test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter New class??

124»

Comments

• voodoo12voodoo12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't see there ever being a warlock/necro class. D&D is about being the hero and necros aren't good guys in D&D....

yes but this "D&D"game has got pvp in it?...there shouldnt be any pvp in a d&d game either so why not necros
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't see there ever being a warlock/necro class. D&D is about being the hero and necros aren't good guys in D&D...

Necromancers aren't a class at all in 4e IIRC (I haven't seen them as a seperate class and I have access to all three PHBs), if anything they'd be a subclass of Warlock or Wizard though.

As for Warlocks, they're neither good nor evil by themselves, the beings who some warlocks make their deals for power with are evil (Infernal Warlocks) but most are either neutral (Fey Warlocks) or beyond the classification of good and evil (star warlocks). That being said, there are a lot of Warlocks in the Forgotten Realms who make an Infernal Pact intending to turn that power against other demons to protect the world, but given the continued power struggles in hell it's not surprising that some devils and demons will create such pacts to improve their own standing in hell.
  • jennah0127jennah0127 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Based off the stuff released in the Feywild Pack, I think it is going to be a Ranger/ Druid or something new involving nature. Like someone posted earlier, they left the Nature kit's unusable by any current class, so they are going to need to make something involving nature so we can have a class that can use nature kits.

Personally, I think it would be super cool if they added in a Druid, but it would be cool to have a class able to use bows. I would be creative and make the new class the best of both worlds: able to control animals and nature but still use a bow if u want to ^.^ Buuuut I don't see that happening, so I'll go with a Druid xD
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jennah0127 wrote: »
    I would be creative and make the new class the best of both worlds: able to control animals and nature but still use a bow if u want to ^.^
    That would be the Beastmaster Ranger from Martial Power.
  • billdemortbilldemort Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I actually enjoy when there's pvp among characters at a D&D game, since it usually shows the players are roleplaying their characters as they should, and not just doing what they think they're supposed to. i hate games where everyone gets along no matter what, no one disagrees, and everything goes perfectly... way too boring.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't see there ever being a warlock/necro class. D&D is about being the hero and necros aren't good guys in D&D... f*cking dumb.

Sure they can be. Anti-heros are rather popular and there are plenty of reasons why people with an evil alignment (which isn't any kind of factor in this game with no alignments) doesn't preclude one from acting in a heroic manner on a consistent basis. Lawful evil is the stuff of which enduring empires are made! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Someone hasn't read Brimestone angels. About a good aligned infernal warlock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tricksterrouge14tricksterrouge14 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I kinda am to i love my trickster rouge but i would really like them to have new options like new hair and stuff like that. :confused:
  • mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think it will be the Warlock since one is so prominently displayed in the opening scene with the battle vs Valindra.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think it will be the Warlock since one is so prominently displayed in the opening scene with the battle vs Valindra.

I just watched through the siege of neverwinter again, and there is no warlock. the Teifling that you see is a pretty awesome wizard, albeit one with a sword, which is slightly annoying cuz I really wish that mine could. But he's no warlock.

And is it just me, or, is Valindra kinda cute in her not-undead look?
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a “ranged” one.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

this is all the hint and confirmation i need.
    21.jpg
  • bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Well, I will post it again. Before moving on to the next class, the devs should really focus on implementing all the paragon paths for the existing classes. Then I would gladly make myself a ranger alt :)
    Ranger.jpg
    edited September 2013
    bstby wrote: »
    Well, I will post it again. Before moving on to the next class, the devs should really focus on implementing all the paragon paths for the existing classes. Then I would gladly make myself a ranger alt :)
    Paragon Paths have had their first development pass, and we’re now working on them further and making them feel polished before introducing them to NeverwinterPreview.
    Neverwinter State of the Game
    21.jpg
  • saturisaturi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I really hope that the new Ranged Class will indeed be a Ranger.
    What I additionaly hope for is a Token that after usage allows us to change Class.

Other games already have such Tokens so it shouldn't be a biggie to add one on the Zen Market or in Game here either.

Race will be of course locked, character remains, only class and Level resets (without the Need of tutorial and I'm still wondering WHY we can't ever skip it anyway).
  • tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Rangers are boooring. Bards, Warlocks and sorcerers on the other hand, that would be something...
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I really don't understand why players just don't watch the twitch streams when the DEVs already answered all of these questions and told you what to expect in coming mods.

Paragons is what's being worked on now and should be coming with MOD2. MOD 3 will have the new class and most likely our fight with VAL.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No, it's not just you.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • boi777boi777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i hope it wil be a necromancer with the ability to summon skeletal minions to do ur biding. when is the this new clas is gonna come out anyway?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    boi777 wrote: »
    i hope it wil be a necromancer with the ability to summon skeletal minions to do ur biding. when is the this new clas is gonna come out anyway?
    The only Necromancer here is you by bringing this thread back from the dead , the 2 next classes are supposed to be Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock .
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    boi777 wrote: »

As there isn't a necromancer class in 4th edition D&D I wouldn't get your hopes up on ever seeing necromancers as a class in NW.
    edited September 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    The only Necromancer here is you by bringing this thread back from the dead , the 2 next classes are supposed to be Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock .

A necro thread is a thread that hasn't been posted in for 30 days.
    This thread was only sleeping for 9.
    21.jpg