Install Arc
Options

Nerfing the clerics Hammer of Fate by 40% damage is a game killer for me

Comments

• Options
    abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    huh what does this have to do with the topic lol

i doubt there are any pvpers that have ever said "**** these clerics are OP they need to be nerfed to the ground"

good one bud
    Haha, spot on! :)
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Listen up Bud since you are new here. PvPers have been complaining for months since before the game went live that classes are OP in PvP so Devs are nerfing classes trying to balance them for PvP. But what the nerfs end up doing is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the PvEer and not the PvPer.

This topic is about Nerfs just like my posts.
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Listen up Bud since you are new here. PvPers have been complaining for months since before the game went live that classes are OP in PvP so Devs are nerfing classes trying to balance them for PvP. But what the nerfs end up doing is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the PvEer and not the PvPer.

You claimed that you're an adult in one of the threads. So, as an adult and therefore (hopefully) reasonable and logical person, consider the following:

item 1: clerics, unless played by extremely skilled players with awesome gear, can't pose any threat in PvP
    item 2: PvPers "whine" for nerfs, when certain classes pose a substantial or seemingly unfair challenge in PvP (E.g., the "permastealth" issue)
    item 3: it takes zero "skill" to kill the bulk of the clerics in the PvP, which can be proven by the scoreboards

item 4: only teenagers or really lightheaded people may believe that "whining" on forums may impact the decisions made by the developers. Many other MMOs prove this quite effectively.
  • Options
    mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You claimed that you're an adult in one of the threads. So, as an adult and therefore (hopefully) reasonable and logical person, consider the following:

item 1: clerics, unless played by extremely skilled players with awesome gear, can't pose any threat in PvP
    item 2: PvPers "whine" for nerfs, when certain classes pose a substantial or seemingly unfair challenge in PvP (E.g., the "permastealth" issue)
    item 3: it takes zero "skill" to kill the bulk of the clerics in the PvP, which can be proven by the scoreboards

item 4: only teenagers or really lightheaded people may believe that "whining" on forums may impact the decisions made by the developers. Many other MMOs prove this quite effectively.

bare with me i have a short attention span

1: if clerics arent a threat, why is their damage skill getting nerfed
    2: pvpers whine a hell of a lot. if i die in one shot im amazed that he spent that much $$ into the game and admit i was outplayed for not being geared and dont scream for nerfs because i know its the enchants + gear
    3: clerics are pretty tanky really. if they know whats up. they use the same armour as gwfs so theres still some mitigation
    4: its been shown SO many times that people crying on the forums impact the decisions on this game. rogues perm stealth got nerfed because people couldnt handle blocking or evading or doing anything to interrupt their ability cycle to stay stealthed.
    then people cried more when trs were actually nerfed in pve and they ctrl+z the changes they made. gwfs getting nerfed because people crying on forums. every class gets whined about on the forums. do you even forum
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    mrsmon wrote: »

Mine is even shorter. I've no idea why they nerfing it, maybe they want to sell more stones of health, as I said. Sorry, but when I notice "rogue" and "nerf" in one sentence, my attention receives a huge debuff.
  • Options
    ragulolragulol Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    LOL at this really, it just makes no sence. I die from DC so rarely, so it makes me go whaaaaat? lol i died from a DC, i failed so much. Comming from a CW, who is right before the DC in the bottom of the PvP class-chart.

BTW PvP CW-s got their dailies(ice knife and ice storm) damage redused by 20%(via snap freeze) and ice storm prone for 0.5s, so dont be too sad for your DC XD
  • Options
    jimcrocejimcroce Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry that whomever is burdened with reading this first may not be the one responsible for which I require assistance. I am no particular player of importance, yet I fear these times call for a vanguard or hero if you will. I Jim Croce, Protector of Neverwinter, cleric of Kelemvor, and Defender of the faiths will take this responsibility. It has come to knowledge that changes will be coming soon to the population of protectors enclave, most especially changes to my fellow keepers of faith. This is why I have contacted you today by messenger bird Lord Cryptic. I may not have the glory of being a lord of your stature but, I have spent many a time protecting your realm, and have a following, a quild if you will, devoted to my cause. I must hear from your lips that the following amendments to your law are final and true: #1 My hammer may only deliver 3/5 the justice to neverwinters enemys. #2 I must require much more time preparing my hallow ground from battle. If these are truths you speak then, mark my words Lord Cryptic, Jim Croce and his followers will find a new realm to protect, and a new beneficiary for their copper. I expect that you will make haste in response since the times are so dire.

