test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of the Game with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in News & Announcements
Neverwinter Lead Producer TheSquez checks in with the State of the Game! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=964851
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still no Ranger, though. That's why I stopped playing. I was tired of having horrible damage if I wasn't wearing leather armor.
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, ranger, striker, leather armor... What will be different? :)
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Really good update & great to see you guys have some serious enthusiasm for the game:)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the write up Andy!
    I can't wait to see what the future holds.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited August 2013
    id rather have the ranger class be polished and not broken thank you for taking your time i am slightly disappointed that its not out yet but so they say good things come to those who wait
  • Options
    therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the info ^^ GG Neverwinter team.
    Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Sockmunkey approves. Two thumbs up. :p
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What a bunch of bunk. Fixing bugs as they come hahahaaha. UNSTOPPABLE. How long? Team voice chat PvP bug? Still there. Been there since open beta. I could go on but why even bother?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice article.

Glad to see they have an anti exploit squad now.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Nice article.

Glad to see they have an anti exploit squad now.

How about a pro-build squad that has a ****ing clue how the game is played?
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Glad to see Andy taking the time to blow smoke up our *** lol probably from his new yacht or summer home on the beach.:o
    He need to make an account and come to forum to answer questions. And why he didn't say what new class it was?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What a bunch of bunk. Fixing bugs as they come hahahaaha. UNSTOPPABLE. How long? Team voice chat PvP bug? Still there. Been there since open beta. I could go on but why even bother?

Assuming you are talking about multiple voice chats appearing in the chat window, that isn't a PvP specific bug and it has been there since CO launched voice chat years ago.
  • Options
    dwaindiibleydwaindiibley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How about a pro-build squad that has a ****ing clue how the game is played?

State of the Game:

1) About to pi$$ off 2/3 of the player base with balance issues using a wildly swung nerfbat all because they have no idea how to separate pve and pvp and listen far to much to whinging crybabies who lose pvp.
    2) About to lose the trust of players in their financial model i.e. changing item sets that players paid for using real money means how can we trust that anything we buy via the AH or zen store wont be changed in the future if someone whines about it enough, without offering any form of reimbursement.
    3) All hidden in some shiny new content that doesnt include expected additions like new classes or paragon paths.

I grew up on D&D and the Forgotten Realms books so liked this game up until the latest balance changes which shows nothing has been learnt from the experience of their other 2 MMO's and the whole host of other MMO's on the market.
    Now it has just turned into another fantasy MMO plagued with balance issues and an inability to separate Pve from Pvp.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So your pushing back the "new" paragon paths and ranger class release another few months ? which means my scourge warlock class and dragon race are in module 2 somewhere in the distant future (2014) ? -.- i just hope the new PvE content will keep me entertained till then. . .
  • Options
    coogrrrcoogrrr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sominator,

I know your just the forum moderator but your supposed to read these posts and boil them down to more concise subjects and then present them back to the internal development teams. We the users of the game and these forums would still like to ask for more classes. We do rely on the fact that you will take this information and represent us as a community. I believe there are many people who would second this posting that more classes added to the game has got to become job number 1. I bought the Hero pack, I have bought the Feywild pack as well. I have spent a couple hundred on zen and I really DO ENJOY the heck out of this game. I would enjoy it a bunch more if I had 12 more classes to choose from!!!!

I read the latest state of the union and while I want to troll and say "WHAT!?!?! 1 new class this year!!!!!" and then blather on about this or that sucks, I choose the high road and write one more time... PLEASE represent what we the community actually desire - more classes and more paragon paths - not later but now. Refocus one of the dev teams onto making these additions and watch the money roll in!

Thanks for listening - please second this motion if you agree.
    See you all in game!!!
    @Coogrrr - Dragon Server - Every Class - L60!
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • Options
    entropicwizardentropicwizard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am amused at the 2 million players, Never mind the fact that most everyone has 5 accounts to avoid spending Zen on extra character slots, with account creation and get 2 slots free. Then half the remaining accounts are BOTs and Gold Sellers. I barely see 500 people logged into Protector's Enclave anymore during peak hours.

As far as squashing bugs/exploits, the only ones you really address are the ones that threaten the Zen Market. And then you only deal with them when it is too late and have to do roll backs to protect the economy.

