Install Arc
Options

State of the Game with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez

124»

Comments

• Options
    kalbainkalbain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm not much for words, but I've been playing mmorpgs since they began. I started as a young guy dialing into local BSS's and playng their games and then moved into one of the first multiplayer games, Dark Sands online from T.E.N, pre UO and EQ.

When I first started playing this game it was super refreshing coming from Lord of the Rings Online.

My god, Cryptic you have done almost everything wrong.

Please use this thread to offer suggestions:

REMOVE PVP all together.
    ROLLBACK every Nerf you put in that *may* have alienated one of your customers.
    FOCUS on PVE dungeons and gear sets and removing exploits.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As much as I hate PvP personally, it's super popular in this game and removing it would be a huge mistake. It just needs to have more modes added for variety (like CTF -- heck I might even try that) and be implemented / balanced in such a way that it doesn't wreck PvE balance for the rest of us.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    As much as I hate PvP personally, it's super popular in this game and removing it would be a huge mistake. It just needs to have more modes added for variety (like CTF -- heck I might even try that) and be implemented / balanced in such a way that it doesn't wreck PvE balance for the rest of us.

CTF will not happen It would be PTW well PVP is PTW right now So ya sure why not throw some more useless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> onto the game
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly, they should add an effect to skills that modifies its effect for pvp matches only. Then, you don't need to worry about breaking pve for a pvp fix...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    CTF will not happen It would be PTW well PVP is PTW right now So ya sure why not throw some more useless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> onto the game

Disallow mounts in it and it gets more balanced. I can't talk about how much equipment matters because I don't have spare money to put into the game so I wouldn't know anything about it, but one complaint I hear is about horses and the easiest fix for that is to disable mounts during PvP like they are disabled in dungeons.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited September 2013
    I am very disappointed with the state of this game.

Every epic dungeon is exploitable. Most importantly THE MOST END-GAME BOSS IN THE GAME IS EXPLOITABLE.
    The new content is released with exploits and then players are banned for it.
    The new dungeon is exploitable.
    Even lockboxes became exploitable, and it was decided that this was fine while sharing a quest was not!!! (aka it made you money so whatevs, right?)
    Most items are now bind on pickup which gives me pretty much no reason to even play the game.
    EVERY SINGLE PROFESSION IS GATED BY REQUIRING PURCHASES FROM THE CASH SHOP!!! ABSURD!!!
    As a Control Wizard, I can say that my class STILL has bugs from Open Beta. Area of Effect abilities are not being affected by Area of Effect boosting feats, Icy Rays on mastery does not cool down properly, Chilling Cloud's first two hits are doing reduced damage... and on.
    I am sure that other classes are having issues as well.

Oh, the ZEN SHOP IS WORKING GREAT THO!!
  • Options
    kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well to be fair,pvp que is always up and u hardly see the same ppl in most matches.Meaning is very active and alot of people enjoy it.

Even if it is abit silly in this game pvp is funny break from raids/pve etc.

Asking for a content to be removed while so many participate is not the smartest move.^^
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    MORE pvp content.
    DO NOT dumb down the game even more, these balances are fine. Just make another balance pass on GFs, conqueror is ridiculously powerful in pvp and pve.
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited September 2013
    my 100% honest feelings as of lately, this game feels more like a daily chore then it feels like a game, much less along a MMORPG, i log in, do the new content maps dailies that takes about a hour (doing all quests and mini instances and selling when full ect) then i go spend a hour or less at the summer event, and by this point i am so burnt out and bored the idea of needing to do PVP or GG Dailies that take like a hour and a half for all 3 of the GG's alone, and then 4 foundrys, between trying to que up for a DD dungeon run.

I am not ripping on the events them selfs, but added to the campaign dailies and the AD dailies and DD set times to even attempt to join a part, and then if it even completes the zone or not is an entirely different story, its just to much, even as a hard core gamer, i feel like i am being cornered to do things i rather not just so i can do the things i rather focus on, so as of late, all i do is the feywild dailies and the summer event dailies and a few flower/troll runs and log off and am glade i do not need to log back in untill 16hrs+

honestly this is not how a mmorpg should feel, RO, EQ2. STO, DOMO, EQ1, and a ton of other anime style mmos made me want to long on and stay logged in and playing for hours on end even doing all nighters from 8pm to 8am, but this game fails in that department hardcore, and it is truly a shame as i think the game combat mechanics are next gen and the way to the future with mmos and i enjoy the no mp concept it truly is a god send, no need mp regen classes or gear or not needing to sit down for 6mins mid dungeon or before a boss fight i appreciate immensely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I look at the dailies as not something to do every day but as being extra rewards for when I do do those things, and I only do the ones I like -- not PvP, usually not skirmishes since I miss them by leveling and don't usually feel like doing the same high-level skirmish 3 times in a day anyway, but I'll go back and do old daily dungeons that I miss the first time because I like dungeoning. They're not daily chores that way.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    I look at the dailies as not something to do every day but as being extra rewards for when I do do those things, and I only do the ones I like -- not PvP, usually not skirmishes since I miss them by leveling and don't usually feel like doing the same high-level skirmish 3 times in a day anyway, but I'll go back and do old daily dungeons that I miss the first time because I like dungeoning. They're not daily chores that way.