With wavering loyally,
    You don't mess around with Jim
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    those over powered enchantments never get nerfed and they really should be.... as it stands now they nerf and nerf and nerf classes and abilities to the extent that you can't create a build and expect it not to be totally destroyed by their nerfs, and if you can't trust your build to not be totally screwed up beyond all hell you certainly can't trust that you can spend money on your character to build it up for its build... net effect, this game is totally unplayable ... its really funny that every class was supposed to have 3 paradigms to choose between and we never got those, and the players made builds that at least were able to differentiate ourselves slightly from others and cause of it they choose to nerf the abilities that made even that little bit of differentiation possible.... they can go to Hell.

Why should they nerf the enchantment? They could milk a lot of cash from it...
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    huh what does this have to do with the topic lol

i doubt there are any pvpers that have ever said "**** these clerics are OP they need to be nerfed to the ground"

good one bud

I'm the original OP and I agree that this has everything to do with it. Hammer of Fate in PvE was almost an absolute joke damage wise, the only possible reason for nerfing Hammer of Fate would be PvP and even there it was fairly weak against most as most were able to move away from, dodge, or otherwise block it and if equipped defensively took only about 1/3rd of their health bar in damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »

except the cleric in PvP was never a kill leader and most often is ganged up upon and charged, they needed buffed not nerfed
  • Options
    mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    a rogue got me down to 98% hp and a cleric finished me off with an encounter power. CRYPTIC PLS NERF DC THEY KILL ME WITH POWERS AND THEY ARE HEALER CLASS WTF CLASS BALANCE IN THIS GAIME OMFGWTFBBQ_Q
  • Options
    edited August 2013

2: pvpers whine a hell of a lot. if i die in one shot im amazed that he spent that much $$ into the game and admit i was outplayed for not being geared and dont scream for nerfs because i know its the enchants + gear
    3: clerics are pretty tanky really. if they know whats up. they use the same armour as gwfs so theres still some mitigation
    4: its been shown SO many times that people crying on the forums impact the decisions on this game. rogues perm stealth got nerfed because people couldnt handle blocking or evading or doing anything to interrupt their ability cycle to stay stealthed.
    then people cried more when trs were actually nerfed in pve and they ctrl+z the changes they made. gwfs getting nerfed because people crying on forums. every class gets whined about on the forums. do you even forum

1. everyone here is asking this same exact question... WHY??????????????????
    2. no relevancy
    3. once they are hit and stunned they are dead.... against a well geared opponent of another class often one hit killed even when geared all up
    4. I believe at least during beta this forum was being watched, didn't matter the last patch nerfed the cleric like all beat hell and to the extent that they posted a note stating that they were full aware that clerics were at a clear disadvantage in PvP and to watch for the situation to be rectified shortly

those that were complaining about the clerics were the TR's and TR's were complaining only cause they were picking on the weakest class in the game cause everyone was wanting TR's to be nerfed... it was like their joke
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    a rogue got me down to 98% hp and a cleric finished me off with an encounter power. CRYPTIC PLS NERF DC THEY KILL ME WITH POWERS AND THEY ARE HEALER CLASS WTF CLASS BALANCE IN THIS GAIME OMFGWTFBBQ_Q

seems like they take complaints against clerics like this seriously
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Prediction for next patch notes: "Health stones can now be used in PvP"...
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    42mol.png

http://puu.sh/42mol.png

Please nerf DC, we are OP.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    42mol.png

http://puu.sh/42mol.png

Please nerf DC, we are OP.

the other 3 clerics got a total of 4 kills and were in turn killed 27 times.... only 1 of the three got kills actually and then only had 4 while having 34 assists, lol ... also most of the kills the cleric with 17 kills had were apparently against the other clerics, lol
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why they nerfing Cleric?
    Daily which is useful now be useless. Next nerf Sun Burst, doesn't give so many AP.
  • Options
    troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    I could have lived with Hammer of Faith reduction. Honestly, i do play PvP regularly and i do enjoy sending people flying, Hammer was never over powered i will miss the damage but i could have managed. I suspect its a hard hit on DPS scale for some clerics. After last "fix" DC received (AS uptime reduction by 5 seconds) i shelved mine for weeks. I finally caved in and gave it a try with new build that revolves around fast AP gain. But no they decided to nerf Sunburst! Our second best encounter power after DIVINE AS. This skill was just amazing allowing to generate a decent amount of AP with just one damage ability slotted but no its too good for DCs, lets nerf it.

