Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter New class??

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    instuh wrote: »
    When is the ranger... or whatever the next class is going to be being released?? The only reason i'm playing this game is for the next class coming out.. I have no reason to play otherwise. I'm praying it's a Ranger-esque class, but regardless we need another class for more diversity in the game. I'm tired of getting groups with 3 tricksters or 3 control wizards.

Follow the Faywild Dev Blog... given the nature of the release, I would be very surprised if Archer Rangers weren't part of it...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ricoburston12ricoburston12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    me to i know what it is i have been searching for days its a scout i think the weapon that comes with him a Bow with range attaks
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    its a scout with the Bow
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i ko what it is bro it is a ranger a.k.a scout the Rangers and Two Blade Rangers) through the Fighting Style class
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    If you are waiting for a new class then you might as well put the game down til the end of 2013.
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    i am easy going, take anything even if its broken or unfinished....
    as long as the game keeps growing
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lpsx wrote: »
    no problem, come play Champions, get a Freeform slot and make whatever weird *** character you want
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    instuh wrote: »
    When is the ranger... or whatever the next class is going to be being released?? The only reason i'm playing this game is for the next class coming out.. I have no reason to play otherwise. I'm praying it's a Ranger-esque class, but regardless we need another class for more diversity in the game. I'm tired of getting groups with 3 tricksters or 3 control wizards.

Another guy as already said this but you and all the other needy little girls need to calm down about the new class releases. They'll do it when they do it. There is way more important things in this game that need attention and fixing before they should worry about a new class. If you only play a game for new classes then shame on you.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lpsx wrote: »

To bad the game can't really grow when everything is broken. You'd just be adding more broken things to the game.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    fransiscosfransiscos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or monk class? Are they going to add them later on or whats the deal?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's 4th edition based, i dunno if 4th ed had monks.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NWN has paladin and monks.

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Paladin
    http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Monk

As for NWO, I expect Paladin will be added eventually if the game makes enough impact. Ranger and Scourge Warlock are apparently the next classes being developed.

IMO, Paladin makes more sense in this game as a GF or GWF paragon path than it's own class.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Nothing definite yet, other than we'll be getting something new before the year is out, (though I hope something comes much sooner).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    fransiscosfransiscos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ya I am sry I knew NWN had them. I guess I should have posted NWO :X Well I wait till they add them then thanks guys :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    fransiscos wrote: »
    Ya I am sry I knew NWN had them. I guess I should have posted NWO :X Well I wait till they add them then thanks guys :)

Also remember that NWN was based on D&D 3 or 3.5, and as a primarily single player game, balance issues aren't as difficult as they are in an MMO environment, (again, neither point is meant to defend the fact that we only have 5 classes currently).
  • Options
    trekker4evertrekker4ever Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What aspects of the Paladin role do you like? The Cleric and fighter classes have some aspects a paladin would in a traditional MMO depending on what you like. I happen to think the Cleric in this game is very dynamic compared to traditional healing roles. I've played a Paladin in other games - focusing on more of a solo/healing build - and the Cleric class here comes pretty close to what I like. Maybe that one will work out for you until an official Paladin class comes out!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Fixing the thread subject to deter trolling. *the mage winks*

. . . . .New classes will come, but the next one most likeley won't happen until the end of the year or on into next year. To quote myself again, as this information is quite nice:
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . It has been confirmed (in podcasts and live streams, just recently too @ 37:30) that they are indeed working on something. They've eluded talking about it though. Also, it's been stated in long past, they they are only limited to adding the classes and races found within the Forgotten Realms, so the list is huge:
    zebular wrote: »
    A forgotten Realms Core Race list would be highly beneficial. Post it or link it if you could
    I tried to find one but a generalized D&D Player Race list one wiki was all I could find.

