What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter New class??

Comments

• Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Nobody is allowed to officially be evil, so it makes sense that nobody can be officially over the top good.
  • Options
    veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    It will be released when an entire day goes by without a new thread asking the very same question.
  • Options
    invalidgirlinvalidgirl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    instuh wrote: »
    When is the ranger... or whatever the next class is going to be being released?? The only reason i'm playing this game is for the next class coming out.. I have no reason to play otherwise.

Doesn't anyone ever play MMOs for fun anymore? :eek:
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Doesn't anyone ever play MMOs for fun anymore? :eek:

Sure people do. I think the point is that it would be even more fun if we were able to play the classes that we like.

Dungeons and Dragons has a long history to it. Speaking strictly for myself, I've been playing D&D PnP since the early '80s. In just about every campaign, I've played a Ranger. When DDO came out in '06, I played a Ranger (and a darn good one at that!). Now I'm playing Neverwinter, and I am having fun....but it would be that much more fun if I was playing a Ranger, instead of a class that I don't really feel a connection with.
  • Options
    invalidgirlinvalidgirl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Sure people do. I think the point is that it would be even more fun if we were able to play the classes that we like.

Dungeons and Dragons has a long history to it. Speaking strictly for myself, I've been playing D&D PnP since the early '80s. In just about every campaign, I've played a Ranger. When DDO came out in '06, I played a Ranger (and a darn good one at that!). Now I'm playing Neverwinter, and I am having fun....but it would be that much more fun if I was playing a Ranger, instead of a class that I don't really feel a connection with.

I know that feeling well. I'm just DYING to be a Menzo Ranger... I'd call it a Dark Archer. :[ For now, TR'll have to do! I can't shoot arrows but... I can throw knives!
  • Options
    caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    As much as I want them to announce it, I'm glad they don't because the rage on the forums if it gets pushed back would be too much.
  • Options
    kulrigkulrig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I want to know is what sort of ranger are we looking at getting? Bowslinger, or dual wielder?

Given the current classes it would make sense to have it an archer type, since of the five 3 are melee, but I bet a lot of folks would be furious if they couldn't Drizz't it up.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its been confirmed that the new class would be "Ranged"

However, there is nothing saying that it wont have a few melee moves in a similar way that Rogue has a few ranged ones.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i would like to play "red dragon disciple" class, different archtype dragon disciple for gold, blue and other disciple class, so i am saving a character slot.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    wylonus wrote: »
    i would like to play "red dragon disciple" class, different archtype dragon disciple for gold, blue and other disciple class, so i am saving a character slot.

Hate to point it out, but that is a 3.5 edition prestige class. Its not a class in 4th edition. So, its highly unlikely of it being implemented here.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Hate to point it out, but that is a 3.5 edition prestige class. Its not a class in 4th edition. So, its highly unlikely of it being implemented here.

Indeed. It seems to me that Wizards of the Coast decided to take the popularity of the Red Dragon Disciple make it a race and call them Dragonborn rather than a prestige class.
    And in a way it makes more sense...except for the scales. Total turn off for me.
  • Options
    juggernaut64juggernaut64 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gonna be interesting, as soon as the new "ranged" class is released, you gonna see nothing but that class being lvl'd and wonder, where all teh DCs at? I hope the new class is released soon, as I already have a 60 TR and GWF, and I'm itching for another class to lvl.

I think alot of people will be in this boat and if they release it too late, everyone will have lvl'd 2-4 classes to 60 and there will be a flood of same class.

I hope they are smart and release 2 new classes at the same time. That way you'd get a mix of classes running through the quests. Some ranged class for sure and a summoner would be great.

The way they seem to release new content, I would expect fall or winter of 2013 to be the time when the new class arrives.
  • Options
    voodoo12voodoo12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If your looking for a battlemage just check Rift and the harbinger class out.. best mage about if skilled up right.[pyrobringer] .harbinger/pyromancer mixed skills.but wouldnt work in this game guys
  • Options
    leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    How come we get new pets and mount weekly but no new classes or paragons?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because they take a lot more work to add. Also different people work on creating the two things.
  • Options
    deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    The game is free to play and free to not play. Stop playing now and when the claas you want to play is released then come back and play.
    Logic? How dare you sir?!
    10PM CST

• Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    leeford wrote: »
    How come we get new pets and mount weekly but no new classes or paragons?