problem there is, the summer event is a limited time, and with how little petals you get i feel i need to do em dailie in case stuff comes up during the week and i miss out on days i can log in, and i want that free costume, so i pretty much have to do it if i want to see it, again, i am not ripping on the event, or the fact i gotta earn it, just in the manner i have to earn it feels like i am being forced or more drawn away from other things.

same with the feywild campaign, i rather do other things, but it will get to a point soon, where all boons are required to even be accepted into a party you want that can even complete the zone, so the sooner i get it out of the way the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    problem there is, the summer event is a limited time, and with how little petals you get i feel i need to do em dailie in case stuff comes up during the week and i miss out on days i can log in, and i want that free costume, so i pretty much have to do it if i want to see it, again, i am not ripping on the event, or the fact i gotta earn it, just in the manner i have to earn it feels like i am being forced or more drawn away from other things.

same with the feywild campaign, i rather do other things, but it will get to a point soon, where all boons are required to even be accepted into a party you want that can even complete the zone, so the sooner i get it out of the way the better.

Well, to be fair, I'm also sacrificing quest time for event fun instead since I know the other stuff will be around but the event is short-lived, so I get what you mean on that. I'm having fun gathering petals and bantering with other players, though, so in my case I don't really mind.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    and with how little petals you get

Little? are you kidding. You get 150 just from the two dailies alone. 65 alone just by clicking the quest giver once a day. That is 1300 points over the full event for one single click per day. The rest just requires 5 trolls, 10 corn, 5 hearded animals, and 12 flowers. You don't even need to do the contests. 10 minutes at most. 20 if you stick around for both contests bringing your total close to 200, and that is if you place last.

Its only as much of a grind as you want. You can nearly get the shirt with the absolute minimum amount of effort. In my book that is pretty generous.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Little? are you kidding. You get 150 just from the two dailies alone. 65 alone just by clicking the quest giver once a day. That is 1300 points over the full event for one single click per day. The rest just requires 5 trolls, 10 corn, 5 hearded animals, and 12 flowers. You don't even need to do the contests. 10 minutes at most. 20 if you stick around for both contests bringing your total close to 200, and that is if you place last.

Its only as much of a grind as you want. You can nearly get the shirt with the absolute minimum amount of effort. In my book that is pretty generous.

well i do the dailies every day since its been out, and do a minimal 3-4 rounds of herding or troll, and collect flowers for a set amount of time, and iv still only got like 1.2k, so how you got 1.3k legit is beyond me, and the top being 2.6k, iv still got another 3/4days of doing it, along side the other stuff i need to do, so yeh, this event is kinda lengthy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Win the events, that's 45 each. I've picked up both the shirt and water balloon. Flower picking isn't so bad if you're on TS with the guild or listening to music or whatever.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    exarkun007 wrote: »
    Win the events, that's 45 each. I've picked up both the shirt and water balloon. Flower picking isn't so bad if you're on TS with the guild or listening to music or whatever.

or ppl waiting till u hit the kobolds before rampaging on your nodes :P
    but yeh i agree the flowers seem to be the fastest n easier way to get petals
    but icbf with the stealing going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I agree abell39, just play what you want. If one the bonus rounds happens to coincide with what I want to do that day, great. If not, I don't care. Don't force yourself to play according to the bonus rounds, sit back, relax and play the game for enjoyment. If you can't find anything enjoyable, then maybe the game is not for you. I am not concerned that I can't have all T2 gear within 5 days. My biggest annoyance right now is all of the speed runners in the dungeons, but that is a whole other discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I worried when I first saw the first big expansion, Gauntlgrym. The pve area is nice, the dungeons look okay too, but all in all it's just more of the same, and the same already had a lot of problems.

Now Fury of the Bugfest, and I think they just tried to do too much. A new area, new gear, new economy and an overhaul of class-mechanics. They bugged it up, bigtime.

I don't mind mistakes, but a lot of these are not mistakes. They were careful and tought-out decisions which most players from the get-go were not happy with. They went trough with it anyway. A mistake is when you didn't see something coming, not when you were warned beforehand and continue with it anyway.

