test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Salvage, Dungeon Event Chests, and AD Updates!

Comments

• Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zaflart wrote: »
    @ dexyman post #175

If you don't understand the Korean model micro-transaction plan, you're the Einstein.

The way the Chinese government is run greed is encouraged. The state even finances gold farming via prisoners. "Chinese Prisoners Forced to Farm MMO Gold" The Escapist, 26 May 2011 4:39 am

Read: "Why China Does Capitalism Better than the U.S." Time Magazine, Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011

As for the currencies, my apologies for only listing the one I use. It was supposed to be understood there are more types, the list is a bit longer than I wanted... To convey my message (there are over twenty different currencies).
    lol an american preaching about greed?...as for the escapist try reading the original article not the plagiarized version ^^
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually, if a person turns 60, runs 4, 10 minute dungeon delves in one day, they are automatically top geared. I don't know why everyone is referencing supply and demand, when the market is non existent in the AH for items that are bop. It well not increase or decrease, it well no longer exist

Please re-read the developer quote. Nowhere does he guarantee top gear in every chest.
  • Options
    zaflartzaflart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dexyman wrote: »
    lol an american preaching about greed?...as for the escapist try reading the original article not the plagiarized version ^^

Nice argument. The best you can come up with? Nit pick all you'd like, my points are still facts, which you seem to know nothing of.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice argument. The best you can come up with? Nit pick all you'd like, my points are still facts, which you seem to know nothing of.

You arn't in a good place to argue ignorance.

PWE is an American company, based out of California. PWI is the Asian company. And while, yes, PWE is a subsidiary of PWI. You have zero evidence or facts to back up your version of PWI's totalitarian control over the company. A more realistic version, based on, common, general, business practices. Would be that PWI simply sets the budget and quarterly goals for PWE. Leaving PWE fairly independent on how it reaches those goals. There simply are no foreign overlords cracking the whip.

However, this version, the more realistic one, does little to play into your racial paranoia so it will be ignored and discounted.
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2013

my point was made in my 1st post...you add nothing but racial streotyping and sweeping statements.
  • Options
    yumyumtastybumyumyumtastybum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so...

this means i cant farm my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off for 3hrs in DDs, get lucky, earn 1.2mil AD and buy zen with it?
    HMMM

zen prices arent going to drop to like 1zen = 35ad and if they do the people who already have like 10mil ad are going to be retardedly zenned up
  • Options
    kudzilkudzil Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Overall I really like what I'm seeing. I was getting bored and frustrated with the game. It's nice to see some serious work is being done.

I like that you didn't fiddle with the TR too much bc it's not the "unstoppable" class some complain about. After playing some ofther classes I realize just how much nuance is required to play and survive as a TR.

Just as an aside I'm really glad you've addressed the fighter overpowers. What is the deal with GF's being able to smash me from nearly as far away as I can throw a dagger?

I'm not understanding the reduction of cloud of steel btw. We hardly ever have time to throw that many daggers anyway especially if we have to be planted all the time but I guess you have your reasons.

My biggest complaints about the game were:
    1. Some quirkiness with different classes (hopefully that's gonna be better)
    2. Content... I'm really disappointed in the level of content introduced for high level char from PVP to Gauntlegrym its pretty "cardboard" and we need better and more.

3. Customization. There is practically no fashion stuff and if u want me to spend money on Zen I ain't interested in some fru fru wedding outfit or courtesan apparel. In other games you can slot any items into fashion apparel so your old stuff that looks cool can be mixed and matched to really make for an easy integration of varied looks without you all having to go on a design compaign... there's not nearly enough areas available on fashion to fill either. Three areas is not enough.

Thanks for the hard work. G'day.
  • Options
    deathdianadeathdiana Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    New classes!!!!!! Yes yes and yes!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bob7549bob7549 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

I have four proposals:

In the game, I would like that my actor carries a sign with a message, and I change the message when I want, as a slogan or as a demand to the other players.

Example, I sit down in the street and :
    please.gif " A diamond, thanks in advance, please and thanks! "

Option for the inventory:
    Equip
    Identify
    Sell
    Identify and Sell

Classify runes and enchantments by decreasing quantities (to facilitate the searchs for the fusions):

And why not a fusion automatically!?