Take Skill nodes for instance. I've been reporting them since well before launch and you have yet to address them... People can use a node (or chest) leave the undesirable item(s) behind and the node will never respawn. The next person to use it, will see the undesirable item and if they leave it, it will remain in that state until someone comes along to clear it. This is an easy fix yet you refuse to address it. Make it so that anyone that uses a node may not access another node until they clear the node they initially accessed.
  • Options
    maggiemae7maggiemae7 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    :confused:

Indeed ... how about actually fixing the KNOWN issues instead of creating more issues? I'd LOVE form my knife companion to actually be useful ... I never bother even calling it out anymore ... I've seen so many games go under from this very type of issue .... Now we get to wait till the end of the year for another class that SHOULD already be implemented? ... not cool ... not cool at all ... and I could go on as well ... this isn't meant to be a huge bash ... I DO love the game ... It has so many obvious great things. I Just DO NOT want to see it die off from people waiting for things that take too long to get done. .. Best get on this quick .. you have some heavy hitting MMO's to contend with this year ... the fan base is fickle as we all know ... mass exodus isn't a fun feeling ....http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/confused.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    :mad: .... Ty for saying what ALOT of people are thinking ... we all DO LOVE THIS GAME ... HOWEVER ... if your too slow ... well ... theres some big MMO's on the not too distant horizon .. polished and ready to play ... just sayin ... I'll wait ... but till the end of the year? lame .. FIX the bugs that exist ... FIX the classes that exist ... then get on the additional classes ... and especially the paragon trees we have all been PATIENTLY waiting for ...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Glad to see Andy taking the time to blow smoke up our *** lol probably from his new yacht or summer home on the beach.:o
    He need to make an account and come to forum to answer questions. And why he didn't say what new class it was?
    Well put .... what about Andy??? ... aint got the "stuff" it would take to put up with the questions ... as you said ... too busy spending cash .. grey hairs my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ...
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You def NEED to get those Paragon Paths out along with an add on to Respec Tokens that lets you switch your Race and the beginning Dice Rolling scores. Also don't even bother fixing Dungeon Exploits players ALWAYS have a new exploit discovered within the next day of patching.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    huh???? ... what world do u live in ..vonboom? .... really??? .... * sigh* yikes ...
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013

He said simple bugs as they come along, chances are the Unstoppable bug isn't simple to fix. As for the other, as other people have mentioned, that's been there since they were beta testing voice chat back in 2011.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the write up Andy!
    I can't wait to see what the future holds.
    BUUUUAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAA .... yikes ....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    He said simple bugs as they come along, chances are the Unstoppable bug isn't simple to fix. As for the other, as other people have mentioned, that's been there since they were beta testing voice chat back in 2011.
    and that makes it ok???? 2 freaking years??? ... pathetic ...
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am amused at the 2 million players, Never mind the fact that most everyone has 5 accounts to avoid spending Zen on extra character slots, with account creation and get 2 slots free. Then half the remaining accounts are BOTs and Gold Sellers. I barely see 500 people logged into Protector's Enclave anymore during peak hours.

It is the same PR stunt that WoW did.

Multiple account holders, all the spam bots that constantly create accounts after being banned, etc.

Sony Online Entertainment has a MASSIVE lead on PWE's chat with their spam filter check box in the chat options with EQ II. Flip that switch and you NEVER see any www, VVV, etc advertisements or tells EVER AGAIN.

I have played this game for a week and my first impression is GEEZ what a scum garbage introduction to this game to see zone chat. Even after tomorrow's patch it still will not keep people from spamming their own LFG/LFM/recruitment messages multiple times in a row for no frickin' reason.

PWE you need to implement chat with slow mode like Twitch.tv has in its moderator chat functions (/slow x number of seconds between chat entries). Just put /slow 30 and people can't spam their ads less than 30 seconds apart.

Things like this that should be the FOUNDATION OF THE CHAT SYSTEM IN THE FIRST PLACE are not here. WHY THE HELL NOT?
    itpaladin.png

• Options
    artuleskaartuleska Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sharandar is just a single zone, right?

I'm sorry, but this patch seems pretty light given the fact that the game has been mowed through and completed by many for far too long, especially since it has virtually no replay value.

And so... no new classes or paragon paths until somewhere between December and January?

I feel like the big 2 million they're boasting is going to plummet to less than a million if this is true.

The game simply needs more content. If this patch was more hefty I'd be fine, but it really isn't.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This came to mind when reading the SotG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htVkGx4_GqA
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds legit.

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . Glorious! Looking forward to the new class and paragon paths! Mostly looking forward to more foundry updates! Can't wait to make me some sun, moon and more drow elves tomorrow!
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will we have to reroll new characters to play as drow or moon elf? Or will we get free race change tokens? (pls say yes) I already see PE flooded with new lvl 1 drows and moon elf alts. :rolleyes:
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.