My issue with the 'state of the game' is an increasing lack of trust. Double standards on when, who and how to ban people who exploited bugs that were well know to the devs BEFORE live. Changing gear so much it completely defeats the purpose for which it was originally intended. EVERY class has a number of new bugs while the old ones still linger, and the devs are known to 'fix' bugs by changing the tool-tip only and calling it a feature.

And all the while they are 'making the game more fun to play for everyone', they severely reduce the ability to get ADs, make it impossible to sell and buy gear on the AH and push people into the cashshop. Items that cost 1 million AD require more than 40 days of hitting refine-cap, and translates to about 25$.

It's become a massive cash-grab and they are alienating players with their dubious banning and 'bug' fixing. This is not a state of a game I want to play or am willing to spend $$ on.
  • Options
    somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    Just popping in to see how it's going. Explain your opinions.
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seems quieter. I'm unsure whether this is due to the population being split between Protector's Enclave, Sharandar and the Midsummer event area, or whether it's because people are leaving the game due to recent changes (huge nerfs, everything from PvP and dungeons is BoP, etc).
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Tons of people in Sharandar and festival areas staying busy. I have to preface this with I like the direction the game is going. The locusts are moving to the next fotm game. Could just be school kicking in again though. At least I am finally starting to consistently get groups that aren't composed of ragehards that don't strategize and then quit at the first sign of difficulty.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    somedoge wrote: »

Well it goes like this. Bunch of people came back for the MOd 1 expansion. They all pretty much left already that population. Then well the lastest batch of exploits has made even more people leave. The game is slowly dieing off. The game really still feels like its in Beta release, still no paragon paths, exploits still here from beta, game is super buggy each patch they fix one bug then make 2 or more bugs.

So ya the game is going great
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There are already several threads discussing the state of the game. Merging this one with one of the other active threads.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    somedoge wrote: »

Well it goes like this. Bunch of people came back for the MOd 1 expansion. They all pretty much left already that population. Then well the lastest batch of exploits has made even more people leave. The game is slowly dieing off. The game really still feels like its in Beta release, still no paragon paths, exploits still here from beta, game is super buggy each patch they fix one bug then make 2 or more bugs.

So ya the game is going great
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    suxip01111 wrote: »
    Seems quieter. I'm unsure whether this is due to the population being split between Protector's Enclave, Sharandar and the Midsummer event area, or whether it's because people are leaving the game due to recent changes (huge nerfs, everything from PvP and dungeons is BoP, etc).

At least on Mindflayer, most of the people who are usually in Protector's Enclave are in the Midsummer Festival area instead. I haven't even gone into PE myself in a couple of days. It's like how at my college, we got a new building recently, so it always seems half-dead in one building or the other because it's the same amount of people split between two areas where it used to be just one before. Same thing here. Also high-school / college starting etc.
  • Options
    firetallyfiretally Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I feel this game needs many changes and it is losing interest of many players.

Ok, first of all, lets be civil so this thread is not locked. If you disagree with me, fine, but also state what you think needs to be changed if anything at all. It's okay to disagree.

Some of my friends are quitting the game or on the verge of quitting. They are not happy about the new expansion and changes. I have to totally agree with them. The game is getting more and more boring. There will be no flames here, just my opinion on what needs to be changed on the game.

Problem: Many people are not running DD or dungeons for that matter anymore cause they have the set the need and they cannot market items from the chest since the items are now bound.

Solution 1: Increase the chance the last boss drops the same unbound Tier 2 gear. Why get a junk belt out off a boss?

Solution 2: Simply reverse the DD chest bound or allow the chest a 50/50 chance to open an unbound item.

Problem: 24K Rough Astral Diamond refine limit.

Solution 3: I feel the Rough AD refine limit needs to be raised to 48k. I can easily get 24k astral diamonds a day without doing a single daily. Even raising it to 36k would be better. Another way of doing this is to allow users to use Ardent favor to increase the limit slowly. This rewards players that constantly come back to the game. The goal is to retain long-term players. The more people play, the more chances they will use the Zen item shop. So it's a win-win for devs as well.

Problem: Foundry drops are disappointing. There is not any reward from Foundries and that's why many people don't run them. When is the last time you saw LFG so and so foundry? Let's change this.

Solution: Allow certain foundries to drop rough astral diamonds, or add a gold chest at the end that gives gold depending on how difficult or long the foundry is. Even if its a tiny amount, more people will run them.

Problem: Only two PVP maps since release of the game.