Possibility to borrow to the bank of diamonds, money, ...
  • Options
    billya66billya66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You should be able to buy scrolls of ID with in game coin ie gold silver copper not AD
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great news! Thanks Zeke!

I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered. To give a choice of 3 different items to reduce the RNG backlash that is bound to happen in BoP systems is an awesome idea as well as the addition of the Salvager.

Thank you.

One question about the AS Price Adjustments: you hit all the big ones other than the Mount Upgrades? I know it hasn't been mentioned on the forums but honestly I think it's more because the price is so outrageously high people are putting two and two together and buying a Tier 3 Mount rather than upgrades.

If the mount upgrades made all mounts upgrade then it would be worth it but if that is the case the description is not clear in the least. That service needs to be either clearer in purchase description or far, far cheaper. If I can buy a Tier 3 Mount on all characters for 1.1M then a single mount upgrade should cost far less and not at least double to triple that fee. ;)

This is good and dandy for older players but what you are putting in the table for newer players? Absolutely NOTHING!!!!
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    And, really, the math that points to it being cheaper to buy a good mount with zen... not really a difficult thing to figure out as to why they'd like to keep it that way.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This is a hot topic. Why was the sticky removed?
  • Options
    fragginbeast1fragginbeast1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Easier to gain AD?
    Cheaper when you spend AD?
    YESSSSS
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    This is a hot topic. Why was the sticky removed?

20 pages of negative feedback isnt something they want hanging around
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    Easier to gain AD?
    Cheaper when you spend AD?
    YESSSSS

Exactly how is it easier to make AD outside your petty 24kad a day?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Stickies take up room on every page. We do try to keep them to a minimum and in an ideal world we would like to have 3 in each section maximum but that doesn't always happen the way we would prefer.

The general section tends to have too many and as such announcement posts like this will typically get a spotlight for a week or two and is then lose the sticky. There's plenty of places to discuss this in the Preview Shard Forums as well as this and other threads.

All people have to do to know about this is to read the planned changes which will arrive with Fury of the Feywild. There's really no need for it's own sticky anymore. :)
  • Options
    xandloftxandloft Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    is there any news on cryptic fixing the ninja loot exploit where group leaders can boot their entire group right as a boss (such as draco) dies and take the loot for themselves? This has turned away more players than a lack of end game content, and is something that is easily fixed by changing the group member boot system to either have a timer once the instance is started or changing it to only being able to boot DCed players.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    Economically first sentence is invalid in logic. Reducing drops put into the game means less items in the auction house, this is limiting the supply of the epic equipment within the AH. There is no relationship to demand. An analogy to your sentence in simpler terms would be, there is a severe corn famine in the mid-west which increases the demand for corn.

Actually, the first sentence makes perfect sense and is quite logical economically. There doesn't have to be a change in demand for prices to rise. Assuming a stable demand curve, a leftward shift of the supply curve... a reduction of supply... will cause a new, higher equilibrium price. By the way, a reduction in the supply of corn, caused for example by an excessively poor crop, generally does increase the price of corn... because of that reduction in supply.

Edit: I saw your analysis later in the thread from when I read and responded to this post that you later included shifts to demand, which obviously changes things up a bit.
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    Salvage Trader - Nice!

Dungeon Delve Event Chest - Also Nice!

Most of the above changes will debut on Preview this weekend so hop on and let us know what you think over the next couple of weeks. We
  • Options
    synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I couldn't agree more with Coogrrr. I actually invested in a Feywild pack - as well as extra character slots - in my anticipation of the hinted-at class coming in the (near, please? pleeeeease?) future. In particular, the new quest content and those solo dungeons hold immense appeal. I mean, let's be frank - pick-up groups for delve events very often end in frustration because everyone has a different idea how a "successful" dungeon should be completed (speed, convoluted methods of sneaking past certain bosses, go for every chest or only the last chest, etc.) and it's a right pain in the rear to invest an hour or more in a challenging dungeon only to have egos and divergent ideas lead to half or all the party bailing. So thank you, ENORMOUSLY, for the upcoming new content. You've made this quest- and lore-hound very happy. :D

Oh, and just in case I didn't support Coogrrr's plea enough: Pleeeeeeease-pretty-pretty-please more classes? I have a total of eight characters maxed to 60 and in respectable gear, all but one having been through the entire questline (and the last one's in the Upper Vault as we speak.) Granted, it'll be fun trying out all the new Feywild content on each of those, but it'd be exponentially sweeter to have something new to take from boat crash onward though the whole thing, new and old.