Classes:
    PHB1: Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard.
    PHB2: Avenger, Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, and Warden.
    PHB3: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, and Seeker (PHB3 also introduces hybrid classes for Artificer, Ardent, Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Battlemind, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Invoker, Monk, Paladin, Psion, Ranger, Rogue, Runepriest, Seeker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Swordmage, Warden, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard).
    NWCS: Swordmage, Warlock, and Spellscarred.

Races:
    PHB1: Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.
    PHB2: Deva, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, and Shifter.
    PHB3: Githzerai, Minotaur, Sharmind, and Wilden.
    FRPG: Drow, Genasi, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.
    NWCS: (Racial Variants) Dwarf, Eladrin, and Elf.

All this information comes from my own 4e Rulebooks and not from Wikis. These are Core Rulebooks and not Supplements.

Key:
    PHB1 = 4e Player's Handbook: Arcane, Divine, and Martial Heroes
    PHB2 = 4e Player's Handbook 2: Primal, Arcane, and Divine Heroes
    PHB3 = 4e Player's Handbook 3: Psionic, Divine, and Primal Heroes
    FRPG = 4e Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
    NWCS = 4e Neverwinter Campaign Setting

Have a peek through this thread and this thread and this thread.

. . . . . Just keep in mind, this is 4th edition, so each class has it's own set of Roles, which there are four (Leader, Striker, Defender, and Controller) in effect making each class have up to 4 roles port into Neverwinter Online as game classes. The Control Wizard, for example, is just one role for the Wizard Class, and the only one available in-game, currently.
  • Options
    sepherosroxsepherosrox Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there is all ready a night stalker type class its call the trictster rogue
  • Options
    sepherosroxsepherosrox Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ye well the shaman and the druid are the ones missing in this game
    but ye i still bet it will be some sort of archer mabey a sniper and or ranger and or tempest ranger just my openion we will see when it comes out
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    IMO, Paladin makes more sense in this game as a GF or GWF paragon path than it's own class.

4e Paladin has several powers that set it apart from the Fighter classes, including a taunt that does damage if they don't attack the Paladin.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    The lack of your favorite class doesn't mean you won't have fun in Neverwinter otherwise I would have left long ago. ;)
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The lack of your favorite class doesn't mean you won't have fun in Neverwinter otherwise I would have left long ago. ;)

I'd be having a lot more fun if I could play a Druid. My friend would be having a lot more fun if he could play a wizard with Fire elemental spells instead of ice. It will be what, two years before we get another class? Another two before we get another class after that? I'm sorry, but four years from now, we'll probably be playing some other game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    then pretend you are a druid......

when I play the DC I pretend that I do cleric things..... I yell out "Begone undead !" ....then I realize I dont have the ability to turn.
    edited August 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I'd be having a lot more fun if I could play a Druid. My friend would be having a lot more fun if he could play a wizard with Fire elemental spells instead of ice. It will be what, two years before we get another class? Another two before we get another class after that? I'm sorry, but four years from now, we'll probably be playing some other game.

Where do you get 2 years from?

According to Cryptic, another class should be out before the year end.

Which is still too long, imho.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Where do you get 2 years from?

According to Cryptic, another class should be out before the year end.

Which is still too long, imho.
    here's what a mod had to say.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?435471-So-thinking-abbout-playing-a-new-DND-game-but-I-see-that-NWO-has-no-paladin&p=5489301&viewfull=1#post5489301
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Nowhere in that post is there a mention of taking 2 years to get a class.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Quite possibly, since it's early morning & I was rudely awaken by workers outside. ;) Were you actually trying to make a point?

Here's a interview with the Senior Producer. 6 minutes in, he talks about the end of the year:

http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/c/2562679

Which, as I said, is still too long imo.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Fire elemental spells instead of ice. It will be what, two years before we get another class?

This is baseless.

There's already a fire power set under testing, with Smoulder as a new status effect which turns into Rimefire if combined with Chill. (Source)
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

The post didn't say 2 years. The post said by the end of this year or into next year. Neither of which amounts close to 2 years.