Solution: Allow foundry PVP maps. Since this game started there only has been two pvp maps! This game needs more player created content. PVP foundry maps is an excellent way to add this without unbalancing the game. The maps could be on a trial basis where the most voted could be put into the game permanently. That would be a nice reward for a foundry creator to see his map permanently featured in the game.

Problem: Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes. I cannot stress this enough. Please fix the bugs, especially the ones that effect player ability. For example, the GWF unstoppable bug. Players have been complaining about this for a long time now.

Problem: lack of population on Mindflayer (can't speak for other servers) The server population on Mindflayer is dwindling. It is getting harder and harder to find a public group and guilds are getting smaller by the day.

Solution: Merge servers or allow players to switch between servers. This can be set on a certain time period or make it a Zen item to switch so people don't constantly switch.

Problem: I know several players have been permanently banned for sharing a quest without warning. I think the punishment for this was way too harsh.

Solution: Warn players first or have a warning in game. Especially when new content comes out. Be more lenient on the type of bans. The punishment should fit the "crime" so to speak. I would rather see exploits fixed then people banned for using them.

Problem: PVP exploits - investigate and remove them all immediately. There is way for a CW to exploit Ice Knife. I am not sure how, but i have witnessed it myself and other players have said its possible. There is also a GF exploit where they can regain full health which I also have witnessed. Simply please fix the exploits.

Problem: Ardent favor rewards are not very rewarding - It takes 100 Ardent favor to get a white horse that's not even better than the 5 gold one. That's 100 days to get an item that's worth 5 gold. This is not good at all.

Solution: Reward your long term players. It takes one day to get 1 favor. Offer more items in between 15 to 100 Offer better items. I personally would like to see more dyes or appearance items even if they are temporary.

Problem: Feywild. Feywild was very disappointing for me. I do like the idea of boons, but it was handled totally wrong.

Solution: Instead of one epic dungeon (I.E. Malabog's castle). Put in 3 epic dungeons with each one more difficult. Make it so you have to do the boons to unlock each epic dungeon.

Problem: The dailies for Feywild are boring. I am sorry, but doing the same quests over and over again is boring.

Solution: Make the quests change with each patch release or make it more dynamic somehow. A war and point capture system would of been more interesting. Make monsters invade feywild camps. Make it more exciting.

Problem: Feywild rewards. The rewards for Feywild items are NOT worth it. I am not talking about the enchantments. I am talking about wearable items. For example: the rings, the necklace, etc. The only thing good comes out of one dungeon (Malabog) that only takes one day to get into and the last boss is even bugged. The item stats are not much better at all than what was available out there.

Solution: Add more epic rings, necklaces etc.

Professions - I really don't see the point of crafting. The only good two items you can craft is shirt and pants.

Solution: How about a crafting set gear? How about more items that people can sell. It takes a ton of time and resources to level a craft and it requires item shop items. Why not reward people for it.
    Other items:

More classes - I know its in the works but we seriously need a date for the next class. Give a preview or a teaser. Something for people to look forward to. In my opinion, one new class should of been already released with Feywild. You added a ton of elves races but no Ranger or Druid to go with it. I find that ironic because elves are often depicted as Rangers or Druids.

Coin farms - Remove the ability for people to coin farm GG. Making a rogue run to the last boss and jump around a wall to me is an exploit. 99% of the dungeon is skipped!

Zen shop - A minor caveat. Allow players to buy Zen items for other people. I seen other games do it, so why not this one. It would actually be more profitable.

Astral Diamond store- Everything in this store is way overpriced and outdated. It needs a revamp.

Summer festival - I liked the fact I can get new looks other than peasant gear for once. The unique mounts are a plus. Add more seasonal events where you can get more appearance items (other than a silly head item!)

Queue System - Allow people to join auto-join queue when people drop. I am getting tired of 5 on 3 pvp's matches or rage-quitters in dungeons.

Skirmishes - I would love to see more level 60 skirmishes. Another idea would be to allow Foundry creators to build them. Again, it can be most voted.

And lastly, please listen to your player base.
  • Options
    fatalcystemfatalcystem Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ^^^ Great post, and I agree with a lot of it.

About the Ardent rewards, and some of the other rewards, a lot of them don't make sense, and are overpriced considering the endgame lvl 60 items are not only better, but more easily attainable. Why sell lvl 60 blue items that people would have to work their rears off to buy, when they can either get a drop or buy something better with less AD? It makes these vendors completely useless.

I agree with more fashion choices that can be looted or crafted. When I first started playing, all there was were the Peasant stuff, or you could Zen buy 3 other options, but nothing else. I found that very strange. I figured tailoring at the very least would have an option to craft at least something, but nope, nothing.

