FAST before it is patched. Don't exclude yourself from using the exploit to gain an advantage over your fellow player, because your fellow player will be using said exploit (hence why all servers saw constant spam of horses being received).

They're never going to ban people from a free to play game. They made MONEY off letting this bug go through to the live game then "emergency patching" it.

Don't you see? Never a rollback, never a penalty to the exploiter, and always let a bug slip through that will cause Zen purchases to go up, absorb a lot of real money in Zen purchases, then patch it up without a rollback or penalty to players.

You see a trend here? Caturday...Flaming Horse Day...the only question is, what will the next exploit day be called?

Realistically refunds wouldn't be mandatory. The people exploiting the bug were breaking the EULA and did so knowingly, ignorance isn't something that can be pleaded here. They put real money into a free to play game for the purpose of exploiting an obvious bug. I'm actually quite shocked that the official response wasn't "Too bad so sad, thanks for the money though! :D"
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    They have done roll backs before but for this little `Nightmare` issue I don`t think they will as it`s long term effects are not to big in the grand scheme of things, A few thousand mounts don`t mean much overall to a game if it has millions of players - they`ll go the AH cheap and those that want them will get a deal - no biggie

They will never do a rollback for something that caused so much Zen to be purchased. I'll eat my shoe when they do.

They can't even remove the horses from people without a rollback, that would be stripping a chest open reward from people and wouldn't be fair.
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how about a horse race through neverwinter to celebrate nightmare horsie day,lay a course and have everyone run round and round for 15 mins.
  • Options
    incogitableincogitable Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    desgallantdesgallant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    P.S. - everyone butthurt over the economy should go play EVE.

Market speculation happens all the time. You are either playing it, or played.
    Code: NW-DS2NASHFD
    Name: A Long Way Away from Home
    Type: Storyline / Average Combat.
    Time: 10-15 Minutes, depending on whether you like to read or not.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I would be very very surprised if they didn't do a full backup prior to installing a new patch to the client , if they made no backup and something went seriously wrong they would lose quite literally everything .

All a rollback would involve would be for them to reinstall the saved client then repatch a fixed version of the fury client , yeah maybe it would take a extra couple of hours but it would be the most fair option .

Many people , myself included took it for granted they would rollback so held off buying keys to take advantage of an obvious bug ( which is clearly against TOS) and now Cryptic seem to be promoting and rewarding such behavior ...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you are in Beholder may I behold all your stuff?
  • Options
    incogitableincogitable Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    200 keys???? That's equivalent to about 8,000,000 AD... You should just have spent 1.3M in AH and get one...

It wasn't bulk purchase it was overtime separate uses.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And if they did Rollback. There shall be a lot of mad People because they just had their nightmare and now it's taken off them. They will rush to this forum and say Cryptic is this and that. And then they will threaten to leave on a separate thread while secretly playing the game because, let's face it. You are just butthurt over something that you will get over in a day or so.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

• Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    how about a horse race through neverwinter to celebrate nightmare horsie day,lay a course and have everyone run round and round for 15 mins.

Sounds like a great idea
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The devs dont bother to check the bug forum.
  • Options
    forumrichardforumrichard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    UGG just make all Nightmare Mounts BoP and open the game back up lol
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013

It's called Gauntlgrym 20v20 PVP
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the horses from people without a rollback, that would be stripping a chest open reward from people and wouldn't be fair.

wouldn't be legal

FTFY.
  • Options
    xxyoutubexxxxyoutubexx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    Who cares really. I already have a mount and gave up on the stupid things in the box when I got it. They ride around on it or they sell it. Hopefully this will bring the zen market down a bit.

Half of the games economy is all based on luck anyway.

Made a new toon - someone was deleting his character gave me 9 Gold . Opened the Professions pack you get as a reward in the graveyard place and sold Iron Hammer for 100K. Bought a Key and got a silly gloom box weapons crate - its all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway.

I will never have the most money and I am not after that - so why care what anyone has or hasn't - if you stay and play or if you leave it will still remain the same.

Zen is on 580 ROFL so no it will not bring down a market....
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Can someone explain why will there be no rollback? I wasn't able to log in earlier so...yah I'm very jealous, that's why I'm asking for a roll back xD. I believe the economy might be affected because of this bug and flame horse would be more cheaper in AH and those ppl who are selling them would rly get angry cos of that bug. It's also not cool and fair for those ppl who bought an epic mount instead of relying on their luck in lockboxes. Wouldn't that be irritating to see many flaming horses scattered around protector's enclave?
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    It's called Gauntlgrym 20v20 PVP

256621-funny-gifs-citizen-kane-clapping.gif
    Current Issues:

This discussion has been closed.