test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of the Game with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez

Comments

• Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Will we have to reroll new characters to play as drow or moon elf? Or will we get free race change tokens? (pls say yes) I already see PE flooded with new lvl 1 drows and moon elf alts. :rolleyes:
    Thats pretty much the point of releasing new races. To make new characters to try out the race. Why should they give free race change tokens? lol.
  • Options
    adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    Was it just me or did that state of the game say absolutely nothing... I mean at all! It is almost a copy and paste of the last state of the game. Sad.
  • Options
    daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No new classes nor paragon until the end of the year ? In my opinion this could be considered as a shoot in the foot Cyrptic, the paragons should be of vital priority right now.
  • Options
    krithiumskrithiums Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Never saw a "State of the Game" before because i joined after the Beta weekends, but i love them! It gives a feeling to me where some future updates aren't being ignored and the humor is funny aswell ^_^

Keep it up!!!

Much love
    True Story.
    Last edited by ukatoenasni; Today at 06:09 AM. Reason: Grammar sucks before coffee.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whit all the bug, the skill not working, the unbalanced lvl of class you guys wont new class or paragon? are you crazy -.- new class or paragon will lend to even more bug or unbalanced. Is better they fix that bug first, like the suicide of boss, the fast run, the one shot on pvp, the invicibility of some build. they still have to do a lot of work first to release some new class or paragon :/
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "a new dedicated exploit team"

Well, that sounds good in theory, but as long as I am still seeing the following, I'm not taking this very seriously:

1) People reaching the CN DD chest in 17 minutes from entry time.

2) Massive stacks of level 5 enchants, runestones and other farmable stuff in the AH.

3) 50+ TRs farming/exploiting the Night Raid instance at any given time.

As far as I am concerned, the exploits have pretty much ruined the economy and made the game a lot less fun for "honest" players - if Cryptic is serious in doing something about this - fine, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    levonklevonk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish you guys would stop trolling. They are making an honest effort at developing a decent game. You don't need to act so entitled that they have to deliver the game exactly how you want it. 20 years ago, there was nothing like this anywhere, ever, not even close. We are spoiled to have this type of entertainment.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No new Paragons.................................... Dissapointing.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Was it just me or did that state of the game say absolutely nothing... I mean at all! It is almost a copy and paste of the last state of the game. Sad.

Nope, I read it and wondered which marketing 'bot wrote this, as it seems far from reality!

And I'd like to see the game expanded beyond the current 3 workable classes & railroaded builds!!!
  • Options
    rofehrrofehr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    State of the Game = 'The game will die very quickly'

1.) Why convert epic equipment in AD when no equipment will be in the AH. (BoP)
    2.) No new class
    3.) No new paragon paths

and so on
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    State of the Game:

1) About to pi$$ off 2/3 of the player base with balance issues using a wildly swung nerfbat all because they have no idea how to separate pve and pvp and listen far to much to whinging crybabies who lose pvp.
    2) About to lose the trust of players in their financial model i.e. changing item sets that players paid for using real money means how can we trust that anything we buy via the AH or zen store wont be changed in the future if someone whines about it enough, without offering any form of reimbursement.
    3) All hidden in some shiny new content that doesnt include expected additions like new classes or paragon paths.

I grew up on D&D and the Forgotten Realms books so liked this game up until the latest balance changes which shows nothing has been learnt from the experience of their other 2 MMO's and the whole host of other MMO's on the market.
    Now it has just turned into another fantasy MMO plagued with balance issues and an inability to separate Pve from Pvp.

Yep. All this right here. Based on what you said, I can say I'm in the same boat. I've played since 1st Ed. This is not D & D. This is a typical MMO masquerading. There is so much more they could do with it to make it what D & D really is, as well as so much they could NOT do to stop pissing people off. You can see their business model, because that's what it is, in every addition. A new box to open, new enchants for people to get crazy about, and then more people to buy these things for reasons only known to themselves. I'd love to do some more Foundries, but those take people time. We need more story and more true, D & D QUESTING. Otherwise, it's like any other MMO when it comes down to it. I really don't care about the Feywild thing, because I have no incentive to go through more story when I have no XP reward for doing so! I'll be doing whatever everyone else will be doing, grinding the same dungeon over and over to get loot I can sell to get loot I myself want. That's not what D & D is. It was a constantly changing story.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I am amused at the 2 million players, Never mind the fact that most everyone has 5 accounts to avoid spending Zen on extra character slots, with account creation and get 2 slots free. Then half the remaining accounts are BOTs and Gold Sellers. I barely see 500 people logged into Protector's Enclave anymore during peak hours.

As far as squashing bugs/exploits, the only ones you really address are the ones that threaten the Zen Market. And then you only deal with them when it is too late and have to do roll backs to protect the economy.

Take Skill nodes for instance. I've been reporting them since well before launch and you have yet to address them... People can use a node (or chest) leave the undesirable item(s) behind and the node will never respawn. The next person to use it, will see the undesirable item and if they leave it, it will remain in that state until someone comes along to clear it. This is an easy fix yet you refuse to address it. Make it so that anyone that uses a node may not access another node until they clear the node they initially accessed.

Nice summary, sadly accurate. It's all about the Zen. And the user number is such a bunch of ****. D3 pulled the same numbers and no one believed them. Can't count bots, can't count multiple alts or multiple accounts either. Cut that number down to 1/8 of what it is and you might be accurate. The FB like total is probably a more accurate representation.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    He said simple bugs as they come along, chances are the Unstoppable bug isn't simple to fix. As for the other, as other people have mentioned, that's been there since they were beta testing voice chat back in 2011.

