Options

real money stolen

13»

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    Players need to put a lot of thought into that fact when they pull out their cards.

This is a universal truth that nearly everyone should already know. Good to see you finally getting on the bus. Wisdom is a blessing, be glad you earned a little today.
    It creates a situation were pwe can legally steal from you. Keep your wallets closed, i dont want anyone else getting screwed over.

Well, that was short lived.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    They are giving you plenty in return. This is a Free to Play game. Somebody had to design the content, somebody has to pay for the servers, somebody has to pay for the hosting, somebody has to pay the designers, etc. You were given the game in return. The fun of the game. If you don't like that, then simply uninstall the game and leave. This is not even a serious complaint... gear is always going to be replaced in MMOs... that is how the games work.

Not a serious complaint to you, not me. I have had purchases with real money taken away from me. It is a serious complaint. To me. Not you, me.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just bail. The more you feed this gluttony of a game, the worst it will get. I've played a lot of MMOs and this is the worst. Ive never seen so much nickeling and diming. The game has a cool combat mechanic, but everything just falls flat. The AD to do anything system is broken and the zen items are way too high. Respecs are too expensive, you get the picture. Walk away and support a different games. NeverWinter will continue to exist as long as players keep dishing out cash.

Lol, you never played WOI(war of immortals) PWE publish that scam game too and that game make this NW seem legit. They have rng to the max and on EVERYTHING from forting gear to ascending pets and loot drop. You can spend all month farming enough money or fort charms just to be trolled when you use them.
    What made me quit that BS game was after I got trolled for the 3rd time after spending 2 weeks ascending my dragon pet, when ascension finally reaches 100% after spending tons of money and zen items to get there, they have the pet growth on that stupid rng system. They give you 3 free tries to roll a high growth but each time it trolled me, the growth was lower each time. And don't get me started on gear fortification, so happy NW don't have that setup on our gear.
    Sorry I went to a dark place when I think of that **** game, wasted a year of my life on that p2w/f2p game and nobody fault but my own for buying zen to upgrade pets because them pets are pretty(trap). lol;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not a serious complaint to you, not me. I have had purchases with real money taken away from me. It is a serious complaint. To me. Not you, me.

Well, as other have said, buyer beware. The problem is that you spend the money to be the "top player" and now the changes made you not so top. The are other views to see this. There are players who may not spend a dime and earn the game gear via trades, AH, buying/selling, farming whatever. They will just adjust and move on and continue playing.

That is what you should do (if you are so incline) the enchant in your CURRENT armor my "suck" but at least you have an option to take it out, if that option is not available, then it would be worst.

I hope you will learn that in any business, you vote with your wallet. You think about what you are going to spend your hard earn money. Is it worth it? Do I need it now? Can I get it by other means? (I am cheap in general so I don't spend money frivolously)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Regardless, I feel for the OP.

Here's an encouragement: The average disgruntled customer tells 9 people about a bad business experience. So spread the word.

It's painfully obvious the Cryptic ticked off a huge portion of its player base. Word is quickly spreading about how they hugely screwed over their customers. It's only going to hurt them in the long run.

I, like always, will keep my wallet closed and encourage others to do the same.

PWE been scamming players for years with many games full of shady business practices but their games are still cash cows with lots of new players. As long as there are people dumb enough to spend tons of money on a "free" game nothing will ever change, hence why p2w/f2p games are everywhere. You can quit but there will always be 10 more people behind you still buying the new reskinned shiny from the zen store.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    Funny...

In most games, changes like this are handled by making the change and offering something as "change compensation".

"We are changing the skills tree, have a respec token on the house..." etc etc.

From what I read, the change happened but no "change compensation" has been given, sounds like a veiled money grab at best.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they have not scammed anyone. It is right there in black and white what you pay and what you get. At a latter date if they want to change something then that is within their rights to do so. But if they make changes you can't comeback saying you were scammed because of the changes.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Funny...

In most games, changes like this are handled by making the change and offering something as "change compensation".

"We are changing the skills tree, have a respec token on the house..." etc etc.

From what I read, the change happened but no "change compensation" has been given, sounds like a veiled money grab at best.

The change hasn't happened yet, and, in the past, they gave everybody a free respec for each character when they made major changes. More then likely this will this time as well.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    echokazul wrote: »
    The change hasn't happened yet, and, in the past, they gave everybody a free respec for each character when they made major changes.

Respec wont change the cost of removing enchantments. Thats the issue. Not the nerf, not a respec. but a changed item that many players have invested a great deal into. The enchants must be removed for free its the only possible legitimate compensation.
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    The change hasn't happened yet, and, in the past, they gave everybody a free respec for each character when they made major changes. More then likely this will this time as well.

Let's hope this change includes the free removal of enchantments then.
  • Options
    seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

They didn't take anything away from you. There is no complaint.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They didn't take anything away from you. There is no complaint.

Sure they did. I purchased X item. Now X item is gone.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sure they did. I purchased X item. Now X item is gone.

X item has changed. It is not gone.

Online experience may change during gameplay.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    X item is not gone, you still have the item, but it's stats were changed, because the developers thought that it was too overpowered. They changed it to what they figured fit the game best. The staff can do that at any time.

That happens a lot in MMO's, especially ones that have just started and are trying to balance everything.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    they have not scammed anyone. It is right there in black and white what you pay and what you get. At a latter date if they want to change something then that is within their rights to do so. But if they make changes you can't comeback saying you were scammed because of the changes.

