What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerfing the clerics Hammer of Fate by 40% damage is a game killer for me

Comments

• Options
    lantmontlantmont Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, the DC and GWF nerfs are enough that I'm quitting and taking my friends with me. There wasn't much keeping me playing NW, anyway. And nerfing the two weakest classes and buffing the two strongest just goes to show they have NO idea how to balance a game whatsoever.

Protip: If a Trickster Rogue can one shot a GF and do 120% of a GWF's health in one hit, that isn't good game design.
  • Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rejoice, Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn is coming soon, right after Feywild.
    Feywild sucks by the way, no tier 3, no new class, balance = nerfhammer, dungeons still fully bugged, etc.

Perfect World + Cryptic = failure compagnies, if you were not sure about it, now you should know it.

Time for mass exodus.
    Give your money to Square-Enix instead of Perfect World, until The Elder Scroll Online comes out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    mattv980mattv980 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Simply amazing. Once again, nerf the cleric, which the community agrees is on the BOTTOM of the pvp power and survivability list. Obviously the devs play rogues as they are so reluctant to do anything about their powers. I'll wager one of them is losing to a cleric in pvp so clerics need to be nerfed even more.

Here's a thought. give us back our self heal to 100% !!!

Think there's almost no clerics in pvp now? wait till this goes into effect. We can't heal, can't do damage, get no pts from pvp as it is, and u want people to continue playing ? What ever happened to that "We know we gimped clerics in pvp by no longer granting assists for healing, we will make it up to them at a future time" post. Oh yeah. Thanks. We appreciate the love.

What's next ? Clerics won't be allowed to equip weapons or armor in pvp ?

simply pathetic

^ AGREED, the only way to make it fair now is to give us back our healing to 100% or even no so badly reduce the damage on hammer of fate, make it a 25% reduction and give us back a bit of healing, there have so many situations where I have healed myself and had to turn to potion spam cause I can't heal as well as I heal others.
    ...but today is not that day!
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After a good night's sleep, I had time to reflect upon Neverwinter and all the changes they have, and are planning on making. I came to one simple conclusion. Neverwinter has hired Jay Wilson as project manager.

'Nuff said
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I thought clerics were going to get buffed or, at the very least, be left as they are, but now I've no idea where the devs are going with this class.
  • Options
    smittyfrankosmittyfranko Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    Thank God for these nerfs. I never wanted to play my DC because these abilities were broken OP but now I will be able to with clear conscious.
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank God for these nerfs. I never wanted to play my DC because these abilities were broken OP but now I will be able to with clear conscious.
    :D, made my morning!
  • Options
    obskexobskex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here is just my 2cents - it's not just the Hammer of Fate nerf that bothers me or the sunburst AP build nerf that bothers me.. it is both at the same time.

This removes our only truly good burst besides a lucky doom dot proc.. and also removes our ability to generate quick daily's for Divine Armor. It's not like clerics are getting "bloodthirsty" faster than all other classes.

There are just so many other classes with things wrong with them - for devs to focus on clerics so harshly is just game ending for me.

Kexel
  • Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    braanu wrote: »
    Added to the list of Clerics quitting when this change goes through.

7 days until it goes live. 7 days notice of the change at all. 0 chance of it being retracted.

GG game over.

I 100% agree this was not needed and my main is a CW, my alt a cleric that I barely play anyway. Clerics are easy fodder already in pvp for almost any class and this dps skill was actually needed for them.

I hate to see classes nerfed to being useless and that is what its doing as far as a cleric damaging anything goes.

How dumb of a nerf this is I can't even begin to say , sorry clerics!! My alt will still get play time but I would hate to think of her being my main.
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    Rejoice, Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn is coming soon, right after Feywild.
    Feywild sucks by the way, no tier 3, no new class, balance = nerfhammer, dungeons still fully bugged, etc.

Perfect World + Cryptic = failure compagnies, if you were not sure about it, now you should know it.

Time for mass exodus.
    Give your money to Square-Enix instead of Perfect World, until The Elder Scroll Online comes out.

That's what I'll be going to. FFXIV: ARR is coming out just 2 days after this nonsensical patch hits.

Screw you Cryptic/PE. Clerics are going to jump ship.

