What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just got home, what happened to bring it all down?
  • Options
    barlion1barlion1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dray42 wrote: »
    The game itself, that's pretty obvious...

However using the AH in most games is unavoidable for many items, and no one should have to over pay as a result of peoples exploitations of mistakes in game or a companies unwillingness to use a fix to rebalance everything, assuming they don't have something more clever up their sleeves...
    The AH is always avoidable. It's just people want instant gratification now days. They don't want to work for anything. Like the people complaining about leveling taking too long.
  • Options
    extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    Ok. Everyone who had a Inferno who was saving it till the lockboxes were gone and putting it up in auction for a very high price.

Put your hands up, So I can laugh at you.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They should give everyone who didn't get a mount at this time a Mount Requisition Token for a Inferno nightmare Mount xD
  • Options
    barlion1barlion1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    azeryk1 wrote: »
    Did you not read the posts? lol
  • Options
    desgallantdesgallant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    We won't be doing any rollbacks! Thanks!

I pledge to you my undying love.
    Code: NW-DS2NASHFD
    Name: A Long Way Away from Home
    Type: Storyline / Average Combat.
    Time: 10-15 Minutes, depending on whether you like to read or not.
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    norcaltman wrote: »
    I don't see this bug by itself <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the entire economy. As a guess, maybe 100 nightmares were gotten due to this issue. It will lower the price of them, but it wont break anything. The price of buying Zen will go back down as soon as people aren't buying it to open boxes.
    Yes / No?

I saw 100 flash by in a matter of seconds. This bug was being abused for approx 40 minutes.

Everything else *might* balance out on it's own, but after how much time? Days? Weeks?
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who in their right mind would waste money on this game. I must of burned through over 200 keys to get my inferno and now everybody and their mother has one.

200 keys???? That's equivalent to about 8,000,000 AD... You should just have spent 1.3M in AH and get one...
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Oy pstyle151.
    ashlotte wrote: »
    Can I have yo numbah?

Hey, I just met you.
    And this is crazy.
    But ashlotte wants your number.
    So call him crazy.

(.-.)
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    We won't be doing any rollbacks! Thanks!

Are you kidding me Cominator you better be issuing out that ban hammer than on those purposely exploiting.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    They should give everyone who didn't get a mount at this time a Mount Requisition Token for a Inferno nightmare Mount xD

That... would... actually make me hug a human... and I hate humans!
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    extreme0 wrote: »
    Ok. Everyone who had a Inferno who was saving it till the lockboxes were gone and putting it up in auction for a very high price.

Put your hands up, So I can laugh at you.

Love this! lmao
  • Options
    tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am quiting over this too, was going to buy some zen today too...

Mistakes I can accept, not fixing them and backing out the huge number of mounts is totally un-acceptable.
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Exploit early, exploit often.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who cares really. I already have a mount and gave up on the stupid things in the box when I got it. They ride around on it or they sell it. Hopefully this will bring the zen market down a bit.

Half of the games economy is all based on luck anyway.

Made a new toon - someone was deleting his character gave me 9 Gold . Opened the Professions pack you get as a reward in the graveyard place and sold Iron Hammer for 100K. Bought a Key and got a silly gloom box weapons crate - its all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway.

I will never have the most money and I am not after that - so why care what anyone has or hasn't - if you stay and play or if you leave it will still remain the same.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    leihiwaleihiwa Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    i was at the new map when game DC ~_~ its bs ~_~ not all of us give a #$<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>%#$ about a fire horse ~_~ so those of us willing to play the new content get shafted first, great job.....great job in deed...

Didn't any of you notice the message all day that said there was gonna be service maintenance happening?
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So go already quit posting in the forums about it no one cares
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    MMOs don't constantly work with clock-like precision.

I don't think anyone expects clock-like precision every time but this is the most incompetent MMO devs that I have seen, and I have played a few MMOs.

Maybe there are (or more pertinently were) worse, but Cryptic is certainly trying their best to surpass them.....
  • Options
    extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    Are you kidding me Cominator you better be issuing out that ban hammer than on those purposely exploiting.

134813452665.gif
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    azeryk1 wrote: »

free mounts
    or well, it did cost a key :D
  • Options
    theebrazzmonkeytheebrazzmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    new patch just came out. wonder if the drop rate will be clamped own in the future....l8r m8s Brazz
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    actually all the poor slobs who spent 100 bucks on key after key just to get this stupid horse are gonna be sick..... wipes a tear.....
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my game is patching,dont know what it will do when its done1
  • Options
    tsumorotsumoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    People need to read before posting seriously, i have paid for the pre order jazz, in my pwe account its there and i havnt recieved anything, why i have to make this clear is beyond me, learn to read people.

I was the same, it took a good while for my things to come through when I logged in. Just before the server went down I received my stuff and was able to claim the rewards. So, I would say, when the server is back up your things might be there. The community managers on the forums are not going to be able to help you with this incident in honest. You need to wait or contact support for assistance.
  • Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    extreme0 wrote: »
    There are going to be two reactions.

1. Where there is no rollback and everyone who doesn't have a horse will threaten to leave. (But still play the game being a hypocrite.)
    2. Where there is a rollback and everyone who got a horse will threaten to leave. (But still play the game being a hypocrite.)

Whoever Wins, We are getting entertained tonight.
    Not everyone. I have won one of those things about 2 weeks ago and I have traded it in for a few Heroes and Adventurers because I already had a 110% speed mount. Not getting one (or a dozen) now doesn't phase me. Even if the people who won them now would get to keep them, their price would drop so much that I don't even feel envious over the missed chance to sell some.
  • Options
    soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This is a joke right?

Then give me too 10 Nightmare mount! I didnt wanted to open old lockbox, because i was afraid of banning and rollbacks!
  • Options
    ilgaanilmotwilgaanilmotw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No rollbacks, but we won't be able to trade that shiny horses. that makes sense i suppose. Cheers for those with xxxx in their pockets!
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    a few hundred Nightmares will affect just to nightmare price and t3 mount sells, there is no need to rollback, there are thousands of players, you guy need to think on perspective, zen exchange will be back to normal tomorrow
  • Options
    equitius1equitius1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    LOL WAT? seriously? so how are you planning on cleaning up this mess? , the game was only live 40 minutes , it isn't like a rollback would be all that detrimental to the game whereas letting players who took advantage of an obvious bug get away with it is , sheesh this is a fkn joke man , seriously...

So, 100-200 mounts got out without a check and balance... Does it suck, ya sure.. But it's no way detrimental or game breaking. Will those players make some money, yup.. Or they will put it on their alts etc.. Like another post earlier, people who really wanted those mounts will now be able to get them for a much cheaper price. So, the original guys who got them all while they will make money in the deal, won't make too much. Who really lost in this is cryptic. Think of all the money they lost, that all those mounts got out.. 1125 per 10 keys with a mount every 100-150 or so.. so about 100$ or so per mount x however many number of mounts.. Just saying.. Not like they were handing out perfect vorpals..
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fact that they won't do a rollback does not mean they will let people keep their mounts. give people their keys back and remove the mounts, the exploit was only for a matter of minutes.
This discussion has been closed.