What about all the people that bought expensive companions because they thought they could unbind them later? Then they remove the unbind tooltip months later. Is that not a scam? Or after the patch, many people bought keys and opened them scam boxes because the new tooltip on the lockbox that said you had a chance to get stuff you really couldn't get? And a mod posted a comment on it that said it was incorrect? That's not a scam either? I have more but maybe I'm just wrong and don't understand what being scammed means. Please correct me if I'm wrong:p
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    edited August 2013
    X item is not gone, you still have the item, but it's stats were changed, because the developers thought that it was too overpowered. They changed it to what they figured fit the game best. The staff can do that at any time.

That happens a lot in MMO's, especially ones that have just started and are trying to balance everything.

Fair enough, so i can take off my enchantments for free then, right? So they aren't charging me $100 dollars in ad to remove them from an item they've changed yes?
  • Options
    kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They are giving you plenty in return. This is a Free to Play game. Somebody had to design the content, somebody has to pay for the servers, somebody has to pay for the hosting, somebody has to pay the designers, etc. You were given the game in return. The fun of the game. If you don't like that, then simply uninstall the game and leave. This is not even a serious complaint... gear is always going to be replaced in MMOs... that is how the games work.

He is a paying customer,he and rest of the players(including the free players that dont pay) they pay the desighners,hosting etc..
    that is why the game is running still no forget that.

They do not do it because they are good people,they do it because it is their job and they get payed for it from the players.

Knowing how a company deals in situations like this is really important for rest of us as well^^.

no serious complaint?
    In many other games in situation like this there's always some kind of compensation.
    Maybe it is not important for this company but for other companies it is^^.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All kinds of folks are gonna have to respec gear now or change out gear..just like an expansion makes old stuff obsolete..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What about all the people that bought expensive companions because they thought they could unbind them later? Then they remove the unbind tooltip months later. Is that not a scam? Or after the patch, many people bought keys and opened them scam boxes because the new tooltip on the lockbox that said you had a chance to get stuff you really couldn't get? And a mod posted a comment on it that said it was incorrect? That's not a scam either? I have more but maybe I'm just wrong and don't understand what being scammed means. Please correct me if I'm wrong:p

It all depends on what is YOUR definition of a scam. General definition is one thing is offer (Ferrari) and you paid Ferrari price but got a Yugo instead. that is a scam.

You are buying a service. You don't actually own ANY of the characters/items/enchant in the game. You are spending money on a service and that service can be cut at anytime (i.e. banned, shutdown etc) So if NW suits thinks that NW is not making and shut down the game, they are within their rights. You are offer a service and with that AGREEMENT that service CAN change anything.

You go into this AGREEMENT knowing that. So yes, changing a feature is NOT a scam cause you KNOW that a game CAN change at anytime (read the TOS) Many of us HOPE things don't change too drastically, but there are times thing may change for balance or other factor (we don't have the devs' roadmap)

So it is NOT a SCAM. At the end of the day, we don't own a piece of our character. All the item we earn can be taken away in a blink of an eye. Some won't do that because it will scare away customers, BUT there are people who are welcoming a change. If the dev decide one day that pushing boss of ledge is a bad idea, there will be another outcry, but it is changes for the future.

Sure doomsayer will go "game will die, blah blah blah" people been saying that for YEARS with other MMO (like UO and EQ) but those are still going.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You are wrong as it has been said before that unbind was not going to be in the live game as they decided not to add it back in. you don't get it. Opening the boxes you take your chances. they are not forcing you to buy anything. You make the choice to buy. If you don't read. they can't be faulted for you not reading.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just to be clear i totally understand the nerf to the set. I get it, heck i even agree with it. However if the users of the set are to pay for the enchantment removal, when they didnt design the armor, nor did they change it. Then its outright stealing in my book. Players should not have to shell out $100 in AD because cryptic decided to change an item. Enchant removal must go hand in hand with the changes to said item. Anything else is stealing pure and simple.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just to be clear i totally understand the nerf to the set. I get it, heck i even agree with it. However if the users of the set are to pay for the enchantment removal, when they didnt design the armor, nor did they change it. Then its outright stealing in my book. Players should not have to shell out $100 in AD because cryptic decided to change an item. Enchant removal must go hand in hand with the changes to said item. Anything else is stealing pure and simple.

I still fail to see how is it outright stealing? You can earn them without spending cash (of course it takes a lot more playing and dealing with AH/zen Market) people chose to spend money so they don't have to grind. They chose to spend money for shortcut to be the best.

You did get to use the item before the nerf. Now if said enchant was release today and people bought it (the actual enchant) and then nerf 1 day after release, then I can see it would be a bait and switch.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    I still fail to see how is it outright stealing? You can earn them without spending cash (of course it takes a lot more playing and dealing with AH/zen Market) people chose to spend money so they don't have to grind. They chose to spend money for shortcut to be the best.

You did get to use the item before the nerf. Now if said enchant was release today and people bought it (the actual enchant) and then nerf 1 day after release, then I can see it would be a bait and switch.

Time IS money my friend.

Its the forcing players to pay for there enchantment removal when the players did not change the item. Its a fortune to remove lvl 8+ enchantments from items. Do you really believe players should have to sacrifice such a large amount of time and money because cryptic changed an item?? That sounds like stealing time and money from players to me...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . Account & Billing Issues and grievances must be handled through Customer Support as we cannot offer such on the Forums. Please use the Support Link up top any page in this web site or email them at customerservice@perfectworld.com, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.