Nobody will be running your new content, you know why?

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FINISH A DUNGEON WITHOUT A HEALER YOU MORONS AND NONE WILL BE LEFT PLAYING. THOSE THAT ARE WILL HAVE TO BRING A TANK, DOUBLE HEALER PARTY IT, AND TAKE 1HR+ TO COMPLETE OLD DUNGEON CONTENT. DUNGEONS AREN'T FUN DOING THEM SLOWLY. GG YOU RUINED YOUR GAME BEFORE ANOTHER MMO CAME OUT, WAY TO LOSE YOUR MICROTRANSACTION MONEY, MORONS.

(sorry for the caps, they aren't listening and I had to shout)

BTW...funny seeing a Community Moderator even posting that this change is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>....I know its just a player, but still funny. Cryptic/PE, see how you're lacking support now? People are losing faith in you. GG
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mattv980 wrote: »
    ^ AGREED, the only way to make it fair now is to give us back our healing to 100% or even no so badly reduce the damage on hammer of fate, make it a 25% reduction and give us back a bit of healing, there have so many situations where I have healed myself and had to turn to potion spam cause I can't heal as well as I heal others.

any reduction on Hammer of Fate = instant quit... it openly states clerics who do next to no damage at all are over powered damage wise in the eyes of the programmers
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    obskex wrote: »
    Here is just my 2cents - it's not just the Hammer of Fate nerf that bothers me or the sunburst AP build nerf that bothers me.. it is both at the same time.

This removes our only truly good burst besides a lucky doom dot proc.. and also removes our ability to generate quick daily's for Divine Armor. It's not like clerics are getting "bloodthirsty" faster than all other classes.

There are just so many other classes with things wrong with them - for devs to focus on clerics so harshly is just game ending for me.

Kexel

both bother me to beat all hell (I actually use both), clerics needed buffing really badly and were nerfed all to beat hell in their last major patch and to the extent that a note was made that clerics were known to be at a disadvantage in PvP and the situation would be corrected in the future... their correction is to nerf the cleric even further while the cleric has struggled in PvP
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I 100% agree this was not needed and my main is a CW, my alt a cleric that I barely play anyway. Clerics are easy fodder already in pvp for almost any class and this dps skill was actually needed for them.

I hate to see classes nerfed to being useless and that is what its doing as far as a cleric damaging anything goes.

How dumb of a nerf this is I can't even begin to say , sorry clerics!! My alt will still get play time but I would hate to think of her being my main.

they are also coming out with armor defense enhancements that give 50% slow/stun protection on lessers against slow and hold... this means that my chains of light which I rely heavily on in PvP isn't going to stop anyone from charging and killing me anymore, these changes are so ant-cleric in PvP that I don't plan on even logging in anymore ... they are also coming out with necro enchantments that lets the melee classes heal themselves better which means even less need for clerics (another go to Hell from the eyes of clerics)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think it comes down to this.... one shot killing the weakest classes in the game = intended, ever winning long fought long drawn out fights = not intended
  • Options
    invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2013
    When I do PvP, I always leave party if a Cleric is on my team. This will help me tremendously. Excellent change.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    When I do PvP, I always leave party if a Cleric is on my team. This will help me tremendously. Excellent change.

as a cleric I don't like playing with CW's and TR's, they both play off bases and offer no real melee support, the TR's will go stealth mode and the CW's will control and push back giving others little incentive to chase after them... in effect everyone on the other team will be charging the cleric non-stop when on CW and TR heavy teams and the end result often is a lopsided team loss with the TR's and CW's on the losing team topping the lists in kills (some TR's aren't bad for clerics to play with, but most are)
  • Options
    smittyfrankosmittyfranko Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    I can't wait to finally play my DC with proper and balanced abilities.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    as a cleric I don't like playing with CW's and TR's, they both play off bases and offer no real melee support, the TR's will go stealth mode and the CW's will control and push back giving others little incentive to chase after them... in effect everyone on the other team will be charging the cleric non-stop when on CW and TR heavy teams and the end result often is a lopsided team loss with the TR's and CW's on the losing team topping the lists in kills (some TR's aren't bad for clerics to play with, but most are)

Granted, the whole 'having to fight on the point' mechanic is plain stupid. You should be controlling area, not points.