There's a veritable plethora of things wrong with this game. The solution is not to keep releasing more and more Zen items. Especially not for the prices they're asking. 24-40 dollars for a mount. Thats 3-ish months worth of subscription fee's for a normal MMO, and you'd get better support, less bugs, little to no exploiting, and more options and content. One of the reasons I'm sure the populations are going down is because FF14 was released recently. I know of a lot of people either from reading their zone chat, or chatting in with them in guilds that were just playing NW to tide them over till "X" or "Y" MMO came out. Myself included.

I liked this game for what it "was", but not what it is "now". The post above is a good example of constructive, positive criticism, but I'm afraid it's too little too late for most of the player base. A lot of people are tired of giving them their hard earned money for expensive Zen store items thinking that it would go to support the game and the devs to fix stuff, but the support just doesn't seem to be there. I really hope they're all reading these forums and taking it to heart to change the game for the better, instead of trying to line their own pockets before things get fixed. The fact that issues have been in the game since beta should be a good indication of this.
    I'll be checking up on this game from time to time, but I will NEVER give them another dime or dedicate more play time till they prove to me and the rest of the player base that they've earned it with proper bug fixing and support.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I agree with some of what Firetally wrote , but not all.
    The bans for sharing the quests were not without warning and needed to be given out. When you complete a quest in Feywild, it would tell you a time until you could run it again. Why would you accept a quest you knew you weren't supposed to do for another 15 hours. To me that is willingly exploiting, and if you didn't read the quest givers after accepting the reward that is no one else's fault except your own.

I like the Feywild campaign system as it is set up now. That should not be changed. The rewards are lacking, but that is because they gave out far to powerful items too early in the previous dungeons. As far as the repetitive nature of the campaign, people have no problem running Castle Never 3 or 4 times a day every day for weeks. Now that is repetitive, if you are willing to do that why complain about how Feywild works?

I certainly agree with the Ardent coin rewards being lacking, same issue with the Seal Vendors. In both cases by the time I have enough currency to shop I already have gear that surpasses what I can purchase. The is no reason to shop there. The only exception maybe the Angel that will be able to be bought after reaching 360 Ardent, however there is certainly a large chance that it will be an underwhelming companion.

Crafting is another point I agree on. Other than a very few select items, anything that can be made by one of your crafters is useless by the time you have leveled the profession. Again this is because the gear you have already acquired is more powerful.

I was playing before the BoP system and the amount of problems caused by players taking equipment they couldn't use from players that could use it, just to sell in the AH needed to be fixed. Unfortunately the greed of the player base is what is to blame for that.

The exploits in the dungeons need to be fixed at much more rapid pace. This has become an even larger issue than the failed boss mechanics.

The way I see the State of the Game, it is running on a very fine edge of having just enough good stuff to balance out all of the aggravations. This balance can very easily be tipped into the negative, Cryptic need come out with a number of positive changes in order to tip the scales to making this game truly enjoyable, because one or two more miscalculations and you will see even more people leave. Make this game the D&D MMO by D&D gamers for D&D players that was promised out the outset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ardent should be account wide items this would make it much better, as this is basically there veteran reward system, so should be account wide.
  • Options
    acidalbatrossacidalbatross Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In my honest opinion, I find the game to be fun. It's the only MMO that's ever managed to keep my interest, so it must be doing something right for me, at least. Everything needs some touch-ups and I myself have not encountered quite a few of the bugs that many seem to be suffering from, the worst I've been faced with is a temporary hiccup. I must be pretty lucky or something. Or maybe I'm just not trying to exploit or break the game in some way. Treat it like a lady, fellas.

Honestly, I am eager to see what the game looks like in a few years' time, when it's finally found its feet and its gone past the unavoidable stage of uneasy stumbling along the path. Every MMO starts out like that and it doesn't go away in a couple of weeks either. Personally, I enjoy the game and even if I find some things that I dislike, mainly about the Zen market, I always have the choice not to buy anything. I can get everything I want, if I set it as my goal and save up enough AD for it if I don't want to pay.

With everyone focusing on the bad side of things, I'll just leave a little reminder that the Devs/Publishers/Whoever decides what prices are in the Zen market have already -considerably- lowered the prices on pretty much everything, nearly by half in some cases, they've given out free respec tokens with every single big change to the way certain powers work and they clearly intend to keep doing so. I can appreciate those little bits of courtesy, myself.

So, kudos to everyone who's being patient, as five months are a very short time for a MMORPG to be perfectly polished in, after launch even. Consider the fact that some bugs are harder to fix than others, without making more errors in the process, maybe learn what kind of coding it takes to make a game like this before you demand your fixes within the hour.