Please? :D
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • Options
    kounoupigkounoupig Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As always I understand your frustration but creating the Zen items they have is infinitely easier, faster and less complicated than new content. That plus if you know how game development is done there's actually a lot of downtime while creating new content.

A lot of quality of life updates are done while developers are waiting for approval of their work to advance to new stages of development. These Zen items are more than likely being created in the same time periods.

Example: Spider companions. The AI already exists, animations exist and the models already exist. I would be shocked if it took more than a few hours to create those companions and a day to test their functionality.

Being upset that Zen items are being added is meaningless without considering the difficulty in creating the zen shop items. I promise you if they didn't care about creating new content they would be able to create hundreds of them a month rather than a few every three weeks.

Example two: The tiger mounts mainly use the panther model and animations. So basically (completely fictional) a graphic designer finished working on a formian model. In order for the formian model to advance to the animation stages the model has to be approved by the producers such as Andy Valasquez who are often busy people and may need a day or so before they can look at that specific model. In the mean time the graphic designer has nothing to do so he/she doodles a tiger skin and shows it to the producers and they really like it so they polish it a bit more and throw it into the shop as a cosmetic item.

The graphic designer is by no means losing time working on content. There's downtime in game development where developers take on small projects between big projects and that's where quality of life and the cool cosmetic additions come from.

At least this is how it is in most game development companies. I could be wrong about Cryptic but I would be shocked.

well thank you for the insight, however, i would very much like to see a response to the BOP of the DD chest, since most of the comments (including my own) are of negative opinion...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    kounoupig wrote: »
    well thank you for the insight, however, i would very much like to see a response to the BOP of the DD chest, since most of the comments (including my own) are of negative opinion...

My opinion is that it is better for the game and this change has been needed since day one.

Nobody likes to have their shiny rewards taken away but the drops were too common and it drove the prices of items into the pits. The Dungeon Delve Chest was too rewarding. Period.

Reducing the amount of drops which go onto the market will improve the game economy and by default the dungeon rewards as a whole. Furthermore it drastically reduced the DD Event "Requirement" because the main source of AD will now come from boss drops rather than chest drops.

It opens up issues such as needing on items because some jerk thinks because he "needs AD" he should "need" on the loot but that's something which can be addressed either by party leaders or preferably addressed by Cryptic.

EDIT - And do read the posts again. Most of the comments are actually not negative. :)
    And those that are negative are not entirely logically concluded. You're free to your opinions but anything which states this change is only to increase Zen Sales and such is so horribly wrong it's just...no. :p
  • Options
    thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is great news. As a casual gamer, with never more than 50,000 AD, I felt like I could never use most of the AD services in the game. Which is an ogre-sized bummer.
  • Options
    kounoupigkounoupig Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My opinion is that it is better for the game and this change has been needed since day one.

Nobody likes to have their shiny rewards taken away but the drops were too common and it drove the prices of items into the pits. The Dungeon Delve Chest was too rewarding. Period.

Reducing the amount of drops which go onto the market will improve the game economy and by default the dungeon rewards as a whole. Furthermore it drastically reduced the DD Event "Requirement" because the main source of AD will now come from boss drops rather than chest drops.

It opens up issues such as needing on items because some jerk thinks because he "needs AD" he should "need" on the loot but that's something which can be addressed either by party leaders or preferably addressed by Cryptic.