You're a fool if you think I couldn't name off a hundred problems with this game that are critical to making it better and which they still ignore. They're running a business, plain and simple, and don't give half a **** what the players want or what playing a game actually means. If you don't think that, continue to swipe your card and have a blast.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . Glorious! Looking forward to the new class and paragon paths! Mostly looking forward to more foundry updates! Can't wait to make me some sun, moon and more drow elves tomorrow!

Nice propaganda run there Trotsky, I'm sure everyone is listening to you. How much do they pay you PR cronies to act like you're excited? I'm sure you enjoyed the cave bear companion too, since it was, you know, so very useful.
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I personally give kudos to the team for making steps in the right direction. They are obviously passionate about their product and the player base. BUT I can't help but LOL at a lot of the negative posts that people are posting in response. If people are so unhappy or miserable, why play? I can't help but read these posts and think of the story "Give a Mouse a Cookie"
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I personally give kudos to the team for making steps in the right direction. They are obviously passionate about their product and the player base.

I agree! I think the team has made some missteps, but they're trying to correct them. It really hasn't been that long since launch. There are always bugs and balancing issues at the beginning of any MMO's life; the start is always rocky. (The Secret World, for example -- yikes. Several quests couldn't even be finished when it launched.) I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised that everything isn't perfect.
  • Options
    johnwayne74johnwayne74 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Andy is one of the most deluded producers I've ever met in my life. He runs a TERRIBLE franchise right now, someone please fire him.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maggiemae7 wrote: »
    :mad: .... Ty for saying what ALOT of people are thinking ... we all DO LOVE THIS GAME ... HOWEVER ... if your too slow ... well ... theres some big MMO's on the not too distant horizon .. polished and ready to play ... just sayin ... I'll wait ... but till the end of the year? lame .. FIX the bugs that exist ... FIX the classes that exist ... then get on the additional classes ... and especially the paragon trees we have all been PATIENTLY waiting for ...
    huh???? ... what world do u live in ..vonboom? .... really??? .... * sigh* yikes ...
    Well put .... what about Andy??? ... aint got the "stuff" it would take to put up with the questions ... as you said ... too busy spending cash .. grey hairs my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ...

Captain Kirk? Is that you?
  • Options
    vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited August 2013
    If you Are so concerned with the foundry, then how about making it worth playing by giving out some decent rewards, no one i play with cares much about the foundry cause they dont want to run an hour long quest just to get a green item , at least throw us a named blue item or transmutation items or something, everyone just hits the 4 fastest ones they can for the meager AD and doesnt look back, on that note to it would be nice if yall changed the restrictions to 1 hour of foundry playtime for daily instead of 4 - 15min ones, all the longer quests are at a significant disadvantage because of this.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, Foundry was really, really fun for me when it first came out, both building in it and running the quests.
    Now, you're right, Foundry is exclusively for cranking out the 4 fastest quests I can for diamonds. Not much incentive to run new quests or long quests.

I personally lost pretty much all interest in creating Foundry missions when I discovered I couldn't make a real boss and I couldn't make anything designed for groups. The way Foundry missions scale, the only challenge you can put into them is a gazillion mobs. Unfun. No real bosses to use, mind-numbingly easy grindfest designed explicitly for solo play.

Put a blue item in that chest in the end, allow the creator to scale the quest for solo or group play, give me some real bosses to work with, and I might have some interest in creating again and finding some new fun quests to play.

Until then, Foundry is just for finding a group of guildies and running the same 1 mission we all know already 4 times in a row as fast as possible.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think I have got 3 blue items while playing Foundry - one of them was even a level 60 helm that was an upgrade...

But yes - I know what you mean.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    foundry is also good for leveling companions. and having delved into foundry editing myself, i can say with most certainty that it's not a simple task. i would imagine that the company would like to provide better rewards for foundry missions and are likely looking for ways to make that happen. i'm sure exploits are a major concern here.
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I do think the reward structure needs to be revisited. Difficult to do.

Possibly after a Foundry quest has been developed to a point and played enough, then approved by the Cryptic team, move it to a locked slot so that it cannot be further modded but at that point Cryptic take over and tweak the rewards for it. Original author retains credit. Realistically it would be rare for Foundry projects to achieve this status.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do think the reward structure needs to be revisited. Difficult to do.

Possibly after a Foundry quest has been developed to a point and played enough, then approved by the Cryptic team, move it to a locked slot so that it cannot be further modded but at that point Cryptic take over and tweak the rewards for it. Original author retains credit. Realistically it would be rare for Foundry projects to achieve this status.

Pretty good idea although sadly it also would turn these quests into 'must-runs' and reduce the incentive for many players to try anything else.

Then again, I can't think of any better idea.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If anything make companions, mounts, appearance armor that can only be acquired from the Foundry. Make a currency and the longer the Foundry Mission the more currency you get.

I'd run a lot more Foundry with vanity items to be obtained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    surefirevenomsurefirevenom Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's still early days though, so much can improve.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    If anything make companions, mounts, appearance armor that can only be acquired from the Foundry. Make a currency and the longer the Foundry Mission the more currency you get.

Even just titles for number of different Foundry missions completed and duration of time spent in a Foundry mission would give us at least some reason to do them.

Would it really be gamebreaking to award a blue each and every time at the end of a foundry?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »

this is a pretty good idea. +1
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Still, my problem with the Foundry lies in a different place.
    This is an MMO, and when I look for things to do, I look for group activities.
    Foundries are obviously scaled for solo play.
    Therefore, they NEVER appear on my "lets do this" list.

Allow scaling for groups in the Foundry.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Still, my problem with the Foundry lies in a different place.
    This is an MMO, and when I look for things to do, I look for group activities.
    Foundries are obviously scaled for solo play.
    Therefore, they NEVER appear on my "lets do this" list.

Allow scaling for groups in the Foundry.

Group content for Foundry is one of the things they said is on their to do list in the recent live stream about the foundry.