test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter New class??

instuhinstuh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When is the ranger... or whatever the next class is going to be being released?? The only reason i'm playing this game is for the next class coming out.. I have no reason to play otherwise. I'm praying it's a Ranger-esque class, but regardless we need another class for more diversity in the game. I'm tired of getting groups with 3 tricksters or 3 control wizards.
Post edited by instuh on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Could we please have an official post with at least some sort of release date.. because "being released in 2013" isn't much of an answer. If it's going to be a few months then i'll just stop playing now.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    instuh wrote: »
    Could we please have an official post with at least some sort of release date.. because "being released in 2013" isn't much of an answer. If it's going to be a few months then i'll just stop playing now.

The game is free to play and free to not play. Stop playing now and when the claas you want to play is released then come back and play.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

People are still playing ? Why ?
  • Options
    thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    People are still playing ? Why ?

Because the game is fun?
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When is the ranger... or whatever the next class is going to be being released?? The only reason i'm playing this game is for the next class coming out.. I have no reason to play otherwise. I'm praying it's a Ranger-esque class, but regardless we need another class for more diversity in the game. I'm tired of getting groups with 3 tricksters or 3 control wizards.
    Cranking out new classes should be the least of the Dev's worries right now. They have plenty of released content that needs fixin
  • Options
    paidkillapaidkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New class is Exploiter, with all cool abilities like sleight of AD and AFK bomb. Oh wait, its already playable!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey, enough of your rage comments guys.. make your own post if you wanna cry about exploits/fixes..

I'm just curious when the "COMING SOON" Class is coming out.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey, enough of your rage comments guys.. make your own post if you wanna cry about exploits/fixes..

No one knows is the point. Cryptic wont say anything until they are ready. Prepare to be disappointed.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The Warlock is coming soon , how soon nobody knows .
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    There coming out with a new class called the zen master, and his main power is stealing everyones zen.
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Nobody wants to play a zen-master?
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    valvexen wrote: »
    Nobody wants to play a zen-master?

I will once they're not FotM :-p
  • Options
    smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Acutally I'd say that more end-game content and more classes should be their top two priorities (after bug squashing of course). Folks are starting to hit cap en masse and there are two main types of players. One will stick to their main, not enough end game and they'll get bored and quit. The other are the alt-oholics, as soon as they hit level cap they roll a new class. This game is an action oriented MMORPG and as such the leveling process is a little quicker than most other MMOs. I actually like this because as an adult with a life I don't have all day every day to sink into a game. But I have to say I am more of the second type, I'll play my main some but I love leveling alts. Currently I am only excited about the rogue and wizard. I'm about to cap my rogue, then I'll level my wizard. Ranger seems to be the most wanted class not in the game yet, and I agree. I just hope a ranger is available by the time I cap, or get bored of, my wizard.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'd pretty much bet dollars to donuts that either the warlock or ranger is coming at latest with that teased module. Won't know until more information is out about it though, and i did read an interview with them that it should be out in about two months from when it was announced. (give or take, i'm wishing sooner, but two months isn't a bad time frame, that's a month or more shorter than wow gets the patches out).
  • Options
    paksyetpaksyet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would it cost 80 usd to unlock that character class on your account? lol
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I'm waiting for the Paladin or Ranger, but in the meantime I will play casually while monitoring the game from STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ntawneyntawney Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prefer they spend the time to deliver a stable/balanced class rather than dish out new content as soon as possible.

Quality > Quantity

Although, that said.. Let's hope the wait won't be TOO long either! We'll see.
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Night Stalker plox :rolleyes:
  • Options
    brindy666brindy666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My money is on Ranger as a new class and Dragonborn for a new race. Both of which are pretty much in the Essentials books and painfully absent from the game as it stands.

Guess the problem with Ranger is that it'll be an additional level of ranged combat which could affect the balance of the game. The mob groups I've faced so far are all quite close really and while every character has its equivalent of a ranged attack, for the Ranger to feel right it's gonna have to have some decent range on those attacks compared to the other classes.

Neither Warlock or Paladin are really "missing" at the moment since you have Wizard and Cleric to keep you going in those respects. i.e. there's nothing particularly special about them that we're missing compared to the Ranger, IMHO.
  • Options
    giolaboy79giolaboy79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well the next race is drow. They did say 60 days after open beta day 1 the Drow would become a playable toon and i am so waiting on that one.

As for the class, i am thinking ranger or druid but i am leaning more towards the ranger and here is why.

Clue #1 nature kits are the only kits that do not have a player counterpart.
    Clue #2 in some missions, you are given an NPC archer who would fall in the ranger class.

As for everyone complaining about this or that about PW wanting money... they would never have put into the game a way of converting some currency into zen which is more them most other games offer. I play trek as well as Neverwinter. i grind out what i need, convert it slowly and don't complain on a good FREE to PLAY game. Most games have gone to a F2P, pay for perks system because it makes them more money. More money for them means there is more funding to the staff, maintenance, and other important things to keep a game running. I played COH for years... i paid monthly even after it went F2P. Why? it was worth it. it was a good game and my 15 a month helped keep the staff at Paragon wanting to make better content. Star Trek and Neverwinter, i feel, fall into the same category.

All that aside, if you want to buy it now, you have that option, if you don't want to spend your money then grind it out like the rest of us do. At least PW has a build in way to convert in game currency into zen so you never have to spend a dime, but sometimes it IS nice to have it now.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Really this needed to be dragged up from no where?
  • Options
    jkknight09jkknight09 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really this needed to be dragged up from no where?

His points are valid. I don't think it's being "dragged up from no where" as the official launch is imminent.
  • Options
    fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Well, I believe that Ranger class is going to be released when Neverwinter goes live. If you guys have seen the "Coming Soon" class option in the character creation, you can see bows, daggers, and lances sticking out from behind the insignia. We have been told that Ranger Class will specialize in either Bows or other melee weapons. (Not swords and shields)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jkknight09 wrote: »
    His points are valid. I don't think it's being "dragged up from no where" as the official launch is imminent.

No it is being dragged up from no where because there has been nothing official about classes coming with the official launch.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I dont understand people asking for more classes why not get the ones we got fixed first and the paragons added for them also. These dev's cant work on everything at once we totally seen that already.
  • Options
    crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You want the devs to do things right yet you want them to hurry their donkey up. Unless you've written game code yourself get the bug.ger off them!
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if they'll ever make Kobold a playable race....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marcusffsmarcusffs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are plenty of classes they can add, Warlock/Necromancer - Ranger/Hunter - I for once is hoping for a mmo to finally go with the balls and put a battlemage out there ;D That would be cool as hell- We all know the ranged class is comming and we all know the drow suck and is nothing special to wait for - We should focus on my imporant things, like why the **** my beard is constantly showing through the helmet
  • Options
    jkknight09jkknight09 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fallacy1 wrote: »
    Well, I believe that Ranger class is going to be released when Neverwinter goes live. If you guys have seen the "Coming Soon" class option in the character creation, you can see bows, daggers, and lances sticking out from behind the insignia. We have been told that Ranger Class will specialize in either Bows or other melee weapons. (Not swords and shields)

I agree about it being the Ranger, although it clearly was not in the official launch. No doubt we'll be notified up front, and it will be clearly outlined in the patch notes. All we can do is wait, and demanding answers in the forums certainly won't get them to reveal their secrets, come on let's apply a little sense here.
  • Options
    doogbattlesmokedoogbattlesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want a monk with fast movement and AP. I would also like to see a magic caster with lightning bolts and fireballs ( it is D&Desc). Ranger would be great. I would also like to see a pali that can fight on horseback.