EDIT - And do read the posts again. Most of the comments are actually not negative. :)
    And those that are negative are not entirely logically concluded. You're free to your opinions but anything which states this change is only to increase Zen Sales and such is so horribly wrong it's just...no. :p

okay thank you very much, i guess we shall just have to wait and see what exactly the impact will be
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kounoupig wrote: »
    okay thank you very much, i guess we shall just have to wait and see what exactly the impact will be

The impact will not affect the older players who are sitting with millions of ADs in the bank but will drastically affect the newer players who don't have that kind of resources. The game will become a P2W, where a handful of players will rule and the rest will be squished.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You're free to your opinions but anything which states this change is only to increase Zen Sales and such is so horribly wrong it's just...no. :p

When you look at the WHOLE picture and take all the upcoming changes into account it is very hard to believe this change is not being done to increase Zen sales. You add the DD chests going BOP + Feywild costing AD and gold to progress it just seems to = they are trying to force players to open their wallets. The price of BOE armor rising only benefits the lucky player that got the super rare drop and PWE because almost anyone who buys it will have traded Zen for AD. No one forces anyone to buy their armor, we all know that, but those new players who do will have to make a significantly higher Zen purchase than they did before.

Now if ALL tier armor drops were made BOP I would believe the change was put in place to help the game. It is my opinion that many (if not most) Zen purchases are used to buy items from the AH (lets face it, most of the Zen store items suck). Artificially inflating these prices seems like a way to increase Zen sales from those willing to pay. I just really pity new players joining this game because they will have almost no way to make AD and they will still have to find some way to cover the cost of running Feywild content.

I know my comments are negative. It is not because I dislike the game. It is quite the opposite. I absolutely love the game. I just do not like the direction it is heading. If there was only one major economical change coming it would not be so bad. Unfortunately the upcoming update AS A WHOLE (Feywild cost, BOP armor, Companion Upgrading) is clearly designed to suck AD from the game and force people to open their wallets more. NOTHING was put in place to help a player generate even the smallest amount of income. I know the salvager can help a player make some AD, but this addition only gives players an OPTIONAL way to hit the rough AD cap. Anyone who put a small bit of effort into hitting the cap could do so already.

I know PWE needs to make money. I am a huge supporter of this game and I give them my money willingly because I chose to do so. Now, if I just started to play this game and the patch was already in place, I would feel like I had to give them money or it will be too hard to get anywhere in the game. IF increasing Zen sales had ANYTHING to do with this all of these changes I wish PWE would rethink their strategy and put more effort into increasing the usefulness of the items sold in the Zen store.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    When you look at the WHOLE picture and take all the upcoming changes into account it is very hard to believe this change is not being done to increase Zen sales. You add the DD chests going BOP + Feywild costing AD and gold to progress it just seems to = they are trying to force players to open their wallets.

Or play at a reasonable speed. Not everything needs to be rushed in a week. /shrug
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Or play at a reasonable speed. Not everything needs to be rushed in a week. /shrug

My first guy that I started playing back in May *just* hit 60 last week, which in my opinion, is exactly right for timing. I purposely took such a long time over it in order to collect skirmishes (still missed one), but it's been fun times, and he was able to get fully outfitted in a set of baby's-first-PvP-epics and can afford a cat (just waiting for the price reduction). He's also got several zones of questing left to go in order to level said cat.

I think that if you play slowly, it's not at all difficult to acquire everything you could want by the time you can actually use it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I post again same stuff ;/

You wont be able sell for AD :
    t1 pvp/GG items/DD box/Drake seal items.

Only source of AD now is Boss drops.

This is a pretty serious strike to player's income and salvage not make up for it(as ppl said b4 salvage doesnt increase ur AD income but it makes it faster to get to refine cap of rough AD.)

You say boss drops will cost more,but still most of boss drops cost so little not only because there are too many in AH coz of DD box but because noone would pay serious ammount of AD to buy them.

A piece of t1 gloves lets say that now sells at 5k AD,even after DD box its price wont sky rocket to 50k AD And expect ppl to buy it...
    Especially now that ppl got a decent chance with new DD box they rather farm some t1 pvp and raid.Noone would pay so much for sth they know they will replace soon.

Also a boss dropping sth good,and actually winning it is very rare and takes too many raids to do so.(how that helps new players beats me)

Also someone else posted it before,old players wont prefer take new ppl (especially now that new ppl will gear up way slower) it will be much harder for new player to gear up and find raid groups actually.

Not to mention everyone gonna be needing anything but w/e.

So in general game harder to get AD/gear up (didnt even talk about enchants,which are the most important thing in game tbh,1 rank 7-8 will take twice as much to farm now etc),so ppl spend more zen etc..

If all this is not so logical and u think changes with this patch makes it easier for free players and cuts down the need of zen then ok sure.