I am afraid that is one blow i will not be able to recover from as a player. I may not be a player of big importance but one less DC is exactly that, one less DC.
  • Options
    ragulolragulol Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    matii1509 wrote: »
    Why they nerfing Cleric?
    Daily which is useful now be useless. Next nerf Sun Burst, doesn't give so many AP.
    here you go
    Sun Burst: When hitting both enemies and other allies at the same time, the player now gains 25% more Action Points from this power.
    However, this power no longer incorrectly multiplies the intended Action Point gain per cast by the number of enemy targets affected.
    you might want to read all the changes
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?447201-Release-Notes-NW-5-20130812b-2
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the other 3 clerics got a total of 4 kills and were in turn killed 27 times.... only 1 of the three got kills actually and then only had 4 while having 34 assists, lol ... also most of the kills the cleric with 17 kills had were apparently against the other clerics, lol

Well actually, it was a joke lol. I would love to show the 3 - 24 also when playing premades.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ragulol wrote: »
    However, this power no longer incorrectly multiplies the intended Action Point gain per cast by the number of enemy targets affected. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?447201-Release-Notes-NW-5-20130812b-2

this is of course complete BS... it was always intended to do that from the start, and without doing that clerics will most likely have to slot an extra attack over a buff or heal just to be able to cast anything in divine mode... getting divine power in PvP was something you had to build for, not sure how bad it will be affected in PvP but in PvE clerics going the healing/buffing route are sure to suffer greatly
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Well actually, it was a joke lol. I would love to show the 3 - 24 also when playing premades.

go joke around somewhere else, getting the clerics nerfed further and beyond playability is way too far
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm the original OP and I agree that this has everything to do with it. Hammer of Fate in PvE was almost an absolute joke damage wise, the only possible reason for nerfing Hammer of Fate would be PvP and even there it was fairly weak against most as most were able to move away from, dodge, or otherwise block it and if equipped defensively took only about 1/3rd of their health bar in damage.

i know my response was to the guy saying good job pvpers for getting it nerfed lol, if your using hammer in pve well you got something else to look at...my response was to him saying pvpers caused this nerf to and that all pvpers not just dc's were whining about it which isnt the case lol. and i was saying that the topic isnt about other classes nerfs it's clearly about clerics and cleric skills which should not have been nerfed at all.

thats why i said what does this have to do with the topic at all just scroll up. im confused if your agreeing with him or me?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i know my response was to the guy saying good job pvpers for getting it nerfed lol, if your using hammer in pve well you got something else to look at...my response was to him saying pvpers caused this nerf to and that all pvpers not just dc's were whining about it which isnt the case lol. and i was saying that the topic isnt about other classes nerfs it's clearly about clerics and cleric skills which should not have been nerfed at all.

thats why i said what does this have to do with the topic at all just scroll up. im confused if your agreeing with him or me?

Hammer of Fate really isn't that good in PvE, so I would be agreeing with him. What can you actually kill in PvE with H of F????????? You are better off going with flame strike. HoF really needs buffed in PvE as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hammer of Fate really isn't that good in PvE, so I would be agreeing with him. What can you actually kill in PvE with H of F????????? You are better off going with flame strike. HoF really needs buffed in PvE as far as I'm concerned.

i think were both confused?? im not disagreeing that it shouldnt be buffed or nerfed it was fine as is his complaint was that pvpers caused these nerfs and my response was what pvper has ever or will ever complain that clerics were OP to warrant these nerfs. im in full support that clerics needed a major buff not to be nerfed 6 feet into the ground.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i think were both confused?? im not disagreeing that it shouldnt be buffed or nerfed it was fine as is his complaint was that pvpers caused these nerfs and my response was what pvper has ever or will ever complain that clerics were OP to warrant these nerfs. im in full support that clerics needed a major buff not to be nerfed 6 feet into the ground.

TR's were complaining quite a bit on these boards... what they did to draw attention away from themselves being OP'ed was to purposely attack the weakest class in PvP as sort of a joke.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    TR's were complaining quite a bit on these boards... what they did to draw attention away from themselves being OP'ed was to purposely attack the weakest class in PvP as sort of a joke.

and since the devs took that seriously it confirms they really are moronic and have no idea what their doing.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    and since the devs took that seriously it confirms they really are moronic and have no idea what their doing.

with that I agree with you
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's the only part of the patch notes that makes me sad. It's a vital component of my current pvp build, and i have nothing else i can reliably use in pvp. Definitely not the column of fire, the casting time is way too long and it doesn't follow the target like hammer of fate. So, it looks like we are forced into assist builds, not getting kills at all and not getting blue gear rewards. WHY is pvp always about kills in MMO is beyond me, but the game is what it is, and currently, this nerf isn't good for pvp clerics.

The only way i may see this change as positive would be a 6-7s immunity to any control power after using this spell. Since we won't be able to spam it anyway, and since the additions to this spell aren't good at all or what we need...
  • Options
    elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wtf with the sunburst nerf.