Also, just last night, I won a PvP with two clerics on my team. Must be way OP'd ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can't wait to finally play my DC with proper and balanced abilities.

Yeah, it's pretty insane that they feel Clerics needed nerfing. On the other hand, I can be an effective part of a team with 2k less GS than everyone else... PvP is the true joke. They need to provide some tools there.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, it's pretty insane that they feel Clerics needed nerfing. On the other hand, I can be an effective part of a team with 2k less GS than everyone else... PvP is the true joke. They need to provide some tools there.

what class do you play
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    any word from the devs ats to why this is happening would be nice
  • Options
    badtemperdbadtemperd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Once you start nerfing characters it is the beginning of the end for the game. The game is different because if you know what you are doing, you can build some powerful characters. Now you are going to make them all cookie cutter, everyone is just as powerful as everyone else, just like every other game out there. Create characters and leave them alone. Things are what they are. You will be losing at least one player, I can play every other game out there for that "balanced" game play...
  • Options
    farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Wait badtemperd are you saying characters were not cookie cutter before this. They absolutely are.

If you PvP you use these moves.
    If you PvE You use these moves.

All those other moves not used for either are ignored. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    To sum this up, they took out our one and only one-hit-kill option. Other than this all the other abilities of a cleric, regardless what build, suck at DPS, I don't picture their teaching Karate at the local Y. What is so bad on one ultimate spell (that can easily be blocked/dodged) when one harnesses all of his power to strike a deadly blow, that can even so be re-used only once AP are collected?

Stupid stupid stupid PW/Cryptic d0uchebags.
  • Options
    kr0nixx#5213 kr0nixx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...but punishing light now drains 20% slower. Ill take that all day over the hammer thats a single target 30 sec cd move...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kr0nixx wrote: »
    ...but punishing light now drains 20% slower. Ill take that all day over the hammer thats a single target 30 sec cd move...

It's only a matter of time until people start complaining about that as well. Another nerf will follow, hence it's best to let everything as it was created. Most of the times.
  • Options
    synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And all the DPS clerics just started crying.

Name one instance - just one - wherein you were shown up (provided you play another class) in damage by a cleric, or had your rear end handed to you in PvP by a cleric since the last several updates were implemented.

We've become glorified healer companions. And, at this rate, we're soon going to be less useful than the devoted disciple you can pick up for free at level 16. Our heals are a joke (save Astral Shield - at least, until they destroy it, too.) DCs are already a rarity thanks to the constant abuse they receive in dungeons by groups who confuse them for complete potion replacements and/or a need to avoid damaging AOEs and the disadvantage they have even during the course of questline leveling. Do we really need more incentives to avoid playing them?

Others have said it: HoF is the sole respectable hit of which a cleric is capable, and even with all the recovery and AP-gain imaginable, it's not a real threat in PvP. There is no rational excuse for further crippling DCs. None.
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It all leads to one thing: eventually people will get bored playing a class when it gets nerfed to a point it becomes literally "extinct" and will be forced to start a new char, which means again spend more time/money on it, from which only they profit. We lose our money, our time, energy and everything devoted to bringing a class close to what we see as the projection of an ideal, and they will laugh.

Imb*ciles (usually hiding behind the strongest classes in the game) will comment with their utterly deficient "LOL", coz it's the only word they are capable of, so WIS and INT -9.999999999, skin thin, pale and dry, hair none and eyes wide out on the screen when he does a "crit. hit" compensating his real life decadence in a game, buying stuff to boost his ego.

That's how it usually is.
  • Options
    nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    obskex wrote: »

Kexel

Relax... Prophecy of Doom will be nerfed next.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    To sum this up, they took out our one and only one-hit-kill option. Other than this all the other abilities of a cleric, regardless what build, suck at DPS, I don't picture their teaching Karate at the local Y. What is so bad on one ultimate spell (that can easily be blocked/dodged) when one harnesses all of his power to strike a deadly blow, that can even so be re-used only once AP are collected?

Stupid stupid stupid PW/Cryptic d0uchebags.

it sounds more like you suck at DPS. cleric are dop notch AoE dps and survivability in both pve and pvp.

bad players will be bad.