Because behind all the BS answers to this question the REAL truth is Companions and mounts make money.........
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nm I'm being stupid
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    All gone quiet on the 'Ranger' class for ages now, it was probably just another 'carrot' dangled in front of people to keep them around in the game hoping it would come soon, and it as worked, same as all the early hype about module 1, then 1 week before launch and we get told the module is full of more AD sinks and nerfs, lol
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Delicious, isn't it?
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What makes no sense and I'm sure some one has already pointed it out... Fury of the Feywild coming out and to not have it include the Ranger class. It would seem to be the perfect lore tie in to add the class, either way I myself haven't played in months along with pretty much everyone in the 100+ member professional gaming guild that I came over with. New classes are the only thing at this point that will bring players back to the game.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kren wrote: »
    What makes no sense and I'm sure some one has already pointed it out... Fury of the Feywild coming out and to not have it include the Ranger class. It would seem to be the perfect lore tie in to add the class, either way I myself haven't played in months along with pretty much everyone in the 100+ member professional gaming guild that I came over with. New classes are the only thing at this point that will bring players back to the game.

So you want them to include the class before it is finished just because it would fit in Feywild?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    So you want them to include the class before it is finished just because it would fit in Feywild?

You mean the one that was tested in closed beta almost 6 months ago.. just making sure we are on the same page here because the class was finished and playable then.. anything else?
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think they are deliberately holding off on ranger until either f2p drow OR they throw in a wild elf module for the counterpart to wood elf.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You mean the one that was tested in closed beta almost 6 months ago.. just making sure we are on the same page here because the class was finished and playable then.. anything else?

The class has never been finished or playable. If that was the case there would be a heck of a lot less speculation on what the new class would actually be. As it is, no one can say Ranger for certain, simply because there has been NOTHING up to this point to go on.

All that happened in early closed beta, was a few ranger items where seen to drop. The rest has been data mining and finding a few random items in the data tables. But a few items does not in any way equal a complete class.

A complete class needs powers, powers need effects and animation, they need be balanced with the rest of the classes. New complete item tables need to be made, with enough items to get a character from 0 to 60. Those items will need an art pass, will need to be meshed, mapped, and textured. And then they also need to be balanced to fit with existing equipment. In addition a new class quest chain will need to be made. Every class has its own already, should the new class be exempt? A new class impacts every major system in the game. Its not something to be rushed or done half way. And id rather they do it right the first time, then to put it out early and end up nerfing it to death for the next several months.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You might want to actually read and do the research because there have been plenty of us that played the original incarnation of the ranger..
  • Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In a red post Ive read somewhere, cant provide link, they said the next class is already made and its fun to use, but needs polishing. and the post said that the new class will be release together with the sub paragon paths of other classes to prevent everyone from making solely a ranger class
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    schulz87 wrote: »
    In a red post Ive read somewhere, cant provide link, they said the next class is already made and its fun to use, but needs polishing. and the post said that the new class will be release together with the sub paragon paths of other classes to prevent everyone from making solely a ranger class

Makes sense but I've never seen this red post. Got a link?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013

There was no other class in the Alpha or Beta Tests.

I was there in both of them. Let's not spread false rumors. :)

schulz87 wrote: »

There's been quite a lot of talk about the new class recently but none of them have said it was "done" or would be released at the same time as paragon paths which I have seen (and I see a lot). There's still a bit to go based on what I have read and heard, mainly from Andy Valasquez in various interviews.

Absolutely he said the new class is fun and awesome to use and paragon paths are being worked on and will be out in the coming months but I haven't seen any more detail than that. Here's the most recent interview I have seen that Andy took part of: MMO Hut Interview.
  • Options
    yukiisaliveyukiisalive Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't see there ever being a warlock/necro class. D&D is about being the hero and necros aren't good guys in D&D....